Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

Forgive, is there any guide on how to earn more points in the coliseum in accordance with the bst?Im  removing Nino by Fae and they are giving me the same points, I do not understand, because Fae has many more bst than nino.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, ignis_z said:

Forgive, is there any guide on how to earn more points in the coliseum in accordance with the bst?Im  removing Nino by Fae and they are giving me the same points, I do not understand, because Fae has many more bst than nino.

BST started mattering a lot less after the arena revamp some time ago. The actual formula they use to calculate the score of teams isn't released (at least I think it isn't), but more skills, higher rarities and more expensive skills do help to improve your score.

38 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

BST started mattering a lot less after the arena revamp some time ago. The actual formula they use to calculate the score of teams isn't released (at least I think it isn't), but more skills, higher rarities and more expensive skills do help to improve your score.

I  changing my ike with wuick riposte 2 and selene for sword 3 and aether and nothing? :(

Gah, that stinking boat map!!!

I thought I had a deathless run even with it, and then WoM Minerva appeared out of nowhere. There was literally nothing I could have done, since there's no room to manoeuvre and that other unit needed to be killed but urgh.

This set of maps is the complete worst :( 

8 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Gah, that stinking boat map!!!

I thought I had a deathless run even with it, and then WoM Minerva appeared out of nowhere. There was literally nothing I could have done, since there's no room to manoeuvre and that other unit needed to be killed but urgh.

This set of maps is the complete worst :( 

I tend to kill the WoM units or dancer of the oponnent first, with repositioning etc. Once I got rid of them i go for the other units, because it elminates any form of surprise.

6 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I tend to kill the WoM units or dancer of the oponnent first, with repositioning etc. Once I got rid of them i go for the other units, because it elminates any form of surprise.

You can't on the boat map... Or, at least, I can't. She was in the corner >.<

I heard that armor emblem teams are popular in high ranking arenas. What champs and builds are they running? I'm figuring Effie which I don't have. Just curious about the SI it takes. Only blue one I have is Gwendolyn. 

Its great when someone puts the dancer as one of the first slots and everyone else has support slots. Makes predictions so much easier as she'll almost always move first. Also faced horse emblem today. Almost messed up when enemy Olwen lived with 1 hp from Nino. But thankfully enemy Eldigan used reposition which allowed me to kill both him and Olwen on my turn. 

4 minutes ago, Sleypnyr said:

I heard that armor emblem teams are popular in high ranking arenas. What champs and builds are they running? I'm figuring Effie which I don't have. Just curious about the SI it takes. Only blue one I have is Gwendolyn. 

Armor emblem isn't as prevalent as it was before. People typically use armors to boost up their score a bit due to armors having a high BST. You typically don't see many full armor teams used on offense teams anymore as BST isn't weighted too heavily. Lots of people can get into tier 20 without the use of armor emblem. Though you might need a merge or two. I'm not too familiar with armor builds as I absolutely abhor thier one movement restriction so I'll leave that to someone else. 

New score of 5044, guess I just got lucky on the rolls when I was running Caeda over Eirika, because she should have caused a point drop lol.

Rank is 203, with the cutoff at 836.

Teams faced:

Spoiler

U3nH0JK.png

Highest Def score is still 584.

~

19 minutes ago, Sleypnyr said:

How high ranking are you talking? Even for the weeks when the Bride characters were bonus heroes (hanging around the 726-736 point range, usually), I didn't see many armor teams. They do exist, but idk if I'd call them popular.

That said, here are the armor teams I've seen:

Spoiler

IVrvAmn.png

It's...not a great sample size lol (had to dig all the way back to S15 for that 2nd one). I've run into that first one at least 10 times though, with some minor changes in some instances (once, as was noted when I posted the "teams faced" image, Zephiel was running the Spd +1 Seal) =P .

Edited by LordFrigid

I love going up against Armor teams. It is so easy to bait them in and pick them off one by one.

Well my ranking has plummeted in the last 24 hours. I'm definitely going down to Tier 19 at the end of the week.

If I really wanted to, I could promote a couple 4* Nowis to merge onto my +2 Nowi and I could eat my Chrom and Lucina for their Aethers but I'm not willing to sacrifice all of that to stay in Tier 20.

1 hour ago, LordFrigid said:

New score of 5044, guess I just got lucky on the rolls when I was running Caeda over Eirika, because she should have caused a point drop lol.

Rank is 203, with the cutoff at 836.

Teams faced:

Reveal hidden contents

U3nH0JK.png

Highest Def score is still 584.

~

How high ranking are you talking? Even for the weeks when the Bride characters were bonus heroes (hanging around the 726-736 point range, usually), I didn't see many armor teams. They do exist, but idk if I'd call them popular.

