Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Avestus said:

Whoah. What is the total rank of your team, btw?

My team is not good at all I have Eirika+1, Nowi , Hector and Takumi.

I lose a lot my last run I came up against a Takumi Lucina and Hector all +10 I can't compete

I was going to update my rank for the new score last night, but I ended up going to bed before the hour change =P . At the time of writing, 4592 points gets a rank of 894 (271 defense points, if that even means anything for rank...idk where 271 came from, all the other defensive wins are ~260. My best guess is that someone wasn't paying attention and mis-positioned something or just plain got in over their head).

Edited by LordFrigid

7 minutes ago, Gee said:

My team is not good at all I have Eirika+1, Nowi , Hector and Takumi.

I lose a lot my last run I came up against a Takumi Lucina and Hector all +10 I can't compete

hmmm and what was the possible max score for that battle? Can you remember?

Score 4630 is currently rank 409. Team: Robin+5, Ephraim+10, Ryoma+0, Julia+2

Would have a higher score but I accidentally used my weaker team w/o Ephraim in one of the fights for the arena after farming badges xD

Would include Hector in the team for higher stats --> higher score, but including Hector means I have a much higher chance of facing those pure +10 teams, and he's much less well-equipped to deal w/ those than Julia, who is much more well-rounded (I have yet to lose a unit w/ this team). I would have to sub out +10 Ephraim for another +10 unit, preferably a mage... but I don't have any others, and Robin is my next highest limit broken unit =P

37 minutes ago, ZXApocrypha said:

Score 4630 is currently rank 409. Team: Robin+5, Ephraim+10, Ryoma+0, Julia+2

Would have a higher score but I accidentally used my weaker team w/o Ephraim in one of the fights for the arena after farming badges xD

Would include Hector in the team for higher stats --> higher score, but including Hector means I have a much higher chance of facing those pure +10 teams, and he's much less well-equipped to deal w/ those than Julia, who is much more well-rounded (I have yet to lose a unit w/ this team). I would have to sub out +10 Ephraim for another +10 unit, preferably a mage... but I don't have any others, and Robin is my next highest limit broken unit =P

How much did you spend to get 11 Ephraims?

I just finished my second 7 streak, and I think I didn't have any deaths this time.  I got my score to bump up to 4522.  I don't think it's possible to get much higher.

14 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Managed to bump my score up to 4592 (+70ish points) by switching up my team from "Nino Emblem" to Tiki (Young), Eirika, Julia, Ephraim for the higher stat total. I was a little afraid of how the team would perform without song power and without the sheer synergy of the Nino team...but I ended up running into a lot of Effies, Hectors, and Sword Lords. I guess that makes sense, since a higher rated team is more likely to be running them, but since those three things are hard countered by Julia, Tiki, and Ephraim, it was just about as stomp-y as Nino. I'll see where the rank goes after the next update, currently sitting at 3760 from the old score of 4524.

I hadn't thought about that before... Because I'm sporting a Hector on my team right now and two other 173 stat characters... I do end up fighting more tank compositions.  You may be accurate in pointing out if you use a team with a lower overall composition you would effectively avoid some tank or 10+ comps.

And actually you may be even more accurate in the short future avoiding boosting your base points may be ideal for free to play/non-whales in order to avoid losses to hackers or mega whales.  Obviously if you can clear a 10+ stacked team you're going to get more points... but the odds of eating deaths in those situations seams way too high.  

Honestly they should have never let such stat stacking take place... makes me grumpy.

Edited by Katrisa

So my new Offense Score of 4522 gives me a Rank of 4337.  That was with no deaths.  I hope I stay in the Top 5000.  When my score was 4445, I almost fell out of the Top 10,000, so we'll see how much that changes over the next day or so.

My 4,300 score from earlier this week has fallen to rank 21,585. Hoping I might be able to do some last-minute improvements to that with my revised team. I'd been going Marth/Robin/Hector/Odin, but after training Narcian and Catria up to 40 as well, I decided to try Marth/Robin/Merric/Catria and it's been going much better. Merric's lower rating than Hector means I'm not getting quite as many points per perfect win, but having him back on my team has been making it a lot easier to reliably get those perfect wins. Catria's rating isn't quite as low as Odin's, which helps offset that a bit, and she's been easier to use and to keep alive.

For my score of 4522 it has gone from Rank 4337 to 4363 is the last 3 hours.  It looks like the drop isn't quite as fast as my old score of 4445, so hopefully, I can stay in the top 5000.  I just raised Sharena to 4*, in case I ever want to use her in Arena.  Abel has served me well, but if anti-Cavalry becomes common, I want to have a back-up.

