Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

6 hours ago, Stahlwart said:

Hey all, I'm just going to slide into this discussion and ask: has anyone found a way to accurately calculate the arena score of teams including a pair up Legendary and/or Duo Hero?  They have boosted BSTs, 175-185.  The calculator at arcticsilverfox (ex. http://tinyurl.com/teazk6d) has been my bread and butter, and it does let you manually alter a BST, but it doesn't affect the final arena score even when it should.  And there's this older equation (https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/6dun7r/arena_score_calculations/) but it doesn't seem accurate that a 10 BST boost would only equal 1 more point in your arena score.

Has anybody found another way?

I'm happy where I'm at oscillating between t20-21 (one more congratulations @Othin! it took me a long time to get to t21 and it's a great feeling) but with my OG units I know it's only a matter of months before they don't score high enough to stay where I'm at.  Therefore I'm looking into what current gen Legendaries and/or Duo Heroes I can invest into most accessibly to stay where I'm at.  And until I can accurately see what they will score, it's hard to do so.

This community seems to be noticeably more upbeat (gamefaqs is a bear pit) and I hope to stay awhile.  Thanks in advance for any help!

As far as I can tell, the reason BST adjustment doesn't work is that it's accounting for the legendary/duo BST already. If you bring in a normal Alfonse and a New Year's Alfonse, and hit "Load Max Score" for both, everything is the same except the New Year's Alfonse scores 6 points higher.

That said, this:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XF8AtQPzAIhyyW_fHHsbBd-Z2jWZM2rBwSkhWy8YeWk/edit#gid=816884480

looks like a spreadsheet utility that you can copy to your own Google Drive and play around with (sourced from this Reddit post). Notably, the first worksheet of that Google sheet references the arcticsilverfox calculator as the website version of the spreadsheet utility, so it's probably the same formulas (I didn't try digging into the arcticsilverfox code, though it does look like it's readily available through the browser console if you're into that). This is probably the closest thing to what you were originally looking for, but I kept poking around out of curiosity.

Another link on that sheet got me this: https://imgur.com/NycQzxt, which is an image that describes the formula.

Hope that helps (and welcome!).

Edited by LordFrigid

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys!  @LordFrigid I have to play around with the formula more to make sense of it but this is definitely my best lead by far.  And thank you @Humanoid in my head I was thinking unit score even as I was typing arena/team score, so that makes more sense.

I don't know if anyone who's in t27 AR wants to weigh in, but I'm guessing the vast majority of it is whale territory now.  And I'm guessing within 6 months t21 arena is going to be the same.  I don't see it getting better until they release more 3-4* armors.  I guess I'll start slowly building up Valbar and hope something changes, my grails are already locked up in 3 different projects.  Thanks again, good luck out there.  

Got 3,772, which should be good for my third trip to T21!  Usual BK/Naesala/Fae core, with Duo Alm as the bonus. Went smoother than my previous two times, I think, although BK has ended up as kind of dead weight.

Does Arena Assault become more difficult as time goes on for you guys? It is becoming increasing difficult to one round KO most infantry units nowadays due to their exclusive skills, BST almost on par with armours and lack of weakness against effective weaponry. It should be getting easier because I have more sacred seals, more merges and more units but in reality it isn't. 

2 hours ago, Icelerate said:

Does Arena Assault become more difficult as time goes on for you guys? It is becoming increasing difficult to one round KO most infantry units nowadays due to their exclusive skills, BST almost on par with armours and lack of weakness against effective weaponry. It should be getting easier because I have more sacred seals, more merges and more units but in reality it isn't. 

Not really. It has been about the same for me for a long time now. I still nuke things to death with Blade mages, and Reinhardt and Celica depending on the season, and if that does not work, I have a lot of Firesweep archers to fall back on. If anything, it got a little easier since I have almost 3 Firesweep archers per Legendary Blessing team now.

Maybe it depends on score range. I score around 724 to 730 for Team 1.

The most difficulty I have is just fishing for a decent score and an easy win for my Team 1 armor team. I still find armors to be complete shit, but I have not invested a lot in my armors either. But other than restarting a couple of times for Team 1, Arena Assault is pretty easy for Teams 2-7.

