Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems the score ranges went down on both sides of the spectrum. This is Fjorm week meaning that if I used 3 Water Blessed heroes my range should be 710-724 but I went down to like 706 or so. I need to fish for the higher end but this doesn't look pretty (luckily I'm in tier 19 this week so there's no need to go overboard with my score).

On AA I did my deathless run on the first try with a score of 4970 which is kinda low considering I used my normal Arena team which is full of Water Blessings and stuff.

Finished my deathless arena run, got 5100.  Had to fish a bit for the first time in a while.  I wouldn't accept anything lower than a 726.  I guess Alm brings my points down a bit.  Maybe the new arena matching thing affected the score too, I dunno.  

Alm was a lot more fun to use as my bonus unit than Legendary Ike was.  He liked playing with Fae, Myrrh, and Grima~ :XD:

Also, I got to the 7th fight of AA and lost a unit, boooo.  :sob:  Hate it when that happens.  I finished the fight for a non-deathless run worth 5068, but I'll definitely be redoing that.  I'm so done for tonight, though.  I'll just do it again later in the week.

24 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Finished my deathless arena run, got 5100.  Had to fish a bit for the first time in a while.  I wouldn't accept anything lower than a 726.  I guess Alm brings my points down a bit.  Maybe the new arena matching thing affected the score too, I dunno.  

Alm was a lot more fun to use as my bonus unit than Legendary Ike was.  He liked playing with Fae, Myrrh, and Grima~ :XD:

Also, I got to the 7th fight of AA and lost a unit, boooo.  :sob:  Hate it when that happens.  I finished the fight for a non-deathless run worth 5068, but I'll definitely be redoing that.  I'm so done for tonight, though.  I'll just do it again later in the week.

Falchion is just so fun lately. Like even with Marth's mediocre stats you'd just see sub 56-70 damage per hit every so often since holy crap Fae/Myrh/Grima is so common. Made me wonder how GRORIOUS a Blessed Deathblow Chrom with Awakening Refinement + Spur ATK stacks would do against them. Like idk dead Nowi?

Hardin is crazy fun although i need to recheck his match up since seeing anything with sub 60 ATK is still kinda scary. Basically i just checks out if enemy had 2 green strikes since most blue and red is near helpless

Kinda wish mine's not -SPD though since 31 base speed + Marth +8 would make him rather tough to double

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

1 hour ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Falchion is just so fun lately. Like even with Marth's mediocre stats you'd just see sub 56-70 damage per hit every so often since holy crap Fae/Myrh/Grima is so common. Made me wonder how GRORIOUS a Blessed Deathblow Chrom with Awakening Refinement + Spur ATK stacks would do against them. Like idk dead Nowi?

1 hour ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Alms refinement has been useless so far ... 

Spoiler

... since he kills dragons with one shot. But I have to meet Grimas yet. 

eNNfFrC.png

MQK3vNd.png

I had to surrender to this team: 

Spoiler

rYtFpfi.png

Even with Clarine, there was to much style involved. 

Edited by mampfoid
Typo

I got a few additional merges on my arena team which is helping my scoring, although with AA I need to train up more tanky green units, maybe try some TA builds. With Falchion users being so handy I just realised I have a level 1 5* Marth doing nothing that needs to be trained up.

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

I had to surrender to this team: 

Hide contents

rYtFpfi.png

Even with Clarine, there was to much style involved. 

It's the Cavalroy!

Should've been Cecilia to to be honest

Makes me want to try and get Valentine's Roy...but ugh still not too keen on colourless orb hell

17 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Makes me want to try and get Valentine's Roy...but ugh still not too keen on colourless orb hell

Yep, all my orbs went into the glory of 3*/4* healers. I also got some good units though (Innes, Takumi, some 4* Kleins and finally LA!Roy). 

10 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Speaking of Arena, not really liking the changes.

I used to be 700+ when I look for teams in Advanced. Highest was 710.

Now I've dropped back down to 692 at least. Doesn't help that the map rotations are annoying this time.

Ah, so it’s the matchmaking changes that dropped my score. I completely forgot about those. Getting back to T20 next week is going to be stressful.

13 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Ah, so it’s the matchmaking changes that dropped my score. I completely forgot about those. Getting back to T20 next week is going to be stressful.

I can confirm that I'm getting lower scores with my matchups. But that shouldn't be a problem, since everybody in that range will have a lower score? 

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I can confirm that I'm getting lower scores with my matchups. But that shouldn't be a problem, since everybody in that range will have a lower score? 

I can’t be optimistic just yet, need to actually see what the scores will be by the end of the week.

