Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Got a defense win from someone with an interesting name...

Reveal hidden contents

tTC1n7Q.jpg

Aww, poor Nino, she's just doing her best! :XD:  @Arcanite 

Apparently her best pisses people off! LOL

Made them build a niles just to counter her... interesting

Not that it matters since Nino punched through a DD9 Faye one time :smug:

Score report time:

• Tier 20 score of 5114 (Nino +10 with Aether, Atk Ploy 3 Seal; Nowi +10 with LB+Def, Aether, DD3 Seal; Adult Tiki +9 with Aether, Rally D/R, Hone Spd 3 Seal; Vanguard Ike with Vantage 3, QR3 Seal) - #1529 (/5546)
  • Arena Assault score of 5222(!) (Nino +10 with Aether, Rally D/R, Atk Ploy 3 Seal; Nowi +10 with LB+Def, Aether, Rally D/R, DD3 Seal; Adult Tiki +9 with Aether, Rally D/R, Hone Spd 3 Seal; Draug +10 with Wo Dao+Def, Aether, DC, Rally D/R, QR3 Seal) - #738(!)

So, turns out giving Draug Aether and Rally Def/Res to both Nino and Nowi were a huge breaking point. Given that there's hardly any time left in the season, I think I'm going to be staying in the top 1000 for the first time since the third AA season. Doubt I'll be able to repeat this next season due to water season, but I should have a chance to pull it off every time it's not water season. Going to be aiming for building that Sheena in the future, though I want the gacha to give me at least two more copies before I start committing the feathers. Until then, any feathers beyond +10ing Tiki and getting Nowi QR3 (from QR2) will probably be going into either merges for Florina or Fury 3 for a number of AA utility units who want it (I'm holding way too many 3* ones, as I've been procrastinating on promoting them to fodder them for months).

I trained up Hardin and put him on my Armor Emblem Defense Force, which gave me a couple more wins this weekend for a total of five.

I'm about 500 spots below the cutoff for staying in Tier 20, so I don't think I'll be able to stay until I get some more merges on my core team, or I'm lucky enough to get a random bonus unit I have high merges of.

Tier 20 score of 5098 with +7 Nowi, +10 Nino, +10 Eirika, and VLyn. Still safely within the threshold even with the recent score jump. Meanwhile AA is still in top 3k at 5102. I really need to find a way to increase my AA score. Currently merging up Effie tho she is only +1 right now. But already she has almost the same amount of points as +4 Ryoma due to the skills she has inherited. 

1 hour ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Now watch how that score gets pushed around in the last two hours (tbh, I have no idea how volatile the threshold is at around 5k).

Ouch, dropped more than expected. I think I ended at rank 4980 in AA. 

6 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Ouch, dropped more than expected. I think I ended at rank 4980 in AA. 

The rush at the end, always a big burst.

But now it's over, the arena improvements are coming and will make it "more fun", let's see how it feels starting tomorrow.

54 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I trained up Hardin and put him on my Armor Emblem Defense Force, which gave me a couple more wins this weekend for a total of five.

I'm about 500 spots below the cutoff for staying in Tier 20, so I don't think I'll be able to stay until I get some more merges on my core team, or I'm lucky enough to get a random bonus unit I have high merges of.

Apparently 5052 was not enough to stay in tier 20:

@mampfoid - Dang...that cut-off is relentless. Next season is Fjorm season AND we've got some really high BST units. I stayed in tier 20 with 5066, but I also noticed a significant drop in my ranking considering this was the highest score I've ever gotten. I may have to give someone else a water blessing...

As expected, I dropped out of the top 3k in AA, but that's no big deal. The rewards for 5k are still great. And now I'm just under 2k feathers shy of another promotion. Now I have to decide if I want to add another merge to Merric or promote another 5 star I've been putting off. Cherche is long overdue, and since I just promoted her liege, it's appropriate that she follow him!

5 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

@mampfoid - Dang...that cut-off is relentless. Next season is Fjorm season AND we've got some really high BST units. I stayed in tier 20 with 5066, but I also noticed a significant drop in my ranking considering this was the highest score I've ever gotten. I may have to give someone else a water blessing...

