Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

On 4/21/2017 at 4:08 PM, Big Smoke said:

(Super late on this but don't care)

I redeem duel swords a lot, but only because I have a boatload and can never seem to get rid of them. I swear I consistently have ~50

no worry. I still do it on a regular basis anyway. Trying to crack at least 10-30K  a week is enough.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 4,650 score was getting seriously close to dropping out of the top 30k (was at rank 29,891), so used some crests.  Managed to get a deathless run this time and got a score of 4,726.  Will definitely be in top 30k with that, and maybe if I'm lucky top 10k.  We'll see when the ranks update.

Spoiler

Navarre's worthless ass had been surprisingly hard to carry. The run would've been so much smoother if I didn't have to literally 3 man every single fight. (If only Klein had been a bonus unit.)

Edited by DehNutCase

Concluded another last-minute run.

Score of 4780 (Nowi 5* +1, Nino 5*, Sharena 5*, Reinhardt 5*; all skill slots filled, no deaths; 682-684 per match):

• Apr 22 7PM PST - #4337
  • Apr 23 3PM PST - #4988
  • Apr 24 1PM PST - #5639

Score of 4814 (Hector 5*, Nowi 5* +1, Sharena 5*, Nino 5*; all skill slots filled, no deaths; 868+ per match):

• Apr 24 2PM PST - #1910

Getting more of a feel for this team. It's a little less mobile than I'd like, but I put Fortify Def 3 on Nowi to keep giving Nino a Def boost in case she needs to deal with +Atk Hector while opening her assist up for Reposition. Worked wonders and I can generally get around so long as I'm careful (corners are awful for this set of assists). Hector ruins most greys and some non-red mages (Fury and merges sometimes place them just out of one-shot range for him). Nino's Nino, though I'm seeing a rather lot of Green Tomebreaker (had a scary encounter with a Nino 4* +10 who had inherited Gronnblade+ and Green Tomebreaker 3; luckily, my Nino could achieve 64 Atk after buffs when 63 was enough to one-shot the other Nino). Hector and Nino kinda have it all covered, but there's definitely gaps where if merges get too high, I run into serious issues. TA3 Nowi makes Tharja a joke (one-shots her without any Atk buffs), covering one of Nino's biggest weaknesses. All in all, I'm happier with this team than I initially was, though I'm really sad I can't use Reinhardt, as he seems to tank my score (Cherche and Cordelia seem to do the same thing, which is pretty blah, considering how excited I was about their mobility and killing power). It's a shame, since he gives me so much control of the AI. AI units with Reposition, in particular, freak out like crazy when they see Reinhardt's effective attack range (they just fling each other everywhere until they're in pairs on opposite sides of the map). My initial run had more than a couple Flier Emblem teams completely separate because of him, so if anyone if having trouble with that, see if you can fit a tome cav onto your team.

On the defense front, it took a few days after building the team, but I've been picking up a win here and there ever since late Sat night. The team I ended up deploying was my Sharena, Nino, Linde with WoM2 and newcomer Reinhardt with WoM3 (I'm evil, I know).

3 hours ago, salinea said:

I just can't seem to get a deathless run :/ pretty depressed and fed up with it.

tumblr_ooxmvlttPs1r28yhno1_1280.png

Finally managed one. Only took about 7 Dueling Crest, but 4782 points seem like a pretty decent result.

Flying teams are my new nemesis (they're just awful to deal with on the formerly divided map). Also Eirika did have some troubles against Hector with Bonfire and Vantage, too. I swear I think Michalis may have handled him better. Who needs red units?

eta: rank #5304. Couldn't get under the bar of 5000 after all this work -_-

Edited by salinea

On 4/23/2017 at 10:56 AM, MrSmokestack said:

Still in 5k at 4,507, but with the season ending this might be cutting it close. Defense Score is still the same.

Got kicked out of top 5k on the final day. Them's the breaks though, hopefully I can do better this week.