Sample size is tiny at the moment but I've been getting under the score range a bit according to Arctic Fox's calculator. My team is a very unoptimised bunch at the moment:

Fjorm - Default skills plus Reposition and QR3 seal.
Olivia 4*+10 - Standard Ruby+, Moonbow, Fury, WoM, Double Hones.
Michalis - Unrefined Hauteclere, Reposition, Moonbow/Blazing Thunder (switched mid-run), Iote's (can't afford to give him anything useful), QR2, Threaten Def 3, Close Def 3.
Bridelia +1 - Brave+, Draw Back/Rally Atk-Spd (switched mid-run), Luna, LnD2, Desperation, Hone Atk 3, Spd+3

Olivia and Bridelia have Water Blessings, Michalis does not (don't know if I can justify burning one for the sake of one arena week). Coincidentally, all four are neutral.

Originally the score range was given as 698-712. All three of my first matches awarded 696. I then swapped out Draw Back for Rally Atk/Spd and Moonbow for Blazing Thunder which was enough to bump the range to 700-714. My three matches were 700, 704, 698. Giving Michalis a Water Blessing would bump the range to 702-716. Now I actually never really paid attention to the scoring in previous weeks so maybe it was always wonky but it looks like the old formula gave a range of +2 to +16 and now it might be down to +0 to whatever the new maximum is (it's at least +6).

Looks like without extreme fishing I won't be able to top my previous high score of 4920, so it's looking like that won't be beaten for a while. I just have to hope other player's scores drop down to my level or else my time as a T19.5 player might be up. Will evaluate what to do with the blessings after tomorrow's batch of new units.

I'm done with normal arena, I had to use like 5 crests for a deathless run, a bunch of wrathful+dazzling pain+ healers and the ever annnoying Firesweep+CA B!Lyn everywhere, doesn't help that my Sheena lacks DC to take care of Reinhardt but that handicap is my own fault. Final score: 4994. 

After all those tries I noticed that the best I can reach on average is 718 which is 6 points lower than what my team should score according to the calculator. 

So, losing out on around 10 points per match, while still being lowballed in sequence in an admittedly smaller frame, is supposed to make Arena more fun? Cool. Anyway, finished with both runs and comfortable at 5096/5088 respectively. I think it's enough for T20/3k rewards.

I've only done my 3 free matches so far, but I've already gotten a Defense Win for the week.  I'm using Alm for now, until I get my Lukas enough SP to learn all his skills, which I should be able to do this weekend with the double SP event.  I wish we got the bonus unit list while the double SP was going on so we could train them in time.

I'm so confused on scoring. Last week I got 5102 with my team. Fast forward to this week, added 1 merge and got 5082 and 5086. Then I added yet another merge and this time scored 5116. Seems like variance is at an all time high

Edited by Kiran

5094 Points on normal Arena.
I'm starting to Change my core Team. I decided Switch out A.Tiki with Athena. This will be more challenging and fun. I want to show more devotion to Athena.
The only thing that hinders me is that I barely draw any Athena on any banner. This red hell...
At least I have her on +4 for now.

Edited by Stroud

3jNtbNy.png

@Rezzy @Anacybele @GuiltyLove @Vaximillian @SatsumaFSoysoy @Callisto @MrSmokestack @mampfoid 

Reached this score, over 5k points and im only free to play
Soon enough this score will be much higher, and I'll be able to stay in tier 20! YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAWWWWWWW
I also have a 604 def win with the same team depicted, it was horse emblem lol

On 2/27/2018 at 4:06 AM, Infinite Dreams said:

Maybe the new arena matching thing affected the score too, I dunno. 

Yes that has been dipping many people's scores. The person who cracked the arena score calc formula made a reddit post about it
I reposted it in my arena calc thread in case you're interested heh It's funny though cause my score only jumped instead this time around!

Just now, Arcanite said:

3jNtbNy.png

@Rezzy @Anacybele @GuiltyLove @Vaximillian @SatsumaFSoysoy @Callisto @MrSmokestack @mampfoid 

Reached this score, over 5k points and im only free to play
Soon enough this score will be much higher, and I'll be able to stay in tier 20! YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAWWWWWWW
I also have a 604 def win with the same team depicted, it was horse emblem lol

Yes that has been dipping many people's scores. The person who cracked the arena score calc formula made a reddit post about it
I reposted it in my arena calc thread in case you're interested heh It's funny though cause my score only jumped instead this time around!

Nice. :D My highest is 4956

But I also dont really care much about my score anymore

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Ooh, nice job, Arc! I posted in the pull thread, btw. I didn't tag you this time, but that's because you already knew what I'd put there. XD

Thanks ~
Yeah no need to congratulate you on your luck twice lol

5 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Nice. :D My highest is 4956

But I also dont really care much about my score anymore

4956 is pretty good ~ I only care because staying in tier 20 as F2P gives me swag points
And yes im using swag in 2018