Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

3 hours ago, eclipse said:

This makes it even worse.  Three weeks of AI-controlled dancing teams is not my idea of a good time!

Sorry- if it helps, Olivia's a staple of my defence team ever since I had the same experience. Her being a bonus unit just means I need to remember to switch Sharena out for a dangerous unit again while my Blade team's still in the oven.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2,500 feathers for 4,633 offence points;

900 feathers for 568 defence points (last-minute somehow);

1,600 feathers and 3 orbs for moving up to tier 17.

5,000 feathers and 3 orbs total. Nice!

This week I ran the usual (Fae, Raigh, Azura, and Roy for bonus).  For this arena rotation, I experimented with Raighblade+ Raigh to assess his performance and role on the team, and Roy was turned into a make-shift buff bot.  This team was used for both offense and defense and obtained the following results for this season:

Score: 4822

Defense: 580 (10 Defenses in total)

Total Rewards: 5200 Feathers + 4 Orbs

Might get rekt next week in Tier 18 since I don't have any of the non-banner units as 5 stars.  Going to go with the free 4* F! Corrin that android users got a while back since she has some pretty interesting support options.

Edited by Kalibur

....Well, I am now down to tier 14, just because the last bonus units were no good for me (Well, I couldn't use what I had very well either). Likely leaving the Askr trio in the leftmost team and training them up (from 5*, maybe with Olivia who's at the same level)

Least I gave plenty of defence wins to people?

First match, gets paired against a cav team on the split forest mountain map what fun. /s
I crushed the person's team even if I lost two people since I didn't want to surrender to this crap, gonna restart the streak tomorrow or just try to get 4,600+ and see how it goes since I got demoted to 16.

7 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

@Fei Mao Sorry to hear that. On the bright side, you'll more than likely end up back in T17 And I'll be demoted from 18 because of how the system works

Hopefully, I think you got what it takes, especially with those previous maps gone maybe it'll be easier to score higher so you can stay or promote.

32 minutes ago, Fruity Insanity said:

As every week goes by, I see more and more Reinhardt.

And I'm reminded of the fact that I need either a Nino or a Julia.

If you want an immediate solution you could give Cecilia or F.Robin Triangle Adept and they'll crush him easily.

I decided to try a go for a day 3 deathless with F Corrin as i train Donnel up at 684 caps so far. Funny enough after putting Reciprocal Aid on F Corrin i noticed how well she fits in the team

R.A.to refill Xander and  Hone Attack to buff atk but not speed

SeemsGood

Edited by JSND

For anyone who's been in tier 17 (and gotten promoted to tier 18), what kind of score did you get to promote?

I'd kind of like to shoot for those 4 orbs, but I'm not sure how realistic that would be if I can't break a score of 4800. Using Olivia on my team drops my score a bit, so it looks like if I do well, I may average out around 4700-4750 with a deathless run. Granted, that may change once I finish grinding for SP. (Xander needs Vantage 2 and 3. Titania needs Guard 2 and 3.  Ursula will probably get Ward Cavalry, but I may keep Threaten RES. And Olivia needs a special...) 

2 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

For anyone who's been in tier 17 (and gotten promoted to tier 18), what kind of score did you get to promote?

I'd kind of like to shoot for those 4 orbs, but I'm not sure how realistic that would be if I can't break a score of 4800. Using Olivia on my team drops my score a bit, so it looks like if I do well, I may average out around 4700-4750 with a deathless run. Granted, that may change once I finish grinding for SP. (Xander needs Vantage 2 and 3. Titania needs Guard 2 and 3.  Ursula will probably get Ward Cavalry, but I may keep Threaten RES. And Olivia needs a special...) 

Im on a surplus with 4816

The run was hellish though

Well...took 3 crests instead of 2, but 5070 (T19) is currently rank 29...which is interestingly the same spot 5090 was this time last week. Team was Eirika, Hector, Azura, Sharena (couldn't get F!Corrin ready in time, unfortunately).

Teams faced:

Spoiler

Jk6t0w3.png

3 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I got a promotion to 18,with 4796, and it was a very comfortable one (I was in the top 5000), while my previous 4719 probably would have gotten me demoted to 16. I'm guessing the promotion cutoff could be at around 4780, but who knows.

In any case, each week is going to be easier to go from 17 to 18, and from 18 to 19. I'm going down to 17 this time for sure, I don't think that, even with max score for each battle on a deathless run I'll manage to promote, but hopefully next time I'm in 18 (in 2 weeks from now), I'll be able to promote to 19, and hopefully stabilize in the 18 to 19 and back to 18 cycle, for a constant stream of 4 orbs per week.

3 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Well...took 3 crests instead of 2, but 5070 (T19) is currently rank 29...which is interestingly the same spot 5090 was this time last week. Team was Eirika, Hector, Azura, Sharena (couldn't get F!Corrin ready in time, unfortunately).

Teams faced:

Reveal hidden contents

Jk6t0w3.png

That Zephiel with the Spd +1 seal, tho. 17 Spd. Terrifying.

On a more serious note, I think I might need to come up with a better counter for Distant Counter Wary Fighter Effie. I'm pretty sure I can manage 1 fine with Julia (+10 Effie [+Atk] (Silver Lance+, Distant Counter) deals 30 damage to +9 Julia [=] (vanilla)), but I won't be able to take down a second without Celica giving Reciprocal Aid support.

Am I crazy for actually considering Windsweep on Julia as a viable choice?

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Am I crazy for actually considering Windsweep on Julia as a viable choice?

What set and nature is your Julia running? Expending a whole skill slot to deal with only a single threat seems sketch to me, since Julia doesn't have a lot of speed to prevent counters from other threats to begin with. How often do you run into her?

I don't think it's a bad idea, but I'm more used to G Tomebreaker or even Wings of Mercy for her B instead.

5 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Whatever the thresholds were last week, they should be more lenient this week because a lot of the higher-scoring players have kept moving up to higher tiers, while plenty of lower-scoring players who hadn't reached Tier 17 previously will now be there.

Just now, MrSmokestack said:

What set and nature is your Julia running? Expending a whole skill slot to deal with only a single threat seems sketch to me, since Julia doesn't have a lot of speed to prevent counters from other threats to begin with. How often do you run into her?

I don't think it's a bad idea, but I'm more used to G Tomebreaker or even Wings of Mercy for her B instead.

My Julia is +9 neutral vanilla. Like literally as vanilla as you can get. I don't need G Tomebreaker because I'm almost always going to have either Celica or Sophia on the team to handle opposing green tomes, and Wings of Mercy doesn't do me much good because I play extremely defensively and rarely take heavy damage except against Hector (who is almost always the last one alive) and only if I'm using Celica instead of Sophia.

+Spd Julia has enough Spd to block a counterattack from +Spd Distant Counter Ephraim, as well.

I don't often run into Effie, but Ephraim is slightly more common and is generally a pain to deal with if he has Distant Counter.