Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

5 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Well then, I'm glad I'm not the jerk responsible for ending your first streak!  Haha. :P:

Lol I'm glad it wasn't you too! I'm still pretty bitter about that XD

Otherwise your infinite dreams would have become infinite nightmares

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm admittedly feeling rather unmotivated this season since I don't think it's possible for my team to get into Tier 20 this season (not without more merge levels to boost score because just getting a deathless with full SI won't cut it). 

Since I'll be dropping back down to 18 even if I get a perfect run, I may as well use this week to experiment with team comps :/

55 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I'm admittedly feeling rather unmotivated this season since I don't think it's possible for my team to get into Tier 20 this season (not without more merge levels to boost score because just getting a deathless with full SI won't cut it). 

Since I'll be dropping back down to 18 even if I get a perfect run, I may as well use this week to experiment with team comps :/

Same

I think im going to shake my rust and practice for next shuffle for this season. T20 seems impossible with the pool muddied by last season

....wont lie 3000 feather seems tempting though

Also Arena map is so nice for this week

Edited by JSND

After burning like 10 crests, I had a near-perfect run... only ruined by a Horse Emblem on my 7th battle.

Seriously fuck Reinhardt.

I said I was going to upgrade Nino next, but I take that back. Nino will be next after my +Res Fae.

I only have 6 dueling crests left and 4 days of daily crests left, so hopefully I can get my deathless run for Tier 20 by then.

Beefed up my Nino to +3 because Kozaki helped me get enough feathers to her, while also still having enough in reserve for 5* Anna once the rotation changes—assuming it's needed. Projected gains should put me just within reach of 5*ing Alfonse after that. Anyway...

Tier 18 score of 4834 (no deaths; 1 surrender; Nowi +1, Sharena 5*, Eirika, Nino +3; 690, 694, 690, 692, 688, 690, 690):

• Jun 7 2:45AM PT - #536 (/5900 to Tier 19)

Decided to do the usual of using a Crest while I was still warmed up if I had a deathless 6 at the end of the second day. The surrender was against a 692 Bridelia lead that struck me as suspicious. A couple other notables were a Brave Bow+, DB3 Faye and a G Tomebreaker Soren who was accompanying a Nino-Eirika duo and Olivia. The latter's Nino was -Res with Close Counter, though, so I just one-shot her on a counterattack (mine's built to be more survivable than most, so mine wasn't in any similar danger). The Soren was also super squishy, so Eirika picked up one of her very rare kills that match. The remainder was just Nowi food.

Aside from that, I've gotten a single 580 defense win.

11 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Did you play on the account at all after you removed Sharena from your defense team? Your defense team only updates after you play a map.

yep i played. this is the reason i dont  understand anything. i wanna know the reason...

3 hours ago, Fruity Insanity said:

After burning like 10 crests, I had a near-perfect run... only ruined by a Horse Emblem on my 7th battle.

I said I was going to upgrade Nino next, but I take that back. Nino will be next after my +Res Fae.

I only have 6 dueling crests left and 4 days of daily crests left, so hopefully I can get my deathless run for Tier 20 by then.

SAME HERE

Well, I burned few than that, but still a good amount. Reinhardt + dancer both ruin my life!

3 hours ago, Fruity Insanity said:

+Res Fae definitely isn't as worth it as Nino

I just use Nino as my counter. As long as Reinfart isn't hone cavs boosted, I can usually manage it especially since my Nino's RES stat is Fury boosted

You could use Fae but she isn't exactly the greatest thing on the planet HEH

Just now, Arcanite said:

I just use Nino as my counter. As long as Reinfart isn't hone cavs boosted, I can usually manage it especially since my Nino's RES stat is Fury boosted

I would agree, but there are two problems:

1) The Nino I want to upgrade is +Atk/-Res. Good for Nino doing Nino things, but bad for being a Reinhardt counter.

2) I lack Fury at the moment, and even if I did, there's already a long list of characters I have who want the highly-coveted skill. The first of which is either my +Atk Cordelia or Masked Lucina when she comes out.

