Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

Because this was the last season I'd have a chance to use this team and because this season is probably the last time I'll have a team with a bonus character this decked out, I decided to go full whale both decking out the team and fighting only the highest-score opponent I could find.

Spoiler

X8FQjhS.jpg

Tier 20:

Score: 5,180 (728-740)
Defense: 596 (6)

Offense team:

+10 Tharja [+Spd, -HP] (Rauðrblade+, Ardent Sacrifice, Aether, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Hone Spd 3, S Fortify Res 1)
+10 Bride Caeda [+Spd, -Atk] (Blárblade+, Ardent Sacrifice, Aether, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Hone Spd 3, S Attack +1)
+10 Ninian [+Spd, -Res] (Lightning Breath+, Dance, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Escape Route 3, Fortify Dragons, S HP +3)
+10 Fae [+Atk, -Def] (Lightning Breath+, Reciprocal Aid, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Fortify Dragons, S Speed +1)

Obviously, this is my personal best, and I'm probably not beating this for a very long time. I was supposed to merge my Bride Caeda into a new [+Spd, -HP] base, but I got impatient and decided [+Spd, -Atk] was more than enough to get by and didn't feel like training up the new base. I'll do that soon, though, since I do need to clean up my barracks a bit.

I really do have to give some props for the one opponent I was spamming, someone named わぁい, for having an impressive team, even if it was absurdly easy to beat:

+10 Sheena [+Spd, -Def] (Hammer+, Rally Atk/Spd, Aether, Distant Counter, Wings of Mercy 3, Attack Ploy 3, S HP +3)
+10 Draug [+Spd, -HP] (Armorslayer+, Rally Atk/Spd, Aether, Distant Counter, Wings of Mercy 3, Goad Armor, S Quickened Pulse)
+10 Hector [+Spd, -Def] (Armads, Rally Atk/Spd, Aether, Life and Death, Hit and Run, Panic Ploy 3, S Speed +1)
+10 Effie [+Spd, -Def] (First Bite+, Rally Atk/Spd, Aether, Distant Counter, Wings of Mercy 3, Drive Def 2, S Breath of Life 1)

Armors aren't the only things up at the top anymore, after all.

Edited by Ice Dragon
Forgot to put numbers on the Wings of Mercy.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I really do have to give some props for the one opponent I was spamming, someone named わぁい, for having an impressive team, even if it was absurdly easy to beat:

+10 Sheena [+Spd, -Def] (Hammer+, Rally Atk/Spd, Aether, Distant Counter, Wings of Mercy 3, Attack Ploy 3, S HP +3)
+10 Draug [+Spd, -HP] (Armorslayer+, Rally Atk/Spd, Aether, Distant Counter, Wings of Mercy 3, Goad Armor, S Quickened Pulse)
+10 Hector [+Spd, -Def] (Armads, Rally Atk/Spd, Aether, Life and Death, Hit and Run, Panic Ploy 3, S Speed +1)
+10 Effie [+Spd, -Def] (First Bite+, Rally Atk/Spd, Aether, Distant Counter, Wings of Mercy 3, Drive Def 2, S Breath of Life 1)

His team seems deliberately designed to give easy wins, if only because his score is inflated as all hells thanks to his ultra-expensive, but inferior skills.

To be perfectly honest, I have no idea what's the point of having a high score defense team, at least, not if it wasn't a good team as well.

Also, +Spd Effie, Sheena, holy hells. What is with peple up there and their obsession with +Spd for no real reason?

3 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

His team seems deliberately designed to give easy wins, if only because his score is inflated as all hells thanks to his ultra-expensive, but inferior skills.

To be perfectly honest, I have no idea what's the point of having a high score defense team, at least, not if it wasn't a good team as well.

Also, +Spd Effie, Sheena, holy hells. What is with peple up there and their obsession with +Spd for no real reason?

It looks to me that his team expects to fight primarily against armors, hence why half of them have armor-effective weapons. Probably didn't get the notice that armors no longer pad your score anymore.

