Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

1 hour ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

The thing that weirds me out the most about the line-up is that they cut Alfonse and Sharena. Like, they're seriously going to cut out their main characters in favour of having completely empty slots? In the very least, they should have rotated in Anna.

I don't mind them leaving out the main characters, but they really should have kept the number at 10.

That said, if they continue to include at least 1 free character among the bonus characters, that would be a nice.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Sylphid said:

I don't mind them leaving out the main characters, but they really should have kept the number at 10.

That said, if they continue to include at least 1 free character among the bonus characters, that would be a nice.

The empty slots are likely to be filled once next banner comes, at least that's my prediction.

36 minutes ago, Wen Yang said:

The empty slots are likely to be filled once next banner comes, at least that's my prediction.

My guess is that the characters from the next Focus group will be the bonus characters for next week, like how the current Focus characters were added to this week's bonus even though they were released a few days before. There should be four of them, so they wouldn't even fit in the three open slots anyway.

Managed to snag a perfect 7-chain, despite a really awful match-up on that stupid split map at the very end (somehow not losing anyone, but everyone ended under half and Olivia and Gordin even had single digits). It was the scenario I dreaded most since I needed to sub out Marth for Seliph: facing Nowi without a Falchion. Robin lost 22 HP to deal 11 + 27 damage to her and Seliph had to sacrifice 27 HP to chip her for 6 to set up that Bonfire from Robin such that he wouldn't die. It was scary.

Anyway, as of 6PM PST on Feb 21, 4364 Offense is #3787. I seriously doubt it will last, given XeKr's 4444 had a final of #9911. Then again, maybe the huge shift in bonus characters will let me squeeze it out. In any event, I'll likely still try to improve things over the week. Until then, I'll keep reporting the rank shift for my current Offense.

Currently sitting on Rank 1112 with 4524 offense points. I'm interested to see how far that'll drop.

Re. Bonus Characters impacting defense, I don't think so. Since Lyn & Takumi fell out of the bonus rotation, my defense team has no bonus characters on it. My best defense score is actually higher than last season's by a solid 10-20 points. Although that might be just due to more units surviving? I'm not sure how that score is calculated at all.

I don't have any of the bonus characters really up and running, so I won't be getting much of a placement this rotation. My point estimations are around half of what they were last time, when I had Lucina's bonus on the roster. Aldo judging from the sheer difference, it doesn't seem like having more than one bonus character would do anything? Unless you get massive diminishing returns, that is.

7 minutes ago, Ether said:

I don't have any of the bonus characters really up and running, so I won't be getting much of a placement this rotation. My point estimations are around half of what they were last time, when I had Lucina's bonus on the roster. Aldo judging from the sheer difference, it doesn't seem like having more than one bonus character would do anything? Unless you get massive diminishing returns, that is.

From what I understand, it is indeed the case that having at least one bonus character doubles your score but having multiple does no better than one.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

From what I understand, it is indeed the case that having at least one bonus character doubles your score but having multiple does no better than one.

That makes sense, and seems to fit my current case pretty well. I had heard speculation on both sides so I wasn't sure. 

2 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Currently sitting on Rank 1112 with 4524 offense points. I'm interested to see how far that'll drop.

How in the heck did you get not only over 4k, but over 4.5k?!

2 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Re. Bonus Characters impacting defense, I don't think so. Since Lyn & Takumi fell out of the bonus rotation, my defense team has no bonus characters on it. My best defense score is actually higher than last season's by a solid 10-20 points. Although that might be just due to more units surviving? I'm not sure how that score is calculated at all.

U might miss the top 10k point but i could be wrong

19 minutes ago, Elieson said:

I got to 4.3k using a single 5* focus and 3 4* characters alongside last season, the extra stats granted by replacing those 4* with 5* could have easily pushed an extra 200 points over 7 arena matches. The key is to try and get a deathless run through advanced, and hope you get lucky with enemy spawns(the higher stats a defending team has, the more points you get for beating them)

Last week, I managed to hit about 4480 with my 5* team of Tiki/Marth/Robin/Merric. I was able to get Advanced enemies offering a max score of around 640, so fighting seven in a row deathless makes 4480.

This week, I have Hector, but I also have to use 4* Odin. This seems to be evening out well enough, since with them both not quite at 40, I've been getting battles in the 630s. I haven't managed to pull off a deathless streak yet, though.

1 hour ago, Elieson said:

Magic. No death, running F!Corrin, Eirika, Nino, and Azura. All of my matches were around 640-650 points, and were basically conquered with Nino power (so...I guess magic is technically not far off =P ).

Edited by LordFrigid

New season, current score is 3247 because I did my first 2 battles without any of the bonus characters, but for the sake of statistics I'm currently starting off at rank 38841. I expect that won't last long. I've been taking lv 1 Narcian with me, so I can only get battles around 578 but that's better than 313 and I can probably place around the 4k0 range, which won't give me any high placements but it'll give me some extra feathers nevertheless.

Defense team has gotten a success already, at 262.

Edited by Thor Odinson

My current score is 4,290 for a rank of 8,210, but it was about 7,500 a few hours ago with the same score. Will have to try again without deaths and with more levels on Hector and Odin: they're almost at 40 but not quite. No defense yet.

18 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Interesting I have 4,420 points and I am at Rank 4864, pretty amazing that 100 points make like a 3000 difference in ranks. 

Edited by Roxachronc

15 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

4364 Offense

• Ground Zero (6PM PST on Feb 21) - #3787
  • After 24 Hours - #6826

Quite the huge drop. If this keeps up every day, I'll end up using more score to get a worse rank than last week. Either this is a big, irregular burst, or complete change in bonus characters didn't actually slow anyone down.

The whales probably have multiple banner characters.  Everyone had a shot at Narcian.  C2P/F2P should've pulled one of Odin/Catria, assuming that they didn't sit on all of their orbs.

24 minutes ago, eclipse said:

The whales probably have multiple banner characters.  Everyone had a shot at Narcian.  C2P/F2P should've pulled one of Odin/Catria, assuming that they didn't sit on all of their orbs.

I didn't pull either and I have 40+ Orbs (still have a few chapters to claim, though). I'm just using Narcian, haha.

Just now, Arcanite said:

Figured this would be the perfect plce to ask but when do arena rankings update cause I got a pretty nice score and it didn't update or anyting.

I remember seeing it get updated upon the hour. So it should update in like 10 minutes or so.