What is the best class for my Corrin

HenryKaze101

So am thinking of changing my corrin class for his final class and am wondering what is his best skill Set for my corrin and his information.

my corrin boon and bane

Lck+/Res- 

i like to use the omega yato in the class that is best for me

this is for online 

can't Change into apthocary or Oni savage 

i like to deal Str damage 

and that is it so please help me

Alrighty, first off, the classes that can use Swords (and therefore Omega Yato) are...

• Hoshido Noble
  • Nohr Noble
  • Swordmaster
  • Master of Arms
  • Master Ninja
  • Blacksmith (This isn't available to you, since your MU can't access the Oni Savage class line)
  • Paladin
  • Great Knight
  • Hero
  • Bow Knight
  • Dark Knight
  • Dread Fighter*
  • Lodestar**
  • Vanguard**
  • Great Lord** (This isn't available to you, since your MU is male)
  • Grandmaster**

* This class can only be accessed if more than one path is purchased.
** These classes can only be accessed via DLC

And since you said you prefer physical damage, we can count out Nohr Noble, Dark Knight, and Grandmaster from that list; maybe Hoshido Noble, too, if you're feeling particularly hard-line about physical-only.

Now, let's see what your +Luck/-Resistance build gets you as far as cap modifiers are concerned:

Strength: +2
Magic: +1
Speed: -1
Luck: +4
Resistance: -3
Caps for all unmentioned stats have no modifiers either way.

For a physical damage-based build, I think Vanguard would probably be the best option if you want something that can use Swords. As for skills... well, I'll leave it to you to construct a final skill set that suits your desires and style best, but I can certainly offer some suggestions!

• Swordfaire is always a good option if you're planning on wielding the Omega Yato as your primary weapon.
  • If you want to tighten up your defenses, Lancebreaker and Shurikenbreaker are both good go-tos, and you can't go wrong with Aegis or Pavise either.
  • Draconic Hex is an excellent way to make your opponent think twice about engaging your MU, since it'll be putting whoever they send in a bad spot afterward unless they can take out your MU in one shot. Countermagic would be a neat way to sort of play off of their weak Resistance stat and discourage opponents from taking advantage of it.
  • LifetakerStrengthtaker, or Speedtaker might be nice additions, but remember that you can't stack them; you have to pick just one. Skills like Aggressor, Certain BlowDarting Blow, and Death Blow would compliment them very well. You could also slip Galeforce somewhere in there, but do remember that it will only activate if your MU kills an enemy without any kind of pair-up assistance!
  • If you like to live dangerously, Life and Death would give a huge boost to your MU's attack power, but be very careful regarding the enemy phase, as well as potential counterattacks in general!
  • Aether, if you're alright with a lower proc rate. If you're not, Sol would help your MU stay alive better, while LunaAstra, or Rend Heaven would be great for dishing out more punishment. Vengeance is a bit of a risky proposition, especially if you're only using a 1-range weapon. Complementing it with Vantage would help a bit, but...
    As for Lethality, well, you can use it, but it's the least-reliable proc skill in terms of activation rate, and if you're already geared towards dealing heavy damage, you probably won't need it to take out enemies. You'd be better off with a proc skill with a more frequent activation rate that simply bolsters your damage output; you're not likely to need a whole ton of boosting, anyway.
  • Profiteer and Spendthrift make a good combo for damage-dealing, and would take advantage of your MU's high Luck stat, but it is a bit dicey and unreliable for something you'd be dedicating two skill slots to.
Edited by Topaz Light

On 16 February 2017 at 7:53 PM, Topaz Light said:

Alrighty, first off, the classes that can use Swords (and therefore Omega Yato) are...

