Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

2 minutes ago, pianime94 said:

Julia, Eirika, Nino, and Sharena.

Nino and Julia are pretty easy targets in the hands of an AI. Julia more so. This is me speaking from experience against Nino's and Julia's. Right now it's too deep in swords and Takumi's to use multiple greens being controlled by AI (similar with Armors)

I'd say swap out at least Julia and put in another blue. Someone who can work pretty independent so the AI can't screw them up too much (Abel) or magic (Linde, Robin, etc.). The rest are multiple good Swords, good dragons, and Takumi's. It may seem predictable and people make teams focused on countering the current meta, but it still hurts like a truck and it can be hard to not lose one person with certain maps (split map, lava for some, etc.). You're bound to get someone eventually who can't handle your team on a particular map layout.

My defense team is 5* Robin, 5* Marth, 4* Olivia, and 4* Abel. It doesn't net a lot of wins but it does get a few high-scoring wins and that's good enough.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A symbolic achievement, but who really cares, I used my FOTM team here anyway.
6 intermediate wins and 1 beginner, because the seventh was led by a Takumi and I'm scared as hell of Takumis.

28yzPbo.jpg

Edited by Vaximillian

Did a quick run and got 4360 Offense this time. Will probably push for marginally higher because I'll be farming March quests using the safe team. Anyway, rankings:

• Ground Zero (3AM PST on Mar 1) - #7360

Starting this high leaves some concern about how far I'm going to get pushed into the 20k. Hopefully I won't get pushed past 30k, but I think the chances of that are fairly slim. Picked up a couple max defenses (252 versus a team lead by Azura and a 260 against one lead by Ephraim), as well, so I'm set there. Wish one of those could have gone back in time to get me my missed feathers from last week, though.

6 hours ago, Dual Dragons said:

Nino and Julia are pretty easy targets in the hands of an AI. Julia more so. This is me speaking from experience against Nino's and Julia's. Right now it's too deep in swords and Takumi's to use multiple greens being controlled by AI (similar with Armors)

I'd say swap out at least Julia and put in another blue. Someone who can work pretty independent so the AI can't screw them up too much (Abel) or magic (Linde, Robin, etc.). The rest are multiple good Swords, good dragons, and Takumi's. It may seem predictable and people make teams focused on countering the current meta, but it still hurts like a truck and it can be hard to not lose one person with certain maps (split map, lava for some, etc.). You're bound to get someone eventually who can't handle your team on a particular map layout.

My defense team is 5* Robin, 5* Marth, 4* Olivia, and 4* Abel. It doesn't net a lot of wins but it does get a few high-scoring wins and that's good enough.

Hmm, then I'll try setting 4* Robin, 5* Ryoma, 5* Seliph, and 4* Sharena for now. I think the reason for your win is Olivia since she's actually a pain to deal with.

After a magical run, I got up to 4372 offense. Better than previous weeks... but being Rank 9153 on day two makes me sad :(: (the rankings have definitely steepened...) Having leveled a recent Setsuna  to 40 helped get better stats (But it's hard with a team of 3 4*s and 1 5* (you've been doing the work Young Tiki... Narcian and Sully have done their part as well :P:)) I can't really complain about 5*s (I have 5 (one merged)... but why did each single one have to be red?).

Still wondering if the 4* Robin is better than 4* Setsuna (still leveling Robin) (my only options to deal with Takumi...)

Edited by Skala_Bundet

This is the first time I've completed an advanced 7-win streak with no deaths, and I find my score rather amusing:

Zphdxl0.png

As of right now, this offense score coupled with my defense score of 265 is rank 5,468. Kinda disappointing, really. Especially since it's still so early.

Offense Score: 4384 || Rank: 8321

I suffered two deaths using Marth (+RES, -DEF), Ryoma (+SPD, -ATT), Ephraim (+DEF, -RES), and Camilla (+RES, -DEF). My team's total stats are 682, so maybe that may be used as a comparison when being matched up against opponents. I usually seem to get 644 for max points per round, but sometimes I can earn more if the opponent fields an Armor or a Seliph.

I think I could get up to 4500+ by going Deathless and maybe I can achieve that this week. My personal goal is to be within the top 10,000 consistently for those 2k feathers. Any higher (top 5000) is likely whale territory with merged units.

Been toying with the idea of splitting my streak between my teams. That is, running 2-3 fights with my riskier-but-higher-point team, then finishing up with my safe team, leading to a 30-40-point bump. First few trials haven't turned out so well, though. The riskier team has mobility issues, which only serve to highlight how much my -Spd M!Robin fails to trade attacks efficiently (even as a +Def, against Takumi, he takes as much damage as a -Def because he's pretty much guaranteed to get doubled). Real frustrating stuff. Saving orbs hoping to pull a good mage once Nino's banner hits.

Anyway, score update for 4360 Offense:

• Ground Zero (3AM PST on Mar 1) - #7360
  • 12 Hours Later - #9780

Ouch. Pretty grim drop there. I never expected to stay in the top 10k, but still.

On 28-2-2017 at 8:23 PM, Armend said:

My day 1 score: 4512  Rank: 1095

Don't think I even wanna aim higher this week.  Gotta hate this broken system =D

Day 2: 4512 is good for rank ~#2500

Did another run, because of the new March quest. Surprisingly made a flawless run with this team:

IMG_6670.PNG.d583a148c6d05ab2d5871ae675c4f761.PNG

Good for rank #791

Struggling on arena defense right now, against my expectations. Would say it's a pretty annoying team to run into.

