Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

@Arcanite Nice score, congratulations! To break the 5k border in the first week of lowered scores is quite an accomplishment. 

I don't try hard at the moment, 4k is enough in Tier 20 weeks and ~4,930 in Tier 19 weeks. Perhaps next week after getting some merges for Cordelia I might try for a new highscore. 

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I admit, I don't know how to feel about the scoring changes, from other reactions I don't think I have anything to worry about, it seems like the numbers are just lower which may make no difference to how it has looked, I thought numbers were going to be higher more often, last season I was able to get 710 point teams but now the best I've seen is just 700, I hope this doesn't kill my ability to do my usual 19/20 crap, I enjoy being in the bottom tier 20 every other season.

Got 5028 in Tier 19. That should probably be enough to move me up instead of down.

Team used is M!Robin (5* +Spd/-Res, +10 Merge, Summoner Support, P!Azura Support, equipped with Keen Blárwolf+ refined with it's special ability), P!Azura (5* +Atk/-Def, +2 Merge, M!Robin Support), Siegbert (5* +Spd/-Atk, +4 Merge), G!Robin (+Def/-HP, +1 Merge, equipped Armored Boots seal since I haven't been able to get him Bold Fighter yet; I'm saving my Hardin). I think most of these actually have good syenergy with one another under my control.

8 hours ago, Arcanite said:

3jNtbNy.png

@Rezzy @Anacybele @GuiltyLove @Vaximillian @SatsumaFSoysoy @Callisto @MrSmokestack @mampfoid 

Reached this score, over 5k points and im only free to play
Soon enough this score will be much higher, and I'll be able to stay in tier 20! YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAWWWWWWW
I also have a 604 def win with the same team depicted, it was horse emblem lol

Yes that has been dipping many people's scores. The person who cracked the arena score calc formula made a reddit post about it
I reposted it in my arena calc thread in case you're interested heh It's funny though cause my score only jumped instead this time around!

Congrats on your score.  I'm not sure what the cutoff is going to settle at, but I got kicked out of Tier 20 with a score of 5040 last week.

Well I finally broke the 5100s mark this week :

b16c5eb33f.jpg

Being able to use my three +10 units alongside my +7 Lucina is great after weeks of using low merge heroes as my bonus unit. 

After keeping Laslow with Brave Sword+/Death Blow 3 for almost a year now, I decided to finally start experimenting with other swords.  I started with Armoursmasher+!  

1GJ6d3Th.png

That was fun.  :P:  

---

15 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Yes that has been dipping many people's scores. The person who cracked the arena score calc formula made a reddit post about it
I reposted it in my arena calc thread in case you're interested heh It's funny though cause my score only jumped instead this time around!

Oooh, I didn't realize there was a calculator thingy for arena score!  Nice!  That's quite handy.  

Also, grats on breaking 5k! :):

Edited by Infinite Dreams

Hmm, not sure if I like these changes. I used to get anything between 720-724 in the past week, now it's down to 710-718. The highest I got was 722. I didn't break 5k points again like last week. But currently I sit in the Top 3k with 4998 points. We'll see how this turns out. Not going to bother with staying in Tier 20 this week, even though I'm probably pretty close. I'm only 2 A!Tikis, 1 Fae and 5 Nowis short of having 3 +10 dragons... (Too bad I foddered/sent home some of them so early in the game. Game wanted me to be Zephiel's saviour from the beginning!)

I relented and gave a Water Blessing to Michalis. Between him, Bike and Dorcas, the immediacy of needing him for arena points won out, plus I reason that in my otherwise ground-bound team, his aerial repositioning might save me from some tight spots. Besides, he's still the oldest sibling of three, which is enough for him to gain my favour despite the whole evil thing. I guess I'm committed to him now, and will have to give him a refinement and decent A-skill soon.

I then went ahead and did a full arena run, figuring I may as well get it out of the way. Then I realised I'll be forced to do all these fights again anyway because of VG quests, whoops. Well, it might have been an inefficient use of my time, but I'm happy with my score of 4926. That comes as a mild shock actually, it's a new record for me in a week where most people are reporting lower scores because of the calculation changes. Then again, it's almost purely down to the blessing on Michalis - two extra points per fight means 14 points across the entire run, and without those points I'd be well short of my old record of 4920 which was done with just the two blessings some weeks back. It better be enough.

Score breakdown: 700, 704, 710, 700, 700, 702, 710.