• Hoshido Noble
  • Nohr Noble
  • Swordmaster
  • Master of Arms
  • Master Ninja
  • Blacksmith (This isn't available to you, since your MU can't access the Oni Savage class line)
  • Paladin
  • Great Knight
  • Hero
  • Bow Knight
  • Dark Knight
  • Dread Fighter*
  • Lodestar**
  • Vanguard**
  • Great Lord** (This isn't available to you, since your MU is male)
  • Grandmaster**

* This class can only be accessed if more than one path is purchased.
** These classes can only be accessed via DLC

And since you said you prefer physical damage, we can count out Nohr Noble, Dark Knight, and Grandmaster from that list; maybe Hoshido Noble, too, if you're feeling particularly hard-line about physical-only.

Now, let's see what your +Luck/-Resistance build gets you as far as cap modifiers are concerned:

Strength: +2
Magic: +1
Speed: -1
Luck: +4
Resistance: -3
Caps for all unmentioned stats have no modifiers either way.

For a physical damage-based build, I think Vanguard would probably be the best option if you want something that can use Swords. As for skills... well, I'll leave it to you to construct a final skill set that suits your desires and style best, but I can certainly offer some suggestions!

• Swordfaire is always a good option if you're planning on wielding the Omega Yato as your primary weapon.
  • If you want to tighten up your defenses, Lancebreaker and Shurikenbreaker are both good go-tos, and you can't go wrong with Aegis or Pavise either.
  • Draconic Hex is an excellent way to make your opponent think twice about engaging your MU, since it'll be putting whoever they send in a bad spot afterward unless they can take out your MU in one shot. Countermagic would be a neat way to sort of play off of their weak Resistance stat and discourage opponents from taking advantage of it.
  • LifetakerStrengthtaker, or Speedtaker might be nice additions, but remember that you can't stack them; you have to pick just one. Skills like Aggressor, Certain BlowDarting Blow, and Death Blow would compliment them very well. You could also slip Galeforce somewhere in there, but do remember that it will only activate if your MU kills an enemy without any kind of pair-up assistance!
  • If you like to live dangerously, Life and Death would give a huge boost to your MU's attack power, but be very careful regarding the enemy phase, as well as potential counterattacks in general!
  • Aether, if you're alright with a lower proc rate. If you're not, Sol would help your MU stay alive better, while LunaAstra, or Rend Heaven would be great for dishing out more punishment. Vengeance is a bit of a risky proposition, especially if you're only using a 1-range weapon. Complementing it with Vantage would help a bit, but...
    As for Lethality, well, you can use it, but it's the least-reliable proc skill in terms of activation rate, and if you're already geared towards dealing heavy damage, you probably won't need it to take out enemies. You'd be better off with a proc skill with a more frequent activation rate that simply bolsters your damage output; you're not likely to need a whole ton of boosting, anyway.
  • Profiteer and Spendthrift make a good combo for damage-dealing, and would take advantage of your MU's high Luck stat, but it is a bit dicey and unreliable for something you'd be dedicating two skill slots to.

Thank you I see if I like it and thank you for the skill set suggestion I see if it is good

I wouldn't recommend Vantage/Vengeance unless you're running a class that uses Tomes or Shuriken. Master Ninja would actually be an ideal class choice for that (though it doesn't benefit so much from your bane/boon, ideal would be Str+/Mag-, but you could probably still work with it), since you retain Yato access and can counterattack at 1-2 range with Shuriken, pretty much ensuring kills with Vengeance + Life-or-Death. At least in theory.

Edited by BANRYU

6 hours ago, BANRYU said:

I wouldn't recommend Vantage/Vengeance unless you're running a class that uses Tomes or Shuriken. Master Ninja would actually be an ideal class choice for that (though it doesn't benefit so much from your bane/boon, ideal would be Str+/Mag-, but you could probably still work with it), since you retain Yato access and can counterattack at 1-2 range with Shuriken, pretty much ensuring kills with Vengeance + Life-or-Death. At least in theory.

I wouldn't recommend Vantage/Vengeance - the combo's pretty much been gutted. Needing low HP when low HP tends to be enough of a problem as is is a big no-no.