Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

On 3/18/2020 at 3:27 PM, Diovani Bressan said:

2020's new AA meta is pretty interesting. Maybe I should start to use these skills and seals:

Those random Dance skills and that Aether-Shield Pulse combo kind of triggers me. At least it is an easy team to kill.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Double stat dancing Skills (example: Deluge Dance) score 240 sp, which is the same as Renewal, Chill Skills, Ruse Skills or Fighter Skills.

Single stat dancind Skills (example: Torrent Dance) score 200 sp, which is the same as Breaker Skills, Brash Assault, Desperation or Vantage.

Wild, I may start killing some Silvias

Today Flame Emperor did his job very well again. Tier 21 is guaranteed this season.

I wonder if we will have a 3rd season with the current heroes, because the Spring Heroes could be with the Mythic Hero that will be released next week.

Pretty easy T21 for me, as well~

0pVI5BV.png?1

4SzRGxH.png?1

Didn't even have to fish too much, I'm going to miss Super Saiyan Annette when her rotation ends~

xEblVgC.png?1

4 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Today Flame Emperor did his job very well again. Tier 21 is guaranteed this season.

I wonder if we will have a 3rd season with the current heroes, because the Spring Heroes could be with the Mythic Hero that will be released next week.

I'm pretty sure they are having a 3rd week

• 2 weeks later...

For once, 3,772 didn't get me to the T21 threshold - would have only been enough to stay in T20. Fortunately I was using Legendary Hector as my bonus unit this time, and putting a fire blessing on Winter Jaffar made it easier than usual to get 744+ battles. Made it to 3,778, which should be safe for crown #6.

It was a good thing finding battles was easier than usual this time, because both of my successful runs came with a lot of failed ones.

I think this is the first time I made first place in Tier 21 of Arena. That must mean 774 (762 +12 from bonus kill) is the max possible score for a single battle. Now we wait to see how long until that number goes up from the ever increasing stats and score effects. lol

11HYcdC.png

Edited by Namero

11 hours ago, Namero said:

That must mean 774 (762 +12 from bonus kill) is the max possible score for a single battle. Now we wait to see how long until that number goes up from the ever increasing stats and score effects. lol

764 defense score is already possible, but only on water weeks (double Legend Chrom plus 2 185 bst units such as Winter Sothis or any Duo)

Zounds, I made a +10 Kronya only to find that even 3774 which isn't far too from my best ever score had been kicked out of the T21 promotion places by Friday. That was with normal, practical assists and specials, granted, and not much fishing. But also a bit dispiriting given I'd just burned 200k feathers for this. So if my T21 chances are going to slip farther and farther away over the coming months, I figure I'll at least go out and do it one last time given I have a team of four +10 units sitting right there.

Trying to score with 3-4* SP skills (tier 1 dual rallies and AoE specials) was more effort than I'd like normally and I failed multiple runs halfway through. Finally had a good streak late and crushed my high score with 3794. Given my reluctance to use 5* fodder, that's probably the limit for my Gen 1 units, and I don't want to do this again. I'd be lying, however, if I said it didn't feel good.

Team was Kronya, Marthed Mask, Nowi and Raven. Now to collect three more next-gen 3-4* merge projects so I can find a path forward...

Will be getting another crown thanks to L!Lucina. I did Wind Bless my team to make fishing easier and I'm starting to run low on them. I hope next rotation of her, Lyn, or L!Eliwood isn't for a while

6 hours ago, Rinco said:

What is the usual cutoff to stay on tier 21?

About 3830, though it's harder to pin down an exact figure these days as I don't think anyone is doing detailed data analysis on it anymore.

4 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

About 3830, though it's harder to pin down an exact figure these days as I don't think anyone is doing detailed data analysis on it anymore.

The Akariss discord has documents detailing every cutoff since crowns were a thing. TT, AA, AB, MS and AR. 

Arena is predicted to be 3834.

Got my usual 3,770 pretty fast with BK/Jaffar/Naesala/Bartre, but that seems to be a ways off from making it into T21 right now. I'm not even sure this team is capable of getting 744-point matches, I didn't see any during that run.

Got demolished by several cav teams and Wings of Mercy in Arena Assault. Gen I armors are fucking absolute shit in performance and scoring. I keep on getting matched with multiple teams in the low 720-722 instead of the usual 726-730.

