Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that was fun. Faced a B!Lyn, Rein, B!Roy, and Elincia on the two walls map. Didn't think I'd make it, but I did it deathless. Woot! Erika's Drag back actually helped me for once as it allowed her to move out of Elincia's range. 

Running a no blue team certainly makes some things harder. But I'm not switching in Nowi till I've completed her build. Still need QR3, reposition and hone speed :/

4 hours ago, Prince Endriu said:

I believe you. Last week was a nightmare for me as well. And thats just tier 18. Think I used up 15 crests during one afternoon. Nothing worked. Called it quits with one win at the end. Gave up thinking I could do it  so many +units suddenly showed up. My ike got killed by a cecilia while he was standing on a defense tile. Didnt see that one coming. That was crazy. Next day I managed 3 deathless with regular dueling swords, so I had 4. Felt motivated and after a crest got my deathless, it was tough. Todays run felt surprisingly easier, maybe because I went in with no expectations. Just wanted to get my 4000points. No really, I am still shocked. Staying in tier 20 wont be possible for me, I wont delude myself. Getting there in 8 (9 seasons ) weeks would be an accomplishment for me though.

just btw  how many points were needed for staying?

I had close to 5000 points something like 4980ish or so. I finished this week arena with 4996 which puts me atm at rank 322 (which will for sure go down), i think thats enough to stay again in Tier 20, but i had to use some crest for a deathless run.

4900 used to be the old surefire score for staying in, but with Brave units inflating things (it may go down a bit as time progresses, but the units are good enough that I think some people will incorporate them into their Arena core), seems like it'll be safer to shoot for 4910+. I don't really have good metrics on the threshold anymore, but for vaguely helpful comparison, my 4966 last week was about halfway between #1 and the rank threshold.

27 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I had close to 5000 points something like 4980ish or so. I finished this week arena with 4996 which puts me atm at rank 322 (which will for sure go down), i think thats enough to stay again in Tier 20, but i had to use some crest for a deathless run.

How many +units (all pluses combined) did you use for such a result?

I find myself getting increasingly bored of the arena. Bouncing between tier 18 and 20 without any hope of improving (staying in t20 just requires far more merged units than I will ever have) and only a very small difference in reward is... not very satisfying.
These days I often neglect the arena until the night before where a half-hearted effort is usually enough to advance from 18 to 19 or 19 to 20, and on weeks when I'm in tier 20 I know I'm falling down anyway so I just need to get over 4000 for the score reward...

10 hours ago, Pompero said:

Yup, it looks like you won't stay in T20 unless you have a decent amount above 4900. Something like 4920 should do it.

4820 is still my best score from several months ago. Looks like I probably won't ever stay in T20.

10 hours ago, Prince Endriu said:

OK, thanks

Had hoped it was a little bit less :).

So if it was a struggle for you to stay in tier 20 then I dont know what it would mean to me :)

by hard i mean getting a deathless run, i was ranked like 1500 ish which is way enough to stay in rank 20

I'm so glad we got loads of crests in the recent past, makes it easy to just not play against many horses, dancers and season baits, they don't even deserve a chance at a defense win from me. That guarantees A) No full scrub Emblem team B) at the very least a maximum of two boring BS units (The unit from the selection and a seasonal unit take up half the team, otherwise the team doesn't get that many points even if it succeeds), and C) my own personal satisfaction. If I can get defense wins reliably without dancer or horsies/fliers, anyone should be able to, but yeah, it's easier the other way round.

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Speaking of defence wins, I never surrender to dancers, no matter the losses I’ve sustained. It’s a matter of honour.

You may use disgusting horsies as your defense team, but I can respect that stance on dancers. Though, I'm never surrendering to any dancer, horses, fliers and, of course, B!Cordelia.

1 hour ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Though, I'm never surrendering to any dancer, horses, fliers and, of course, B!Cordelia.

So you don’t surrender ever, at all? That’s pretty metal.

Edited by Vaximillian

I'm starting to love the Tana+Bike combo quite a lot, they really compliment each other when it comes to taking down Reds/Blues/Lyn. I believe I'm going to support those two. 

This week I didn't went for a deathless streak but this is my chill week going back to tier 19 which I'm fine with. On Arena assault I got a score of 4118 which is quite low, but the Azura/B!Lyn/Reinhardt (I hate Azura more than the other two, if she doesn't die first I'm screwed) combination is too much for my current units to take on more than 3 times.

Edited by Alexmender

I'm playing arena assault for the first time and gosh all teams are full of Rein and BowLyn.

Kinda poor planning, I have just wasted all feathers doing something else, so I don't even have a single raven tome.

So probably just rank at the bottom haha.

On 8/9/2017 at 3:24 PM, DehNutCase said:

Merges are worth roughly 200 SP worth of skills. (A typical level 3 skill is worth a merge, some are less, like +3 def, some are more, like Distant Counter, Galeforce, Aether, 2 stat 'blow' skills etc.)

Merges increase score by far more than 2 BST---IRRC 10 BST is worth about a merge, in other words, merge score is 'overinflated' by a factor of 5. (You get 1 arena point per merge, which is only 2 BST, but it takes 10 'natural' BST to get 1 arena point.)

A Galeforce is worth a Merge over other maxed out specials---because it's 500 SP rather than 300. Same for Aether. (Mind, Galeforce and Aether also cost a merge worth of feathers considering they're 5* only.)

Edit: Because score is SP cost based, Legendary weapons are worth half a arena score over other choices, because they cost 400 rather than 300 SP.

A single merge, incidentally, is worth around 1 arena point. Same for 200 SP (pre-inheritance cost increase) of skills, 10 BST, or 100? (this isn't certain) SP worth of seal skills. (Fort Res seal is 50 SP of skills, so 2 of those would be worth 1 merge. That said, Seals are so minor in terms of SP that it's hard to tell for sure how much they're worth.)

I tried to build a spreadsheet on these assumptions and I used this formula to calculate a kind of rating (not the actual arena score) to compare my units: 

BST + (merge level * 10) + (overall SP learned / 20)

If I build my AA team following this rating, its BH!Lucina+0, BH!Roy+1, BH!Ike+0 & Hector+0 and they get slightly better scores (max 702 708) in arena than my team with the highest merges (Ninian +3, BH!Roy+1, Ephraim+1, MB!Marth+1). It seems I can only compare 5* units, because Cherche 4* +7 would get the highest rating, while she doesn't boost arena score if substituted for Hector. 

Spoiler

A_score.png.64f3ee52e8dc0f4f176849dd4b27b327.png

Is this method applicable? Do I have to calculate the BST before merges or the BST after merges? 

Edited by mampfoid
new score max