Olivia 4*+10, Fjorm +0, Bridelia +1, Michalis +0

Edited by Humanoid

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Did he kill everyone?

Haha, if I recall correctly, everyone except Christmas Robin.  I didn't put him up against him since I usually avoid triangle disadvantage if I can, but Laz did 1RKO a Hardin in the next fight.  

---

Finished AA for a score of 5150.  Now I'm done.  :]

Hm.... I ended up going Raven, Merric, Lucina, and Nowi because Alm wasn't quite cutting it, and I don't have the resources to refine his weapon yet. Plus I pulled another surprise Lucina to take her up to +3. I'm starting to really love this gal. Thankfully, I was able to get a 7 streak win after so many failures, but it was only worth 5042 which is a significant drop from last week's 5066. It's weird because all my characters are running Aether or Galeforce for the first time. I don't know if it'll be enough to stay, but I also don't know if I'll have the patience to fish for a better score. I'm currently at 3414/5093.

I honestly don't know if it's because of the scoring changes or because I shuffled around my team a little bit. Nowi isn't worth quite as much as Fjorm. I could probably give her Steady Breath to raise her score a bit, but for now, running TA3 has been kind of important in dealing with Marth, Ayra, and Winter Tharja.

But my scoring range has been around 716-728, so it's honestly not that different from before. I guess I just entered lower scoring matches more often.

On 8/30/2017 at 7:39 PM, Callisto said:

I've been bouncing back and forth between tier 17 and 18 for the past few cycles..... Haven't been able to make a team that can go the distance on Advanced other than a team of three members from my Horse Emblem team and a bonus unit. I managed to reach a personal high score this week of 4,458, however, I'm probably still going to be relegated to tier 17. 

I've been trying new unit combinations for the past few weeks, but I haven't been able to build a team that really works well together.

After 6 months...

5a98abb464b61_Screenshot_20180301-1315111.thumb.png.1d355a53e15823775456ab27011e0a24.png

Also, Congrats @Arcanite ! We can reach perma-tier 20 together :eyes:

Edited by Callisto

I forgot about the Arena scoring changes, and it looks like scores dropped off quite a bit. I gave both Est and Sharena Water Blessings, and I also got Est up to 6 merges. But I managed to get a good run, with a score of 5,046. This puts me at 3,357/5,136, so I've got a decent buffer of almost 2k slots, albeit with lots of time to be sniped. I don't think I'll try for better, since it was pretty rough running Tiki+10, Est+6, Fjorm, and Sharena. Having 3 blues & no greens/allies who could hit from a distance... ugh.

Edit: Just did Arena Assault as well, and got a score of 5,038, which is a new record for me.

Edited by Astellius

I got lucky after tons of shuffling on my defense team to get 1 win. It seems Sheena doesn't work at all on mixed defense teams so I went back to Nowi and put Fjorm in there to boost Airzura and Eirika's Speed.

Not a fan of the score changes so far. 

I think the score drop is just forcing everyone to fish more than before to get a good score.  :-_-:  My score of 5100 has already dropped down to rank 1497/5223 in Tier 20, with 4 days remaining.  In comparison, last week I had a score of 5122 and ranked 1200 or 1300 something when the season ended.

So I was testing out a team in AA, specifically, a Gunnthra debuff, doing something usually done by PM1 to show case units recently. And this happened:dA6TYND.jpg 

Blizzard tome is best tome. As for debuffs, he has one of 6/6/5/4, meaning Gunnthra does 16 damage normally, 12 without the debuffs.

UGH. Finally. I managed to get my score up with some finish and a lot of death. >.> If I had a nickel for every time I lost my 7th match this week, I'd probably be able to buy some more orbs. But I got my score from 5042 to 5066 just by ignore any match before 5020. I'm not sure how I feel about this new scoring. If anything...I've started having to face a lot more horse teams again...

New changes in arena means new team as well ! And thus, I got my greatest score so far. Score obtained was between 696 and 704 (!), and so, I got this score :

Spoiler

rWOFhRy.png

I wonder if I can have a better score before tuesday. Now, my new team :

Spoiler

iYSSU9F.png

Robin only got an Earth blessing compared to before, since I messed up and gave Tactical Res to Grima... who already had Tactical Atk. 20k feathers lost. I was so mad against me...

Katarina returned for this season as well, since she has a blade tome and have a support with Robin. She got a Water blessing, since I'm preparing for the new event and she's one of my best units (and probably one who'll need speed the most among my units to be even more powerful).

Grima is +1 in merge.