Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weekly Scores:

T21 Arena score: 3,802 - Rank 1,368/1,474 (/4,914)

AA score: 5,301 - Rank 568

Terribly inflated scores this week thanks to L!Ike being a bonus. Used a 4*+10 Arthur as my bonus unit. Was originally 3,800 score around 4 hours before the end of the season and was about 30 ranks from dropping out of T21, so I fished for a bit to get 2 more points and it boosted me about 95 ranks. Unless something crazy happens in this last hour, I should be fine, so it was definitely worth using the extra crests. Hopefully the score inflation drops a bit since it won't be earth season next week.

Edit: Forgot the season ends an hour later for me now thanks to daylight savings time, here are my updated ranks for those of you interested:

T21 score 3,802 - Rank 1,401/1,482 (/4,941)

AA score 5,301 - Rank 584

Edited by Maaka

26 minutes ago, Maaka said:

Terribly inflated scores this week thanks to L!Ike being a bonus.

I feel like most of the players at the top are inflating scores by running both Roy and Hector on their teams (which is exactly what I did).

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

I feel like most of the players at the top are inflating scores by running both Roy and Hector on their teams (which is exactly what I did).

That could definitely be the case. Forgot Roy was also a bonus. Not sure how much that affects the lowly minnows like me around the 750 score range though. Guess we will see what it's like next week... Thankfully I'll have a bit more of a boost due to water season and L!Azura.

Edited by Maaka

20 minutes ago, Maaka said:

That could definitely be the case. Forgot Roy was also a bonus. Not sure how much that affects the lowly minnows like me around the 750 score range though. Guess we will see what it's like next week... Thankfully I'll have a bit more of a boost due to water season and L!Azura.

I'm sitting at 746-758 on normal weeks and need to spend maybe half a dozen restores to snipe 756's and 758's, but this week got me 750-760 with only 2 restores spent getting 756-760. Also, Roy is a monster at killing things, especially with the number of dragons and Surtr helping out with the babysitting, so I managed to get all 20 kills with Roy.

So it's quite possible that some players in your score range are getting a boost from Roy being a bonus unit (especially if they also already had Hector).

I didnt find the time again to do Arena Assault... so 0 points for me. 7 straight battles is just too long for a mobile game, can IS please reduce the amount to like 3 to 4? With Aether Raids, normal Arena and AA one of them allways suffers from my side

For the first time, I stayed in tier 21!  I've gotten there in the past, but I normally fall back down.  Thank you, bonus Ike!  He got nearly all of the kills, and my team of RD!Ike/Soren/Oscar/Black Knight scored high enough with enough refreshes to stay.  None of those units are less than a year old, so I feel very accomplished xD

On 12.3.2019 at 4:04 AM, Venmi said:

For the first time, I stayed in tier 21!  I've gotten there in the past, but I normally fall back down.  Thank you, bonus Ike!  He got nearly all of the kills, and my team of RD!Ike/Soren/Oscar/Black Knight scored high enough with enough refreshes to stay.  None of those units are less than a year old, so I feel very accomplished xD

Hey congrats and you did with a themed team even! L!Ike really is a great unit. 

I was considering to try myself (would have been the first time too), but I didn't see myself getting a 3,800 score (ended at 3,768 without fishing). What was your score in the end? 

/Edit: New personal highscore (3,770) should be enough for a t21 promotion. Perhaps I'll try to stay there next week (if scores get a bit more sane). 

Edited by mampfoid

4 minutes ago, jameslove001 said:

I'm not the greatest at Arena. I am just curious for higher scores is it better to run four bonus characters, or one bonus character and three people with a higher rating.

Having a bonus character doubles your score, but it doesn't stack with additional bonus characters. The only reason you'd want to run multiple bonus characters is to get the additional points for making kills with bonus characters if you don't think a single bonus character will be able to make enough kills.

Whether it makes sense to switch out a bonus character or not depends on how many kills you expect them to get. Each kill with a bonus unit is worth 3 points. In comparison (copied from the other thread, numbers include the 2× multiplier from having at least 1 bonus unit),

• Each 100 SP (rounded down for each unit) in skills adds 0.5 points.
  • Each 5 points (rounded down for each unit) of total stats adds 0.5 points. This excludes stats added from skills and merges, but includes stats added from the removal of a unit's Flaw (and the +3 stat points from the first merge on neutral units).
  • Each merge adds 1 point.
  • Each blessed unit adds 2 points times the number of Legendary Heroes that match its blessing element if the element is in season. Mythic Heroes matching the current Aether Raids season count as if they have both in-season blessings.

If the number of points earned from kills is less than the number of points earned from switching to a higher-scoring unit, then you should switch to a higher-scoring unit.