On 2/28/2020 at 6:52 PM, Icelerate said:

Depends of the season, honestly.

Yes, with the release of stronger units and powerful legendary and mythic heroes, Arena Assault is becoming more challening. However, the level of challenge will depend of the blessed units you have. In earth season, for example, I have the white wings, so I have the quad power. Most of my dancers have mythic blessings, since Light/Dark/Astra/Anima are always in the rotation. Pain+ healers are also important to have. Of course the blessed units will only matter if you try to get the blessing points (+1 for using a unit with the blessing of the season, max of +28 in a run).

I score 750-760 with my first team, and I try to get 756+ teams as my first one, so they can be challenging to deal with. My first team is pretty strong, with strong buffs and debuffs (all four chills), so I don't have problems with the first match... but the 2nd match and beyond can give me troubles.

I have Odin and Mae as buffers, I have two Bride Fjorms and two Valentine Silques, for light and astra so I can have one to use in every season, a bunch of blade tome units, strong red units to deal with W Sothis in case I need... always ready for everything,

Decided to revise my Arena Assault teams, taking out complicated setups in favor of loading up on my most powerful units that should be a lot more reliable at cutting through whatever it throws at them.

1. Valentine's Alm, Black Knight, Fae, Naesala
  2. Lif, Duo Ephraim, Legendary Lucina, Osian
  3. Ced, L'Arachel, Legendary Azura, Brave Alm
  4. Altina, Peony, Yune, Brave Camilla
  5. Tibarn, Nailah, Reyson, NY Selkie
  6. Larcei, Dancer Micaiah, Summer Lyn, Cecilia
  7. Soiree Ishtar, Fjorm, Thrasir, Eir

Certainly not perfect, but should make things go a bit smoother while still avoiding the hassle of constantly redoing teams.

The 730-740 range feels about the same as it has for a long time. My rank is creeping up slowly but I don't think that's as much a result of me scoring better as much as it is people dropping off from doing this mode. And I might be joining them for a while, not sure yet.

Team 1 is a +10 infantry team, but not one optimised for scoring. The rest are fundamentally cavalry or flier teams, but I'll sub in hard counters like Legendary Marth whenever it seems appropriate to do so.

10 hours ago, Othin said:

Certainly not perfect, but should make things go a bit smoother while still avoiding the hassle of constantly redoing teams.

Redoing teams is not that bad since you can just sort by Blessings, and I run the same general set up for Teams 2-7, with 1 or 2 Dancers/Singers per team along with a Firesweep nuke and some kind of raw damage nuke.

According to the datamine, the next bonus units after the current ones are:

Spoiler

ry07TYj.jpg

This group is not F2P friendly... At least Flame Emperor (who I will use) scores well, but I didn't expect the house leaders here.

Ugh... Just want to rant. Just feel super frustrated with my armor team. I fucking despise armor units, but they score well. They are absolute shit without high investment. Even with high investment, I am not sure if they are all that great with their crap mobility. I have to keep restarting over and over for Team 1 today. I made a few mistakes later in the steaks too, so I have to go back to using Team 1 and it is just long grind trying to find an easy team. Once I get over that piece of crap armor team, it is pretty smooth sailing, but getting over that crap team takes forever sometimes.

— — — — — — —

FInally done. I restarted about 3 or 4 times. Maybe I will time myself next time to see just how long I take to do Arena Assault. For Teams 2-7, the matches feel like they take about a minute at most. Team 1's matches feels like it takes forever. The win rate for Team 1 is probably like below 25% now, and that is not factoring the automatic surrenders.

Edited by XRay

After restarting AA after 3 or 4 attempts because I kept dying in match 2 or 3, I was able to do a AA run without Chroms appearing! That was a surprise for me, because Arena and AA were affected by the Chromronavirus.

On 3/12/2020 at 2:49 AM, XRay said:

Ugh... Just want to rant. Just feel super frustrated with my armor team. I fucking despise armor units, but they score well. They are absolute shit without high investment. Even with high investment, I am not sure if they are all that great with their crap mobility. I have to keep restarting over and over for Team 1 today. I made a few mistakes later in the steaks too, so I have to go back to using Team 1 and it is just long grind trying to find an easy team. Once I get over that piece of crap armor team, it is pretty smooth sailing, but getting over that crap team takes forever sometimes.