3 hours ago, Rezzy said:

How much did you spend to get 11 Ephraims?

I just finished my second 7 streak, and I think I didn't have any deaths this time.  I got my score to bump up to 4522.  I don't think it's possible to get much higher.

a lot LOL. luckily (?) i literally rolled nothing but Ephraims 11+ times in a row, and had 1 where i got 2 of them at once.... >_>

7 minutes ago, ZXApocrypha said:

a lot LOL. luckily (?) i literally rolled nothing but Ephraims 11+ times in a row, and had 1 where i got 2 of them at once.... >_>

I didn't get a single one of either of the Twins.  I was hoping for them, but got the Jugdral pair, instead.

52 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I didn't get a single one of either of the Twins.  I was hoping for them, but got the Jugdral pair, instead.

Ephraim's honestly not that good so ur not missing out on much; he's alright in the current meta due to the # of +10 reds, but his speed's too low for him to be top tier. [Eirika's pretty good support, especially if u have a spellcaster w/ a +dmg per buff tome tho =O]

4364 Offense is worth:

• Ground Zero (6PM PST on Feb 21) - #3787
  • After 24 Hours - #6826
  • After 48 Hours - #9841
  • After 72 Hours - #11 964
  • After 98 Hours - #14 334
  • After 120 Hours - #16 171

And still no defense (as mentioned before, really wish I could save them; only had 1 last week, but something like 8 the week prior). Well, at least the trend in rank deterioration means I'll finish within the top 20 000. While that won't get me more feathers, it still means that more score isn't going to give me a worse rank than last week.

8 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

4364 Offense is worth:

• Ground Zero (6PM PST on Feb 21) - #3787
  • After 24 Hours - #6826
  • After 48 Hours - #9841
  • After 72 Hours - #11 964
  • After 98 Hours - #14 334
  • After 120 Hours - #16 171

And still no defense (as mentioned before, really wish I could save them; only had 1 last week, but something like 8 the week prior). Well, at least the trend in rank deterioration means I'll finish within the top 20 000. While that won't get me more feathers, it still means that more score isn't going to give me a worse rank than last week.

Yeah, at least the Defense only counts for 500 feathers.  I had 10 D wins last week, and was really proud of that, but only 4 this week.  I worry about not getting any next week.  I use the same team pretty much for both Offense and Defense, but I guess I could try to swap some around.

Offense score of 4522 has dropped to Rank 4413 as of 8:23 on Sunday.

2,815 offense, rank 71,274 (8:01PM PST)
3,441 offense, rank 46,978 (1:39AM PST)
3,441 offense, rank 60,087 (5:39PM PST)
4,368 offense, rank 12,513 (3:09PM PST)
4,368 offense, rank 14,421 (7:30PM PST)

Thanks to split map and my phone moving my character when I didn't want them to, no chance of getting a higher score. Oh well. I'm pretty sure I won't drop below rank 30,000 by tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, Dual Dragons said:

2,815 offense, rank 71,274 (8:01PM PST)
3,441 offense, rank 46,978 (1:39AM PST)
3,441 offense, rank 60,087 (5:39PM PST)
4,368 offense, rank 12,513 (3:09PM PST)
4,368 offense, rank 14,421 (7:30PM PST)

Thanks to split map and my phone moving my character when I didn't want them to, no chance of getting a higher score. Oh well. I'm pretty sure I won't drop below rank 30,000 by tomorrow.

Yeah, I got that stupid split map two or three times in my last 7 streak.  Thankfully, I managed to avoid losing anybody.  It seems I got either that one or the parallel breakable wall map on 5 out of the 7.  The only other one I think I got was the checkerboard breakable wall map.

15 minutes ago, Sylphid said:

4268 offense and 260 defense has me at 26677, I hope I can stay in the top 30000 for the next 8 hours.

Do defense points even affect rank?

Hard to say, I don't think so, but maybe it's a tie-breaker.

Offense 4522 is now Rank 4719, a drop of about 300 since last night.  I hope to stay in the top 5000, but we'll see if there are any last-minute people getting streaks in.  My score was a deathless streak, so I couldn't do any better without relying on higher score opponents.

39 minutes ago, Sylphid said:

4268 offense and 260 defense has me at 26677, I hope I can stay in the top 30000 for the next 8 hours.

Do defense points even affect rank?

No they don't, ranking is only based on offense points.