Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

3 hours ago, ignis_z said:

Dude could u write ur team? with skills etc for defence? Thanks.

Based on your previous posts, you're not running a season bonus hero in your defense team. Having 1 bonus hero in the team doubles your score should you get an arena win (applies to both arena offense and defense). For my case, I ran Xander for both offense and defense. You can see the current bonus heroes on the Arena interface. Bonus heroes change periodically so be prepared to change your team lineup (and strategy) accordingly.

Managed to get a clutch deathless 7-winstreak; got an improved score of 4782 - I'm all set to move on to tier 18! Chances are that I'll fall out of tier 18 but hey - 4 orbs and 1800 feathers for tier-based rewards!

Edited by Roflolxp54

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@MrSmokestack Unfortunately I ended up with a one death run again, the good news is that my score is now 4,713 from 4,701 and it placed me at 17,115. I've replaced Cherche with Titania and replaced Kagero's LND with Fury 3, definitely made fighting mages easier, really tense with only 15 hours left.

Managed a 2-death run, finishing at 4,633 for rank 13,443 for the moment. Projected to tier up even though I will plummet as soon as I enter.

Still two defence wins at 287 points each.

Edit: new bonus heroes announced!

These include the four brides (Caeda, Lyn, Cordelia, Charlotte), Lloyd, Henry, Corrin-F, Donnel, Olivia, and Sharena.

DA-5c-0UIAEzV6R.jpg

Edited by Vaximillian

On 5/27/2017 at 2:55 AM, Ice Dragon said:

Ugh, screwed up on the mountain pass map and lost Julia to Ryoma due to mussing up my prediction with the usual dancer and Draw Back shenanigans.

That said, I still managed a score of 4,971, which is comfortably in the range to go up to Tier 19:

Tier 18
Score: 4,971 (1 death, 716-724 per run)
Defense: 586 (10+)

Current offense team:

+5 Celica [+Atk, -Def] (Ragnarok, Reciprocal Aid, Draconic Aura, Life and Death 3, Renewal 3, Spur Def 3)
+10 Ninian [+Spd, -Res] (Lightning Breath+, Dance, (none), Triangle Adept 3, Escape Route 3, Fortify Dragons, S HP +3)
+10 Nowi [+Atk, -Res] (Lightning Breath+, Rally Def, New Moon, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Fortify Dragon, S Atk +1)
+9 Julia [=] (vanilla)

Current defense team:

+9 Julia [=] (vanilla)
+0 Cherche [+Atk, -Res] (Brave Axe+, Reposition, (none), Death Blow 3, (none), Hone Fliers)
+5 Camilla (Spring) [+Spd, -Res] (Gronnblade+, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Fury 3, G Tomebreaker 3, Hone Fliers)
+8 Minerva [+Spd, -Res] (Hauteclere, Reposition, Bonfire, Fury 3, Drag Back, Hone Fliers, S Fortify Res 1)

I replaced Julia with my previous +0 Celica [+Spd, -Res] (Ragnarok, (none), Rising Light, Distant Def 2, Renewal 3, (none)) for the 586 defense win, then switched back to Julia.

Spent the rest of my free dueling swords and managed a deathless run.

Tier 18
Score: 5,038 (deathless, 714-724 per run)
Defense: 586 (10+)

Same teams.

I ran into this bizarre team with +10 Fir [+Atk, -Res] (Wo Dao+, Draw Back, Moonbow, Fury 3, Swordbreaker 3, Hone Atk 3, S HP +3), +10 Spring Lucina (with Blue Egg+), +2 Roy, and +10 Hector. I'd commend this player for playing favorites if everything besides the Fir weren't so horrendously bad.

Also, it seems like Wo Dao adds its +10 damage after negative damage is readjusted to zero? Fir dealt 10 damage to Nowi (who was on a fortification and had Fortify Dragons active) with Moonbow despite the fact that it shouldn't have dealt damage at all:

Spoiler

Nowi has 34 Def. Fortify Dragons increases it to 40. The fortification bonus increases it to 52.

Fir has 49 Atk. Weapon triangle disadvantage with Nowi's Triangle Adept 3 decreases it to 30. Moonbow off of Nowi's 40 Def increases it to 42. Wo Dao+'s effect increases it to 52.

Which should have done zero damage, but did 10 instead.

