Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

9 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

also changed Xander for Lyn with Brash Assault on my main to go with Vantage Hector and WoM Olivia and WoM Reinhardt (although I might put Lancebreaker on reinhardt soon). thanks @Arcanite for the Lyn idea, she was my first 5 unit sword lord so good to be using her again. Just gave her Reciprocal Aid to so we will see if that will have some synergy with Vantage Hector.

Lol Brash assault Lyn is the greatest!

Also, Lyn was the first 5 star unit I got in the game so she means a lot for me. I haven't touched her since the defense tiles came out and this week was the first time I get to use her a little more!

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Also, Lyn was the first 5 star unit I got in the game so she means a lot for me. I haven't touched her since the defense tiles came out and this week was the first time I get to use her a little more!

Same! I even subbed out Xander for the Arena offense to try and get a better score this round because she has a higher BST (Tier 18 is brutal...)

Still waiting on tomorrow's Dueling Crests, but so far it's great to be using her Galeforce with Olivia again. (I'm hoping this method is what's getting me the wins + Reinhardt/Olivia WoM next to her when she's low).

She's -Res/+Def so a bit bulkier physically so I usually have no problem getting into Defiant Attack range. Going to miss Xander's Distant Counter for a while, but I need to experiment with higher scores right now (after this I'll try subbing my 4 star Olivia with 5 star Sharena- although still unsure if I'll give her Lancebreaker 3/Swordbreaker 2 for a B skill) 

40 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Same! I even subbed out Xander for the Arena offense to try and get a better score this round because she has a higher BST (Tier 18 is brutal...)

Still waiting on tomorrow's Dueling Crests, but so far it's great to be using her Galeforce with Olivia again. (I'm hoping this method is what's getting me the wins + Reinhardt/Olivia WoM next to her when she's low).

She's -Res/+Def so a bit bulkier physically so I usually have no problem getting into Defiant Attack range. Going to miss Xander's Distant Counter for a while, but I need to experiment with higher scores right now (after this I'll try subbing my 4 star Olivia with 5 star Sharena- although still unsure if I'll give her Lancebreaker 3/Swordbreaker 2 for a B skill) 

Completely F2P in Tier 18 atm - 4,846 streak (rank 274) with Ike/Ninian/Sharena/Hector. No merges. I'm finding Sharena to be a poor (wo)man's Eph but she still does her job fine in shutting down red swords and buffing which is what Eph generally does anyway.

Still no defensive wins yet which is worrying - usually I have 1-3 at this stage, currently using Ninian/Kagero/Sharena/Xander (all 5*). Subbed in Robin(M) for a bit in place of Xander but not sure if colour stacking works for me. Sadly I'm very very short on 2-range options, let alone magical ones (a +res/-spd Spring Camilla is probably my best bet there).

25 minutes ago, Clogon said:

Lance Breaker 3 will give you mỏe points.

Yeah that's true. Reinhardt will have to wait until i upgrade a 2 star Narcian then- he only has 200 sp right now anyway and Sharena has lots.

I don't have Ephraim and i would like to try a blade team with my newly promoted Tharja sometime (I really needed a good red tome user and she is Spd boon). Sharena it is then, since coverage for Lances would be useful (and she is a recurring bonus unit). Thanks!

Ok... I'm desperate. The last 2 seasons I got a total of 0 defense wins and we're on friday and still not a single one. I'm missing out on more and more feathers and I don't know what I'm doing with defense teams. I've tried an all mage team, spear team, team with Xander + Olivia and nothing is working. Someone who knows what they're doing please build me a reliable defense team if one can be made. Here are my 5 to 4 star units. Please help a noob who is somehow going to hit tier 16 next week.

Spoiler

39 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Ok... I'm desperate. The last 2 seasons I got a total of 0 defense wins and we're on friday and still not a single one. I'm missing out on more and more feathers and I don't know what I'm doing with defense teams. I've tried an all mage team, spear team, team with Xander + Olivia and nothing is working. Someone who knows what they're doing please build me a reliable defense team if one can be made. Here are my 5 to 4 star units. Please help a noob who is somehow going to hit tier 16 next week.

