Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

Argh, almost had a deathless streak but screwed up my positioning right at the end and lost a unit.  4650 isn't bad, I guess, but if naught for a slip-up it'd be in the 4700s somewhere.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My score of 4,778 fell out of 5k, rank 5,207 now.

58 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Still in 5k at 4,507, but with the season ending this might be cutting it close. Defense Score is still the same.

My defence score is still the same too.

Just now, MrSmokestack said:

You finally got a defense win? Mine's 288.

These 4-point differences in scores are starting to worry me...

Haha, nope. My defence score is the same as it's been… at 0.

Made Lilina leader instead of Ninan; maybe people feel intimidated by a dancer?

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Haha, nope. My defence score is the same as it's been… at 0.

Made Lilina leader instead of Ninan; maybe people feel intimidated by a dancer?

Most people skip over Dancer or Cavalry leads, so switching to Lilina is definitely better. 

Just got through probabbly my most difficult match ever in Arena. Everything started well until I got Hector into this position.

Both my and enemy's side have Fury 3 and neither of us can double each other, except poor Hector who will certainly get smashed. If both Nino and Marth can live through player's phase then I'm doomed too because whoever in range will get killed - and there are only 3 spots out of range. To top it up because my team is somewhat low in hp already, anyone who tries to engage in combat this round will be likely to get smashed next round due to Fury penalty.

Finally solved it by a combo of Ardent sacrifice, draw back and swap on Eirika to help her reach Nino and stand up to Marth. Luckily Bonfire activated otherwise she wouldn't have managed to kill Nino! She survived both rounds with 1 hp left.

Sounds simple when knowing the answer now, but that was a good 15 mins of scratching my head. God I love FE.

In conclusion Fury OP.q0nQ0OJ.jpgZwjHSxB.jpg

Yesyesyes!  *Finally* got my defense win.  I was worried that I wouldn't get one this week.  I'm so happy that I think I'll surrender all my swords for today and tomorrow in hopes of helping out some other poor soul without a win. ;):

My score of 4762 is currently at rank 8582.  Hmm, maybe the <10k reward will be within my reach for the first time ever!  Hehe.  

33 minutes ago, ErrantDShepherd said:

Ab4oond.png

Guess I need some more Fury to boost that up.

The only thing that'll really boost your score after the update is higher merge levels (and more skill inheritance if you haven't yet filled all your slots). 

I had this weird matchup recently. After the initial shock, it turned out to be relaxing. All I had to do was to line up my squad and hit "End Turn" three times. Hearing Palla spread all over herself in apologies was rather hilarious.

IMG_1855.JPG

IMG_1856.JPG

Edited by chirp

Score of 4780 (Nowi 5* +1, Nino 5*, Sharena 5*, Reinhardt 5*; all skill slots filled, no deaths):

• Apr 22 7PM PST - #4337
  • Apr 23 3PM PST - #4988

Yeaaaaah, definitely not getting top 5k with this. I'd be even worried about not making this if this was my rank at this time tomorrow. I did manage to snag a couple defenses, though, so I suppose that'll make up the difference. I've been doing a little testing and I do seem to get more average points (around 4 with the odd random chance to break into the 690s) running Sharena, Nino, Hector and Nowi over the team that got this score (which, in turn, had higher average match scores than Sharena, Nino, Cherche and Cordelia). It's a little more unwieldy and especially vulnerable to tome spam, though, which is why I'm not sure if I want to shoot for a deathless with it. Granted, Nino's easier to use than Linde from last week, given that green tomes have more favourable match-ups on average. Nowi is also a little less niche than Spring Chrom, so there is that. Decisions, decisions.

Team: 5* Jeorge, Takumi, Eirika, Sharena.

Score: 4766

No deaths, with what's probably my best team. This is probably as good a score as I can get. My personal best score, and it's going to be my highest rank finish.

