Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

How do you run your Roy? I gave him LnD2, but in arena I switch to his standard A-Skill just for the score. That makes him less squishy, but he also procs Galeforce less, because everybody seems to have 50+ ATK/SPD in arena. 

I run him with LaD3, Desperation 3, Cav Buff/Threaten DEF, and usually Quickened Pulse, but he doesn't really need it. When I got him, I was lucky enough to have the fodder lying around, and I've had no regrets so far even if LaD makes him squishy. My Roy is even -ATK (but +SPD), and he's still rocking 54 ATK and 43 SPD. The buffs he can get from Horse Emblem are outrageous. I used to have Summoner Support on him which was just insane. He can usually tank a hit from greens without a problem (unless it's a brave axe user on enemy phase) and double in return. Most of the time, he'll have Galeforce ready to go after one turn (unless Desperation is active).

If you're worried about destroying his defenses, you could always run Fury instead which will help with his attack and everything else. But really, once Desperation is active, he's pretty deadly and won't have to tank any hits.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I run him with LaD3, Desperation 3, Cav Buff/Threaten DEF, and usually Quickened Pulse, but he doesn't really need it. When I got him, I was lucky enough to have the fodder lying around, and I've had no regrets so far even if LaD makes him squishy. My Roy is even -ATK (but +SPD), and he's still rocking 54 ATK and 43 SPD. The buffs he can get from Horse Emblem are outrageous. I used to have Summoner Support on him which was just insane. He can usually tank a hit from greens without a problem (unless it's a brave axe user on enemy phase) and double in return. Most of the time, he'll have Galeforce ready to go after one turn (unless Desperation is active).

If you're worried about destroying his defenses, you could always run Fury instead which will help with his attack and everything else. But really, once Desperation is active, he's pretty deadly and won't have to tank any hits.

Thanks for your answer! 

I had the same sensation when I got him and he is still a lot of fun when I play him now (team Galeforce, yeah!). Mine was -ATK as well, but later I was lucky enough to get another copy with +RES -DEF (additional Level of squishy, 19 DEF with LnD2), +SPD would be almost perfect though.

Only exception is arena. Summoner support always goes to my TT bonus unit (last one was Elincia, actually BK and after I did my AA run I will switch to Sigurd). He can't get horse buffs in arena, because my only cav units with higher arena rating are BH!Roy and Sigurd (Camus and Xander are already 2 points behind). I still have to calculate the score for Reinhardt and some others though. 

Perhaps I'll invest the 20k for LnD3 soon, but first I have to promote Arvis. 

Went in yesterday with Sigurd, Brave Lyn, Olivia +1, Reinhardt +1

final score 4836 (might be enough to get back into tier 20)

What bothers me, is that I actually had to burn about 15 dueling crests in order to get at least 690 per battle, mostly I got 686 and 688, sometimes even 684. Replaced my Reinhardt with Nino+4 and lateron with Brave Ike. The points didnt change at all. 

Finished my AA streak for this week with a score of 4902.
For the first time I remembered to use an item. In my 7th match I was stuck on the boat map, because every reachable box was covered by a Gronnblade+ Cecilia. Those Infantry boots saved my run. 

Now I can switch summoner support to Sigurd and level up Arvis (and my new Tharja!). 

Nice or fun units I encountered: 

• +7 Clair with Deft Harpoon and Guidance
  • +1 Black Knight with Windsweep and Armor March
  • +6 Virion with Clarisses Bow and Panic Ploy (good choice on him)
  • +2 Ryoma with Vantage and Hardy Bearing (what synergy ...)

Everybody seems to have sacrificed their spare BH!Ikes, found Steady Breath on:

• BH!Lucina
  • Ninian
  • Lukas
  • Black Knight

Best username: "LynLynGoAway" (found no Lyn in team). 

I've once again started a week with no Defense Wins.  I ended last week with around 6, I think, but after several months of always getting 10+ no problem, I struggle to get even a handful.  I have gone to the dark side, and put Reinhardt and CYLyn on my defense team.  I hope they're happy.

Goodness, today I found out that a fully buffed Tailtiu can't kill Sigurd unless he's -Res. I think I'm going to use the new -Atk Abel I just summoned to give Lancina Swordbreaker for every Sigurd in Arena next week.