Hide contents

If you have the feathers, I would promote Reinhard. If you can, try Reinhardt, Olivia, Kagero and either Takumi or B!Cordelia. Give Reinhardt (or Kagero if you'd rather not 5* Reinhardt) Klein's Death Blow 3, give Kagero (Or Takumi) Lonqu's Vantage 3 and see where that brings you. What skills do you currently have on them?

30 minutes ago, Birdy said:

If you have the feathers, I would promote Reinhard. If you can, try Reinhardt, Olivia, Kagero and either Takumi or B!Cordelia. Give Reinhardt (or Kagero if you'd rather not 5* Reinhardt) Klein's Death Blow 3, give Kagero (Or Takumi) Lonqu's Vantage 3 and see where that brings you. What skills do you currently have on them?

Promoting Reinhardt isn't an option, I don't have the feathers but it's a waste. He's +RES/-ATK, not worth the investment until I get another one. I'm basically keeping him so I can grind SP and put skills on him that I will port over to a better Reinhardt later on so I don't have to do any real grinding. Otherwise he'd be Vantage 3 Fodder. Kagero just has her default skills + Hone Spd 2. She's +DEF/-RES or the other way around, but she has Warding Blow 3. Takumi and B!Cordelia only have their default Kit. Xander has Fury 3 and Vantage 3 (I had an extra Lon Qu which he devoured.)

3 hours ago, Zeo said:

Ok... I'm desperate. The last 2 seasons I got a total of 0 defense wins and we're on friday and still not a single one. 

Reveal hidden contents

What I do is I have a defense team with 2 melee units and 2 ranged units. No cavalry, no armor.

It doesn't seem to matter who they are, that team arrangement will get me at least one win every week, without fail.

For a while I had my 2 ranged units be archers. But I've switched one archer for a mage and that also get me wins.

I don't use armored units for defense as I find on offense they can often get left behind by the rest of the team, so players can handle the other 3 units and by the time the armored unit gets to the enemy team, the rest of the defense team is gone.

Woo, suddenly my 3 Defense win record shot up to 5 defense wins! Go go Brash Assault Lyn! Granted the recent ones had 4 star units as their lead with no Skill Inheritance but I'll take it! edit: hooray it's now 6 just then!

@Zeo What usually makes me lose is when there is a dancer in between two units (especially ranged ones). Also, when a melee unit is next to a ranged unit with Draw Back/Reposition. Otherwise, Wings of Mercy/Escape Route skills can be annoying to other people (especially on your dancer).

I was in your position about 2 weeks ago and gave Wings of Mercy to my Reinhardt and Olivia, which I think works well with Vantage Hector, Defiant Attack Lyn and Fury Xander (after taking damage for QR and Fury after battle damage). Althought last week I only had 1 defense win on the very last day, at least it's something.

Edited by mcsilas

Got a deathless score of 4788 ranked 2422 in tier 17. Looks like I'll be promoted to tier 18 next week unless I somehow drop in over 10,000 rankings in the next 3 days. I'm looking forward to those 4 orbs. I need to start on some SI for Sharena if I want to improve my score for next week.

2 hours ago, ignis_z said:

Tier 19 - 20 looks imposible heheh.

I'm quite salty about this. May be I should whale to get 2 more copies for my Tiki? But this damn gacha probabbly will give me 100 more Hinata and Hana.

So, my measly score of 4781 from my previous 1-death run was about to fall out of the promotion bracket, so I panicked and burned more (MORE!!) Dueling Crests to obtain a perfect run, and now with a score of 5848, I'm ranked around 300 and looking to promote to Tier 19.

Hopefully, I'll be able to bounce between tiers 18 and 19, since 20 seems like whale territory, but I still want 4 orbs every week.

Also IS needs to give out more dueling crests. I'm down to 14 now...