That said, here are the armor teams I've seen:

Hide contents

IVrvAmn.png

It's...not a great sample size lol (had to dig all the way back to S15 for that 2nd one). I've run into that first one at least 10 times though, with some minor changes in some instances (once, as was noted when I posted the "teams faced" image, Zephiel was running the Spd +1 Seal) =P .

Thanks for the information, the cost of those teams is quite large. That player is obviously a whale, I was just curious as to what they looked like. I'm rank 18, running just my team I randomly shoved together. I just keep hitting the character cap of 200, so trying to find useful teams so I can burn units. Most of the teams I run are already fully built out, just trying to setup some other to dabble with. Considering a Armor Emblem or FLier Emblem (Don't have a Hinoka or a S Camilla..so I know flier is problematic.)

Tier 20 score of 4848 (no deaths; no surrenders; 692, 692, 688, 690, 702, 692, 692; Nowi +2, Eirika 5*, Nino +4, Athena):

• Jun 22, 11:30AM - #1279 (/842 to stay)

Yeeeeep, that's about as expected. Unless I spend a ton of crests hunting for 700+ for every match, I have zero chances of staying in (and even then, I'd be skeptical of 4900 being enough). Given that there were just below 2200 people ahead of my 4856 score last week in entering Tier 20 and that a few hundred were already here, even if I managed the same score, the cut-off would need to be around a gargantuan 2500 ranks for me to stay in. I do have an additional merge, so I should theoretically be able to get a bit higher than what I had, but I doubt it'll be enough. I'll basically just do my matches and see where things land as the week progresses.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I've picked up seven wins thus far, six of which came after I deployed the Reinbow Pulse (the first one I got was while I was still heavily doing Tempest, so he had Atk +1 while Nowi had my Quickened Pulse).

Edited by Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi

Has 4800 made it up from Tier 18 to Tier 19 on previous weeks?

My cavalry team apparently has an even bigger score drop from my previous team than I expected, and my old team is having trouble getting a deathless win.

55 minutes ago, Othin said:

Has 4800 made it up from Tier 18 to Tier 19 on previous weeks?

My cavalry team apparently has an even bigger score drop from my previous team than I expected, and my old team is having trouble getting a deathless win.

Last season I had a rank of around 2500 (out of some 8500 that advanced) with a score of 4815 in tier 18.

When my Nino was in training, I was running the Beginner class, and I noticed a lot of different defence teams to the ones I see in Advanced. Does anyone know what determines whether you're a Beginner, Intermediate, or Advanced class?

If it's manipulatable, I reckon the goal for making a good Defence team is to aim for being in Advanced purely because most people who will surrender after one death run Advanced.

1 hour ago, Xaos Steel Wing said:

Last season I had a rank of around 2500 (out of some 8500 that advanced) with a score of 4815 in tier 18.

Hmm, that may bring me some hope. I have 4806 and right now I'm sitting at rank 1147. My rank is slowly dropping every day though, but maybe it'll be good enough...

13 hours ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Tier 20 score of 4848 (no deaths; no surrenders; 692, 692, 688, 690, 702, 692, 692; Nowi +2, Eirika 5*, Nino +4, Athena):

• Jun 22, 11:30AM - #1279 (/842 to stay)

Yeeeeep, that's about as expected. Unless I spend a ton of crests hunting for 700+ for every match, I have zero chances of staying in (and even then, I'd be skeptical of 4900 being enough). Given that there were just below 2200 people ahead of my 4856 score last week in entering Tier 20 and that a few hundred were already here, even if I managed the same score, the cut-off would need to be around a gargantuan 2500 ranks for me to stay in. I do have an additional merge, so I should theoretically be able to get a bit higher than what I had, but I doubt it'll be enough. I'll basically just do my matches and see where things land as the week progresses.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I've picked up seven wins thus far, six of which came after I deployed the Reinbow Pulse (the first one I got was while I was still heavily doing Tempest, so he had Atk +1 while Nowi had my Quickened Pulse).

My score of 4886 is rank #1078 right now. I really don't think 4900 will be enough to stay either. I'm not even going to bother to waste my Dueling crests to fish for 700+ matches.

Not to mention, I see 694s all the time but I have never seen a 704 and I have only seen a 702 once. I wish the score for your opponents wasn't random. Just give me the maximum possible score dammit!

1 minute ago, Hawk King said:

My score of 4886 is rank #1078 right now. I really don't think 4900 will be enough to stay either. I'm not even going to bother to waste my Dueling crests to fish for 700+ matches.

