Season 48 (1.3.0 S33) Results:

Score: 4,972
Defense: 596

xrVZx1k.png

Changes from last week:

-Hinoka got Galeforce
-Caeda got another merge (+4 to +5)
-Jaffar used as a bonus character

Pulling a dupe B!Roy off of Gunnthra's legendary banner meant Hinoka finally gets the Galeforce I've been talking about for a while. 

I had a Jaffar built up from a couple months back, and since I didn't have to worry about score his low BST and lack of many expensive skills hardly matters.  Most matches he served as little more than a warm body, but he was quite helpful in dealing with W!Chrom lacking DC. 

Arena Assault:

8kT6G0Q.png

Finally got a week where I wasn't low-balled constantly!  It was enough to get me in the next scoring tier, which I'm pleased about.  This was also done before Hinoka got Galeforce and Caeda was still at +4, so I'm hoping to get similar results this week.

Hall of Fame:

Spoiler

sgWuasO.png

This build was literally unkillable for my team without losing someone.  Nobody could attack her and survive, and so I gave my opponent a well-earned defense.  People talk about how dragon characters got the biggest buff from the weapon refinery update, but Faye deserves an honorable mention.  She went from being thoroughly outclassed by nearly every other archer to actually filling a serviceable niche.

4O7qJsh.png

Mixed-tank Jagen.  Didn't think his Def could even get that high.

72UiehR.png

If and when Nanna is ever released and she's a staff user, this is pretty much exactly how I want to build her.

K8JsF7E.png

I'm very tempted to try a Firesweep build on Caeda, but first I need a Soleil.  But considering how long it took me to get Athena...

Previous Season Results:

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be my first arena update, so her I go:

Tier: 19 -> 20

Team: Fjorm+1, Black Knight+1, C!Robin, S!Camilla

If there is one thing that is good about this, it's that the 4 orbs gained allow me to guarantee a full summon tomorrow, so that's good, right?

Offense score of 5092 (T20) remains in T20, combining with a defense score of 614 for max rewards.

Teams faced (streak):

Spoiler

fOPePUw.png

Teams faced (other):

Spoiler

s7QmneC.png

Flier Emblem did the things again. Flier bonus units are the best. Up next: two more weeks of Flier emblem, this time with song & buff power! I might break out Corrin's Blárblade+ for this.

6 hours ago, Hilda said:

wasnt Rhajat just recently a Bonus unit after her Banner?!

Nope. The banner with the Children of Fate characters had Fjorm, Shiro, Siegbert, Soleil, Michalis, Ayra, Ephraim, Donnel, Olivia, and Sharena.

The one after that was this past week's set, which also didn't have Rhajat.

3 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Alright! Got AA out of the way to focus on the rest of the TT and VG without worries. I got a score of 4966, this should make it into the top 5k. 

Could become a close call, I ended 5.146th with a score of 4954 last season. It has been the first time for me to get kicked out of top 5k. 

ok i am getting Defense wins out of my ass with Gunnthra Saizo Clair and Brave Ike, then i set up bonus unit Flying Dancer Azura with Flying Formation + Guidance (Clair has Guidance too) which gave me another 3 wins and now i switched back to my olde Defense Team. I am not sure if people are loosing because they dont know how to deal with Gunnthra, or is it because my B!Ike is running Steady Breath + Wrath 3 + Heavy Blade Seal 3 (he has an Atk+ Res - nature). Usually its that Gunnthras debuff criples the other Teams most offensiv unit (due to Life and Death or due to the fact that the stat spread is more offensiv oriented) unless a Dancer is in it, which is mostliy not the case (hi super merged Armorers).

Its really a pity that you cant see why you won or lost the matches

All right! Got Arena Assault out of the way with 5234 points ranking me currently at #113, which should be enough to stay again in top 1k

So many Gunnthras encountered lol luckily its easy to deal with her. Just pick a healer or dancer that has the lowest Def to eat her Debuff and whack away with red units on her

Arena: 5050

Team: Laslow +10, Reinhardt +9, Brave Ike +3, and NY Azura +1.

Defense: 600

Arena Assault: 5072

---

I think I've been in my current score range long enough to say that I much prefer the 720s to the 710s.  There is a lot more variety and interesting builds, less horses, and to a smaller degree, less dancers.  For the most part, the fights are pretty fun.  :):  It's definitely been less nerve racking getting a deathless streak, but I still have to pay careful attention.  I've learned that dragons and armours can be pretty damn scary if they are built right.  Nowi is particularly annoying in Arena Assault because she has high speed.  I think she's one of the units I encounter the most. 

