pianime94

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update for 5030 (T20):

6:30 am PDT 6/20: 85

6 am PDT 6/21: 178

Teams faced detailed in theĀ previous post. Highest Def score is now 584.

Cutoff is 791, which grew significantly more than the rank dropped, so that's a good sign. I think I'll just mess around with different team compositions for the moment...first on the list, seeing what happens when I replace Eirika with Caeda =P .

38 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I finally got my score above 4800 in the Arena, but I think I sold my soul to do it which is apparently reflected in my rank.IMG_0926.thumb.PNG.67d9a0695bb005d45773a80a1bf178f5.PNG

Yeah, Reinhardt is actually the devil. I guess you have to make sacrifices to win though! D:

9 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Yeah, Reinhardt is actually the devil. I guess you have to make sacrifices to win though! D:

I mean, Reinhardt does help to kidnap children.

...Willingly or not...

1 hour ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I finally got my score above 4800 in the Arena, but I think I sold my soul to do it which is apparently reflected in my rank.IMG_0926.thumb.PNG.67d9a0695bb005d45773a80a1bf178f5.PNG

Not only did you use Reinhardt, but you even put him on a cavalry team. I'm starting to wonder whether there is any part of your soul left to sacrifice next week...

Congrats on your score though :P, that rank is pretty hilarious.

46 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

WqwJJrX.png

I hope I get to stay in this tier! It seems safe for now...

I'm pretty sure you won't be staying in this tier though...

5 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Strike two for me :P

You know what I mean though! I hope I get to promote!

'Course I do, I just like being an ass sometimes :P.

But yeah, I hope you promote as well, I can see it happening with that score, though I'm not always good at predicting these things.

Someone had a defense team of 3 Hectors and a Zephiel. My Ryoma sat on a defense tile and killed all 3 Hectors in one enemy phase. It was epic how they were perfectly aligned for that. Even all their goad armors were no help. Ephraim then killed Zephiel.Ā 

Sad times this week. The best I can muster for a bonus unit is the Camus I just 5*'d the other day, and he's only lvl 25 so far. So he's a deadweight in the arena. Then I got the map with the alternating patches of 2 walls/2 forts vs a olivia/nino/ryoma/nowi that were all merged +2-3. That map makes me salty as fuck more than any other. I just can't do anything about a danced mage on that map most of the time. Especially when I'm running Hector and Ike over Tharja and S Camilla to try and make up some for Camus's score drop.

At least with this un-SI'd and untrained Camus in tow I wasn't expecting to ever get into tier 20 with this team anyway.

5 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I just can't do anything about a danced mage on that map most of the time. Especially when I'm running Hector and Ike over Tharja and S Camilla to try and make up some for Camus's score drop.

Hector has the exact same base Res as Spring Camilla and only 1 less Spd. Hector's physical damage type is more favorable against mages than Camilla's magicĀ damage type.

What exactly does your Ike have over your Tharja that makes him worth more points?

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Hector has the exact same base Res as Spring Camilla and only 1 less Spd. Hector's physical damage type is more favorable against mages than Camilla's magicĀ damage type.

What exactly does your Ike have over your Tharja that makes him worth more points?

He may be, but his movement(even with Pivot) makes him harder to weave around enemy threat range when I don't want him getting attacked by non-blue mages in the first place. Especially so on the more cramped movement maps we have this week. Camilla's extra Reposition and better maneuverability is more helpful for me playing around erratic dancer shenanigans. He was good last week, but I don't like how easy he can get stuck in a bad spot on the current maps.

It might be his Aether. I know you've said BST is worth almost nothing now, so then I can only assume it's Aether + Hector's Distant Counter value. Last season I first used my preferred team of Tharja/S Camilla/Cordelia/B Cordelia(bonus) and got on average 682 point match ups. When I switched to Ike/Hector/Cordelia/B Cordelia I got 700 point matches for the majority, and none under 694. I ended up with 52 points higher than my initial run that season by using them.

Assuming the SP-cost model (the more I play, the more I'm convinced that this model is right), that should make Ike the perfect storm of +points versus your typical non-legendary wielder. Ragnell is 400 versus Raudrblade+'s 300. Aether is 500 versus Vengeance's 200. If he keeps Heavy Blade, that's 240 versus Darting Blow's 200. That's +440 versus Tharja. If 200 SP is 1 point pre-bonus, then post-bonus, Ike should be able to net roughly 4 extra points per match over Tharja.

15 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Assuming the SP-cost model (the more I play, the more I'm convinced that this model is right), that should make Ike the perfect storm of +points versus your typical non-legendary wielder. Ragnell is 400 versus Raudrblade+'s 300. Aether is 500 versus Vengeance's 200. If he keeps Heavy Blade, that's 240 versus Darting Blow's 200. That's +440 versus Tharja. If 200 SP is 1 point pre-bonus, then post-bonus, Ike should be able to net roughly 4 extra points per match over Tharja.