53 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Managed a 2-death run, finishing at 4,633 for rank 13,443 for the moment. Projected to tier up even though I will plummet as soon as I enter.

Edit: new bonus heroes anounced!

These include the four brides (Caeda, Lyn, Cordelia, Charlotte), Lloyd, Henry, Corrin-F, Donnel, Olivia, and Sharena.

DA-5c-0UIAEzV6R.jpg

Hmmm Olivia for EZ MODO

or Donnel for DEM ARENA SKORZ.....

On one hand, you are BASICALLY able to run at full power this week because Olivia. On the other hand..... holy shit the thought of facing Olivia Defense Team scares me

Edited by JSND

51 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

DA-5c-0UIAEzV6R.jpg

Olivia is interesting. So I will expect next week every defense team has a dancer then.

@Ice Dragon Does promotion level increase on stats by +3 all that is relevant for Arena Scoring? As in, a 4* with exact same SP cost on weapon and skills would score the same as 5* provided they have the same BST total?

2 minutes ago, JSND said:

@Ice Dragon Does promotion level increase on stats by +3 all that is relevant for Arena Scoring? As in, a 4* with exact same SP cost on weapon and skills would score the same as 5* provided they have the same BST total?

I honestly have no idea how base stats affect arena score.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Base stat total total?

Like automatic teller machine machines or personal identification number numbers? I don't see a problem.

Interesting choices for next Arena season... Olivia's the only one of those I have trained up. At 3 stars, Sharena was a good buffer a few weeks ago, but she really dragged down my score. I've got a pretty nice 3 star Donnel too, but I doubt he'll add much to my team. I'll probably just go with Olivia. Right now she's level 35+3... I've got two more 3 star Olivias that I may just go ahead and promote to 4 stars and merge into her. She might not be 5 stars, but the merges should help at least a little bit.

Now to give her a lovely A Skill and special... 

@Vaximillian Just pretend BST is Base STats LULKEK

@Ice Dragon Fair enough

Also its important to note that with the way this game overall schedule structure goes, 3 week of Arena Season should somewhat ensures you have a 1 5* per season

Assuming you manage to get Defense Wins:

Season W/1: 2500 + 1500 Tier + 900 Def = 4900 x 3 = 14.700

The current season starts at W1, usually Voting Gauntlet is at W2-W3. Its entirely possible to gain around 5000. I don't know the maximum possible feather you can optimize in Voting Gauntlet but when i come up with this idea, you should have around 1 5* and 2 4* ready to roll. This is a very welcome change IMO and i'm extremely salty they did not do it for this season because i already promoted Xander.

I'm out!

Edited by JSND

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

DA-5c-0UIAEzV6R.jpg

Now that I've had a chance to study this list, the complete lack of ranged magic users outside of Caeda saddens me. What is this "Henry" you speak of?

It looks like I might have to sub Olivia in for Ninian for the coming two seasons or alternatively trade out Nowi for Caeda or Corrin, depending on Caeda's stats.

@Fei Mao, Nice improvement. Hopefully your score doesn't bottom out in the next few hours.

I like this new rotation! So many options to work with, including my kitted Sharena as well as potentially being able to retool my own Olivia and even Lloyd. I do a great number of 5* red swords at this point unfortunately, so I think I'll stick with Sharena this season unless Cordelia comes in from the focus. There's even Corrin (F) and Donnel who I wouldn't mind building if I had good natures for either.

My Rank is now 1,955 in T17, due for promotion to T18. No new defense wins.

Managed an in extremis deathless run for 4796 points!

This comfortably puts me in the upper 50% (top 17%, in fact) for promotion to tier 18, a stark upgrade from my previous 4719 (1 death), which was in the verge of demotion. Had to spend 5-6 crests but was worth it.

Now for the next arena season... Either promote Olivia to 5* or promote Sharena to 5*. Sharena can sub Ephraim, but will require lots of SI that I currently can't do (Fury, for example), and won't buff Tharja as well. On the other hand, Olivia substituting Xander will slightly lower my score, but will make playing probably much easier. The SI she has now isn't the best at all, but a dancer doesn't need much to get the job done, anyway.

Edited by Taim Meich

23 minutes ago, Taim Meich said:

Managed an in extremis deathless run for 4796 points!

This comfortably puts me in the upper 50% (top 17%, in fact) for promotion to tier 18, a stark upgrade from my previous 4719 (1 death), which was in the verge of demotion. Had to spend 5-6 crests but was worth it.