An interesting thing that happened to me (and ruined my AA deathless streak) was my Sigurd getting one-rounded by a Barst.  Barst.  Mr. Reposition.  I assumed poor Sigurd would be safe in his range. :P:  

53 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Arena: 5050

Team: Laslow +10, Reinhardt +9, Brave Ike +3, and NY Azura +1.

Defense: 600

Arena Assault: 5072

---

I think I've been in my current score range long enough to say that I much prefer the 720s to the 710s.  There is a lot more variety and interesting builds, less horses, and to a smaller degree, less dancers.  For the most part, the fights are pretty fun.  :):  It's definitely been less nerve racking getting a deathless streak, but I still have to pay careful attention.  I've learned that dragons and armours can be pretty damn scary if they are built right.  Nowi is particularly annoying in Arena Assault because she has high speed.  I think she's one of the units I encounter the most. 

An interesting thing that happened to me (and ruined my AA deathless streak) was my Sigurd getting one-rounded by a Barst.  Barst.  Mr. Reposition.  I assumed poor Sigurd would be safe in his range. :P:  

bump another 20+ points on those 720s and the Teams you encounter in the 740-750 range get stale after a while. All you see is Armor Emblem everyhwere occasionally sprinkled in with an Ayra/Fjorm (ok now Gunnthra). Like really 3/4 or 4/4 is armorers.

I think IS should redesign the calculation process for points. BST shouldnt matter, just merges and inherited skills/weapon upgrades/seals, that way you can encounter way more interesting Teams. It really gets boring encountering Amelia/Hector/etc. on every freaking battle

12 minutes ago, Hilda said:

bump another 20+ points on those 720s and the Teams you encounter in the 740-750 range get stale after a while. All you see is Armor Emblem everyhwere occasionally sprinkled in with an Ayra/Fjorm (ok now Gunnthra). Like really 3/4 or 4/4 is armorers.

I think IS should redesign the calculation process for points. BST shouldnt matter, just merges and inherited skills/weapon upgrades/seals, that way you can encounter way more interesting Teams. It really gets boring encountering Amelia/Hector/etc. on every freaking battle

Guess its even much easier to prepare for those battles. I assume you run into the same opponents more often as the number of people who have all+10 armor emblem defense teams might be relatively low.

Edited by Prince Endriu

7 minutes ago, Prince Endriu said:

Guess its even much easier to prepare for those battles. I assume you run into the same opponents more often as the number of people who have all+10 armor emblem defense teams might be relatively low.

It gets to the point where you even recognize the names of the players (assuming you can read them) and know exactly what sort of teams they pack.

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It gets to the point where you even recognize the names of the players (assuming you can read them) and know exactly what sort of teams they pack.

Sounds actually pretty cool - not because of its predictability but because you see how they change their teams each season - assuming there is change in the first place. 

Hope they make that real time pvp happen. Would like to battle against you one day ☺☺☺

5 minutes ago, Prince Endriu said:

Sounds actually pretty cool - not because of its predictability but because you see how they change their teams each season - assuming there is change in the first place. 

You start to remember things like x player runs a Steady Breath Firesweep Gwendolyn with Wrath that can be taken advantage of by a ranged unit, etc. (For the life of me, I can't remember who that is anymore since that was over a month ago before Fjorm screwed everything up.)

7 minutes ago, Prince Endriu said:

Hope they make that real time pvp happen. Would like to battle against you one day ☺☺☺

Real-time PVP would be hell without rules like "if a unit can attack, it must attack".

Honestly, just being able to create a map using your own units (maps themselves come from a pool of pre-made maps, but you can put units and starting locations wherever the hell you want) for players on your friends list to play would be plenty cool enough.

29 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

You start to remember things like x player runs a Steady Breath Firesweep Gwendolyn with Wrath that can be taken advantage of by a ranged unit, etc. (For the life of me, I can't remember who that is anymore since that was over a month ago before Fjorm screwed everything up.)

Real-time PVP would be hell without rules like "if a unit can attack, it must attack".

Honestly, just being able to create a map using your own units (maps themselves come from a pool of pre-made maps, but you can put units and starting locations wherever the hell you want) for players on your friends list to play would be plenty cool enough.

