Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

On 5/9/2020 at 12:09 PM, Stahlwart said:

To be fair, of course it's easier to do arena when you have a dancer.  But for many that's not an option, either they missed out on L.Azura like me, or their Peony isn't maxed (I've been throwing orbs down every time she pops up but still only have +4).

I am bouncing between Tier 19 and Tier 20 with extremely little effort. Bouncing between Tier 20 and Tier 21 seems more hassle than it is worth since I have to give up using positioning Assists. I rather take in slightly less rewards than deal with the frustration of using shitty units and builds.

If the player cannot afford BH!Lyn, they can just use any cavalry archer like Rath or Python, and Cordelia or Reinhardt covering red will work. Outside of Aether/Galeforce, I have not run any skill for the sole purpose of score maximization. Firesweep Bow on BH!Lyn and Distant Counter on Olivia are the two most expensive skills, and Olivia does not even need Distant Counter, although I kept it on her in case I ever need her to deal with green ranged units.

If I can bounce between Tier 19 and Tier 20 running two ranged cavalry units and one Dancer/Singer, other players should have no trouble reaching Tier 19 and Tier 20 either.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The upcoming Season will be one of the tougher ones in a while. I've only got Eirika and Ashnard and either of them is pretty bad since they're both Red and my core already has 2 Swordies. Not particularly looking forward to it~

My score this season is 3,856, granting me the rank 360/1,083, keeping Tier 21. My team is OG Marth, Young Marth, Aversa and OG Soren (yep... using three red units), and they work very well together. 

Honestly... a pretty easy week. Young Marth made this season a joke. Next season, I will go with Ashnard, and I expect to be easy as well but I will accept demotion since there is no way to keep T21 with him. Climbing back is the easy though.

For next season, I may remove Aversa. I want OG Marth for the support, Young Marth for the armor kills and Soren to deal with blue foes.

On 5/9/2020 at 6:18 PM, Vicious Sal said:

Also, I use a dancer, I know Sing is suboptimal, but Reyson with G Duel and Guidance is amazing. He even heals as well.

That's one thing that I want to add to my Arena team soon: Reyson.

And I got the last copy that I needed today!

What is the build you use on him, and what IVs did you pick? I am between +Atk and +Spd...

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

My score this season is 3,856, granting me the rank 360/1,083, keeping Tier 21. My team is OG Marth, Young Marth, Aversa and OG Soren (yep... using three red units), and they work very well together. 

Honestly... a pretty easy week. Young Marth made this season a joke. Next season, I will go with Ashnard, and I expect to be easy as well but I will accept demotion since there is no way to keep T21 with him. Climbing back is the easy though.

For next season, I may remove Aversa. I want OG Marth for the support, Young Marth for the armor kills and Soren to deal with blue foes.

That's one thing that I want to add to my Arena team soon: Reyson.

And I got the last copy that I needed today!

What is the build you use on him, and what IVs did you pick? I am between +Atk and +Spd...

I have Hp as a boon for Ar defense maps. It helps vs Fjorm. I usually have WoM and Guidance, with a drive or so. 

After keeping T 21 by using Young Marth last season, I am accepting demotion this time. Next season I will be back to T 21 by using Ashnard.

For the following bonus heroes selection... I may go with Bride Micaiah.

• 2 weeks later...

Things are a bit less competitive at the top with Edelgard no longer as a bonus unit, but fishing for score is still a giant fucking pain the the ass. I spent 94 dueling swords to run a total of 13 matches. I'm pretty sure I spent more time playing press-the-give-up-button simulator than I did actually playing the game.

Seriously tempted to go reinstall Warframe just to go kill some things and get the violence out of my system, but I'm pretty sure my toaster of a computer would explode. I'll probably just settle for making some burgers for lunch.

EDIT: Oh, and having to run Hardy Bearing on Legendary Alm to deal with the stray Marth or Caeda is a pain in the ass. Also, Legendary Julia is bullshit.

Edited by Ice Dragon

First time I stayed in T21. I was surprised as I didn't check the rankings but it is extremely welcome. Mila this season scores similarly to Julia so I can maybe get another crown, T20 is guaranteed at least and I am fine with that. 

If I drop to 20 however will the crown be kept or I will lose it? Generally how do they work? 

Just now, SuperNova125 said:

First time I stayed in T21. I was surprised as I didn't check the rankings but it is extremely welcome. Mila this season scores similarly to Julia so I can maybe get another crown, T20 is guaranteed at least and I am fine with that. 

If I drop to 20 however will the crown be kept or I will lose it? Generally how do they work? 

The crown disappears from Feh's head and from the friends list, but each one is kept in your inventory to help keep count of how many weeks you've reached T21, and when you get there the next time the counter showed on the list continues from when you left off.

The max score I can get in Arena this season is 754 by using Bride Micaiah, but it's not worthy to try to keep T21. I also believe it's not enough as well. Accepting my demotion, knowing that will be very easy to return to T21 next season.

Meanwhile, today I did my AA run and, oh gosh... I got 5,280. That is probably the lowest score I got in a while! Well... doing a new AA run soon!

AB was very easy, now that I have Leif. The map is also very friendly.

Oboro is a god.

+10 Oboro [+Atk]
Oboro's Spear [unique]
Reposition
Aether
Close Def 3
Quick Riposte 3
Drive Def 2
Sturdy Stance 2

55+6 Def on enemy phase against melee opponents and 88+9 Atk against pesky armors. With it being Water and Wind season, all of the more annoying armors seem to be taking a break, and a lot of defense teams are using Astram, who gets completely shut down by her.

