5* copies... worth merging or keeping?

Pimalai

Great luck in my last summon, a couple of nice 4*s (Gordin, which I like a lot; and Selena, which is kinda 'meh') and my third 5*... sadly a copy of Raven, which I already had.

I don`t like to have 2 copies of the same character in a team, but hey, merging him feels like a waste. And a couple of Ravens doubleattacking everything in the arena (and bringing nice DEF debuff) looks cool.

Also I have the idea of making a whole green team for the arena with Raven x 2 with insane speed and doubleattacking a lot, Gordin with his guaranteed doubleattack; and then backed up by Fae as support or by a mage (Merric). Both the Ravens and Gordin have advantages when low health, so I see a complicated team there for an enemy that comes in with the wrong team comp.

What would you do? Keep or merge?

Cheers.

It depends a lot on your team comp, really. There are cases where having a duplicate (like two Takumis) is better than one 5* and another weaker unit. But I think in most cases, it's better to merge; that's what I do anyways.

Is the stat buff guaranteed or just a chance? because getting just SPs would be a real waste.

I would definetely keep two Takumis, but Raven is a mid tier characters and his utility is kinda situational. At the same time, the idea of a monochrome team for the arena is interesting, because people can't see the team and probably won't be optimally prepared for that.

Def. merge them. In worst case sell him for 1000 feathers (if u really need them and can't wait).

I don't think u should ever use more as 1 green unit in the arena right now.
Still most users run 2-3 red units (which include falchion most of the time) and sometimes (less common) 2 blue units.

If u run with a green team like that into a Lucina, u are pretty much screwed already =).

Any team w/ the same pieces is easier to dismantle than one w/ different ones [unless that piece is broken *coughtakumicough*], so I would recommend merging [unless it's Takumi]. E.g. that team you just described could be obliterated by 1 Lyn, Roy, or any other solid red unit (and especially if they're limit broken =P).

Edited by ZXApocrypha

A

3 hours ago, Pimalai said:

Great luck in my last summon, a couple of nice 4*s (Gordin, which I like a lot; and Selena, which is kinda 'meh') and my third 5*... sadly a copy of Raven, which I already had.

I don`t like to have 2 copies of the same character in a team, but hey, merging him feels like a waste. And a couple of Ravens doubleattacking everything in the arena (and bringing nice DEF debuff) looks cool.

Also I have the idea of making a whole green team for the arena with Raven x 2 with insane speed and doubleattacking a lot, Gordin with his guaranteed doubleattack; and then backed up by Fae as support or by a mage (Merric). Both the Ravens and Gordin have advantages when low health, so I see a complicated team there for an enemy that comes in with the wrong team comp.

What would you do? Keep or merge?

Cheers.

full green team might not be so good considering the most powerful units in the game are red. I would say keep your five stars until you can see who has the stats (bane and boon) that better suit your team.

57 minutes ago, Sable Argyle said:

How do you even figure that out though?

Usually there are already initial stat variations for 5* chars discovered, even if you cant change your 4* into 5* right now you just need to level the unit to 20 and "try" to unlock potential to know what stats it will have at lvl 1 5*, there are also some for 4* to compare, just google your unit and see some pages with how their inital stats should be depending on their lvl 1.

For example I was hunting for a Roy with +SPD and a Bane in -DEF, Roy can have 8/9/10 SPD at level 1 5*,obviously 8 is a bane, 9 a mid and 10 is the boon, I usually see paged like rankedboost or gamepress, which altough have some inconsistencies and not so great reviews for chars(I read there that Takumi's Special Skill was worthless, that is how much their reviews suck to an extent), it still has some initial stat variations which help a lot to see if your unit is worth it or not.

And believe me I got a -ATK Camilla and its damage was very bad, like there are some Robin variations that it doesnt OHKO.

It depends on the unit since there are some that get more fucked than others, like Healers usually dont care, but offensive units or defensive ones that need to aim for a speed benchmark or OHKO or 2OHKO some units, I got blesses with Roy,Lilina and Takumi since they have perfect natures for what they need.

Edited by Roxachronc

1 hour ago, Roxachronc said:

Usually there are already initial stat variations for 5* chars discovered, even if you cant change your 4* into 5* right now you just need to level the unit to 20 and "try" to unlock potential to know what stats it will have at lvl 1 5*, there are also some for 4* to compare, just google your unit and see some pages with how their inital stats should be depending on their lvl 1.

For example I was hunting for a Roy with +SPD and a Bane in -DEF, Roy can have 8/9/10 SPD at level 1 5*,obviously 8 is a bane, 9 a mid and 10 is the boon, I usually see paged like rankedboost or gamepress, which altough have some inconsistencies and not so great reviews for chars(I read there that Takumi's Special Skill was worthless, that is how much their reviews suck to an extent), it still has some initial stat variations which help a lot to see if your unit is worth it or not.

And believe me I got a -ATK Camilla and its damage was very bad, like there are some Robin variations that it doesnt OHKO.

It depends on the unit since there are some that get more fucked than others, like Healers usually dont care, but offensive units or defensive ones that need to aim for a speed benchmark or OHKO or 2OHKO some units, I got blesses with Roy,Lilina and Takumi since they have perfect natures for what they need.

Natures.

pYdfd2.gif

What the hell?!

Everyones stats are all the same. Fusion only makes them a little better.

16 minutes ago, PuffPuff said:

Natures.

pYdfd2.gif

What the hell?!

Everyones stats are all the same. Fusion only makes them a little better.

is a +2 stat at max per merging, is not that noticieable unless it is a +3 or +4, it is more significant for some chars than others, like Lucina will remain lightly the same but for someone like Roy who avoids being doubled by her with some mergings it definitely becomes noticeable.