Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

Well I was dangerously getting close to the cutoff and I was so near to going up to Tier 20, so I went ahead and fished for 700 only battles, and put a Fire Blessing on my Vector and started S supporting Halloween Henry.

One of the best decisions I've made actually. Vector managed to ORKO an enemy Zelgius thanks to L'Ephraim buffed Ignis! Halloween Henry also took no damage from a Winter Tharja (granted he was on a defense tile but still, the fact he had more Res and was able to Atk Ploy her was something).

So with less than an hour left, I'm rank 10,718 with a score of 4900, 3000+ ranks higher than when I had 4882.

Also my second account only had 1 Defense win, but I think is my highest scoring ever with 592. Blarowl Lyn doing work I guess?

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I needn't have fished as hard as I did for my 4920, which is 7142/13482 at the moment. I guess most people still have neither a wind nor a fire hero so the scores are relatively depressed this week. Hodgepodge defence team of Fjorm, Olivia, Bridelia and Hinoka picked up a couple of wins so that's fine.

4860 points in AA is 15981. Used a lower value team than usual but full advanced so it balances out.

I think part of it is an unwillingness to deploy the cavalry legendaries if they can avoid it, too. Loading your team up with wind or fire blessings doesn't turn out so hot when it requires bringing a cavalry mage or cavalry melee to tank your score. It's just not a good use of resources compared to deploying Fjorm or Ike and their blessings. If a legendary armour ever comes out, people will be all over that.

Back to tier 20, it was pretty sad that arena was so hard for me at the start of the week. Turns out that it was that way because F!Morgan isn't very good without a complete skill revamp which I'm not going to give her or using Flier Emblem which I can't because the lack of merges hurts my score, I changed to Chrom because he gave more points and arena became easy as hell because he one shots every dragon not named Nowi and they are extremely common. 

On AA my rank is slowly going down. This time I ended a bit below rank 7.5k which means that I really need to start working on merging Sheena and Cordelia soon because otherwise I'm going to be left behind here.

Offense score of 5146 (T20) remains in T20, combining with a defense score of 628 for max rewards.

Teams faced (streak):

Spoiler

PoNPgY4.png

Teams faced (other):

Spoiler

c8kD8jD.png

I got lazy on arena battles this week (I blame my first ever Sacred Stones run taking, and continuing to take, all my free time). I eventually went with Morgan for my bonus unit. At first, I threw together a somewhat random group of units for the job (Caeda, Morgan, Fae, Adult Tiki), but switched over to full on Flier Emblem when that didn't go as well as I was hoping.

Oh damn, I forgot to check my rank before the season closed.  :lol:

Yeah, this week definitely seemed less competitive.  My Arena score of 5144 was rank 400 or 500-something last night.  It probably dropped quite a bit today, though.

AA score of 5182 ended up at rank 1140.

My Arena Assault lead team got me rank 380 this week with a score of 5,216. I seriously fear the day that I will no longer break rank 700 or so.

Here's hoping there's a Legendary Heroes banner before that happens that has Zelgius alongside two reds that I actually care about (I'm not worried about Zelgius not appearing on one, I'm worried about him appearing with reds I don't care about). Or a red armor I like more than Zelgius gets added as a summonable unit (Dheginhansea please).

My regular Arena score sat at a comfortable 5,152 at rank 351 as of sometime last night.

1 hour ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

I think part of it is an unwillingness to deploy the cavalry legendaries if they can avoid it, too. Loading your team up with wind or fire blessings doesn't turn out so hot when it requires bringing a cavalry mage or cavalry melee to tank your score. It's just not a good use of resources compared to deploying Fjorm or Ike and their blessings. If a legendary armour ever comes out, people will be all over that.

and this is why BST shouldnt be considered in Arena point calculation but just merges, skills and blessings

Season 59 Results:

Score: 5,052 (New Record!)
Defense: 608

g0mwc6X.png

An exciting week for me, if only because this arena cycle marks the first time I've been able to run the full Narcian's Angels team in the arena!  Everyone here has been a bonus unit in the past, but not since this team was first assembled around 5 months ago.  This team gets me through every Infernal GHB/BHB challenge, and they tore through the arena in much the same way.

Being able to use every member of the team and it being neither water nor earth season, I had the perfect excuse to try and stay in tier 20.  Narcian equipped his double rally normally reserved for AA, and Shanna opted for Atk Smoke 3 instead of her usual Quickened Pulse.  Thankfully I didn't have to burn as many crests as I did in my first bout with tier 20, and we stayed in with around ~900 ranks or so to spare.  Shanna will get another merge, but I expect it will be closer next week with blessings coming out in full force again.