At this point I question whether I'll even stay in the top 10k to finish... So even playing my best with my best units, and getting a perfect run, I can't even get into the top 5k, not even close. And this is where merged units and paid (or luck) advantage comes in... Not that it matters much, the difference is just 500 feathers a week.

That being said, how would it be possible to increase my score from here?

-Skill Inheritance; Eirika and Sharena don't have any inherited skills yet; so they're still a work in progress. I wonder if putting some more skills on them would increase the per battle score I get. From my past experiments, the skill inheritance effect on score is very minimal, if it even exists. I'll try it and see before this week is over.

-Archers; I use 2 archers but archers have a lower overall stat rating than other units. I don't know how much of an effect this has after the update as I always use 2 archers. Ideally I'd have a mage like Nino, Tharja, or Linde instead of one of the archers, but that's up to the gacha whether I get them.

-Luck; simply running into enemy teams with higher point values could increase my score on a deathless run, but that's just pure luck as to what my opponent scores values are.

I'll get more into the re-rolling discussion a bit later when I have more time.

1 hour ago, OKigen said:

Takumi is the new Klein '__'

This looks lovely. I would love to run him one day but unfortunately without a highly merged level he doesn't do much damage with that Brave Bow.6Ehd8BJ.jpg

Why Dagger Breaker? He kills Kagero easily enough. And if he doesn't, he gets OHKOed back. Which Dagger user are you fearfull of?

Got a score of 4,770 today, which feels pretty good. Mainly considering my 4th member was a lvl 39 4* Virion with no skill inheritance since he's the only bonus unit I had for this season who wasn't completely un-leveled or lower star rank. He was a complete dead weight that literally didn't make a single attack on anything, but it was better for my score than dragging 3* Celica or 2* Sharena, both in their 20's. I guess I should finally put some effort into Sharena/Anna/Alfonse since I'm kind of fucked for bonus units most of the time, and one of those is always a bonus unit.

The only time I've gotten to use a bonus unit that hasn't been a useless slot on my team was when the Easter banner was active and I could use Spring Camilla, who I was going to build up regardless, so she was an amazing 4th slot. (And she's now part of the core team since she's so valuable)

Also finally got a defense win for the week. It always seems like it takes until the last day or day before last for me to finally get a defense. Not sure how somebody with Hector lost to me, but I'll take it.

16 hours ago, JJ48 said:

Oh, I've got plenty of other 5*s:  Ogma, Roy, M. Corrin, Cain x2, Spring Lucina x2, Hawkeye, Klein, and Maria.  I just have limited time each day to dedicate to leveling units, and lately that's been going to flyers so that I can do the quests.

Anyway, before I even changed anything, the game started giving me more realistic match-ups consistently, and I managed a 7-win streak.  After the way the Arena's been acting up for me all week, I'll take a score of 1,342!  ^_^

Thanks for all the advice, which will be useful in someday aiming for doing Advanced Arena duels rather than Beginner and Intermediate!

Can you work in a bonus unit, somehow?  You'll quite literally double your score.

11 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Most people skip over Dancer or Cavalry leads, so switching to Lilina is definitely better. 

So if you saw a Jakob in the lead, would you take it? :P:

3 hours ago, Clogon said:

Why Dagger Breaker? He kills Kagero easily enough. And if he doesn't, he gets OHKOed back. Which Dagger user are you fearfull of?

It's not my build, this is something I saw in the arena.

I guess the owner of this build encounters Kagero +10 a lot ? :mellow: Anyway, it is a rather interesting team. Their Linde has Escape Route 2. 

This is going better than expected. 4,794 is still solidly in the top 5k at 3,337, and I even managed to finally get a 289 Defense result.

Finally got a deadless run done. Skipping all teams with a rank above 10 kinda feels like cheating, but after trying this for the last 5 days I really don't care about the means anymore.

score: 4744

Current rank: 13,835

team: M!Corrin, Nino, Shareena and Takumi, all vanilla lvl 40 5-stars, apart from M!Corrin, who I gave Reposition.