Also, it seems Tana+Bike+PA!Olivia is a pretty reliable core for defense wins. This week I changed BK for Y!Tiki with Axebreaker and I have around 4 def wins. (I have like 6 but the first two don't count because I hadn't changed my team and they scored about 252 each).

My defense team of Laslow, Summer Corrin, Brave Ike, and Sharena is having no problems getting defense wins.  It's a pretty easy team to beat, too.  Goes to show how random defense wins can be... :huh: 

I wonder if some people get matched up less, for some reason.  (Or just bad luck, I guess.)  Or maybe it also depends on how many players are in the score range, and how likely they are to rage quit when they lose a unit?

9 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

I wonder if some people get matched up less, for some reason.  (Or just bad luck, I guess.)  Or maybe it also depends on how many players are in the score range, and how likely they are to rage quit when they lose a unit?

Hm... I'm interested to see if my current matchup plan works. My awesome Fae/Boey/Lyn team has Deirdre on board (I like green stacking), but since I haven't trained her yet, she'll be knocking the score down to people who might struggle to deal with Fae.

Hopefully.

With the dancers being replaced with FE4 units I don't have, I brought in Sharena to take Performer Azura's spot supporting my armor team of BK/Effie/Hector. Was a lot harder to fight ranged attackers that way, especially Lyn, but after spending a few crests I managed to get a 7-win streak for 4,866 points. Should be safe to move back up to 20.

Got an easier 4,890 in Arena Assault by bringing in Zephiel as the fourth unit.

Nice, I can use Deirdre in Arena now. Ok these 2 weeks anyway because of bonus unit.
I got 4.936 with Deirdre, Gwendolyn, Tiki and Sheena.
Deirdre still has some skills to upgrade and Gwendolyn needs some merges. If I have at least 2 more merges for gwendolyn und maybe with some luck another merge for Deirdre I hope I can use Deirdre in 2 weeks in the arena. But maybe it will take longer and more merges for gwendolyn and tiki...
I think this will be the time I will look at the askr Trio.

Got a new high score of 4890 (Avg. 698, min: 696, max: 704) in AA.  Hoping that this will put me back in top 5k.

Starting team:

• Roy +3 [+Spd / -HP] - (Binding Blade / Repos / Luna / TA3 / Vantage 3 / Hone Atk 3 /Def +1)
  • Gwendolyn [+Spd / -HP] - (Slaying Lance+ / Pivot / Bonfire / Fury 3 / QR3 / Hone Armour / HP+3)
  • Black Knight [Neutral] - (Base Kit / Swap / Hone Armour / Panic Ploy 1)
  • Ayra [+Atk / -HP] - (Base Kit / Repos. / Spur Spd 3 / Spd+1)

Edited by ExKalibur

I somehow pulled off a deathless run and managed to scrounge up a new high score with this incrediblely balanced team. 

Spoiler

N7m2MGq.png

The map with the walls is the bane of my existence when the other team has horses. 

I also feel no small amount of irony that Seliph is currently my best Sigurd counter

Got a score of 4880 in AA this week, which is my highest yet. During this run, I came across a Firesweep Infantry Pulse Virion (pic in spoiler) which surprised me, but I've got to admire the person's dedication.

As for regular arena not much has changed, still forever bouncing between Tiers 19 and 20. I did change my core defence team of Brave Lyn, Reinhardt and Olwen as they weren't getting any wins (I suppose it's because everyone probably has a Brave Lyn and Reinhardt counter on their team now)
New defence team is the Brave versions of Roy, Ike and Lucina and bonus unit (in this case Sigurd) and they've gotten a couple of wins so far so I'll stick with this new defence team for now

Spoiler

0kGRMw5.png

I'm abusing horse emblem and dancers, not one defence win. (+1 Reinhardt +ATK - HP, +3 Cecilia TA Raven, +1 Xander, Ninian) All with decked out skills, yet no wins. I have a perfect win rate in offence but I can't get a single defence team win... I'm tier 18, after having fallen from tier 20 and 19 consecutively.

