Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

6 minutes ago, a bear said:

Kinda wish Defense feathers went to 1000 with a 501+ score, ah well.

I think the Oasis map is my new favorite, it's really easy to clog the AI along a side and let them suicide against your favorite wall. Defense tiles are amazing.

I had a pretty funny battle with an armor team there. I managed to get Xander out in front to take out Sheena before she could get on a defense tile, but after that, I had to fall back a bit and they all managed to get on defense tiles and could just keep circling around while staying on them. I was able to use the defense tiles too, but it took a while to set up good fights where I could actually hurt them. Still, that 1 Move meant I had all the time I needed, so it worked out fine.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Horse Emblem continues to be fairly easy to use. I did have my first, then second deaths due to not fully paying attention and missing that a defense tile turned a usual one-shot into alive-with-5hp. Needed to burn two swords because of that.

Clarine has actually been really useful for keeping Eldigan topped off when he tanked a variety of armors. Funniest moment this week was when Cecilia tanked a Hector while sitting on a defense tile. 

Edited by Eridras

8 minutes ago, Eridras said:

Horse Emblem continues to be fairly easy to use. I did have my first, then second deaths due to not fully paying attention and missing that a defense tile turned a usual one-shot into alive-with-5hp. Needed to burn two swords because of that.

Clarine has actually been really useful for keeping Eldigan topped off when he tanked a variety of armors. Funniest moment this week was when Cecilia tanked a Hector while sitting on a defense tile. 

IMG_8132.PNG

Plis wich is your team in defense 560 wow! i need advices for defense got one in 3 weeks.

Edited by ignis_z

I'm in love with the new tiering system. Score of 4229 (a new personal best!!) has me in 18,929 in Tier 16 if I'm reading the rankings correctly. Even if I fall down I doubt it will go to the rank down tier and no matter what I'm still getting 3 orbs and ~1500 extra feathers

Rank update for a score of 5006 (Tier 15):

• 1am PDT 5/9: 21
  • 4:50 pm PDT 5/10: 177

Best Defense score is still 578.

How often are ranks updating now? I've read some talk of it not being hourly?

Edited by LordFrigid

3 hours ago, Alexmender said:

I'm really happy I was able to get a new personal score of 4828, at best I was around the 4600 during the last few seasons of arena.

Also I noticed I got a lot of defense wins using DC on 3 units and having reposition, pivot and smite on my units, it seems terrain really benefits this type of teams.

Screenshot_2017-05-10-15-10-19.png

DC?

1 hour ago, ignis_z said:

Plis wich is your team in defense 560 wow! i need advices for defense got one in 3 weeks.

The first member of my defense team is just bait. It's the danced, Hone Cavalry-ed, Death Blow 2-ed Reinhardt who's probably securing my rage-surrenders. 

One defense so far this week, I used to get 3-6 defenses a week before the 1.3 arena change. 

IMG_8134.PNG

24 minutes ago, ignis_z said:

DC?

Distant Counter, my team consist of Ike, Hector, Nowi and Lukas. With lots of positioning skills and DC it seems easy to catch someone off-guard in the defense tiles.

Has anything been said about you getting all the rewards for each rank if you end up skipping ranks?  As in, if I jump from rank 10 to rank 12, do I get the rank 11 and 12 rewards?  I assume not, but it'd be nice. 

10 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Is it just me or did more people get added to tier 15 since yesterday? I was sure that to advance to tier 17 I needed to rank 4k~ but today its 6k~. 

As players fight in the arena, the numbers will go up. Unless you actually participate in the arena, you and your team will not affect the numbers. So if you are inactive or banned, you don't count for arena population.

53 minutes ago, Eridras said:

Has anything been said about you getting all the rewards for each rank if you end up skipping ranks?  As in, if I jump from rank 10 to rank 12, do I get the rank 11 and 12 rewards?  I assume not, but it'd be nice. 

