Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

Just now, Othin said:

Nah, they broke the walls and moved forward on their own. I don't remember my own team using penalties.

That's nice. Being in AA allowed you to plan the best team to use against them.

If this one was in my first AA match my Aversa would affect how they move, for sure.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

I'm guessing people just use the General Discussion thread for this now, but how's AA this week for people? It's a little early, but I'm rank 2110 with an average score of 749.7. I haven't been keeping track of the other Weeks, but I'm usually high 2000's and drop to 3000's at this point. I'm wondering if people aren't bothering with it as much because of F!Edelgard and what not, I didn't bump into one thankfully.

2 weeks ago I tried to get a 2nd Young Tana, so Seteth could have Trace. I didn't go as expected.

However, I kept getting Lyons, both 4* and 5*. When I reached 8 copies, the mission changed from getting Trace skill to finish +10ing Lyon.

In the end, I managed to build a +10 Young Lyon that I used for these past 2 weeks. It was fun to keep Tier 21 for a while.

It seems like regular Arena fights are borderline impossible this week without pulling for and using Fallen Edelgard -- she seems borderline invincible to a lot of budget Arena core units.

EDIT: Got my deathless Arena run done though it still took several tries even after switching Alfonse's Prf weapon to Armorsmasher+; still had to contend with stuff like Ninja Lyn and such.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Waiting for the weekend for my arena run, but honestly can't think of a good counter for fedelgard. I don't have armor smashing units, I suppose i could level up Brave eliwood? I'm really hoping Claude and Lilina can carry me through this.

11 hours ago, Sil/phire said:

Waiting for the weekend for my arena run, but honestly can't think of a good counter for fedelgard. I don't have armor smashing units, I suppose i could level up Brave eliwood? I'm really hoping Claude and Lilina can carry me through this.

You want a Firesweeper, ideally an archer, but staff units work too. Firesweepers will counter pretty much any problematic enemy Arena throws at you.

For Arena, I used my own Fallen Edelgard to dal with her, but in future seasons i expect Young Marth to do the job.

I swapped Special Spiral for Null Follow-Up. My strat will be tanking her and damaging her with 2 attacks since NFU will allow Marth to double. And even if she survives the first combat, she will trigger her "Raging Storm" effect and act again, so Marth should kill her with vantage.

For AR, I used my Save Ball counter team againt her, which is Young Merric + Dancers and Mythics.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

• 2 months later...

So I threw Vika at the Arena this week as my bonus unit. She was a favorite of mine back in Radiant Dawn, so I decided to splurge a bit on her skills, giving her a spare Legendary Claude and Legendary Ryoma. I also ended up using her in this week's Resonant Battle (with a iceberg) since Stahl was the only physical enemy on the map.

+10+0 Pirate Vika [+Spd]
Ebon-Pirate Claw
Reposition
Galeforce
Atk/Spd Catch 4
Desperation 3
Atk/Spd Rein 3
Heavy Blade 3

She's okay. Just okay.

Her gigantic Spd and Res stats (and her weapon, Catch, and Rein all being active on both phases) make it extremely easy to just have her stand in front of mages and dragons, as long as you can make sure they can't land Ruptured Sky on you, and she had zero trouble dealing with Legendary Tiki, who was pretty common due to being a bonus unit this week, and the typical flying tome dancers.

My main issue with her is that Sabotage is just really, really unreliable. I really wish they would have given her Def/Res Menace on her weapon instead of Sabotage Def/Res (and then I definitely would have given her Atk/Spd Menace instead of Atk/Spd Rein), though I understand why they didn't. That said, it at least works decently well for dealing with the Rally ball stragglers with Galeforce if I can get her behind the enemy's lead unit.

I thought her low Def would have been a bigger problem, but it really wasn't too big of an issue. She had no trouble dealing with things like Astram and Caineghis, though anything stronger certainly becomes an issue. Legendary Seliph was a no-go.

Her Atk was enough to deal with everything except for actual physical tanks. She was 1 damage off from taking Caineghis out in one round after hitting him with her Sabotage (and he didn't have a guaranteed follow-up skill, so she was spared from taking damage from a second counterattack), which was pretty impressive. No dice against Legendary Chrom, though, or anything bulkier than that.

Since she mostly ended up sniping dragons and mages, Desperation ended up being unnecessary for the teams I actually fought against. I might switch her back to Sabotage Atk for next week.