And fuck CE!Chrom.

Edited by XRay

I underestimated my scoring range and wasn't even going to attempt to get into T21 this week, until I randomly saw a 744 come up during the course of doing random quest runs. So I decided I may as well push. Less secure than last time since I think I capped out at 746, but that was good for 3786. We shall see.

Legendary Marth +2
Oscar +10
Raven +10
Lilina +10

Team picked itself because they just happen to be in my default Fire team, no adjustment for blessings or skills required.

Edited by Humanoid

• 2 weeks later...

Since FE!Edelgard is a bonus unit, I used her over Anna to make getting bonus kills easier. FE!Edelgard is so much easier to use due to better combat performance and better mobility since she is not slowed down by forests.

21 hours ago, XRay said:

Since FE!Edelgard is a bonus unit, I used her over Anna to make getting bonus kills easier. FE!Edelgard is so much easier to use due to better combat performance and better mobility since she is not slowed down by forests.

I disagree. Legendary Edelgard theoretically can score high, but she sucks as a unit. I've tried to use her as my bonus and she just sucks ass. She dies to so much stuff because people make OP as shit units. A lot of the time, Edelgard gets doubled and killed or can't do enough damage in one hit.

In fact, arena sucks in general now because of this. I can no longer get win streaks without a crap ton of deaths or win streaks period. Brave Ike and NY Alfonse used to tank near everything and get me wins fairly easily, but now they die to a lot of shit too for some reason. Something needs to change, I'm sick of not being able to do much in this mode anymore.

Edited by Anacybele

7 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I disagree. Legendary Edelgard theoretically can score high, but she sucks as a unit. I've tried to use her as my bonus and she just sucks ass. She dies to so much stuff because people make OP as shit units. A lot of the time, Edelgard gets doubled and killed or can't do enough damage in one hit.

In fact, arena sucks in general now because of this. I can no longer get win streaks without a crap ton of deaths or win streaks period. Brave Ike and NY Alfonse used to tank near everything and get me wins fairly easily, but now they die to a lot of shit too for some reason. Something needs to change, I'm sick of not being able to do much in this mode anymore.

I do not care about her scoring potential. I just wanted to use a bonus unit I have that is not Anna. Getting kills with Anna is hard if the enemy team does not have a blue unit. Getting kills with FE!Edelgard is so much easier.

If FE!Edelgard is being doubled, you need to pay more attention to how you use her and which foe she is fighting, and make sure to read all her skills and enemy skills carefully. FE!Edelgard needs to be alone, so she is not your typical Enemy Phase unit that likes to cuddle up with other buffers and healers. She is not even an Enemy Phase unit to begin with, so I do not recommend using her that way unless you want to spend more resources overhauling her vanilla kit. She is a Player Phase unit first and foremost. She also should not be fighting anyone with Null Follow-Up either since they could bypass Aymr and kill her.

Arena is pretty easy in my opinion. I score above ranged cavalry teams, so most defense teams are a complete joke now. Arena gets easier the higher you climb because every unit is using shitty scoring skills. I use BH!Lyn to deal chip damage with Firesweep Bow, Cordelia to Galeforce, and Olivia to Dance around, and the whole team got Tactics buffs to turn Anna and Sharena into super tanks (I use Alfonse as a Player Phase melee unit, so he does not really need any buffs outside of Atk Tactic). Even with 6/6/6/6 buffs, getting kills with Anna is not always easy and sometimes it needs to be dragged out while she charges her Aether.

If BH!Ike is dying, make sure he is not facing anything red that can kill him. Without Close Call, Peonys, and BH!Lucina, he is not very different from most tanks. RS!Alfonse also is not invulnerable to everything, as he is still pretty weak to one shot nukes, slow Brave nukes, and foes with Null Follow-Up.

To be fair, of course it's easier to do arena when you have a dancer.  But for many that's not an option, either they missed out on L.Azura like me, or their Peony isn't maxed (I've been throwing orbs down every time she pops up but still only have +4).