IMG_6671.PNG.09f1e162cd93aeecc17657eda131f5bf.PNG 

Alrighty, put together a score of 4580, currently sitting at Rank 545 as of the last update. Probably not going to stay top 1k like last week, unfortunately, as I had only just squeaked by on 4592. Still, I'll be perfectly satisfied if I can stay under 5k. This is probably the last week I'll be able to do it too, at least for the foreseeable future.

Scraped together a few Defensive wins too, with the highest at 269.

Edited by LordFrigid

17 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

A symbolic achievement, but who really cares, I used my FOTM team here anyway.
6 intermadiate wins and 1 beginner, because the seventh was led by a Takumi and I'm scared as hell of Takumis.

FOTM, what is that?

3 hours ago, Armend said:

Day 2: 4512 is good for rank ~#2500

Did another run, because of the new March quest. Surprisingly made a flawless run with this team:

IMG_6670.PNG.d583a148c6d05ab2d5871ae675c4f761.PNG

Good for rank #791

Struggling on arena defense right now, against my expectations. Would say it's a pretty annoying team to run into.

IMG_6671.PNG.09f1e162cd93aeecc17657eda131f5bf.PNG 

For defense, replace ryoma or lucina with a ranged unit or another blue like Abel. Two swords is not very good for defense.

On 3/1/2017 at 10:10 PM, Vaximillian said:

Flavour of the month. I mean, Catria is a bonus character here.

That makes a lot of sense. You have no other good units to use? 2 brave weapons seems a little high risk high reward, but hey, I guess it works for you right?

On a side note; here is my score. Probably gonna do another go but my 4 star Catria is seriously holding on to my leg and dragging me down. She is basically useless as she can barely take reds on by herself. Oh well I can always try again. I can actually try saving my score and crests cause as you can see by the picture, my goal is basically complete hee hee ;) 

Edited by Arcanite

My Offense score of 4451 is good for Rank 5639 as of today.  I'm surprised it dropped so low so quickly.  Maybe people are doing more Arena to get the March missions out of the way or something.

I was handed my first loss in a couple weeks mostly due to bad starting positioning, but it was after I got my 4451, so if that's the score I end up with, I'll be fine.  I got a couple Defense Wins, so any Feathers I get from Ranking I'll consider a bonus.  Since there's no real Arena quests this month, I'm not really motivated to burn a lot of Crests, trying to get a slightly better score, since 4451 was me just having one death.

I've already got Est trained to level 40, so if she's a Bonus Character next session, I guess I could try using her.  Too bad she's not that great.

1 hour ago, Korath88 said:

For defense, replace ryoma or lucina with a ranged unit or another blue like Abel. Two swords is not very good for defense.

I'll try replacing lucina with abel than. My Jeorge is +def -att =\. 

2 hours ago, Arcanite said:

That makes a lot of sense. You have no other good units to use? 2 brave weapons seems a little high risk high reward, but hey, I guess it works for you right?

Basically, they leveled together since lvl 1.

This is my whole current roster:

yBf84fr.jpg

Maybe I should replace Raven with Merric, or Ogma with Corrin or Marth. Wrys is a wonderful healer though with his Rehabilitate, and I've got a 4⋆ Lissa yesterday (whom I unlocked Rehab as soon as I could, at lvl 18), and Raven does a great job with Robin, Nowi, or Sharena.

Day 1: 4,368 offense; rank 2,672 (4:30AM PST)
            4,368 offense; rank 3,883 (5:49PM PST)
Day 2: 4,368 offense; rank 8,891 (10:28PM PST)

While I could have hopes of staying the top 10K... no. Will be fine with the same floor as the last season.

So this is my first foray into advanced arena, with Lissa to tank my overall rating a bit to try and game the system.
5 advanced wins, 2 intermediate:

Nh4Hhrx.jpg

Takumi ruins my deathless runs. Takumi is hilarious. Fuck Takumi.

Current high score: 4,138
Current rank: 28,055

It's better than last week's score, partially because Olivia's a rarity higher, and partially because of one less death.  Will attempt to break 4,200 with my team (Odin, Olivia, Young Tiki, Raven).

Dropped from 13,989 to 45,397 with my current score of 3,954. Looking for some suggestions for offense if someone doesn't mind.

This is my current offense team, I'm thinking of replacing Camilla with Abel to help deal with Takumi, greens will be a problem since Olivia isn't the greatest character to combat greens.

Spoiler

ly8uDEL.png

Edited by Fei Mao

20 hours ago, Raven said:

This is the first time I've completed an advanced 7-win streak with no deaths, and I find my score rather amusing:
As of right now, this offense score coupled with my defense score of 265 is rank 5,468. Kinda disappointing, really. Especially since it's still so early.

Congratz Raven!  That first 7 win no death streak was sickly sweet for me, it felt so good.

I've been pushed back some but I think I'll hold in the top 5000 again this week.  
Offense ~ Rank
4550 ~ 387 (Day 1)
4550 ~  1,772 (Day 3)

My defense is still struggling, I usually get one or two clears at the end of the week but my current composition is just too easy to clear.  Cordelia is easily baited and two reds gets squashed.  I'm thinking about moving to Cordelia, Nino, F-Corrin, and Hector.  That would put my composition as double blue/double green, and hopefully Nino would pull Cordelia back allowing Corrin to engage first with Hector and Cordelia following near the same time.

3 hours ago, Fei Mao said:

Dropped from 13,989 to 45,397 with my current score of 3,954. Looking for some suggestions for offense if someone doesn't mind.

yep, create a new account and roll until you get two good S/SS units (optimal: lucina, hector, effie is not mandatory cuz can rolled at 4*). Then play offense arena.

I rolled over 80 times and no hector Q___Q. But I got lucina, effie with perfect ivs.