The +Spd is there to allow him to double attack the common -Spd builds for armors that rely on Quick Riposte.

Honestly, it's an anti-meta team for the meta from two months ago, where the only way you'd make it up there would have been a team of armors. Unfortunately for him, that meta is no longer relevant since you can now get your score up into that range with no armors at all.

Alright, finished fishing for higher scores, which got me to 4834, a personal best. I'm curently ranked  2080 in tier 19, where the best 2361 will go up to tier 20. I'm a little closer to the cut off then I imagined, so I really hope I manage to reach tier 20. I'm pretty sure I'll be back in tier 19 soon enough though.

My team was: 5* Sharena (QR2, Luna), 5* Ryoma (vantage 3, reposition), 5* Hector (vantage 3, swap), 5* Reinhardt +1 (DB3, draw back).

Also managed to get two defence wins, so that's one less thing to worry about.

9 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Because this was the last season I'd have a chance to use this team and because this season is probably the last time I'll have a team with a bonus character this decked out, I decided to go full whale both decking out the team and fighting only the highest-score opponent I could find.

Reveal hidden contents

X8FQjhS.jpg

Tier 20:

Score: 5,180 (728-740)
Defense: 596 (6)

Offense team:

+10 Tharja [+Spd, -HP] (Rauðrblade+, Ardent Sacrifice, Aether, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Hone Spd 3, S Fortify Res 1)
+10 Bride Caeda [+Spd, -Atk] (Blárblade+, Ardent Sacrifice, Aether, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Hone Spd 3, S Attack +1)
+10 Ninian [+Spd, -Res] (Lightning Breath+, Dance, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Escape Route 3, Fortify Dragons, S HP +3)
+10 Fae [+Atk, -Def] (Lightning Breath+, Reciprocal Aid, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Fortify Dragons, S Speed +1)

Obviously, this is my personal best, and I'm probably not beating this for a very long time. I was supposed to merge my Bride Caeda into a new [+Spd, -HP] base, but I got impatient and decided [+Spd, -Atk] was more than enough to get by and didn't feel like training up the new base. I'll do that soon, though, since I do need to clean up my barracks a bit.

Congrats on reaching rank 1 mate, your team is looking even more ridiculous then usual. Are you now finally gonna stop bullying those poor armour units?

47 minutes ago, ignis_z said:

how many points are needed for tier 20?

I imagine you'd need at least something around my current score, although it even that might not be enough.

26 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Alright, finished fishing for higher scores, which got me to 4834, a personal best. I'm curently ranked  2080 in tier 19, where the best 2361 will go up to tier 20. I'm a little closer to the cut off then I imagined, so I really hope I manage to reach tier 20. I'm pretty sure I'll be back in tier 19 soon enough though.

My team was: 5* Sharena (QR2, Luna), 5* Ryoma (vantage 3, reposition), 5* Hector (vantage 3, swap), 5* Reinhardt +1 (DB3, draw back).

Also managed to get two defence wins, so that's one less thing to worry about.

Congrats on reaching rank 1 mate, your team is looking even more ridiculous then usual. Are you now finally gonna stop bullying those poor armour units?

I imagine you'd need at least something around my current score, although it even that might not be enough.

Then i cant i dont have any 40 + i only can win 4790...

Well, after two breaks from Arena since I didn't have a focus unit ready, I finally done it this morning with Lloyd (4*, lvl35, Darting Blow 2) replacing Hana.

Got a 4540 score, 8880th at tier 16. I think that's enough to rank up.

Fought a +5 (?) Felicia, +4 Ryoma and +10 Hana with Olivia. All of them had Fury (except Olivia I think). Felicia's Windsweep managed to catch me off-guard in preventing Distant Counter from Hector, and Ryoma did too much damage to Xander. So much for deathless in this run.

Managed to win in the end with only Hector vs Olivia, and only because Hector had Bonfire charged up.

