Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bonus units...my Titania is +3 and the best out of that lineup. It really needs to be wind season, so Gunnthra can activate that blessing. If not, I'm swapping her and Spring Xander out for L'Arachel and Spring Alfonse. Will be trashing any matches below 724.

Well next season will be a lot better for me. I will have both Hinoka and Siegbert fully built. And Sieg is a member of one of my stronger teams so if it is Fire season my Fire team of L!Ephraim, Eirika, Myrrh, and Siegbert may get to play.

I'm gonna have fun trying out Hinoka with my core team fliers this season. +10/4 atk/spd to allied fliers in drive range seems badass. My Cordelia's going to punch holes into space-time itself.

2 hours ago, Hilda said:

wow Leg!Lyn is a bonus unit and yet Gunthra was never a bonus unit ever.... inconsistency IS!!! inconsistency!!!

Gunnthrá is dead, my friend. Gunnthrá is dead.

I more than topped myself this time. 4,968 in Assault. First match Advanced, and then did the rest as Intermediate. Still have yet to fully train out my cheap counters.

The finale: Summer Leo ployed Nino, so Nowi and Nino together failed to take out Myrrh. Brave Lucina took out Alm. M!Grima took out Ephraim.

Wondering if I should post the bonus units when the Tweet happens now...

So next week will be Siegbert's time to shine if I don't get Lyn. Er, he's completely built but his skills aren't what I'd call Arena optimized.

Oh wow! I finally get to use my merged Ryoma again.

12 hours ago, Alkaid said:

I'm gonna have fun trying out Hinoka with my core team fliers this season. +10/4 atk/spd to allied fliers in drive range seems badass. My Cordelia's going to punch holes into space-time itself.

Holy shit. Sadly, I don't have high merged flyers...

Edited by Clogon

Thanks to Ephraim being a bonus unit I tried a new team this week of Ephraim/LA!Hector/Vanguard Ike/Fell Vessel Robin, took me quite a while to get a deathless run - I kept dying in and around the 2-3 win mark, but managed to get a full 7 win deathless with a score of 4908, currently has me at rank 8490 in Tier 20 - with 2 days left in the season I expect this isnt going to be enough to keep me in Tier 20 is it? (Just need to finish in Tier 20 once so say I did it lol)

2 minutes ago, Marcodian_Elite said:

Thanks to Ephraim being a bonus unit I tried a new team this week of Ephraim/LA!Hector/Vanguard Ike/Fell Vessel Robin, took me quite a while to get a deathless run - I kept dying in and around the 2-3 win mark, but managed to get a full 7 win deathless with a score of 4908, currently has me at rank 8490 in Tier 20 - with 2 days left in the season I expect this isnt going to be enough to keep me in Tier 20 is it? (Just need to finish in Tier 20 once so say I did it lol)

Yeah, it's a loooong way short, you'd be looking at around another 150 points to stay in T20. That's around 20 more merges to your team required. Most people in your position just treat their week being in T20 as a week off and just do easy/intermediate arena for the offense points.

I clutched out a defense win today, finally. I was starting to sweat. I guess Ephraim's not carrying much weight in the bonus slot, since I usually get 3-5 wins on average by the first day or so without issue lately.

In an interesting twist, I had a breeze getting a deathless run for Arena Assualt. Meanwhile, vanilla Arena was unbelievably cancerous, and this was the week I was in tier 19! #FuckNino/Dancers

6 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Another week where I’m not getting a defence win. Oh well, it happens all the time. RIP 900 feathers.

Having an Askr trio hiding my 3 other party members have always yielded me a defense win!

(Oh it’s just the bench lord... *battle*  what the...)

7 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Another week where I’m not getting a defence win. Oh well, it happens all the time. RIP 900 feathers.

59 minutes ago, Stylish said:

Having an Askr trio hiding my 3 other party members have always yielded me a defense win!

What is your defense team? You want to give your defense team every advantage possible, so go trolling educating players with units like Wings of Mercy units/beacons, Firesweep archers/healers, triple cavalry, mono color, etc.

You also definitely want to use an Askr trio or another non-cavalry bonus unit if you use cavalry units as @Stylish suggested.

Edited by XRay

Well this season was annoying. Not only did I drop all the way down to 18 but I actually needed a deathless run just to climb back up into 19. My earlier lost unit on final map run which at the start of the week looked to show me going up, ended up as not enough to climb into 19 this morning. Did this season knock everyone on their rears or something? I don't think I have ever needed a deathless to get into 19 from 18 before. Though to be fair I don't think I have had to try and use a base 4* with poor inheritance as my bonus unit before either. Alfonse made this deathless run a lot harder to achieve than it should have been. But a deathless run should be an easy 'advance to 19' even with weaksauce on the team.

2 hours ago, Stylish said:

Can confirm this works, I was sandbagging after my real run and lost to an Alfonse lead hiding some troll horse team.

Boy am I glad that I pulled Hinoka today. If I can get my desired build on her in time, I will have a super easy run with flier team. Otherwise I would've been stuck with my half built, badly natured Ryouma. That would not have been fun.

Lilina bonus makes this the 10th week in a row where I haven't needed to roll on the new unit banner or use an askr trio member.

This is surprisingly enough, Ryoma's first bonus season as well
Edited by Korath88

Was having trouble getting a defense win too with a default all-purpose team of Fjorm, Olivia, Bridelia and Ephraim. They managed one win last week, but none so this time around. Not sure why this team did so well with the previous round of bonus heroes - when Michalis was in place of Ephraim they managed about 5-6 wins a week. Might just be coincidence I suppose, or lots of people doing arena for VG flag quests. (Wait, was VG even on? I can't remember.)

So while it felt cheap, I decided the best route would be to abuse the double-guidance default skillset on my shiny new Bow Hinoka. She was level 40 but lacked both skills - levelling under double XP events do that. I had to bless and then take to a few rounds of training maps, but fortunately it was an easy one today and she one-rounds everything. Well worth the effort, within about half an hour I got my defense win, kind of flabbergasted actually (though it could also be pure coincidence from a person randomly surrendering). Bonus is that I'll get to field the same team for the next fortnight. Oh right, the team was Ephraim hiding Hinoka, Airzura and Myrrh.

As for the race to maintain T19.5, 4920 points is holding at rank 10004/12603 at the moment, going to be tight but it's more breathing room than a fortnight ago. No Fjormflation of course which helps, but I can't tell why Ike weeks aren't nearly as inflated, given everyone has both, and that Ike is worth 698 with his default skills compared to Fjorm's 700.

Edited by Humanoid

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

As for the race to maintain T19.5, 4920 points is holding at rank 10004/12603 at the moment, going to be tight but it's more breathing room than a fortnight ago. No Fjormflation of course which helps, but I can't tell why Ike weeks aren't nearly as inflated, given everyone has both, and that Ike is worth 698 with his default skills compared to Fjorm's 700.

I think it was a combination of water week and Fjorm being bonus, so players didn't need to swap in a lower scoring bonus unit and bring all their highest scoring units instead. L!Ike has only been a bonus once and that was before he was F2P

I'm struggling to get defense wins this week as well despite getting 2 last week with the same team. I changed it up so hopefully I can get one from an unlucky last minute player.

Edited by Korath88