As such, I'm left with the option of using the only other unit I have that could possibly counter Reinhardt: Fae.

Ideally, I'd have the following build:

Fae (+Res/-HP) [Also have a +Atk/-Spd one, and I'm unsure as to which would be better).
Lightning Breath+
Drawback/Reposition
Iceberg
Triangle Adept 3
Quick Riposte 3
--Any C Skill--

With +Res and a Res boost from the sacred seal, even a 40+10 +Atk Hone Cavalry-boosted Deathblow Reinhardt does like one damage. And Fae KOs him back.
She can also kill like every other blue unit, too.

Only problem with this build is that I need Quick Riposte 3 and Lighting Breath+ to maximize Arena points, and that's a 60k feather investment - unless I miraculously pull a Fae in the next two days with my non-existent (read: 0) orbs.

So maybe I should go with Nino, after all. But Fae has higher BST for more points, too.

Decisions, decisions.

Don't have a 5* bonus unit so I have to let Olivia drag down my score. On one hand, it means I get easy deathless runs, but on the other hand, my highscore is only 4,766

Already have 2 defense wins (highest at 570)

46 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

please

+Res Fae with proper set can Chickenblok Reinhardt and a fairly amazing match up against Effie/Azura/Ninian and her BST is high at 162.

She didn't broke the game, but for BST consideration she's super good and is actually the best thing on the planet and unlike Hector didn't have lol 1 Move

admitably Hector have liek 7 more BST, more expensive ability, and a HW but chicken-dragon is pretty kewl

Edited by JSND

I think I'll just start doing updates at 6/closer to when I wake up =P .

5082 (T20) update:

6am PDT 6/6: 75

6am PDT 6/7: 131

Teams faced detailed in the previous post. The current stay-in-T20 cutoff is 179. I've been tracking pretty close to 50 spots above the cutoff over the course of the past day, but to be safe, I think I'll hunt 728 point teams (the highest I can get, I think) with my free swords. idk how much that'll help, but it can't hurt.

Edit: Highest def score is still 586. List is full exactly.

Edited by LordFrigid

Just now, JSND said:

She didn't broke the game, but for BST consideration she's super good

If you aren't breaking the game, then what are you doing in the first place? :P

#NinoIsMyReinhardtCounter As long as she isn't -Res or Life and Death.....

Also, doesn't BST not matter anymore? Cause I thought they got rid of that since the update and the only thing impacting score is levels, merges, stars, and skills? Have I been misunderstanding this whole time!?

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

If you aren't breaking the game, then what are you doing in the first place? :P

#NinoIsMyReinhardtCounter As long as she isn't -Res or Life and Death.....

Also, doesn't BST not matter anymore? Cause I thought they got rid of that since the update and the only thing impacting score is levels, merges, stars, and skills? Have I been misunderstanding this whole time!?

It still matters if you switch from Mage units into High BST class units since the difference between those are like 20

Just did my deathless run for this week at 4,814 points. That puts me at Rank 772 in Tier 19. I also have a defense win worth 576 points.

I won't hold my breath for Tier 20, though. It's still pretty early.

All I've done to my current team is swap Effie in favor of Fortify Cavalry Camus and replaced Xander's Spur Def with Hone Cavalry. Fantastic duo.

Edited by MrSmokestack

14 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Just did my deathless run for this week at 4,814 points. That puts me at Rank 772 in Tier 19. I also have a defense win worth 576 points.

I won't hold my breath for Tier 20, though. It's still pretty early.

All I've done to my current team is swap Effie in favor of Fortify Cavalry Camus and replaced Xander's Spur Def with Hone Cavalry. Fantastic duo.

Whats your other units?

5 minutes ago, JSND said:

Whats your other units?

Nino and Sharena / Buffraim. Since Camus is the bonus unit next rotation I can swap Sharena out with no issues. I'll max out Buffraim's Lancebreaker to squeeze out some more points too.