Ended with a rank of 5,323 for my score of 4,782. Seems I got another defense win that netted me 289 points, one point higher than my previous score of 288.

Score of 4814 (Hector 5*, Nowi 5* +1, Sharena 5*, Nino 5*; all skill slots filled, no deaths; 868+ per match):

• Apr 24 2PM PST - #1910
  • Final Rank - #1917

Guess there were 7 other late-comers who were later than I. Nice income, though I had to spend a bunch of SI promotions to deck out my (barely) merged Nowi. Totally worth is as a long-term investment, though, since she's my only 5-star merge and has been performing quite admirably (aside from nailing Tharja, watching her one-shot Falchions is too fun). Pay-off should even start during this season, since I'll be using the same team again.

Score: 4766

Defense: 285

7 wins deathless, no merges, 5* Eirika, Sharena, Jeorge, Takumi.

Looks like 4785 or so was the cutoff for top 5k. So even after adding some inherited skills I still probably wouldn't have gotten into the top 5k with a perfect run unless I was really lucky with facing very high score opponents.

Maybe I could score higher if I had a mage with a higher rating than one of the archers, but I have not a single good mage at 5* or worth promoting to 5*.

So I'm back into top 1000.

I don't even know how, lol. I'm using a double mage team with neutral Julia +2 and Lilina (+Atk) +1.

Lilina is a freaking monster, she takes care of 3/4 colours alone.

With the raven tome, she oneshots Hector, Takumi, and any other green/colorless threat.

With swordbreaker, she 1RKOs any red unit, even the bulkier ones like Eirika. Swordbreaker also serves her to tank a hit from any red unit as she has enough bulk to survive anything that has less than 55 atk.

She's so good!

A +Atk Sanaki can pull off the same feats, altough she sacrifices some bulk for speed (which is kinda pointless).

Edited by Alfred Kamon

My results for season 12:

Score: 4,678
Defense: 284

My primary offense team was as follows:

Ephraim Lv. 40 5* (+Res/-Def)
[none]/Seal Def 3/Hone Spd 3(Hp+3)
Siegmund
[none]
Moonbow

Nino Lv. 40 5* (+Spd/-Def)
Fury 3/Desperation 3/Hone Atk 3(Spd+1)
Gronnblade+
Draw Back
[none]

Olivia Lv. 40 4* (Neutral)
[none]/[none]/Fortify Res 2
Silver Sword
Dance
[none]

Navarre Lv. 40 4* (Neutral)
[none]/Desperation 2/Threaten Spd 3(Atk+1)
Killing Edge
Rally Defense
Blazing Wind

A simple team with a simple premise; buff Nino, and let her go to work.  Once she's in Desperation range after taking a hit from a lured-in ranged unit, very little can hope to survive a round of combat against her even with just Ephraim's buffs.  Olivia was given Fortify Res instead of her natural Hone Atk for the sole purpose providing Nino some more power.  If that's still not enough, then that's were Navarre's Rally Defense comes in.  Aside from perhaps taking a hit from an enemy green, that is all Navarre will do in most games. 

Unfortunately, a few potentially better runs were spoiled with me getting tripped up by enemy dancers.  It's probably just my imagination, but Ninian always seems to be far more inclined to dance her allies than the others in my experience -- perhaps the squishy 4* reds and Nino are too much of a temptation for Azura and Olivia respectively?  In any case, it probably would not have changed my score and rank too much.  The upper limit is probably around 4,700 with this team.  Next season I might try something with Sharena instead, but like with Navarre, she's only 4* with no SI so I'll keep my score expectations tempered.     

Edited by DLNarshen

I wonder whom will we get as bonus heroes next rotation. I'm already considering dropping Catria; Lilina is my nuke, Sharena is my swordbreaker and buffer, Michalis is my all-around tank as well as an efficient lance killer and can opener.

Welp, next banner can't come soon enough (not that I can actually pull somebody from it with my luck).