1 hour ago, Schleimann said:

I'm abusing horse emblem and dancers, not one defence win. (+1 Reinhardt +ATK - HP, +3 Cecilia TA Raven, +1 Xander, Ninian) All with decked out skills, yet no wins. I have a perfect win rate in offence but I can't get a single defence team win... I'm tier 18, after having fallen from tier 20 and 19 consecutively.

Because everyone expects horse emblem and everyone and their mum has a way to counter them, maybe they will lose a unit but horse emblem is weak in ai hands because they don't abuse their power.

I have managed to get myself in the tier 19 band (Rank 14,000, Score 4,717) with my ragtag team I built around Sharena.  (Arvis, Sharena, Legion and a -Spd,+Res Inigo who only danced)

I actually managed to (most likely) secure my way back to tier 20 with a score of 4842. I just had to upgrade the Distance Defense seal to level 3 and give it to Cecilia. Props to CYL Ike for providing the BST Cecilia doesn't have, especially because I've yet to change her base A and B skill.

Everything would be easier with a Genealogy bonus unit but ANOTHER Ninian had to break my pity percent

Edited by Ranulfo

9 hours ago, Eridras said:

This is really doubling down on getting an arena defense win. Brave Ike sat there and tanked everything, but I wonder how many cavalry teams ended up on this guy’s defense list  

rik0TTs.jpg

Prolly none, because BLyn and Reinhardt can kill those units easy

21 hours ago, Schleimann said:

If you want to abuse defense wins run with a high defense awkward units that run Rally Def/Res or so. My mono Green Defense Team consistent of Boey B!Ike PAzura and Azama has secured me tons of wins that way, even against red units it seems. They will usually clump together and none of them can be killed easy without endangering one of the enemys units.

6 hours ago, Hilda said:

If you want to abuse defense wins run with a high defense awkward units that run Rally Def/Res or so.

Fought one of those earlier.  Ike, Black Knight, Brave Ike, and Hector.  They never moved, just kept Rallying each other.  I literally just went up and shot them down one per turn with Brave Lyn, then Repositioned out of range with Sigurd.  When one died, if one was left alone it moved next to the others and Rallied some more.  When only Brave Ike was left, Sigurd went in for the coup de grace.  One of the easiest fights ever.

That said, Horse Emblem is bad for defense this week because Cecilia and Sigurd are on the banner.  Sigurd's effects negate one-shots by most Horses, and Cecilia walls the most prominent units with ease.

My AA score stays the same as last week but my ranking is dropping fast! Everyone is so competitive.

Anyway, Sigurd has been such a blast to use this week. It's hilarious to watch him go to battle with only half HP left, take two more attacks and still not die and in the next round move on to murder whoever dares to put that to his face. With arena reward this season, I'm gonna create the deflect magic seal and gleefully watch him tank Reinhardt.

Spoiler

ckKKFaI.png

Well, cutting it close and i FINALLY have a Defense win on my second account.

I decided to give more skills, and gave Reinhardt Hone Cav and Reposition, gave Lyn Reposition with her Brave Bow and changed BK's skills to Aether, Swap and Vantage to go with Steady Breath.

It was a long wait, but the one win I had was my highest - 602 points!!! Thank you nickname (nice name!) I was getting desperate.

This week has been a really off week for me. (It doesn't help that I was sick and injured.) So I decided to take it easy in the Arena. I managed a 7 streak with 2 deaths and decided that was good enough. I'll drop down to tier 19 and keep my sanity. Oh well. I realized that I hadn't done AA yet (aside from the daily runs), so I braced myself for some rage. Surprisingly enough, I managed a deathless run my first time around. And it was even worth 4930 points. My favorite match was probably an Olwen, Reinhardt, Azura, and....some other random red unit. I can't remember. I parked Julia on a defense tile, and the mages suicided on her. Twas a glorious day.

In the Arena, I'm running Merric+5, Nowi+1, Y. Tiki+1, and PA!Azura+1. Building up Tiki was a great idea. I even spent the 20k feathers to give her QR3. She makes battling horse emblem much easier, especially with so many Cecilias running around this season.

I also managed one defense win from my Xander x Laslow team. XD

15 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I just found an Ira in the Arena running Aether instead of Regnal Astra. Both are 500 SP. What the fuck?

"Aether on everything that I use in Arena."
"But sir, Regnal Astra has the same Value, and is more effective in battle."
"...Tell no one of my error."