Now for the next arena season... Either promote Olivia to 5* or promote Sharena to 5*. Sharena can sub Ephraim, but will require lots of SI that I currently can't do (Fury, for example), and won't buff Tharja as well. On the other hand, Olivia substituting Xander will slightly lower my score, but will make playing probably much easier. The SI she has now isn't the best at all, but a dancer doesn't need much to get the job done, anyway.

Sharena as a long term goal is a good idea. Olivia can do her job out of the box.

Just now, phineas81707 said:

Sharena as a long term goal is a good idea. Olivia can do her job out of the box.

Yeah, that's the other reason I forgot to mention, and an important one, indeed. However, my team core (Buffrahim + Tharja) would be compromised. I plan to 5* Shareena soon-ish, but I already have three very good 5* lances, and Sharena's role overlaps with Ephraim's too much right now.

Wondering about this new banner coming up tomorrow. It is supposed to end on the 14th of June. Thats Wednesday. If the next banner comes out on Wednesday how will that impact arena bonus heroes? - as they change on a Thuesday

Finally got a 7 win streak with only 1 death.

5* Soren, 5* Eirika, 5* Hector, 4* Subaki

Score: 4721

Rank: 16,918 in tier 17 (cutoff to stay will be around 18.000)

I'm right at the edge of staying in Tier 17. Not sure if I'll make it. Going deathless would likely keep me in, but I'm out of duelling crests, and it's not worth spending orbs to try and go deathless to stay in the tier; there's a very small chance I'd even go deathless anyway.

These maps just didn't work well for me... and I had to use a 4* Subaki for the bonus unit.

W3WYo7V.png

A last-day defense win from a +2 Wo Dao+/Death Blow 3 Fir completes my week. Probably a pity surrender, but I'll take it.  I'll safely move up to tier 18, but I highly doubt I'll be able to move up to 19 next week  

Edited by Eridras

So I got 6 defense wins now heh

One of them is 584 so I beat @LuxSpes's 582 this time >:D

One of them had a fury Vantage Ryoma, as well as a renewal Roy with T-Adept

My defense team for anyone else who wants to know:

Spoiler

Lyn (+HP -Def) Sol Katti Reposition Galeforce.

A- Defiant Atk. B- Brash Assault. C- Spur speed. Seal- none (because I forgot to put one on her XD).

Azura (+Spd -HP) Sapphire Lance + Sing no special trigger

A- Speed 3. B- Escape Route. C- Hone Attack. Seal- Fort Res 1.

Celica (+Atk -Spd) TurboTax Ragnarok Draw Back Draconic Aura

A- Life and Death 3. B- Desperation 3. C- Spur defense 3. Seal- Spur defense 1.

Nino (+Atk -Def) Gronnblade + Draw Back Iceberg

A- Fury 3. B- Desperation 3. C- Hone Attack 3. Seal- Attack +1.

I'm assuming the issue is double draw back + Reposition AND Dancer support with 2 mages on one team and Sword + Lance Res Tanks. I can see Azura's Escape route being key as well. The desperation probably made for some tricky travels as well.

After tossing about 5 or so crests into the void this morning, I managed to push my score up to 4766, which is in the 11k rank area.  Unless a lot of other people push past me, I should be promoting to Tier 18.  From there... I have no expectations of staying in the tier, though who knows what might happen since I'll likely have to massively change up my team for the new rotation anyway.

3 hours ago, JSND said:

Also its important to note that with the way this game overall schedule structure goes, 3 week of Arena Season should somewhat ensures you have a 1 5* per season

Assuming you manage to get Defense Wins:

Season W/1: 2500 + 1500 Tier + 900 Def = 4900 x 3 = 14.700

Pretty massive assumption that you not only manage to get a defense win, but get it with a bonus unit.

2 hours ago, Jedrus Lilac said:

Wondering about this new banner coming up tomorrow. It is supposed to end on the 14th of June. Thats Wednesday. If the next banner comes out on Wednesday how will that impact arena bonus heroes? - as they change on a Thuesday

They'd just release the next banner while the Bride banner has a couple of days left on it.  I believe they already did this with the Spring banner.

2 hours ago, Jedrus Lilac said:

It ends on the following Thursday, the 20th. They probably did this to give people a chance to actually level their banner units again, like how it used to be.