Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

55 minutes ago, salinea said:

The trouble with climbing two ranks with a nice score last week is that now just holding is much more difficult.

My first deathless run at rank 17 with a (kinda average all things considered) score of 4776 lands me at rank 5815, in the squishy middle for now, with serious risk of dropping.

I can try to grind SP on Roy a lot to hope getting a better score average, bleh.

It should get easier over time, as more lower-scoring players catch up to the top ranks.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Othin said:

It should get easier over time, as more lower-scoring players catch up to the top ranks.

Well now I just feel like a scrub

If what Salinea says stays true, then next week is going to be a little more challenging for me. I'm also using mage team too so I won't exactly be able to take advantage of the defense tiles too much. We'll see how much Gronnblade Nino is able to carry. Also, cavalry team is becoming more and more if a thing XD

Here's a question for you all. How do you guys deal with the scary red known as Ryoma (besides using Reinhardt)? Typically I see a +SPD -Res nature with fury, vantage, and moonbow. I normally throw my own Ryoma at him or have Ephraim with moonbow to oneshot but what do you guys use?

@Kiran, I typically pick my poison with either my Ephraim or Effie. Ryoma isn't much of an issue for my team because of them, even without breakers. Xander also makes quick work of him with Quick Riposte / Bonfire, but he has other threats to attend to.

9 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Here's a question for you all. How do you guys deal with the scary red known as Ryoma (besides using Reinhardt)? Typically I see a +SPD -Res nature with fury, vantage, and moonbow. I normally throw my own Ryoma at him or have Ephraim with moonbow to oneshot but what do you guys use?

I usually bump Azura's Spd to high heaven (Hone from Eirika & Spur from Hector) and park her in front of him. I could  just give her QR, I guess...but I kinda like having Wings. If Eirika doesn't have to do anything else that turn, I'll have her use Rally Def as well (ends up taking 6 dmg. Edit: Actually I gave Hector the Spur Def 1 seal, so it's 4...not that it really matters).

Edited by LordFrigid

13 minutes ago, Kiran said:

I have Sharena handle all redswords. She can usually endure whatever he throws at her, even if it takes her a couple of rounds. She'd be more efficient with Swordbreaker/QR and a more solid Special (I gave her Glimmer because I still lacked good ones as fodder but she does well enough with it) but it's usually more a question of gaining time;

38 minutes ago, Othin said:

Hopefully!

Edited by salinea

31 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Well now I just feel like a scrub

Because you are.

20 minutes ago, Kiran said:

How do you guys deal with the scary red known as Ryoma (besides using Reinhardt)?

Before (and after) I got Reinhardt, I just let him skewer himself on Swordbreaker Sharena’s Fensalir. Lobster kabobs are delicious, she and Lilina told me.

Edited by Vaximillian

2 hours ago, Kiran said:

I run either Linde or Reinhardt so red is never an issue.

On another topic, with the arrival of Genny and her mighty wrathful staff, I start to like the idea of having a healer babysitting my Hector. Imagine qr2 + ignis activating all the time! The tier list says Genny is crap but that 48 atk (and will be 55 with passive and buff) can't be a joke isn't it.

Edited by Okigen

12 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

This is going to be my third week without a defence win.

Ah the salt is real. I remember those days when I didn't get any too.....

BUT I GOT THREE THIS TIME! >:P

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Because you are.

You get a defense win yet?

3 hours ago, Kiran said:

I usually have Linde or Lukas handle him. Linde typically one shots him, especially since I gave her blarblade and Lukas takes 0 damage twice before killing him with QR and Ignis

3 hours ago, Kiran said:

I use Flier Emblem and my Catria has QR3 so Lobster man charges into death while dealing probably 8 damage or so. QR is great!

4 hours ago, Kiran said:

Well its not Reinhardt but i have this flawless strats known as throw Ursula at it

Without Ursula i had used Zephiel against Ryo too, and back in the oldie days i used Dragon Fang charged Julia with some coordination with Roy

4 hours ago, Kiran said:

My TA3 Nowi just explodes him while taking single-digit damage. With Nino's Hone Atk 3, it takes a Ryoma with 75 bulk to survive. I've yet to see one who meets that benchmark.

Speaking of Nino... I ran into a quad Hector defense team. Nino was all, "I got this, guys." The only action anyone else took during the match was Eirika providing Rally Def against the first Hector. Hell, since it was the lava map, Nino hardly even moved. She just sat on the other side of that middle pit and killed a Hector every turn.

