Alm and Celica Amiibo unlock special dungeon (Amazon Japan)

Don't think I saw this mentioned yet, but I ended up looking at Amazon Japan's description for Echoes and saw a tiny tidbit about the Amiibo functionality.

Unfortunately it's just a one liner, but it's better than nothing.

"The game supports the Alm and Celica Amiibo [obvious right?] released at the same time; with them, you can challenge a special dungeon."

Due to the lack of context, it's impossible to know if both Amiibo unlock the same dungeon or different dungeons. Or if one Amiibo unlocks multiple dungeons.

...And of course we have no idea what's in this dungeon, but we can use our imagination, right? : P

5 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Don't think I saw this mentioned yet, but I ended up looking at Amazon Japan's description for Echoes and saw a tiny tidbit about the Amiibo functionality.

Unfortunately it's just a one liner, but it's better than nothing.

"The game supports the Alm and Celica Amiibo [obvious right?] released at the same time; with them, you can challenge a special dungeon."

Due to the lack of context, it's impossible to know if both Amiibo unlock the same dungeon or different dungeons. Or if one Amiibo unlocks multiple dungeons.

...And of course we have no idea what's in this dungeon, but we can use our imagination, right? : P

If it unlocked...The Outrealms, then you'd have like 8 games in one!

I'm assuming these are going to be grinding dungeons along with getting rare items. I just hope they are good. I mean, I was getting the amiibo anyway, but I still hope getting them is worth it.

Ugh, I don't want to buy amiibos to unlock stuff. I rather just fork over a few bucks than buy a silly amiibo. 

If it is an extra map that allows grinding, then is that kind of pointless since there are areas in the original game where you can run into a ton of mummies? =/

You know what I think? The iconic "Tales Of Series" EX dungeons. Basically the amiibos will unlock special dungeons (different ones from each amiibo) with powerful foes and epic music to boot. It would also be cool if they add cameo items of other FE's like the DLC in Awakening did. Special items like the op weapons from Infinite Regalia. But then again, SoV is having DLC so it all depends on what we see. Anyways, I'm hyped!

That's actually kind of interesting. I can see them doing something similar for the rest of the Fire Emblem amiibo if they implement them. Have a short dungeon (though Gaiden's dungeons were never long I guess) where at the end, you can recruit the respective character (except for Corrin because you know he'll end up like Roy in the last one).

The Fire Emblem amiibo are the only ones I collect, so I don't really have a problem with this.

22 minutes ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

I hope so! I'm drooling at the thought of Roy & Marth in Echoes' art style.

I'd be curious to see how Robin would work with the new HP Spell costs. You figure that Thoron would just be a unique spell specific to him? 

And, considering how there are no dragonstones in the game, I wonder how Corrin would work if he was implemented. (Or Ike's axes for that matter... xD )

3 minutes ago, AsherCrane said:

I'd be curious to see how Robin would work with the new HP Spell costs. You figure that Thoron would just be a unique spell specific to him? 

And, considering how there are no dragonstones in the game, I wonder how Corrin would work if he was implemented. (Or Ike's axes for that matter... xD )

Maybe Robin would get the gamut of spells? He can use fire and thunder and elwind, he could have a spell list unique to him.

Corrin, no idea how they would work him in - starting to doubt we'll ever see his amiibo at all.

Also, let's be honest - you could give Ike the ability to wield every weapon type in the game and you'd still have no reason to use any of them over ragnell lol.

My thoughts for what this could be are:

A.  Super grinding dungeon ala the Awakening and Fates DLC

B.  Post game super hard dungeon ala Apotheosis in Awakening

Or it could be a combination of the two.  Like Celica gives you the super grinding dungeon and Alm gives you the post game dungeon.

Interesting. Would be kind of cool if they were Endgame oriented dungeons for players to complete once they are around or at Max level. Almost like a mini Apotheosis/Challenge dungeon for each Amiibo based around the character/game they come from. So a Radiant Dawn endgame themed dungeon for Ike, or a My Castle themed dungeon for Corrin (if we ever get his amiibo).

Edited by Tolvir

Perhaps they contain rare droppables like the original gaiden had, just with the amiibo, you can access this dungeon and get them as a reward.  I'm talking about the star and sun lances, and even dragon/steel shields.

14 hours ago, Captain Karnage said:

I wonder what the other FE amiibo will do.

I was pretty impressed that they actually unlocked characters in Fates rather than just weapons

I would love if the other amiibo unlocked characters in the game. Just the characters themselves. 

The fact that you could get the classes and the weapons in Fates made the Amiibo themselves seem a lot less unique, especially since they had no supports or anything. Trade the weapons and classes for just getting the amiibo characters with supports, and it'd be the idea thing to me. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2017 at 0:01 AM, Captain Karnage said:

I wonder what the other FE amiibo will do.

I was pretty impressed that they actually unlocked characters in Fates rather than just weapons

I would love to see a themed dungeon for each with some kind of special item or weapon themed after each game. For example Ike would unlock a Tower of Guidance themed dungeon, Corrin would unlock a Valla or My Castle themed dungeon, Lucina maybe unlocking a dungeon based on the temple/castle that you fight Validar in. That would be a really cool addition in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to pre-order the Japanese versions of them over a month ago so I'll have these amiibo with me a month before the game comes out in the US. From what I've seen, amazon had them for pre-orders but it's all sold out. Retailers should have some by the time the game is out but these are Fire Emblem amiibo so...they could end up becoming very hard to find.

Edited by Lord-Zero

GameXplain did OK. Here's the info a bit more precisely.

There’s more. Players can write their in-game Alm and Celica data to the corresponding Amiibo and use the same Amiibo to summon a “phantom warrior” in-game, whose stats depend on the written data.

Here are the details from the Japanese Amiibo site:

Amiibo can be scanned in via the Mila’s Gear option on the world map. Doing so will unlock the “Summon Amiibo” ability. Any Amiibo can be scanned, but only Alm or Celica’s Amiibo will unlock the special dungeon and have their unit data written to their Amiibo.

During battles, Alm or Celica can use the “Summon Amiibo” ability. This will allow you to scan an Amiibo, which in turn summons a phantom warrior to fight alongside you. The summoned unit depends on the type of Amiibo scanned.