Running a balanced team this season with Legendary Leaf (+7) to snipe enemy Leafs and Micaiahs, Legendary Azura (+10) to get his ass out of there afterwards, and Surtr (+10) to help soften enemy Surtrs.

Currently have a score of 3,842 (4 runs of 756+12 and 1 of 758+12), which currently has me at rank 431 (1,136 to stay in Tier 21).

• 2 weeks later...

Double post because it's been 2 weeks.

Burned nearly all of my feathers to pump Draug up as much as possible and he absolutely did not disappoint.

+10 Draug [+Atk]
Stalwart Sword [unique]
Reposition
Aether
Distant Counter
Vengeful Fighter 3
Ward Armor
Mirror Stance 2

Setting up kills for him was a bit difficult since I kept getting matched up against opponents with blue- and Alm-heavy team compositions, but he's insanely bulky on the physical side and had little trouble baiting to charge up Aether. He also tanked a fully built Awakening Anna's Aether without much difficulty, so I'm pretty happy with his new weapon.

• 3 weeks later...

How's the 20>21 cutoff looking these days? I've been trying to aim for 744>756 matches, but they're a pain.

Edit: Got 3,778 and it's barely short of the cutoff, I'm currently rank 2,219 with a cutoff of 2,088. Argh.

Edit 2: 3,782 seemed to work, but now it's short again. Trying for 3,784 now.

Edit 3: Made it to 3,784 after spending at least 300 crests over this season, and that still didn't end up being enough. Ugh.

Edited by Othin

Got complacent just sticking with my score from the very start of the week and almost got demoted to T18, heh. Definitely within the last ~500 ranks of promotion to T20 so that was a bit silly in hindsight. It's what I get for not bothering to change the team from the previous week despite them now being out-of-season.

I think I may already have seen T21 for the last time now that I've pivoted away from spending most of my orbs on legendary banners. Without the scoring power of legendaries, my units just don't score enough to even consider a tilt at promotion at the moment.

EDIT: Well, this week might have made an instant liar out of me. I forgot I could field a +2 Alm as my bonus unit and I have a set of +10 Aether dragons already Earth-blessed, setting up essentially a perfect scoring opportunity. Got five 748 matches for an even 3800 score this week, although I absolutely despised every moment of it. I have developed a new hatred for Legendary Julia who ruined the vast majority of my runs, which she did through obvious reasons.

Edited by Humanoid

• 2 weeks later...

With a full +10 team of BK, Gwendolyn, Winter Jaffar, and Sheena, I got 3,846... which still isn't enough to stay in T21. I could try for slightly higher scores, but that seems like way more trouble than it's worth. This was already really lucky, getting max score on 3 of the 5 matches. 

Sheena certainly makes for a really fun bonus unit, though. 

• 2 weeks later...

I made tier 20 last time and got a deathless streak here, but I still can't stay in tier 20. 😕 The threshold for that or getting a crown must be so stupidly high that it requires all +10 armors. This is why I hate the BST factor.

6 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I made tier 20 last time and got a deathless streak here, but I still can't stay in tier 20. 😕 The threshold for that or getting a crown must be so stupidly high that it requires all +10 armors. This is why I hate the BST factor.

It's about 3800 to stay in T20 and 3810 to promote to T21.

3800 is my own high score and when I saw it wouldn't get me a crown (and more importantly, an extra orb), I decided to put the cue in the rack. The effort-vs-reward curve has gotten way beyond what I'm willing to invest.

Just now, Humanoid said:

3800 is my own high score and when I saw it wouldn't get me a crown (and more importantly, an extra orb), I decided to put the cue in the rack. The effort-vs-reward curve has gotten way beyond what I'm willing to invest.

Yeah, I suppose the same goes for me. Crown doesn't do anything but look pretty anyway.

3 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Last week i was T21 and a score of 3842 was demotion to T20. I may have been able to get 3846 with fishing but I was not going to bother.

water season has the highest threshold.

To get 3,800+, do you guys need Legendary Heroes to get it? Or can you just get by with just high BST and SP along with the Askr Trio?

52 minutes ago, XRay said:

To get 3,800+, do you guys need Legendary Heroes to get it? Or can you just get by with just high BST and SP along with the Askr Trio?

Well the only time I hit 3800 exactly was Legendary Alm+2 with the classical Aether dragon trio (Adult Tiki, Nowi, Fae) at +10. My other high scores fall a bit short of that but tend to follow similar patterns, or on rare occasions, a team of all +10 units with no legendary support.

This is of course based on my own cheapskate habits, where I refuse to use any premium fodder. My scoring optimisation only involves common 240sp skills, the basic dual rallies (non-plus versions) and AoE specials (unless I happen to be using a unit who genuinely benefits from Galeforce or Aether, I never do it just for score). I would never burn 20k feathers, let alone specifically summon for fodder, just for scoring.

(I've never used the Askr trio in arena, so no idea how that goes these days. Hell, my Alfonse and Anna are still 4-star)

3 hours ago, XRay said:

I've got to T21 with Askr Trio a couple times.

My core is Aversa, W!Cecilia and Flame Emperor (GHB one) all merged up and with high SP skills. My Askrs don't have high investment, tho.