Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

If they combine Arena and AA, this probably means AA using dueling swords as well.

Even if this is not the case, I prefer to have them separated, and at the time instead of one season having Arena and another having AA.

AB, however, is a mode that I wouldn't miss if this was removed from the game.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Allegiance battles? That is probably the only Coliseum mode I don't particularly mind. Regular Arena ain't too bad, but I loathe and detest AA. It wouldn't be so battle if it remembered your place so you could just do 1 or 2 battles a day, but having to do that whole streak in one go is just unbearable.

13 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I wonder who will be the random 3-4*/5* unit in the next Arena Bonus selection... Right now we have:

Sharena, L!Ike, New Mythic, Brunnya, Igrene, Larum, Percival,  Echidna and Chad.

Florina please!! It's been far too long since she was last a bonus unit...

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

(1) I lack units that I can use to bait her. Much of what I have either takes too little damage to trigger an attack or takes too much damage (+10 Legendary Azura [+Spd] happens to have 45 Spd before passive skills and buffs). Most of my fully built units are either dedicated tanks or glass cannons, after all.

I usually use Blade mages to bait VS!Azura. Some of them are 4*+10 while the others are 5* with no or low merges. A lot of them are cavalry or fliers so it is easy for me to give them enough buffs. I also use Brave Bow archers, but I do not have a lot of them.

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

(2) I don't know what enemy teams are like for you, but the Azuras I face are often on a team with Ryoma or Leif (and on Water-Earth weeks, Alm and/or Julia). It is not safe to bait Azura in those team compositions, and if you fail to bait her on the first turn, she tends to hide in the back where you can no longer bait her.

If VS!Azura is next to Leif: Unifier of Thracia, then I cannot bait VS!Azura either. That sometimes happen and I have to restart since I have not Blessed any Raven mages. But if VS!Azura is only next to units with the same reach as her, I can often bait her by putting my nuke right at the edge of her range so only VS!Azura can reach me.

I mostly see VS!Azura paired with infantry and fliers. I do not see cavalry too often.

Edited by XRay

I have a bunch of green mages who I have no real interest or practical reason to give an expensive build set up as L!Azura +10 baiters. All this involves is making sure their Atk stat is high enough (not harder, considering L!Azura's Res is pretty bad), give them QR1 and make sure their own Res is at least 28 and no more than 33 (hilariously, this meant I had to downgrade Picnic!Leo's Distant Def). Easy L!Azura +10 kill every time for very little cost and saves me the annoyance of having to deal with her normally.

I also run a number of budget Gravity+ staffers who have no problem dealing with teams despite often dealing no damage to L!Tiki or H!Myrrh +10s. With a refresher, just keep pinging alternating targets until Savage Blow gets them into a comfortable range. If the enemy brings rallies, they will never move because they're too busy freaking out and spam rallying each other. Then I just bring units that can deal at least 1 damage to each enemy in the other slots.

It's actually very rare that I end up using merged units in Arena beyond the first match, by virtue of me not having many with almost all the high-performance, highly merged ones having AR blessings. I do very much enjoy when my Florina +10 gets to sit on a def tile and chew through an entire dragon team on her own, though.

Another option for L!Azura bait is just a decent attack archer. They really only need 45-50 attack to one shot most L!Azuras. As long as they can live one hit from her, it's an easy kill. It generally also manipulates her AI into attacking them instead of dancing because she will do some serious damage to that unit, even if it ends with her death.

Did Arena suddenly become a pile of shit or something? I can't get more than three wins anymore. What's with these bullshit enemy teams?

Edited by Anacybele

I haven't bitched about there being way too many weekly competitive modes in this game yet this week.

Why the fuck does this game still have 4 weekly competitive modes? I'm only on my second one (finished Aether Raids just outside of top 3k again and currently slogging through Arena) and I'm already sick of this.

Also, when the hell did everyone suddenly get Picnic Flora? I've seen more of them today than probably the last half year combined.

Right now I am in Rank 901/1,173.  I may be able to keep Tier 21 again!
Arena Assault I am guaranteed the Top 1k, with a score of 5,298, and in AB I got 950+, which is all that matters for me.

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Why the fuck does this game still have 4 weekly competitive modes?

Also, when the hell did everyone suddenly get Picnic Flora? I've seen more of them today than probably the last half year combined.

Get ready for the 5th weekly competition with the Book 4 update!

Would make more sense to have a increase in the number of Picnic Floras if she was in the Mythic Banner. I mean, I noticed a increase in the number of Bride Fjorms in AR.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

On 11/26/2019 at 11:17 PM, Anacybele said:

Did Arena suddenly become a pile of shit or something? I can't get more than three wins anymore. What's with these bullshit enemy teams?

learn the AI movement

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Learn to give more useful responses.

that is a usefull response, thats why you are pretty much also failing in AR and everyone is telling you to learn basic AI movement order.

3 minutes ago, Hilda said:

that is a usefull response, thats why you are pretty much also failing in AR and everyone is telling you to learn basic AI movement order.

No, it isn't. "learn AI movement" does not help me when I already do that. Or at least, I try to.

"learn AI movement" is little better than "git gud" and I HATE those kinds of responses.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No, it isn't. "learn AI movement" does not help me when I already do that. Or at least, I try to.

"learn AI movement" is little better than "git gud" and I HATE those kinds of responses.

What trouble are you specifically having?