Arena Assault:

IrFvoil.png

Previous Season Results:

Spoiler

Season 12: 4,678 | 284 | 25,513
Season 13: 4,740 | 0 | 19,082
Season 14: 4,794 | 289 | 6,331
Season 15: 4,820 | 576 | 15 --> 17
Season 16: 4,788 | 568 | 17 --> 16
Season 17: 4,719 | 568 | 16 --> 17
Season 18: 4,776 | 0 | 17 --> 18
Season 19: 4,780 | 0 | 18 --> 17
Season 20: 4,796 | 578 | 17 --> 18
Season 21: 4,806 | 594 | 18 --> 19
Season 22: 4,792 | 560 | 19 --> 18
Season 23: 4,836 | 288 | 18 --> 19
Season 24: 4,828 | 288 | 19 --> 20
Season 25: 4,838 | 582 | 20 --> 19
Season 26: 4,822 | 578 | 19 --> 20
Season 27: 4,808 | 580 | 20 -->19
Season 28: 4,792 | 580 | 19 --> 18
Season 29: 4,830 | 582 | 18 --> 19
Season 30: 4,822 | 582 | 19 --> 20
Season 31: 4,806 | 584 | 20 --> 19
Season 32: 4,820 | 584 | 19 --> 20
Season 33: 4,812 | 582 | 20 --> 19
Season 34: 4,836 | 582 | 19 --> 20
Season 35: 4,822 | 582 | 20 --> 19
Season 36: 4,838 | 578 | 19 --> 20
Season 37: 4,788 | 580 | 20 --> 19
Season 38: 4,854 | 580 | 19 --> 20
Season 39: 4,830 | 582 | 20 --> 19
Season 40: 4,908 | 0 | 19 --> 20
Season 41: 4,920 | 580 | 20 --> 19
Season 42: 4,922 | 580 | 19 --> 20
Season 43: 4,914 | 582 | 20 --> 19
Season 44: 4,966 | 582 | 19 --> 20
Season 45: 5,006 | 600 | 20 --> 20
Season 46: 5,016 | 600 | 20 --> 20
Season 47: 4,976 | 596 | 20 --> 19
Season 48: 4,972 | 596 | 19 --> 20
Season 49: 4,988 | 600 | 20 --> 19
Season 50: 4,984 | 598 | 19 --> 20
Season 51: 5012 | 604 | 20 --> 19
Season 52: 4,990 | 598 | 19 --> 20
Season 53: 4,848 | 600 | 20 --> 19
Season 54: 4,994 | 602 | 19 --> 20
Season 55: 5,002 | 600 | 20 --> 19
Season 56: 5,050 | 606 | 19 --> 20
Season 57: 5,016 | 608 | 20 --> 19
Season 58: 5014 | 608 | 19 --> 20

Well, second verse, same as the first.  I always seem to score in the top percentage of Tier 19, but then am unable to stay in Tier 20.  It's become very stratified.  Hopefully, a few more merges will let me stay in Tier 20.

GMh0Qkf.png?1

And my streak of being bumped out of the top 5K at the last minute continues.

v0wn9Ll.png?1

Got all the Arena awards I wanted. Just a few days ago, I only had about 100 feathers. Now I'm up to 16k. Rewards are sweet! I've been working on a new merge project. IDK if she'll get to see time in the Arena, but I certainly hope she does. She's shaping up to be amazing. :3 I also forgot to mention that I ended up with 5 defense wins: one from my Merric, Raven, Lucius, and Ephraim team. And then I switched out Ephraim for Lukas. 

Surprisingly, I managed to get another "easy" deathless streak. I have absolutely NO idea how. I did two battles and had to surrender to the third because death. But after that, I had an easy go. Maybe I'm just getting the hang of it? Maybe I just got lucky. XD In the end, I got a score of 5068, so a bit lower than last week but hopefully good enough to stay!

My deathless run for regular arena was a little low (4966), but since it should be enough to get again into tier 20, I won't start an analysis. This weeks AA score is the same like last week (5036), which should be enough for top 5k.

Surprisingly I didn't have much problems to get a deathless/7 in both modes, regular arena took me 3 tries and AA 2 tries. 

@AlkaidI met a wonderful Camilla-heavy team (RIP 4 Elincias, 3 Hectors, 1 Takumi, 1 Minerva): 

Spoiler

erxxufO.png

uoAPWT8.png

SDROTIN.png

WXAExMz.png

S!Camilla was +9, Clair +8, both other Camillas +10

This team had a lot of underdogs running: 

Spoiler

yGPGSnt.png

WR2lIUb.png

pMv6hBU.png

P7omsy2.png

Edited by mampfoid

29 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

(RIP 4 Elincias, 3 Hectors, 1 Takumi, 1 Minerva): 

Ward Fliers is one of Camilla (Holiday Traveler)’s base skills.

29 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Dang...I wonder if that’s character bias, wanting to do something “crazy”, or what. It’s strong dedication, in any case.