Edited by Vaximillian

32 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I wonder whom will we get as bonus heroes next rotation. I'm already considering dropping Catria; Lilina is my nuke, Sharena is my swordbreaker and buffer, Michalis is my all-around tank as well as an efficient lance killer and can opener.

Welp, next banner can't come soon enough (not that I can actually pull somebody from it with my luck).

Anyone will beat my 'I'll just sit there and watch, thanks' 4* Navarre as a bonus unit---the only thing he did out of my 7 arena battles was hit a Lucina once, for 10 damage. (Rein's almost guaranteed, fortunately, and he's good and 5*.)

Edit: Personally I'm probably gonna start stockpiling orbs so I can dump them all in one banner for merges. Gotta get those arena scores. (Might even swap to Olivia over Azura for that reason, since it's a lot easier to merge Olivia.)

Edited by DehNutCase

Final score: 4,746 (literally did this right before the arena closed)
Final rank: ~14K, give or take

Thanks to rank + defense win, that was 2,000 feathers, on top of the 2,500 I got from my raw score.  Hooray!

Looks like Tiki's gonna be on the offensive team, and Ryoma on the defensive one.  Still debating whether or not I should give Ephraim Hone Speed, for Tiki's sake.  He can switch to Threaten Defense when I'm not beating people up in the arena.

37 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Anyone will beat my 'I'll just sit there and watch, thanks' 4* Navarre as a bonus unit---the only thing he did out of my 7 arena battles was hit a Lucina once, for 10 damage. (Rein's almost guaranteed, fortunately, and he's good and 5*.)

I'm not that confident Reinhardt will be a bonus hero, actually. I will for sure have him promoted by the time the line-up changes (he's +Atk!) but am still looking forward to the announcement of the banner.

This week's highscore: 4,788

I still can't believe I just won that match. My 7th match was against a 690 score team of merged +3/4 Reinhardt, Ninian, Tharja and Julia. I thought I was going to lose a unit throughout the entire match, but I somehow pulled through, because the AI was behaving incredibly stupidly and not utilising Ninian's dance properly. I'm still shaking right now.

I made it into the top 10k with my score of 4762 last season, yay!  I was rank 9896 at the end, so it was close, hehe!  :):

Just blew through a bunch of dueling crests and got a deathless run for the new season.  Offense score of 4774.  Better than last time!  Maybe I'll make top 10k again.  I still think I prefer the old arena... It's harder now, heh.  I think I need to chill out a bit next season and just do the 3 swords a day cause I'm down to like 9 crests now.  The perfectionist in me hates getting a death now, so it's hard not to keep going.  

Something kinda funny happened tonight.  I ran into a team of armours and thought it would be an easy win.  They had some pretty good skills, though.  For example, the Effie had like, Distant Counter and Bonfire or something.  Yikes!  

Team: Alm, Olivia, Olwen, Takumi

Decided to burn a few Crests and finish my Score for this season early.

Score of 4784 with 5*Y.Tiki, 5*Eldigan, 5*Nino, 5*Sharena, Full SI, No Merges, Deathless Winstreak.

Current Rank of 369, though this will sink quite a bit. I expect this to be slightly above 5k in the end.

Spoiler

Screenshot_2017-04-25-13-05-23.thumb.png.f5cb3a9ecff3fb47735942e2388e483f.png

I'm really happy with this result, as it is about 10 Points higher as I can expect from this Team due to a random 690 showing up.
The 690 was my first Arena battle which put me into serious trouble, fighting a Team of Ninian+5, Nino+4, Eirika+7 and Reinhardt+4, all with WoM3 is definitely no Joke. Luckily the AI decided to be dumb and let me take them out one by one. Also G.Tomebreaker on Eldigan proofed to be a MVP by allowing me to safely lure in that stupid Nino, and destroy her on PP.

So since I'm done with the Arena for this season, I guess I'm going to use my daily swords to give some lucky people defensive Wins. :P