Total defense count for me has gone berserk this week. I'm up to 14 with my Nowi/Nino/Rein/Xander team. Wish I could go back and deposit some of these wins into those empty April weeks.

4 hours ago, Kiran said:

My Triangle Adept 3 Ninian normally handles him pretty well, though she's a bit of a shaky check without a +SPD boon and Swordbreaker 3.

Otherwise Ryoma tends to give me quite a bit of trouble during my arena runs, especially since 90% of them tend to have Vantage. >.<

Tried to start another run and I just faced the worst team ever in the arena. Ryoma, Celica, Tharja, Sophia. There's just nothing i can do against three red mages + Ryoma. Urgh, at least it was the first fight of the series.

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

I am above such nonsense.

Whatever you need to comfort yourself Vax ;)

2 minutes ago, salinea said:

Tried to start another run and I just faced the worst team ever in the arena. Ryoma, Celica, Tharja, Sophia. There's just nothing i can do against three red mages + Ryoma. Urgh, at least it was the first fight of the series.

You thought that was the worst?

I saw 2 Reinhardts, both with +Atk accompanied by Fury Xander and distant counter, green Tomebreaker, Titania. ALL OF THEM had Hone Cavalry.

On lava map XD

Last time I saw a full red team, I just said "Male Robin" and won :P Not that I'm saying fighting Celica AND Tharja on the same team WITH a Ryoma isn't hard, because it actually is lol #ColorStackingHelpsRuinYourStreak

Luckily for you, it was at the beginning!

Just now, Arcanite said:

You thought that was the worst?

I saw 2 Reinhardts, both with +Atk accompanied by Fury Xander and distant counter, green Tomebreaker, Titania. ALL OF THEM had Hone Cavalry.

On lava map XD

Last time I saw a full red team, I just said "Male Robin" and won :P Not that I'm saying fighting Celica AND Tharja on the same team WITH a Ryoma isn't hard, because it actually is lol #ColorStackingHelpsRuinYourStreak

Luckily for you, it was at the beginning!

It was on lava map too... although generally speaking i don't hate lava map as much as I hate bridge map. YMMV.

Hmmm 2 Reinhards I could probably deal with my Nino. Although I don't remember facing off against many proper cavalry team yet, so maybe i'd have more troubles.

37 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Can we just have these old Arena maps NEVER come back, except for a few like the desert one?

What's so bad about them? Removing maps from the rotation just takes away variety. The one exception would **maybe** be the bridge map, but still.

5/17/2017 - offense 4,754; rank (tier 16) 3,498 (1:11AM PST) [deathless]
5/20/2017 - offense 4,762; rank (tier 16) 8,204 (3:42PM PST) [deathless]

Team:
(all Level 40 and 5*)
+Res/-HP Ryoma (173)
+Atk/-Spd Ninian (164)
+Atk/-Spd Reinhardt (149)
+Atk/-Spd Roy (173)
Total BST: 659

Run #1 scores: 678, 686, 678, 680, 678, 678, 676
Run #2 scores: 680, 680, 680, 680, 682, 680, 680

Many surrenders as second run was for points.

Spoiler

Ryoma - Raijinto, Swap, Night Sky, Defiant Attack 3, Vantage 3, Hone Spd 3
Ninian - Light Breath+, Dance, Wings of Mercy 2, Fortify Def 2, Speed +1 (seal)
Reinhardt - Dire Thunder, Reposition, Moonbow, Wings of Mercy 3, Spur Atk 2
Roy - Binding Blade, Shove, Triangle Adept 3, Seal Def 3

New change of Ryoma having Swap so I can clear my inventory. I have Fury 2 for Reinhardt now since I haven't been able to get Klein and had a spare Bartre. The second run doesn't have Fury 2 Reinhardt so it's not mentioned in the spoilers.

After making a 4* Subaki my leader and replacing Roy, it took a couple days for me to get a defense win. It's enough points so I'll take whatever. I might want some advice later for future seasons.

7 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

What's so bad about them? Removing maps from the rotation just takes away variety. The one exception would **maybe** be the bridge map, but still.

So they can make new ones.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

So they can make new ones.

But there's nothing that suggests that they need to retire maps to add new ones. And we have a new rotation that hasn't even been played on yet to look forward to.