I sympathize with @Anacybele bc even though L!Edelgard is a meta-changing unit, her C skill, just like Armor March, don't give as many points as a tier 4 skill.  To max your score, mobility becomes a huge issue.  So either you 1) make a full armor team which can kinda work but you're still sacrificing points from whichever unit(s) have Armor March and it gets awkward as soon as you have to break them up or 2) use a flier unit with a Guidance seal, and I've seen few flier units hold their weight in an arena team; even Aversa is better off in AR.

So hats off if you can score highly enough with a dancer but many of us can't.  Even when I tried to keep t21 with Nils I couldn't score highly enough and had to give him a tier 3 B skill in the end and use him like any other dragon.

But score is why I'm actually here, so I have to say a huge thank you to @Vicious Sal for the thresholds tip!!  I requested to join their t21-arena channel, is that where these docs live?  

On 5/6/2020 at 8:42 PM, XRay said:

I do not care about her scoring potential. I just wanted to use a bonus unit I have that is not Anna. Getting kills with Anna is hard if the enemy team does not have a blue unit. Getting kills with FE!Edelgard is so much easier.

If FE!Edelgard is being doubled, you need to pay more attention to how you use her and which foe she is fighting, and make sure to read all her skills and enemy skills carefully. FE!Edelgard needs to be alone, so she is not your typical Enemy Phase unit that likes to cuddle up with other buffers and healers. She is not even an Enemy Phase unit to begin with, so I do not recommend using her that way unless you want to spend more resources overhauling her vanilla kit. She is a Player Phase unit first and foremost. She also should not be fighting anyone with Null Follow-Up either since they could bypass Aymr and kill her.

Arena is pretty easy in my opinion. I score above ranged cavalry teams, so most defense teams are a complete joke now. Arena gets easier the higher you climb because every unit is using shitty scoring skills. I use BH!Lyn to deal chip damage with Firesweep Bow, Cordelia to Galeforce, and Olivia to Dance around, and the whole team got Tactics buffs to turn Anna and Sharena into super tanks (I use Alfonse as a Player Phase melee unit, so he does not really need any buffs outside of Atk Tactic). Even with 6/6/6/6 buffs, getting kills with Anna is not always easy and sometimes it needs to be dragged out while she charges her Aether.

If BH!Ike is dying, make sure he is not facing anything red that can kill him. Without Close Call, Peonys, and BH!Lucina, he is not very different from most tanks. RS!Alfonse also is not invulnerable to everything, as he is still pretty weak to one shot nukes, slow Brave nukes, and foes with Null Follow-Up.

To be fair, of course it's easier to do arena when you have a dancer.  But for many that's not an option, either they missed out on L.Azura like me, or their Peony isn't maxed (I've been throwing orbs down every time she pops up but still only have +4).

I sympathize with @Anacybele bc even though L!Edelgard is a meta-changing unit, her C skill, just like Armor March, don't give as many points as a tier 4 skill.  To max your score, mobility becomes a huge issue.  So either you 1) make a full armor team which can kinda work but you're still sacrificing points from whichever unit(s) have Armor March and it gets awkward as soon as you have to break them up or 2) use a flier unit with a Guidance seal, and I've seen few flier units hold their weight in an arena team; even Aversa is better off in AR.

So hats off if you can score highly enough with a dancer but many of us can't.  Even when I tried to keep t21 with Nils I couldn't score highly enough and had to give him a tier 3 B skill in the end and use him like any other dragon.

But score is why I'm actually here, so I have to say a huge thank you to @Vicious Sal for the thresholds tip!!  I requested to join their t21-arena channel, is that where these docs live?  

PS: Ah, sorry, still new here.  Is there no way to delete my previous post?  It took me two tries to figure out how to quote properly, I don't see any how-tos in the general forum page, just rules.

Edited by Stahlwart
I don't know how to delete my previous post

2 hours ago, Stahlwart said:

No problem! The doc is in the Arena T21 chat/ coliseum chat in the pinned posts.

Also, I use a dancer, I know Sing is suboptimal, but Reyson with G Duel and Guidance is amazing. He even heals as well.

Holy shit this week is cancer. Even sniping for 756 base score isn't enough to stay in tier 21, presumably due to Edelgard and Marth, meaning I'm stuck sniping even higher.

Well, at least Marth doesn't appear to exist in teams worth 760. I'm running Hardy Bearing on Idunn of all things to deal with him.