Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

14 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

No they don't, ranking is only based on offense points.

Well, there is an Offense rank bonus and a Def rank bonus, that you can get feathers for in each

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This week was good:
Offense ~ Rank
4325 ~ 4,595 (Day 1)
4552 ~ 565  (Day 1)
4552 ~ 2,642  (Day 7 - 7 hours left)

I'm happy with where I ended.  I'm still having the same issue that Cordelia is pulling my score down while Hector is pulling my score up.  I suspect that next week I will NOT have a 5 star matching the lineup.  So we'll see how that goes.  I'll likely have to dynamically level someone up to four star to deal with the competition.

1 hour ago, Elieson said:

Well, there is an Offense rank bonus and a Def rank bonus, that you can get feathers for in each

You can get feathers for points in both offense and defense. But only your offense increases your rank based on how much points u get. Defense doesn't get you anywhere in terms of ranking, but 500 feathers is still pretty clean though.

Edited by Arcanite
Spelling error

4452 has dropped to 10,317. I know ~4480 is possible with this team with selectively battling high point teams, but I don't find it worth the crests. 

Re: matchmaking. The opponents still scale based on your team’s stat total so you generally won’t see +10s unless using armors or merges of your own. Sometimes you might see some merged mages/cavs/fliers since their stat total is inherently lower (so those classes merged is comparable to unmerged infantry/armor).

4364 Offense is worth:

• Ground Zero (6PM PST on Feb 21) - #3787
  • After 24 Hours - #6826
  • After 48 Hours - #9841
  • After 72 Hours - #11 964
  • After 98 Hours - #14 334
  • After 120 Hours - #16 171
  • After 140 Hours - #17 790

Still no defenses, so I guess I'm getting screwed out of that this week. Looks like people stopped trying to improve their score as much after yesterday, meaning this is going to rank a little better than predicted.

2 hours ago, mungbean said:

offense: 4528 w/ rank at 4400--thankfully i didn't decay below 5000! 

What a difference 6 points makes.  Last I checked I was Rank 4852 at Offense 4522.

4364 Offense is worth:

• Ground Zero (6PM PST on Feb 21) - #3787
  • After 24 Hours - #6826
  • After 48 Hours - #9841
  • After 72 Hours - #11 964
  • After 98 Hours - #14 334
  • After 120 Hours - #16 171
  • After 140 Hours - #17 790
  • Final Rank - #17 849

I was definitely way off on my final rank. Given the initial rate, I was thinking I'd barely be sub-20k, but... there was apparently no pre-cut-off rush?

EDIT: Oh, and apparently they didn't rotate the bonus characters at all. That was certainly unexpected, considering half the characters just had their banner chucked out. Guess it's time to lug Seliph around for another week (not sure if preferable to run him or F!Robin).

Edited by Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi

4480 gave me a final rank of 8193.

Hopefully I will be able to aim for similar result this season because I sure as heck won't be able to gain much in the next one (Must I raise Fem Robin urrrr).

5 hours ago, Korath88 said:

4352 landed me in the 19,000 range.

For the new season, my perfect run netted me 4404 points, which is at rank 840 right now.

Now at rank 2179. Also managed to get a 256 point defense win on the first day.

I burned a couple Crests to finish the Lunatic Crest Quest, which gave me a streak with a score of 4451, which I think was one death.  I ran into a team that had limit break Hector, Rymoa, Takumi, and a reg Azura.  My current Rank is 2512, but I expect that to plummet before the week's over.

I had one Defense Win before I woke up and got another later today, so I don't have to worry about that, now.  I guess I'll bite the bullet and train Fem Robin, since I'll need a Bonus Character for the next batch.  Too bad she has nothing on Julia.

Spent Crests because: 1) Narcian died and, 2) I netted +3 Crests from quest.

Day 1: 4,368 offense; rank 2,672 (4:30AM PST)
            4,368 offense; rank 3,883 (5:49PM PST)

Already got a 258 Defense score within like two hours of the new season.

19 minutes ago, pianime94 said:

I barely got any defense in. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, really.

Defense Wins seem to be random for me.  I got 10 a couple weeks ago, just 4 last week, and I've already got 2 within hours today.

1 hour ago, Dual Dragons said:

What's the team set-up?

Julia, Eirika, Nino, and Sharena.

Got no pineapple head for myself to fill the meta.

Edited by pianime94