As expected, I dropped out of the top 3k in AA, but that's no big deal. The rewards for 5k are still great. And now I'm just under 2k feathers shy of another promotion. Now I have to decide if I want to add another merge to Merric or promote another 5 star I've been putting off. Cherche is long overdue, and since I just promoted her liege, it's appropriate that she follow him!

Isn't Sharena the bonus unit tomorrow, unless you mean water season.

Quick question to all, would a +1 merged Alm or unmerged Hardin be worth more for Arena points?

11 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Quick question to all, would a +1 merged Alm or unmerged Hardin be worth more for Arena points?

Depends on the builds and IVs for Hardin. He has superbane in spd and hp which affect his bst bin. Assuming Hardin is not -spd or -hp, Alm needs 200 more sp to score the same as Hardin. However the difference between the two might not even be noticeable depending on your team mates scoring as Hardin's increase in score may not necessarily push you to the next bin

Edited by Kiran

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Yeah! It's water season! I think. And Fjorm has been pretty much a staple for my Arena core. Raven's the only one with a water blessing. I could give one to Merric, but I think he'd prefer a boost to ATK...so I'll just wait and see if we get someone other than Ike who gives +ATK with their blessing. 

Also, I played around with this a little to answer your other question: www.arcticsilverfox.com/score_calc/ Unless you have more expensive skills on your Alm, I think Hardin is going to be worth more points. However, Alm may be more useful if you're going up against a ton of dragons...  It may also depend on boon/bane though.

It was close, but I managed to stay in T20 with a score of 5,056. I was only a few hundred above the cutoff several hours ago, but, fortunately, it was sufficient to make it this time. I doubt I'll be able to stay her for very long, but it was nice to achieve this again.

As for Arena Assault, 5,032 ended up being around the 4.5k mark -- good enough to get into the 3-5k bracket, but not good enough to feel safe there.

29 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Apparently 5052 was not enough to stay in tier 20:

Wow, looks like I just barely scraped by, with just a few points more than that.

Y'know, despite having refined Alm myself, I still forget that he can do that. So when I leave a unit in his range I think "oh it's just Alm, he's not that dange... goddammit."

Nonetheless I actually did manage a deathless AA run last night despite saying I wouldn't bother. I was watching a Stellaris Apocalypse LP because I'd been debating whether to buy it, and so I figured I'd do a run while watching. Ended up needing two but whatever, ended up with 488x points which was good enough for rank 15000ish.

Season 56 Results:

Score: 5,050 (New Record!)
Defense: 606 (New Record!)

uN6TC1A.png

Changes from last week:

-Hinoka got two merge levels (+2 to +4)
-Hinoka replaces Triangle Adept 3 with Steady Blow 2
-Caeda got three merge levels (+6 to +9)

I spent around 400 orbs of my stockpile on the New Power banner, providing me with two copies of Hinoka and three of Caeda.  Too bad all the Caeda were 4*, so good-bye feathers. =(

Steady Blow might seem like an odd choice on Hinoka, and that's because it is.  Until now, I had forgotten she even had it inherited.  She received Galeforce from a B!Roy a few months back, and since it wasn't difficult to inherit both his 5* skills, I went ahead and made the extra effort.  Never thought I would actually use it, but here we are.  It's not a bad skill at any rate, turning her into more of a player phase unit, and is worth 240 SP to boot.  Ideally she'd have Swift Sparrow, but that kind of fodder isn't easy to come by.

Arena Assault:

fIWDL9D.png

It's a little disheartening to see that adding five merges and more valuable skills wasn't enough to get me in the top 3K.  Unless I get to work on another merge project immediately, I may just have to accept that the 3K bracket will be out of my grasp as well.