Damn thats +140 SP over Hector

I'm kinda wondering about that as well since so far my point drop only get drastic if i drop Hector(Standard + Swap and V3) for Ursula(DB3, Desper, FortifCav, BB) instead of Eliwood(TA3, Repos, Aura) for Ursula.

Ā 

I guess the easiest way to "test" is to somehow make 2 identical squad one with Hector one with Ike. If Ike(A, Weapon, and Special = 1140) scores higher overall than Hector(A, Weapon, and Special = 1000), then it should be SP

9 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

My Tharja vs Ike is just as you compare(aside from Moonbow on her, but it's the same SP as Vengeance) while Hector vs Camilla is Armads/Pivot/Bonfire/DC/Vantage/Hone Atk vs Gronnraven+/Reposition/Moonbow/TA3/GB3/Hone Atk. The Jump in match points was 12 more minimum, so if Ike's skills are only adding 4, and I assume Hector is adding slightly less skill worth-wise, BST might be making up the rest of the difference. Or I could have just been lucky with the match RNG giving me extra high value ones, since that's always a thing too.

12 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Or I could have just been lucky with the match RNG giving me extra high value ones, since that's always a thing too.

The only way to be certain is to keep finding match-ups until you find the full 10-point range that the game matches you up with.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

The only way to be certain is to keep finding match-ups until you find the full 10-point range that the game matches you up with.

Are you sure it's a 10-point range?

I could be misremembering, of course, but I'm fairly certain my team's been matched with as low as 688 and as high as 702, so it's at least a 14-point range.

How much fusion do I need to get into their 19? Is it better to use fusions to shore up weaknesses or strengthen strengths? I Run Nino, Azura, Eirika + bonus unit. I have a ton of Ninos that I could just start fusing as I get the feathers, but I could also fuse each of Azura and Eirika 1 time with less feather investment. Since Nino does the vast majority of the work on my team will I start to fall behind the curve if I fuse the others first?

2 minutes ago, Beddlam said:

How much fusion do I need to get into their 19? Is it better to use fusions to shore up weaknesses or strengthen strengths? I Run Nino, Azura, Eirika + bonus unit. I have a ton of Ninos that I could just start fusing as I get the feathers, but I could also fuse each of Azura and Eirika 1 time with less feather investment. Since Nino does the vast majority of the work on my team will I start to fall behind the curve if I fuse the others first?

You honestly don't need a single merge to get into Tier 19, though it certainly makes things easier. You may need to blow dueling crests to fish for only high point-value matches though.Ā 

I personally think that if you're going to merge anyone, it makes the most sense to concentrate on the units doing the most work (in your case Nino), but it honestly isn't all that important. One or two merge levels don't make a huge difference in performance one way or another, so you're really just doing it for the extra Arena points at this stage anyways.Ā 

9 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Are you sure it's a 10-point range?

I could be misremembering, of course, but I'm fairly certain my team's been matched with as low as 688 and as high as 702, so it's at least a 14-point range.

I had 682 to 694 on the week before last, so that was 12.

8 minutes ago, Beddlam said:

Honestly, depending on your units and how decked out they are with SI, none. I haven't merged a single unit in this game and I'm in 19. The week before last when I was also in 19 I might have even moved up to 20 had I squeezed out more points using Ike/Hector over Tharja/Camilla, since I was just under the cut off with my usual team.

Edited by Alkaid

4 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I had 682 to 694 on the week before last as well, so that was 12.

Honestly, depending on your units and how decked out they are with SI, none. I haven't merged a single unit in this game and I'm in 19. The week before last when I was also in 19 I would might have moved up to 20 had I squeezed out more points using Ike/Hector over Tharja/Camilla, since I was just under the cut off with my usual team.

Thanks, I'm at 684, so it sounds like I don't need to do a ton more to be bouncing between 19 and 18 rather than 18 and 17.

Hi,

so i got masked marth 5* and gave it fury 3 because i thought that will never get lucina. But i got a +spd/-def lucina so i want to give herĀ life and death 3. But what should i do with masked marth? Should i keep him or give his fury 3 to my +spd/-res nino 5* or to my +res/-def azura?

13 minutes ago, Thienphu said:

Hi,

so i got masked marth 5* and gave it fury 3 because i thought that will never get lucina. But i got a +spd/-def lucina so i want to give herĀ life and death 3. But what should i do with masked marth? Should i keep him or give his fury 3 to my +spd/-res nino 5* or to my +res/-def azura?

This isn't really the topic for this, but you should keep Masked Marth. You can always get more Fury fodder.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm really surprised by how large Tier 20 is this week. I didn't think it would grow again by so much. I was kinda looking forward to not having to try for a really high score, but depending on how my current 4886 holds up over the next couple days, I might have to shoot for a little higher to stay in Tier 20.