Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

So 4332 Offense:

• Ground zero - #8947
  • After 8 hours - #9463
  • After 24 hours - #11 545
  • After 48 hours - #14 532

Given the average rate, by Monday, I now expect to be #20 466. If I can't get a stronger team with similar reliability to get me a better score, it'll be kind of interesting to see the effects of the final day's rush to push rank on the rate of loss.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fully levelled my team(5*Lucina, 4* Kagero/F!Corrin/Nino) and went through another lossless sweep, came out at 4298. With slightly luckier advanced opponents(a few uncapped Olivia teams gave slightly less points than others) I could break 4300, but this is just about my ceiling without more 5* units. Waiting for my rank to update, but I was hovering at around 23.5k(that might actually be updated now, I only went up 46 offense points)

EDIT: This is actually a really neat data point, because my rank just updated. To show how tight things are in this range, increasing my score from 4252 to 4298 bumped my rank from 23,557(something very close to that, 23,55 is correct, 7 is just what I'm pretty sure I remember) all the way to 18,649. It's still in the same feather range, but now I'm confident that it's very unlikely for me to fall below 30000, which I had been fearing before.

Edited by Ether

Update on 4332 Offense:

• Ground zero - #8947
  • After 8 hours - #9463
  • After 24 hours - #11 545
  • After 48 hours - #14 532
  • After 72 hours - #17 761

Given the average rate, I can expect to be #21 066, at best. However, since the rate keeps climbing and we've yet to hit that last-minute panic period for people, I'd wager it'll be closer to #22 500. I guess we'll find out, unless a -Atk Sully somehow solves my F!Corrin team's inability to go more than 2 matches without losing a unit.

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

Current score is 4,064, which I'm damn proud of.  Will probably end up at 70,000 or so.  Was something like 54,000 when I checked earlier this morning.

1 hour ago, Fly_or_Die said:

Whelp, 3700 just became unranked for me.

Not actually very surprising, I was falling sharply.

Does the rank update instantaneously, if you get a new streak?  Or does it take a few hours before they recalculate?

I'm at 4284 now, after I actually used a Dueling Crest and got a better 7 streak.  It's not a ton better than my old score, but my rank actually went down, and I'm sitting at 82,308.  Considering I was around 70,000 with a lower score just a couple hours ago, I'm a bit surprised, unless there's thousands of people who just got much better scores.

14 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Does the rank update instantaneously, if you get a new streak?  Or does it take a few hours before they recalculate?

I'm at 4284 now, after I actually used a Dueling Crest and got a better 7 streak.  It's not a ton better than my old score, but my rank actually went down, and I'm sitting at 82,308.  Considering I was around 70,000 with a lower score just a couple hours ago, I'm a bit surprised, unless there's thousands of people who just got much better scores.

It updates on the hour.  I think it also depends on your tier, too.  I'm Tier 3.

Bumped my score up to ~4100, by swapping Raven for Sakura.  Robin is no longer an issue.  Surviving against Lucina + another red is a lot harder.

1 hour ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Upgraded to 4051pts., now 57724th.

What is this 'tier' thing you speak of, eclipse? If it works as such, I shouldn't be 3rd tier. :mellow: I do see your point though.

I think I need to rearrange my team. 

I think the tiers might have separate rankings, so that someone with deep pockets doesn't steamroll rankings all day long.

Current score: 4165 with some defense on top.  Rank is about 40,000.  Need to practice a lot more, so I can break 4,200.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

I think the tiers might have separate rankings, so that someone with deep pockets doesn't steamroll rankings all day long.

Current score: 4165 with some defense on top.  Rank is about 40,000.  Need to practice a lot more, so I can break 4,200.

Does Defense count for anything for Rank, or it just Offense score?  I've got 10 Defense wins, and did most of my Arena matches with no deaths, except a couple, one where I lost Tiki and one where I was just down to Hector.  I've found Abel's extra range really helps for luring and for sniping units that separate from the pack.

19 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Does Defense count for anything for Rank, or it just Offense score?  I've got 10 Defense wins, and did most of my Arena matches with no deaths, except a couple, one where I lost Tiki and one where I was just down to Hector.  I've found Abel's extra range really helps for luring and for sniping units that separate from the pack.

Total score should be top defense score + top offense score.

7 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I've got 4284 Offense and 268 Defense, and that puts me at Rank 23,715.  We'll see how much I go down by tomorrow,

On 2/18/2017 at 2:53 PM, MaskedAmpharos said:

Update on score and rank:

EDIT: This was with one death aross the whole streak

IMG_0582.PNG

That team looks nice.

How does a level 40 Olivia helps?
Takumi move. Olivia Dance. 
Or Takumi hits x2...

That sounds brutal.

1 hour ago, Ryuke said:

That team looks nice.

How does a level 40 Olivia helps?
Takumi move. Olivia Dance. 
Or Takumi hits x2...

That sounds brutal.

Olivia's an amazing asset, honestly. It's just like you said, I can snipe someone then pull them back to safety or I can have Takumi or Julia snipe twice or give Ryoma the extra move he needs to reach a ranged. Dancing offers such amazing utility!

8 hours ago, eclipse said:

I was under the impression that rank was based solely on offense score. Although rare, I'd imagine there are situations where people don't find themselves being attacked at all, and that would put them at an unfair disadvantage in the rankings should it count both def and off scores.

Alright, been getting Olivia's levels up this week so I managed a 4390 in the arena last night just in time for the end of season. I was ~22k or so last night with my old score of 4294 before the hourly update, and this morning it has been updated to the new score, placed at 14110.

dKEvU1q.png?1

On 17.02.2017 at 0:16 PM, Avestus said:

4458 offense, 256 defense gives  rank 3762 now. I'd really like to have an option of challenging more "beefy" teams. I can beat better teams, but with the current system there's no way for me to fight against them.

4458 offense, 261 defense gives  rank 8360 now. Five hours to go. I really hope I don't fall from that juicy top 10 000....

And I really hope they give us opportunity to manually adjust the strength of enemies we want to combat. 

Team:

Spoiler

HnY1dzXXnfE.jpg

Edited by Avestus

I was around 27,000 or so last I checked with Offense Score of 4284.  I hope I stay above 30,000, but it looks like I dropped 4,000 spots in the last few hours.