pianime94

Me earlier: "Sigrun isn't all that bad, I'm sure everything will go smoot--"

Spoiler

Edited by Nym

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Massacred Arena with my olde +10 Boey and his refine. Gave him Fortress Def/Res in his A-Slot and Rend Heaven as a Special.
Together with Marth (praise Infantry Breath and Ruse def/res) Legendary Azura and Aversa as his chearleaders all the Dragons and Armor were... no match. Rend Heaven just cuts through high Attack Armorers like nothing especially when Boey has Infantry Breath from Marth and Quick Riposte. Not to mention all the Dragons that die to it ._.

Whoa, this thread sure gets lots of traffic. Who’d have guessed that gettoing it away would do that.

Anyway, I think I should be safe now:
Screenshot_20190902-150932.png

T21, here I come! (again)
Screenshot_20190902-150941.png

Selena is a beast in the arena. Armourslayer + wo dao is no joke, even if the base effect very rarely sees use thanks to arena’s huge stat bonuses. But of course there are other modes and she’s never going to be a bonus in the arena anyway ever so oh well.

Man, even 3789 is not enough... Had to spend more than 100 crests for that score and it isn’t enough. Last week at least thise 100 crests were worth it as they got me T21. 

Having to use L!Azura for the kills is not a pleasant Arena experience.

Well, this was easily the most annoying week of Arena and Arena Assault yet. Not only did this this week have the worst map rotation, but Water-Earth means that literally everyone and their dog's teams all have one or more of Julia, Alm, and Azura on it.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Well, this was easily the most annoying week of Arena and Arena Assault yet. Not only did this this week have the worst map rotation, but Water-Earth means that literally everyone and their dog's teams all have one or more of Julia, Alm, and Azura on it.

It is not too bad if you have a Dancer/Singer. I do not have fodderable Duel skills, so I am still bouncing between 19 and 20 and sometimes staying in 20. With Duel skills though, I imagine staying in Tier 21 should be pretty easy.

5 hours ago, XRay said:

It is not too bad if you have a Dancer/Singer. I do not have fodderable Duel skills, so I am still bouncing between 19 and 20 and sometimes staying in 20. With Duel skills though, I imagine staying in Tier 21 should be pretty easy.

Dancers don't help when your bonus unit is also a dancer. You can't dance a dancer, and dancers also just generally suck at combat.

Getting a high enough score isn't a problem. It's not losing a single unit in 5 or 7 straight matches that's the problem. Alm one-round kills pretty much everything if he initiates combat. Julia one-round kills a lot of things, especially when she has premium inheritance (I ran into one with Swift Sparrow 3 and Sturdy Blow 2 multiple times). Azura makes everything terrible.

Edited by Ice Dragon

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Dancers don't help when your bonus unit is also a dancer. You can't dance a dancer, and dancers also just generally suck at combat.

I just use the Askr Trio as bonus units. I find Alfonse to be the best out of the three since his Desperation-Brash Assault is pretty consistent and powerful. It does not score too high though.

• 3 weeks later...

How high does one usually have to score to remain in tier 21? I usually just bounce between tier 20 and tier 21, but since I have one of the bonus units at +10 this time (Palla) I thought I'd maybe take a stab at tier 21 two weeks in a row. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2019 at 7:26 PM, Vicious Sal said:

3810 should be safe.

Thanks!

Got a score of 3808 without too much trouble, that seems to be good enough this week. That means I'm tier 21 two weeks in a row for the first time, all thanks to Palla! Looking forward to my one extra orb tomorrow.

It's a fun achievement to have done it at least once, but I don't think I'll strive to do it more in the future because using 20 dueling crests just to get a single match with an acceptable score is not fun. This mode could use some maintenance...

Edited by BoaFerox

Wow! I got 5,293 in Arena Assault. That's my new record. I got a 760 score as my first match and my last one. Last season I wasn't able to keep Top 1k with a score of 5,279, but now I am confiant with my new score

Also, this was a pretty easy AA run for me. No failures, only 1 pretty easy L!Alm. A bunch of dragons, but now now we have a lot of dragon killers weapons, so they are not a problem anymore. And if I don't have Dragon killers, I have Armored Killers to deal with armored dragons.

Oops. The inevitable finally happened. I overslept and missed the Arena deadline (for all three Arena modes). Well, there goes my perfect Arena record.

It's a bit disappointing, but it is what it is. I'm honestly more disappointed at missing out on the free orbs since I still need to pull for Thrasir and Nagi.

13 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Oops. The inevitable finally happened. I overslept and missed the Arena deadline (for all three Arena modes). Well, there goes my perfect Arena record.

It's a bit disappointing, but it is what it is. I'm honestly more disappointed at missing out on the free orbs since I still need to pull for Thrasir and Nagi.

Oh... that's bad...

Did you leave Arena for the last day?

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

I generally leave the Arena for about 3-6 hours before the end of the season.

Oh, I am sorry that you missed the Arena deadline then.

I usually do Arena in te middle of the week, and then I try again on Monday in case I need to do it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, score calc says 4*+10 Frederick is 706 points to unmerged Julia's 702. Literally one point per battle difference, which evaporates as soon as I add an Earth partner to her. Welp, guess Gen 4 is when 4*+10 for score dies.

On 8/26/2019 at 11:32 PM, Vaximillian said:

Logged in just to show this:

Screenshot-20190826-222508.png

Screenshot-20190826-222546.png

Hi, @Elieson!

P. S. Mobile SF is utter shit, heavy as all hell.

I hope I gave you a run for your money! That ranged team looks sick yo