Sharena can super tank things. Anna can super tank things too, but just do not expect her to grab all the kills; if she gets 15/20 kills, I think that is good enough. Alfonse is by far the easiest one to use with a Player Phase set and can consistently get 19/20 kills if not 20/20 kills.

Eh

I never do Aether Raids 

Very very silly game mode tbh... perhaps I'm too used to Nino killing everything all the time and I dont want to get rid of her water blessing for water season 

Regardless

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

One other thing that can help you is to use units that counter what you see most of the time.

or merge up a Nino and kill everything no matter its color

I do agree that arena is definitely full of cheese. You just need to make your own hilariously cheesy sets. You ever see those Firesweep Soleils with DC and Null C-Disrupt 👀

I'm not telling you to use Soleil, just listing an example ~

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

What trouble are you specifically having?

Sharena can super tank things. Anna can super tank things too, but just do not expect her to grab all the kills; if she gets 15/20 kills, I think that is good enough. Alfonse is by far the easiest one to use with a Player Phase set and can consistently get 19/20 kills if not 20/20 kills.

I can't say. I just ran into several teams that week that mine was no match for at all. I'm not sure what the issue was. I don't use the Askr trio for anything but quests. I think they're too weak without being able to get merges and heavy investment, the latter which I cannot really afford.

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Eh

I never do Aether Raids 

Very very silly game mode tbh... perhaps I'm too used to Nino killing everything all the time and I dont want to get rid of her water blessing for water season 

Regardless

One other thing that can help you is to use units that counter what you see most of the time.

or merge up a Nino and kill everything no matter its color

I do agree that arena is definitely full of cheese. You just need to make your own hilariously cheesy sets. You ever see those Firesweep Soleils with DC and Null C-Disrupt 👀

I'm not telling you to use Soleil, just listing an example ~

...Uh, but Firesweep is player phase only while DC is enemy phase only. How does that work?

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I can't say. I just ran into several teams that week that mine was no match for at all. I'm not sure what the issue was.

What do you mean no match for? They too bulky and you cannot kill them? Or they too strong and one round you?

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't use the Askr trio for anything but quests. I think they're too weak without being able to get merges and heavy investment, the latter which I cannot really afford.

The only expensive skill I gave to Sharena and Anna for their Arena set is Distant Counter. Everything else only takes Feathers or Dew. They do not need merges either since bonus stats are more than enough, and there is always Summoner Support for more stats if needed.

Sharena and Anna:
Fensalir [special] — Slaying Hammer [Def]
Reposition
Aether
Distant Counter
Renewal
Atk Smoke
Atk/Spd Bond

Alfonse
Fólkvangr [Atk]
Reposition
Aether
Brazen Atk/Def
Desperation
Atk Smoke
Brash Assault

Edited by XRay

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...Uh, but Firesweep is player phase only while DC is enemy phase only. How does that work?

Basically what that bird person said. Null C-Disrupt makes it so that you can counterattack with a firesweep weapon while ignoring counterattacks against you on player phase 

Isnt that hilarious

21 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Null C cancels all counterattack negation that would be applied to the unit using it, including Firesweep's—even if it's their own Firesweep weapon.

11 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Basically what that bird person said. Null C-Disrupt makes it so that you can counterattack with a firesweep weapon while ignoring counterattacks against you on player phase 

Isnt that hilarious

Oh. Wow. I'd have never expected that, yeah.

19 minutes ago, XRay said:

What do you mean no match for? They too bulky and you cannot kill them? Or they too strong and one round you?

The only expensive skill I gave to Sharena and Anna for their Arena set is Distant Counter. Everything else only takes Feathers or Dew. They do not need merges either since bonus stats are more than enough, and there is always Summoner Support for more stats if needed.

Sharena and Anna:
Fensalir [special] — Slaying Hammer [Def]
Reposition
Aether
Distant Counter
Renewal
Atk Smoke
Atk/Spd Bond

Alfonse
Fólkvangr [Atk]
Reposition
Aether
Brazen Atk/Def
Desperation
Atk Smoke
Brash Assault

Usually, I think an enemy team is too bulky and I can't kill them. And for me, DC is expensive. I rarely ever have fodder for it. >_<

Edited by Anacybele

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Why the fuck does this game still have 4 weekly competitive modes? I'm only on my second one (finished Aether Raids just outside of top 3k again and currently slogging through Arena) and I'm already sick of this.

Allegiance battles is BASICALLY nothing

It's the first thing anyone could actually find a challenge while also enjoying it. 

Everything else is just ridiculous. I think the real question you should be asking is "Who thought Aether Raids was a good idea?"

January 25th is the only day Aether Raids is a good idea

Yknow what day January 25th is 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Opposite day 

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh. Wow. I'd have never expected that, yeah.

Exactly 

Think outside the box 😌

There's quite a few useful sets for pretty much all the units in the game on the wiki

57 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No you don’t, every time someone links the  AI guide to you, and tells you you can read a paragraph once a day(which takes 5 minutes) to get better, you say you are to busy. 

‘Learn the AI movement is a perfectly vlid response to someone who chronically has shown to not put in the effort despite complaining. 

Me and other people have been giving helpful advice for weeks and you took almost none of it to heart. So don’t start bullshitting about how our comments are not helpful of they’re only four words long. People tend to get fed up when they type out long essays to help others and only 3% of the info gets acknowledged and maybe used(B!Ike inthis case)