42 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Ward Fliers is one of Camilla (Holiday Traveler)’s base skills.

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

You are right! One Minerva saved then. I think I gave mine Fortify Fliers to run her and Azura with a flying mage in the NY TTs. 

(Also: Perhaps the player sacrificed a Thajra instead of a Takumi for Close Counter.)

47 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Dang...I wonder if that’s character bias, wanting to do something “crazy”, or what. It’s strong dedication, in any case.

I didn't understand the theme, but at least this team didn't give me any trouble finishing my streak.  ^^ 

Normally I honor unusual teams on my daily arena runs and donate a win to them, but not when I'm trying to get my weekly streak. 

I didn't realize this was Fjorm week so I started with low scores (4972 for AA and 4850 for normal arena). Now that I corrected my mistake by not abusing Water Blessings I got a score of 5006 on AA and 5010 for normal arena. 

I won't stay in tier 20 but seeing how my team is slowly getting better at getting a good score feels pretty nice.

16 hours ago, mampfoid said:

My deathless run for regular arena was a little low (4966), but since it should be enough to get again into tier 20, I won't start an analysis. This weeks AA score is the same like last week (5036), which should be enough for top 5k.

Surprisingly I didn't have much problems to get a deathless/7 in both modes, regular arena took me 3 tries and AA 2 tries. 

@AlkaidI met a wonderful Camilla-heavy team (RIP 4 Elincias, 3 Hectors, 1 Takumi, 1 Minerva): 

Reveal hidden contents

erxxufO.png

uoAPWT8.png

SDROTIN.png

WXAExMz.png

S!Camilla was +9, Clair +8, both other Camillas +10

Reveal hidden contents

yGPGSnt.png

WR2lIUb.png

pMv6hBU.png

P7omsy2.png

That certainly is an interesting use of Elincias. I guess that could make them pretty annoying on defense sometimes. It's fun seeing character dedication teams. I think I see them most often for Camilla or Chrom when I do. I actually saw a new Chrom one this week that already had a +10 cav Chrom in it.

2 hours ago, Alkaid said:

That certainly is an interesting use of Elincias. I guess that could make them pretty annoying on defense sometimes. It's fun seeing character dedication teams. I think I see them most often for Camilla or Chrom when I do. I actually saw a new Chrom one this week that already had a +10 cav Chrom in it.

how dare that person lumps my precious Clair into a Team with something like... Camilla... its disgusting and totaly beneath Clair!

I just ran into a deadly Lucius with Miracle, Dazzling Staff Refinement, Wrathful Staff, Close Counter and Savage Blow... He was like the ultimate counter against my team of dragons and Anna. I ran around this map with mountains in the middle, had my Fae recover HP and give them back to her allies and I just could never KO him, whatever I did. This was so frustrating. Ugh.

6 hours ago, pullofthebush said:

I just ran into a deadly Lucius with Miracle, Dazzling Staff Refinement, Wrathful Staff, Close Counter and Savage Blow... He was like the ultimate counter against my team of dragons and Anna. I ran around this map with mountains in the middle, had my Fae recover HP and give them back to her allies and I just could never KO him, whatever I did. This was so frustrating. Ugh.

It's for this reason that, even if I were to be handed a +10 Fae who was fully kitted out, I wouldn't replace Nino with her. I need at least some PP to deal with this and Firesweep junk, so unless something really forces my hand score-wise, my core shall remain two dragons and she who does her best.

I finished my AA score of 5134. Phew. New record for me. +6 Effie is starting to pull her weight. I saw my first 740 team which was cool. I also saw a 738 horse team. Found that to be a bit unnerving as if it was wind season, that team would be 744. Also Gunnthra is scary with all the new chilling skills. There is just no way to avoid the debuffs.

Meanwhile my arena score is 5104 which is well into T20. Chrom is very fun to use and I enjoy one shotting Faes, Grimas, and Myrrhs. Very satisfying. 

39 minutes ago, Johann said:

@Alexmender Is this you, or is there an imposter floating around? That's some Eirika.

arena1.thumb.jpg.74fd62931baa602da6f2d61659d449a3.jpgarena2.thumb.jpg.73a934c16b4fef07ecb9ee125893701b.jpg

I recorded the fight if you wanna see it, too

That's my team for sure! So it is on the 710 range right now, that explains why I've gotten only 1 def win for now haha!

Sure! It'll be nice to see how my team fares against real players!

2 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

That's my team for sure! So it is on the 710 range right now, that explains why I've gotten only 1 def win for now haha!

Sure! It'll be nice to see how my team fares against real players!

What do you think? The map gave me an extreme advantage.

Like you, I'm using a single high scoring unit with several lower scoring ones, which is why they got matched. I'm not concerned about remaining in T20 this week since I don't have bonus units that would score well enough.