— — — — — — —

FInally done. I restarted about 3 or 4 times. Maybe I will time myself next time to see just how long I take to do Arena Assault. For Teams 2-7, the matches feel like they take about a minute at most. Team 1's matches feels like it takes forever. The win rate for Team 1 is probably like below 25% now, and that is not factoring the automatic surrenders.

What are the armor units that you use, just out of curiosity?

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

What are the armor units that you use, just out of curiosity?

Zephiel, Sheena, and Gwendolyn, who are all +5, and BB!Lyn as the healer who is +10.

The armors run exclusive/Slaying; Swap; Aether; Distant Counter; Quick Riposte; Ward Armor; Close Def / Atk/Res Bond / Def/Res Bond.

BB!Lyn has double Drive Res.

The armor units take heavy damage or just out right die to any Player Phase combat unit with an ounce of performance in their skill set.

Vengeful Fighter, merges, and Flowers will probably help a little, but I do not see it improving to the point where I can win 50% of the time. I think I have to switch to a dual phase armor team to have a decent win rate, but that is expensive and I do not see myself doing that any time soon when my focus is on Aether Raids right now.

F!Byleth is the literal most convenient pitybreaker of all time~

93xOGKw.png

FnAseHU.png

Screenshot is from yesterday so it's fluctuated a bit, at 1,419/2,687 as of this post~ Score is 3,780.

I was going nowhere with Sharena and F!Byleth happened to pitybreak me while trying for Lysithea which was like, best case scenario to be able to get a crown this week~

HlHAYCE.png

5 hours ago, Landmaster said:

I was going nowhere with Sharena and F!Byleth happened to pitybreak me while trying for Lysithea which was like, best case scenario to be able to get a crown this week~

HlHAYCE.png

1. Congrats! 2. Are you serious right now? F!Byleth also crashed my Lysithea pulls...with +HP/-Def. I used Ryoma as my bonus unit though

2 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

1. Congrats! 2. Are you serious right now? F!Byleth also crashed my Lysithea pulls...with +HP/-Def. I used Ryoma as my bonus unit though

I would have used Ryoma but an Elise may have eaten him a while ago

27 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Flame Emperor did a great job today in Arena.

When fully buffed with bonus unit stats and rallies, and when adjacent to Marth, Flame Emperor can have 68 HP, with 72 Atk, 46 Spd, 55 Def and 52 Res during combat.

Mine also did an amazing job. It will replace Est on my core team when able to get merges.

I really need to put together a new Arena core team -- MCorrin, Sheena, and Gwendolyn no longer seem to be doing well -- Legend Chrom seems to be the "straw that broke the camel's back" -- his weapon having armorkiller makes him much worse to fight than Legend Lucina is.

At least during Water season (which seems to be the hardest season now because of the highest amount of units getting extra actions per turn -- Chrom, Azura, Leif), it no longer seems possible for me to get into tier 21 and even staying in tier 20 is becoming a struggle if I try to take it easy on myself. Not to mention the increasing amount of duel crests needed to fish and win fights.

I'm aware that Legendary units are required for scoring well nowadays but alas, I want to be building my favorite units and I do not have the best of luck pulling on monthly banners.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Got 3,772, hopefully enough for my fifth crown! Continuing with my BK/Naesala/Jaffar core, with Legendary Hector joining this time as a second green armor.

Also got a sore hand. I should really start not doing all the battles at once. Searching for high-point matches is honestly more of a pain than the battles themselves - I didn't get a single loss this time.

1 hour ago, Landmaster said:

How high do the Dancing Skills Score?

Double stat dancing Skills (example: Deluge Dance) score 240 sp, which is the same as Renewal, Chill Skills, Ruse Skills or Fighter Skills.

Single stat dancind Skills (example: Torrent Dance) score 200 sp, which is the same as Breaker Skills, Brash Assault, Desperation or Vantage.