Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

@Ice Dragon Sophia can mop up Tharja with Red Tomebreaker and barely avoids dying to +Atk Tharja with +4 in all stats, so that could be something. Also helps her matchups with other red mages, not that you need it since Robin. But... hmm... TA + QR Robin is more or less in the same boat... Well... gives a few options for dealing with her in any case, even if it's only checks instead of proper counters... But then, Blade tomes are difficult to counter outright anyway. 

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I lied and couldn't quite fall asleep before the hour turned over, so I took a screenshot of my rank.

Score of 4562

• Ground Zero (4AM PST Apr 8) - #3139
  • 6 Hours Later - #3283

Still a bit of time left to go, but I think I have a reasonable chance of staying in the top 5k, even if my score doesn't improve any further. No defense so far, though, which is kinda blah. With three greens as strong bonus characters, I guess that shouldn't be especially surprising.

Edited by Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi
Fixed score.

3 hours ago, BANRYU said:

@Ice Dragon Sophia can mop up Tharja with Red Tomebreaker and barely avoids dying to +Atk Tharja with +4 in all stats, so that could be something. Also helps her matchups with other red mages, not that you need it since Robin. But... hmm... TA + QR Robin is more or less in the same boat... Well... gives a few options for dealing with her in any case, even if it's only checks instead of proper counters... But then, Blade tomes are difficult to counter outright anyway. 

Well, my Robin's 23 Res doesn't really cut it for tanking a properly boosted Tharja without running Triangle Adept. Ninian typically runs Triangle Adept anyways, so it makes the most sense to run her as my Tharja counter since she has the tools to do so.

16 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Well, my Robin's 23 Res doesn't really cut it for tanking a properly boosted Tharja without running Triangle Adept. Ninian typically runs Triangle Adept anyways, so it makes the most sense to run her as my Tharja counter since she has the tools to do so.

Oh poop yeah I forgot your Robin has DC and not TA3, my bad. Yeah aight then

I still haven't gotten 7 deathless this week with my longest deathless streak being 4/5. If I can't get one in a day or two I'll intentionally lower my BST a bit to make the battles easier. Currently using a team of adult tiki, nowi, ninian, and egg chrom. Egg chrom is my only 5 star bonus so he isn't changing, but I may swap ninian out for nino to be better at dealing with blues and actually have one 2 range attack character. Currently linde along with falchion users tend to be the most likely to cause a death.

On the bright side adult tiki, nowi, ninian, and nino make a great defense team as they've gotten me 10 victories. All of them except ninian have also gone through a good deal of skill inheritance, although nowi is still waiting for me to pull a second unit with triangle adept (the first one got devoured by tiki).

Edited by Mehdi2277

With my score of 4,402 I'm currently at rank 21,704, hope I can earn the 1,500 feathers this week or improve my score today.

14 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

I don't have any other units with Emerald Axe and Lancebreaker that isn't a flier that dies to Takumi instantly.

At least until now. My Michalis finally had Iote's Shield and is on the way to level 40 (currently 28).

Ah

Nice.

50 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Score of 4513

• Ground Zero (4AM PST Apr 8) - #3139
  • 6 Hours Later - #3283
  • 16 Hours Later - #3363

How can your score of 4,513 be placed higher (rank 3,363) than mine of 4,532 (rank 5,844)?
Something must be off, you must have increased your score or just made a typo.

20 hours ago, eclipse said:

Thanks~!

My eventual goal is to make Raven a hybrid of Alphonse/Anna, via Life and Death and Desperation.  He'll keep Sol/Threaten Defense, so that he can continuously heal himself.

It's probably not the most solid arena plan, but it looks like fun.  Parting with a 5* Hana/Minerva and Beruka/Hawkeye and Shanna (no I'm not sacrificing Navarre), not so much.

Sounds like a good plan. :)

A 4* Shanna is enough for Desperation 3 anyway. So that'd be 40'000 feathers instead of 60k.

3 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

How can your score of 4,513 be placed higher (rank 3,363) than mine of 4,532 (rank 5,844)?
Something must be off, you must have increased your score or just made a typo.

Oops, yeah, I was copying from my old chart and forgot to update the score. It should be 4562. I've fixed it on all applicable charts now. Good catch.

I've been terrible at updating due to vacation that I just got back from...but 4670 has decayed from rank 73 on day 1 to 425 on day 6. Kinda makes me want to run the same team next week, but...*shudder*...I don't know.

1 hour ago, cogawak said:

Anyone know what the cutoff for top 100 is? Dunno if I can use my dueling crests to fudge with the numbers to squeeze in there

4700 probably, give or take.

1 hour ago, pianime94 said:

4700 probably, give or take.

The give or take is pretty important. I can hit 4700 but not much higher than that. Anyone here in top 100 right now?

I got a 4638 point run without max levels so with a little pushing I think I can draw all 670+ people. Whether that's worth the crests is another thing haha

Edited by cogawak

The map with the two walls on each side is so frustrating. And impossible with a horse-unit (and Reinhardt was for WORST choice possible for me) and a dancer as foes. Add a Spring Camilla and see your loss coming. I barely lost. Grrr...

I've yet to get a single defense victory, for the first time ever during a season. That's pretty worrying.

Standing at 4,323 offense points, which is currently rank 34,644

5 minutes ago, Ledrert said:

The map with the two walls on each side is so frustrating. And impossible with a horse-unit (and Reinhardt was for WORST choice possible for me) and a dancer as foes. Add a Spring Camilla and see your loss coming. I barely lost. Grrr...

I just hate Reinhardt/Olwen with a dancer in general. I don't think I've ever won against that combination. The wall map is a pain, indeed.

11 minutes ago, Sylphid said:

I've yet to get a single defense victory, for the first time ever during a season. That's pretty worrying.

I just hate Reinhardt/Olwen with a dancer in general. I don't think I've ever won against that combination. The wall map is a pain, indeed.

I can counter them with Lissa... Oh, Reinhardt is sure. I wonder about Olwen. I have never seen her yet in Arena.

And same here, no defense victory for the moment. That's strange... Or unlucky.

Edit : in five last battle, I have six Camillas in the opposed team. One is a Spring one. And one was 40+4. But so much Camilla actually XD

Edited by Ledrert

1 hour ago, Sylphid said:

Reinhardt + Dancer is probably precisely the reason I've amassed 20-30 defense wins this season alone tbh (hard to get an accurate count when the game only shows the 10 most recent defense wins)

15 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Reinhardt + Dancer is probably precisely the reason I've amassed 20-30 defense wins this season alone tbh (hard to get an accurate count when the game only shows the 10 most recent defense wins)

I have 6 defense wins right now, including ones against Nowi, Nino, Linde and Azura leads. I think it's the dancer team comp that trips people up, especially when combined with a mage.

All you have to do is bait the mage or cavalry from long distance to line up with the dancer and they end up way ahead of the pack and it's easy to pick them off for free. Use the units with extra movement to your advantage as well as taking advantage of armor units to make their team composition fall apart because of the highly exploitable AI