30 minutes ago, Fruity Insanity said:

So, my measly score of 4781 from my previous 1-death run was about to fall out of the promotion bracket, so I panicked and burned more (MORE!!) Dueling Crests to obtain a perfect run, and now with a score of 5848, I'm ranked around 300 and looking to promote to Tier 19.

Hopefully, I'll be able to bounce between tiers 18 and 19, since 20 seems like whale territory, but I still want 4 orbs every week.

Also IS needs to give out more dueling crests. I'm down to 14 now...

Tier 20 will probably eventually be manageable with those scores, even assuming you mean a final score of 4848. Over time, the upper tiers will fill up a lot.

Just now, Othin said:

Tier 20 will probably eventually be manageable with those scores, even assuming you mean a final score of 4848. Over time, the upper tiers will fill up a lot.

Whoops, yah. Typo'd there.

While I'm not F2P, the only merges I have are a +1 Lucina and Azura. The rest of it is just trying to optimize for more points. (Aether on Lucina, legendary weapons, full SI, no ranged units, etc. etc.)

The no ranged units makes it kinda hard at times tho.

Finally got a defense win for 566 points from a player running a lv. 29 4* Alfonse in their defense team.

Pretty much set for this week as I'm going to be dropping back into tier 17.

I got a deathless score of 4802 a few days ago, currently sitting at rank 1750 in tier 17. I should be able to do better, especially if I give my Sharena some more skills, but since I'm pretty sure I'll still promote to tier 18 with this score, I'm not to motivated. Team consists of:

- Ryoma (vantage 3 and reposition inherited)

- Reinhard (deathblow 2 and draw back inherited)

- Hector (vantage 3 and swap inherited)

- Sharena

I'm now fishing for some better scoring teams since I don't want to waste dueling swords. The most recent opponent had an Olivia leading, but I figured I'd give it a shot anyway. Her allies were a Reinhard, gronblade Cecilia and Rotblade Leo. All with cavalry buffs of course.

Spoiler

I kinda shit my pants there.

I somehow still won, but it was pretty close. Hector was able to lure Olivia away from the pack while Ryoma managed to tank a hit from Cecilia and ko her in return on the first turn. Second turn, Hector tanked and killed Reinhardt. Finally, I managed to position Sharena close enough to Leo to kill him (she still outsped him because of Ryoma's hone speed) while Reinhardt killed Olivia.

But yeah, quite happy to have been able to beat a cavalry team. Still don't want to see more of them though.

Well, I was able to break by previous record of ~3500 points from the previous weeks with 3904 points. Also, using bonus hero teams still stupidly works -- too lazy to actually build a team myself and it's kind of fun limiting myself to most of my units being bonus heroes. 4* F!Corrin, Olivia with Wings of Mercy 2 -- could have kept her Moonbow and equipped Ruby Sword, but I dropped them out of fear I'd deal with much stronger teams --, and Sharena and 3* Cecilia since I needed a green and she's been pretty reliable. Escape Route and Wings of Mercy are fun. :p

No defense wins yet for this week, but I've somehow been able to get regular-ish wins with 4* F!Corrin, Oboro with Bonfire, Selena, and F!Robin with Gronnraven+ who I assembled a while ago 'cause I like them and it seemed like a decent team with good coverage even before I got Gronnraven+ for F!Robin... Just gonna have to wait to see. I have no idea how this team manages wins. Probably underestimating them heavily or I'm not seeing something.

Edited by Kaden

Tier 17 Score of 4840 (1 surrender; no deaths; 688, 688, 692, 698,688,694, 692; Nowi +1, Sharena 5*, Eirika, Nino +2):

• May 31 12:00PM PT - #172 (/12 554 to Tier 18)
  • Jun 1 3:00PM PT - #388 (/13 575 to Tier 18)
  • Jun 2 3:00PM PT - #529 (/14 035 to Tier 18)

Looking a little more closely at the data, it looks like the promotion bracket's size increase is greatly outrunning my rank drop, which I find really amusing. Up to four defense wins with 578 remaining the highest score.