My understanding is that you don't get the rewards for "skipped" tiers, just the tier you end up on for a given week, but you do get that tier's reward again on future weeks if you end up in that tier again. So it's like the previous ranking system where you get rewards each week depending on how well you place, just with a different way of determining placement,

Blah, I hate being on call. Got a call in the middle of Arena and that messed up a streak when I finally got back to it. RIP two extra crests to restart and finish the deathless. :/

Tier 15 score of 4812:

• 7PM PT - #1827

Looks relatively solid in terms of placement. Of course, with the way the new system is, I have no idea what to expect the drop rate to be like. With four days left, it does make me a little nervous. Guess we'll see. Finally got a defense for the first time in three weeks. I ended up putting my my offense team with tweaked skills and swapping Soren's liable ass for Reinhardt, which got me a 288. I've since tried swapping Soren in again to see if the team can win while having to carry him for the extra 400 feathers, but so far no dice. Honestly, I don't have high hopes.

Getting kinda excited for next week, as I'm working on putting resources toward Xander, given that I'm now convinced that the game never wants me to have Ike (or Ryoma, I guess) and Reinhardt needs a Distant Counter melee buddy to watch his back and throw some Hone Cavalry his way on defense (and possibly offense for the two weeks where Xander's a bonus). He should be waaaaaaay more helpful than Soren, particularly since he can shut down other green mages, allowing Nino to concentrate on killing other stuff (to be fair to Soren, even as a -Spd, he can still bait and kill the typical Rein and his chip is sometimes useful against the Effies who are hanging out on defense tiles).

I messed up on my 7th battle and got Anna killed...

So one death with a score of 4692 is ranked 8421 at tier 15. Not good enough to bump me up to tier 17 next week. I'm going to hope I can get a deathless streak this week. The defense tiles make arena runs a bit harder then usual. 

Seems a little weird, but since people are leaning more and more on some very strong green units, maybe their one blue just gets overrun. I know with my current team, it'd just be time for Nowi to go on a solo rampage through that defense, but when I used to run just Sharena, she'd likely be on her back foot trying to take on that many swordies at once (since they'd likely swarm and all attack together due to all chasing the same target).

3 hours ago, Korath88 said:

Alright, why is this working?

Apparently 3 swords and a dancer makes an excellent defence team? Red stacking new meta?

IMG_3653.PNG

Funny that they have Ikes too lol. You'd think Swordbreaker would just let them eat your team up, unless they don't actually bring him as their bonus unit.

7 hours ago, Eridras said:

The first member of my defense team is just bait. It's the danced, Hone Cavalry-ed, Death Blow 2-ed Reinhardt who's probably securing my rage-surrenders. 

One defense so far this week, I used to get 3-6 defenses a week before the 1.3 arena change. 

IMG_8134.PNG

Aha u use pivot, or similar habilities?

Inched up to the 690 score mark again, and I'm getting ripped apart. Playing a 3v4 (Anna is fucking useless) against merged enemies is really annoying, especially with the new map that's just a straight line with destructible walls on the sides. If they have a Dancer + Mage, I'm basically done.

4606 is still my PB. I'll have to be content for now (currently at rank 13,015 out of a pool of around 30k players in Tier 15). However, if I can somehow remain deathless for my next four battles, I'll rack up a score of at least 4627. So stressful... ><

Finished at 4,766 points with a team of Sharena / Reinhardt / Lilina / Soren+1. Rank 4,983 in tier 15 atm, with a two tier rise if nothing changes.
678~688 point range though.

5/11/2017 - offense 4,734; rank in tier 7,515 (1:12AM PST)

Team:
(all Level 40)
5* +Res/-HP Ryoma (173; +Vantage 3)
5* +Atk/-Spd Ninian (164; +Wings of Mercy 2, Speed+1 Seal)
5* +Atk/-Spd Reinhardt (149; +Moonbow, Wings of Mercy 3)
4* +Atk/-Spd Barst (146)
Total BST: 632

It's been a while since I've posted.

So bumping my 4* Reinhardt who happened to get that sweet nature of +Atk/-Spd to 5* and giving him Moonbow and Wings of Mercy 3 has proven to be very disgusting. He blips swords and Takumi's out of existence before they can retaliate. With Moonbow, sometimes he can take down even units with higher Resistance. I'm seeing more mages with the lower BST. I hope to get Ninian Hone Attack 3 at some point.

No defense wins yet. I'll wait a few days before I switch Barst for someone else. I'd at least try to get a defense win even if it's not max points.