Previous Season Results:

Spoiler

Season 12: 4,678 | 284 | 25,513
Season 13: 4,740 | 0 | 19,082
Season 14: 4,794 | 289 | 6,331
Season 15: 4,820 | 576 | 15 --> 17
Season 16: 4,788 | 568 | 17 --> 16
Season 17: 4,719 | 568 | 16 --> 17
Season 18: 4,776 | 0 | 17 --> 18
Season 19: 4,780 | 0 | 18 --> 17
Season 20: 4,796 | 578 | 17 --> 18
Season 21: 4,806 | 594 | 18 --> 19
Season 22: 4,792 | 560 | 19 --> 18
Season 23: 4,836 | 288 | 18 --> 19
Season 24: 4,828 | 288 | 19 --> 20
Season 25: 4,838 | 582 | 20 --> 19
Season 26: 4,822 | 578 | 19 --> 20
Season 27: 4,808 | 580 | 20 -->19
Season 28: 4,792 | 580 | 19 --> 18
Season 29: 4,830 | 582 | 18 --> 19
Season 30: 4,822 | 582 | 19 --> 20
Season 31: 4,806 | 584 | 20 --> 19
Season 32: 4,820 | 584 | 19 --> 20
Season 33: 4,812 | 582 | 20 --> 19
Season 34: 4,836 | 582 | 19 --> 20
Season 35: 4,822 | 582 | 20 --> 19
Season 36: 4,838 | 578 | 19 --> 20
Season 37: 4,788 | 580 | 20 --> 19
Season 38: 4,854 | 580 | 19 --> 20
Season 39: 4,830 | 582 | 20 --> 19
Season 40: 4,908 | 0 | 19 --> 20
Season 41: 4,920 | 580 | 20 --> 19
Season 42: 4,922 | 580 | 19 --> 20
Season 43: 4,914 | 582 | 20 --> 19
Season 44: 4,966 | 582 | 19 --> 20
Season 45: 5,006 | 600 | 20 --> 20
Season 46: 5,016 | 600 | 20 --> 20
Season 47: 4,976 | 596 | 20 --> 19
Season 48: 4,972 | 596 | 19 --> 20
Season 49: 4,988 | 600 | 20 --> 19
Season 50: 4,984 | 598 | 19 --> 20
Season 51: 5012 | 604 | 20 --> 19
Season 52: 4,990 | 598 | 19 --> 20
Season 53: 4,848 | 600 | 20 --> 19
Season 54: 4,994 | 602 | 19 --> 20
Season 55: 5,002 | 600 | 20 --> 19

Edited by DLNarshen

Back to tier 19, but I'm glad this week will be easier thanks to me having like 4 bonus units to choose from. Now I'm up to 27k feathers which I think I'll use on one of my two +Atk -Res Caedas, it's quite funny that both copies have the same nature although that seems to be a common thing amongs my units.

Offense score of 5140 (T20) remains in T20, combining with a defense score of 618 for max rewards.

Teams faced (streak):

Spoiler

tOpfsXG.png

Teams faced (other):

Spoiler

e2Fyz8j.png

Fliers dominated, and the Wing Sword was amazing; it's no game breaker, but it's pretty funny to watch Caeda OHKO Effies when the stars align. I never thought I would actually use Aether seriously on Caeda, but it was surprisingly effective (charge it up on the EP, then drop it on some poor sucker on the PP to heal up). It was interesting to see a full Lyn Emblem team for the first time.

Sharena's finally back as a bonus unit, so I'll be switching over to Celica, Tana, and Julia for the next couple seasons. I wonder if there are any plans to add a Flashing Blade seal. I'd be interested in trying that on Celica (Tana has a monopoly on Heavy Blade).

~

1 hour ago, DLNarshen said:

Too bad all the Caeda were 4*, so good-bye feathers. =(

Given the choice between Caeda and feathers, the choice is always Caeda ;) .

4 hours ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

If any of you this week were curbstomped by a dazzling flyer emblem team led by a summoner going by Cowmilla...well, that was me.

Cowmilla sounds really familiar. Not sure if I fever fought your team but I have definitely seen it around before.

I think I might actually run my Lukas as my bonus unit.  My Hardin is -HP, which doesn't hurt him to much gameplay-wise, but it's a superbane, so it hurts his point total.  I wish QR3 was available on a 4*, so I didn't have to spend 20K feathers, but at least I can use the seal and put another high SP skill there instead.

6 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Note that, even with the super bane, Hardin will score three bins above Lukas (174 versus 156~157).

What if my Lukas is +2?