These merges are really annoying me though.

Edited by mcsilas

Improved my score to 4844 rank 1884 with some heavy fishing. I'm not going to be able to improve further. Hopefully this will get me to tier 20, otherwise I'm outta luck. I had a previous streak that got ruined because of horse emblem on the lava map. I swear it's impossible to win against them on that map, especially since they had a dancer....

I've really been slacking on the updates this week it's probably the apathy...

Anyway, 5086 (T19):

6am PDT 6/14: 12

~7am PDT 6/17: 31

Teams faced detailed in the previous post. Highest def score is still 586. Cutoff to bump up to T20 is 2362, so looks like I'm going back.

The tiering system has taken away a lot of my motivation to do well in the arena. With only one rank threshold to worry about, it's so common for it to either be a threshold I can easily reach without even needing a deathless run or a threshold I can't reach no matter how well I do so there's no point in trying. 

Tier 19 score of 4856 (New career high! No deaths; no surrenders; 690, 696, 692, 698, 690, 690, 700; Nowi +2, Sharena 5*, Eirika, Nino +3):

• Jun 15 12:35AM PT - #703 (/2271 to Tier 20)
  • Jun 15 4:00PM PT - #1104 (/2305 to Tier 20)
  • Jun 16 4:00PM PT - #1387 (/2346 to Tier 20)
  • Jun 17 4:15PM PT - #1684 (/2370 to Tier 20)

I predict this'll come down to something like #2250-2300/2400 if things remain steady. If there's a burst of people getting better scores, though, I could easily get pushed out. Snagged three more defense wins overnight. One of them has an Ike with a vanilla Brave Sword as the castle rep.

3 hours ago, Othin said:

The tiering system has taken away a lot of my motivation to do well in the arena. With only one rank threshold to worry about, it's so common for it to either be a threshold I can easily reach without even needing a deathless run or a threshold I can't reach no matter how well I do so there's no point in trying. 

This is where I'm at.  I'm currently sitting at 4709 or something with one death, which is not exactly a great score for me, yet it is more than good enough to promote to tier 18 again.  Perhaps they need to introduce more reward thresholds within each of the higher tiers -- say, three different thresholds for both promotion and demotion with varying orb/feather rewards.  Just something to incentivize play when promotion/demotion is obvious.  

3 hours ago, Othin said:

I don't actually mind that too much, to be honest.

Arena not being ultra-competitive is only a problem if there isn't other things to do, and TT---as well as the possibility of other special game modes in the future---provide plenty. (Legion GHB is also damn fun, especially considering other GHBs will probably also have Inferno.)

11 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Fought a +5 (?) Felicia, +4 Ryoma and +10 Hana with Olivia. All of them had Fury (except Olivia I think). Felicia's Windsweep managed to catch me off-guard in preventing Distant Counter from Hector, and Ryoma did too much damage to Xander. So much for deathless in this run.

Managed to win in the end with only Hector vs Olivia, and only because Hector had Bonfire charged up.

These merges are really annoying me though.

Xander vs Ryoma is bad yeah. Ryoma is really just that good >.<, If i attack Ryoma with my Camus (Blue) my Camus survives with 15 HP and Ryoma is still alive orz -_-

also still no Defense Team win ¬.¬

Nothing but Bridge and Lava maps this week.  What have I done to anger you Heroes?

I'm at score 4842, with rank of 2303 in Tier 19.  The cut-off is 2389, so I'm probably going to get bumped down, unless I'm really lucky.  I don't think I can get a higher score, without blowing a bunch of Crests to fish for higher scores.

I guess my lot will be to bounce between 17-19.  I wish we went back to the old way, when you're just trying to do your best on a given week.  At least we have Tempest to make teams for now.

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I wish we went back to the old way, when you're just trying to do your best on a given week.  At least we have Tempest to make teams for now.

But you still are trying to do your best on a given week, what exactly is so different?