8 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Hey congrats and you did with a themed team even! L!Ike really is a great unit. 

I was considering to try myself (would have been the first time too), but I didn't see myself getting a 3,800 score (ended at 3,768 without fishing). What was your score in the end? 

/Edit: New personal highscore (3,770) should be enough for a t21 promotion. Perhaps I'll try to stay there next week (if scores get a bit more sane). 

Thank you!  I think I just barely broke 3800; something around 3803.  I did have to really fish- I'd get fights as low as 738 but sometimes as high as 758.  I doubt I'll be able to do it this week, since it's not Earth week.  All four of them are Earth blessed.

1 hour ago, Venmi said:

Thank you!  I think I just barely broke 3800; something around 3803.  I did have to really fish- I'd get fights as low as 738 but sometimes as high as 758.  I doubt I'll be able to do it this week, since it's not Earth week.  All four of them are Earth blessed.

Yeah, fishing is annoying. I had two blessed units plus L!ike+1. 

This week should be lower in sense of thresholds (I hope). Good luck repeating your t21 stay! 

(I got my AA run done for this week: 5,250. Should be enough for top 3k.)

I don't want to jinx it but it looks like I'll get T20 for the first time! Took a gross amount of attempts to get deathless but I finally managed to get one last week and, if I'm lucky, I can hold on for the next 30ish minutes~

Edited by Landmaster

14 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I don't want to jinx it but it looks like I'll get T20 for the first time! Took a gross amount of attempts to get deathless but I finally managed to get one last week and, if I'm lucky, I can hold on for the next 30ish minutes~

Woohoo! Now time for T21!!

My weekly scores:

T21 Arena score: 3,808 - Rank 956/1,493 (/4,979)

AA score: 5,292 - Rank 634

Pretty awful week again this week. 3,800 score most likely dropped out of T21, so I had to spend more crests to boost my score up a bit. So glad Roy is done being a bonus unit... hopefully he doesn't show up again for a very long time. Arena assault scores seemed pretty low this week. Surprising, considering L!Hector and L!Roy are both there for fire week, but only had to do one round because of it, so that's fine.

Oh, huh. Forgot to do Arena/AA this week. Whoops.

Good thing I've kind of stopped caring. Got in like one arena match for the 3k feathers, at least, plus the tier ones. But it does mean losing like 22 refining stones and sacred coins, which is a bit irritating. I don't even use them much anymore but it's the principle of the thing.

12 hours ago, daisy jane said:

THIS HAPPENED

1ayk7VG.png?width=342&height=609

Tier 20! that's meeee!  First time EVER! 

(my AA round was a new PB too - 5002, but still not high enough to get more AA bonuses).

Yay! Congratulations, Daisy Jane! I knew you could do it! Now the next mission is reach Tier 21, or at least keep Tier 20. Keep doing your best!

387.gif

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Yay! Congratulations, Daisy Jane! I knew you could do it! Now the next mission is reach Tier 21, or at least keep Tier 20. Keep doing your best!

387.gif

LOL thanks Diovani. :) go figure, i finally do it. and it's an Anna week. oof. 

I am using Rutger this season. I gave him a merge, so he can reach 171 BST. My Arena Team:

Rutger: Lone Swordsman
                (Lv40+1)

• Slaying Edge+ (Spd)
  • Rally Def/Res
  • Luna
  • Atk/Def Bond 3
  • Vantage 3
  • Threaten Atk 3
  • Flashing Blade 3 Sacred Seal

Marth: Altean Prince
               (Lv40+10) (+Atk)

• Falchion (Spectral Drive Effect)
  • Reciprocal Aid
  • Aether
  • Steady Breath
  • Renewal 3
  • Spur Atk/Spd 2
  • Spur Def/Res 2 Sacred Seal

Nowi: Eternal Youth
             (Lv40+10) (+Def)

• Lighting Breath+ (Res)
  • Rally Atk/Res
  • Aether
  • Steady Breath
  • Chill Def 3
  • Drive Spd 2
  • Drive Atk 2 Sacred Seal

Soren: Shrewd Strategist
               (Lv40+10) (+Spd)

• Wind's Brand (Owl Effect)
  • Rally Def/Spd+
  • Aether
  • G Duel Infantry 3
  • Chill Res 3
  • Close Guard 3
  • Drive Spd 2 Sacred Seal

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Anna week is utter misery. She is so terrible. Unless you pump her full of premium skills there is no way you are keeping your tier.

35 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Anna week is utter misery. She is so terrible. Unless you pump her full of premium skills there is no way you are keeping your tier.

As much as I like Anna, I agree. She is absolute crap as a unit. She keeps dying and fails to kill units. I think I will have to give her Slaying Hammer or something just so she can damage armor units.