• 1 month later...

Are people still trying for Arena Assault? I think that is the only competitive mode where my rank has crept up over time without much effort, so I assume that players are giving up the mode to focus on Arena and Aether Raids. In other modes, I feel like I have to regularly put in investment to maintain my rank, especially Aether Raids. In Arena, I have not made much investment into the mode until recently with tier 4 Duel skills, but I am still stuck in 19.5 for 99% of the time (I got some Crowns a few weeks ago; the last time I got Crowns that I remember before that was when Laevatein debuted, which is like eons ago), so I think people are still trying pretty hard for Arena.

While I did update my Arena Assault Team 1 from an all-armor team to a higher-scoring and easier-to-use all-Legendary team when I got my Dimitri: Savior King to +10 a while back, I noticed my ranking jumped about a thousand or so, but my ranking was already creeping up before and after the switch. When I played Arena Assault seriously at first, I think I was ranking around 8,000. Now, I am ranking close to being in the top 5,000, and I feel like I can actually break into the top 5,000 some time next year if more and more people give up playing perfectly or something.

Edited by XRay

16 hours ago, XRay said:

Are people still trying for Arena Assault? I think that is the only competitive mode where my rank has crept up over time without much effort, so I assume that players are giving up the mode to focus on Arena and Aether Raids. In other modes, I feel like I have to regularly put in investment to maintain my rank, especially Aether Raids. In Arena, I have not made much investment into the mode until recently with tier 4 Duel skills, but I am still stuck in 19.5 for 99% of the time (I got some Crowns a few weeks ago; the last time I got Crowns that I remember before that was when Laevatein debuted, which is like eons ago), so I think people are still trying pretty hard for Arena.

While I did update my Arena Assault Team 1 from an all-armor team to a higher-scoring and easier-to-use all-Legendary team when I got my Dimitri: Savior King to +10 a while back, I noticed my ranking jumped about a thousand or so, but my ranking was already creeping up before and after the switch. When I played Arena Assault seriously at first, I think I was ranking around 8,000. Now, I am ranking close to being in the top 5,000, and I feel like I can actually break into the top 5,000 some time next year if more and more people give up playing perfectly or something.

Sometimes I can get Top 1k, and I don't even have a high merged Legendary Hero. My Team 1 for Arena Assaur is Marth: Altean Prince (Duel 3), Marth: Legacied Hero, Boey: Skillful Survivor (Duel 4) and Lyon: Grado's Gaze.

Depending on the season, I can get Top 1k (right now I am rank 231 / 1000, with 5,317, but it's still the first day of the season) by only using my starting team and using all right blessed units for the rest of the run. Getting Top 3k is what I usually get when not wanting to put uch effort, and it's very easy to reach that.

The only issue you can have when aiming for high total score is getting a 758-760 score in the first match, and only get 748-750 for the remaining 6. That can ruin an entire run. But overall, easy to get Top 3k.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just broke into the top 5,000 in Arena Assault! Ranked 4,995 place! I did not think I would get into top 5,000 this soon. Maybe it is the new Summoner Duel mode that came out and that pulled a few hundred more players away.

• 3 months later...

High Arena Assault is now toxic as all fuck. About half of the teams above 760 have Duo Chrom on it, and since it's Water season, there's also Legendary Chrom, Leaf, and Azura to deal with. At least a quarter of the teams also have Duo Dagr with Pathfinder. It's such a pain in the ass.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I was worried my +5 Micaiah wouldn't make the cut in terms of scoring since I don't have any other bonus unit this week, but as it turns out, the 195 Duel effects on Duo Dagr and Duo Chrom and the exclusive Assist skills on Duo Chrom and Legendary Micaiah seemed to have made up for it.

Somehow, I feel like I shouldn't be surprised, though, since I completely forgot to put a blessing on Harmonized Edelgard last week after having her replace Idunn's slot and still managed to get my usual 764+ matches despite that.

The recent influx of Duo Chroms in the high Arena due to the Double Special Heroes banner is really annoying, though.

• 4 weeks later...

So, I just got to Arena Level 18. Is this where I have to start skipping matchups and restarting for any errors? It seems like it. Granted, I had a rare death on a screen so that may be the only thing keeping me below the top-40. I doubt I will ever get to 21 with the little units I have. Very few with merges. Very few without base builds. But it's fun to have gone up every single season.