Dont know about rules but I could think of lots varieties of modes ☺

My recent idea was a take on shadowverse/hearthstone where you draw from a set of units. Like battling against another player both have like up to 32 units in their 'deck' etc. Of course this was just a rough idea and would  need complex rules to work and be fun.

Well, I got a deathless run with Black Knight/Hector/C!Robin/Alfonse, but it's still not enough to stay in Tier 20. I didn't expected to stay tbh, since being F2P I can't use all my feathers for merges, but is nice to see how your unit poll improves and let you fight to be in higher tiers. I mean, a few months ago I used to be in tier 15-16

Also, since I usually don't check the rarity of the enemies, do people use 4*+10 in Tier 19-20 for scoring? I tend to merge 4* units that I don't want for SI and have, for example a 4*+8 (and 2 3* in my barracks) Cherche with a Brave Set (only missing the + in the weapon) and a 4*+3 Beruka (which I want to make +10) with Close Defense 3 and Quick Riposte 3 (two 240 SP skills)

1 hour ago, Javi Blizz said:

Well, I got a deathless run with Black Knight/Hector/C!Robin/Alfonse, but it's still not enough to stay in Tier 20. I didn't expected to stay tbh, since being F2P I can't use all my feathers for merges, but is nice to see how your unit poll improves and let you fight to be in higher tiers. I mean, a few months ago I used to be in tier 15-16

Also, since I usually don't check the rarity of the enemies, do people use 4*+10 in Tier 19-20 for scoring? I tend to merge 4* units that I don't want for SI and have, for example a 4*+8 (and 2 3* in my barracks) Cherche with a Brave Set (only missing the + in the weapon) and a 4*+3 Beruka (which I want to make +10) with Close Defense 3 and Quick Riposte 3 (two 240 SP skills)

Any merges will get your points up!

@Prince Endriu @MrSmokestack, thanks!

I need merges for my Flier Emblem (choose Palla/Subaki/Michalis over for example Elincia, Hinoka or Minerva because it’s easier to merge them, as 2 of them are 3-4* available and the other is a GHB), so while I don’t merge them I’ve had to move to Armor Emblem.

Another question, which skills would you recommend me for those bonus units 4*+10? I now I want to make Cecilia and Sophia Raven TA, but I don’t know what to make with the others (other than WoM 3 for Olivia). Which skills (maybe 240 SP skills which are easy to get) could I put on A, B and C? WoM 3 on everyone? xd

2 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Another question, which skills would you recommend me for those bonus units 4*+10? I now I want to make Cecilia and Sophia Raven TA, but I don’t know what to make with the others (other than WoM 3 for Olivia). Which skills (maybe 240 SP skills which are easy to get) could I put on A, B and C? WoM 3 on everyone? xd

This goes better in the Question thread but I’ll bite:

You don’t need 4* +10 for all the rotation units—just one for each rotation. If you have the Askr units built up this becomes easier.

Spoiler

Sophia-Gunter: Definitely Sophia.

Virion-Cecilia: Both of these are good choices actually. Virion has nice offensive bases and a massive HP cap to provide Panic Ploy support. Cecilia has two distinct builds in Raven and Blade that are much more effective due to targeting Res. If you have a balanced core of color and damage types Virion a good choice to round it out. DB Brave Bow or Guard Bow Bowbreaker memes

Hana-Felicia: Hana has godlike offensive bases so this isn’t a difficult choice to make. Brave Sword or bust

Subaki-Wrys: Subaki is the easy pick here if you’re running fliers, and even then he’s a TA QR unit without any investment which makes him cheap to build. If Subaki is on your main team then you’re free to run anyone as your fourth unit when he’s the bonus.

Olivia-Donnel: Olivia.

Stahl-Lissa: Stahl purely for horse movement and bulk, though pulling for a bonus unit or just using Anna might be better. Neither of these units are very good.

4 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Ouch. Did your Sigurd have close defense? Even if not that's still pretty impressive if your Sigurd had full HP. Do you remember the build Barst had? I hope it's one that doesn't involve wrath - I don't have the fodder for that yet.

4 hours ago, Momentai~ said:

Ouch. Did your Sigurd have close defense? Even if not that's still pretty impressive if your Sigurd had full HP. Do you remember the build Barst had? I hope it's one that doesn't involve wrath - I don't have the fodder for that yet.

Yeah, Sigurd had full HP and Close Defense equipped.  I can't recall the Barst's skills, unfortunately.  I know he had a forged Slaying Axe+.  Definitely quite impressive.