Swap and 3 Mov came in clutch, letting Camus slip past the backline and OHKO an exposed Olivia on the bridge map without being in range of her allies. Made that match so much easier.

12 hours ago, Astellius said:

Your matchups aren't based on your tier, so you're getting paired with the same people you have been paired with before. The only thing that changed between now and yesterday are the maps you're playing on. This rotation of maps has a lot of defense tiles, so, if you're running a defensive or balanced team, battles should be easier. Hyper offensive teams tend not to work so well on these maps.

Yeah I know they're not based on tier, but I was getting matched up with harder people before, to a very noticeable degree. I certainly do like these maps better (even though I'm running a very offensive team), but it's the strength of the enemy units themselves that I'm really noticing. Way less high merges and less top tier unit picks for some reason. I'm sure not complaining, but it just feels weird after last season and I expected to get matched up with more whales, not less.

Edited by Alkaid

Deathless streak is almost complete without needing crests, but no defense wins yet.

I keep forgetting to check for Wings of Mercy. It hasn't usually been a concern lately, but I've sometimes gotten blown out by that.

8 hours ago, Fruity Insanity said:

On that note, does anyone know how many points I'd lose for using Lightning Breath over Lightning Breath+ and Quick Riposte 2 over Quick Riposte 3?

Not that I want to do it, but if worst comes to worst.........

200 SP should be equal to 1 merge worth of points, and 1 merge should be about 1 arena point per fight. Lightning+ is 100 SP over lightning, and QR3 is 120 SP over QR two. So, all things considered, you really only lose 1 merge worth of points. (You also lose 3 Atk from Lightning, though, which hurts since it's already losing 4 Atk and adding 1 to charge time.)

I just had my most intense 7. Arena battle which almost cost me my deathless run. My Team Cecilia Xander Camus and Olivia. Oponnent Zephiel (Distant Counter) , Eirika-Buffer, Azura and Bride Cordelia. Map was the Forest map with the large amounts of defensiv tiles.

Cordelia fell to a buffed Xander QR bait, but Zephiel Eirika and Azura were monsters. Eirika kep constantly buffing Zephiel, and Azura kept constantly singing him or eirika and she laged behind so i wasnt able to take her out quickly. I couldnt take Zephiel out due to defensiv tiles and his buffs and Wary Fighter. My Camus couldnt put a dent on him because he was constantly on defensiv tiles, and Gronn Blade Cecilia couldnt kill him either due to Color-Disadvantage and his Defense tiles. I also didnt want to drop Zephiel below 50% without killing off Azura first, to eliminate surprises.

So i got slowly cornered, like a wall of doom comeing at me constantly. In the end i was cornered but Azura was finally close enough for Cecilia to reach her.
Killed Azura with Cecila, but now she was in danger and right facing off Zephiel. I could only Reposition to the sides, Camus couldnt deal the damage, So luckily i attacked Eirika with Xander that had only 24 HP left due to attacking Zephiel. Luckily due to his heavy Blade this made Aether ready, danced Xander with Olivia, Attacked Zephiel with Xander and with Aethers --50%Def ignoring Zephiel droped him to 6 HP and healed Xander enough to survive his special attack. Camus was then abel to finish of Zephiel, which left only Eirika who couldnt deal enough damage either to Camus nor Xander.

Final score 4846!

Tier 18 score of 4834 (no deaths; 1 surrender; Nowi +1, Sharena 5*, Eirika, Nino +3; 690, 694, 690, 692, 688, 690, 690):

• Jun 7 2:45AM PT - #536 (/5900 to Tier 19)
  • Jun 7 3:00PM PT - #733 (/6104 to Tier 19)

Rank change on either side was pretty even, though that seems to be pretty typical of pre-weekend rankings. I expect to get knocked down a decent chunk as people complete their full free runs after the next rollover. If the Tempest banner is as I'm guessing and contains all the +40% bonus heroes listed in the preview bulletin, I'll probably throw my meager lot of saved orbs at it to see if I can snag another merge for my Nowi.