Not to mention, I see 694s all the time but I have never seen a 704 and I have only seen a 702 once. I wish the score for your opponents wasn't random. Just give me the maximum possible score dammit!

Dude plis, for win more than 690 do you need 40 + unites and skills in level 3? im changin my ike selene for aether and swrodbreaker 3 for quick riposte 2 and nothing always the same.

1 minute ago, ignis_z said:

Dude plis, for win more than 690 do you need 40 + unites and skills in level 3? im changin my ike selene for aether and swrodbreaker 3 for quick riposte 2 and nothing always the same.

Skills and weapons that cost higher SP will improve your scores in the arena. Also you want all of your characters at Lv40 and 5* if possible. And the more merges the higher your scores will go.

Ike wants to keep his Aether and Heavy blade skill because they have a high SP cost.

And remember, it is the base SP cost. Just because an inherited skill costs 300 SP for the 3rd level, it is still counted as having an SP cost of 200 for arena purposes.

8 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

When my Nino was in training, I was running the Beginner class, and I noticed a lot of different defence teams to the ones I see in Advanced. Does anyone know what determines whether you're a Beginner, Intermediate, or Advanced class?

If it's manipulatable, I reckon the goal for making a good Defence team is to aim for being in Advanced purely because most people who will surrender after one death run Advanced.

I'm pretty sure it's determined by how the game ranks your team (so what score people get for defeating your team). Beginner has teams with a lower score then your team, Intermidiate has teams with a similar score, and Advanced has teams with a higher score.

Basicly, my defence team may be classified as Advanced for some people, and Beginner for others, so it's not really manipulatable. I imagine lower scoring teams have more variaty, since they are probably from beginning players who don't have acces to the more popular units, or people who don't want to use those units and play more casually.

That last part is only speculation though.

Edited by Bartozio

1 minute ago, Bartozio said:

I'm pretty sure it's determined by how the game ranks your team (so what score people get for defeating your team). Beginner has teams with a lower score then your team, Intermidiate has teams with a similar score, and Advanced has teams with a lower score.

Basicly, my defence team may be classified as Advanced for some people, and Beginner for others, so it's not really manipulatable. I imagine lower scoring teams have more variaty, since they are probably from beginning players who don't have acces to the more popular units, or people who don't want to use those units and play more casually.

That last part is only speculation though.

Yeah, definitely variety. There was a Leo and a Clarine in there.

Nino's at 5* 40 now, so I'm not likely to go back soon (if at all).

17 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Advanced has teams with a lower score

*higher

I am projected to promote to tier 19 with my current pathetic score of 4,782. I’m rank 3,008 at the moment out of 9,012 which is the current threshold.
Not that I am even slightly hopeful that I actually will get in, because come on, 4,782.

Also, still no defence wins. Soren+1 / Reinhardt / Camus / Xander didn’t work out as well as I hoped.

Edited by Vaximillian

On 6/23/2017 at 1:56 AM, Hawk King said:

I figured as much. The numbers just don't line up in a way that makes it realistic for me to think I have any shot at staying. It's not unexpected, yet still kind of crazy to think about, that your higher score is already pushed out of the threshold, though.

Marginally improved my score. Won't make a scoring difference, but I'm pretty pleased because the second-last run involved winning the mountain map with the double L-defense tiles against a team of Katarina, Azura, Bride Cordelia and Reinhardt, all with overlapping ranges, by running along the southern side of the mountain, which caused the enemy team to divide themselves to try to threaten me over that one stretch of short mountain. This let me move Nino into the forest to kill Azura, then Nowi Repositioned her away while being in Katarina's range. After that, I doubled back to the left and Reinhardt outran Cordelia, YOLOing to his death.

Tier 20 score of 4852 (no deaths; no surrenders; 692, 698, 694, 690, 692, 688, 698; Nowi +2, Eirika 5*, Nino +4, Athena):

• Jun 23 2:30AM - #1363 (/852 to stay)

No further defense wins.

Edited by Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi
Typo.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

because come on, 4,872.

4,782*

Running a defence team of only blue units (Sharena, Rein, Linde and Camus) didn't get me any win for a few days, so I decided to replace Linde with Tharja. I suddenly have two wins. It's becoming very hard to not like Tharja with all the work she gets done for me...

Seems like I only have to worry about getting those arena quests done and getting more used to Camus being on the team this week.

1 minute ago, Bartozio said:

1) 4,782*

2) Running a defence team of only blue units (Sharena, Rein, Linde and Camus) didn't get me any win for a few days, so I decided to replace Linde with Tharja. I suddenly have two wins. It's becoming very hard to not like Tharja with all the work she gets done for me...

1) Nice catch, haha!

2) My Tharja is only 4⋆. I’m going to try this set-up nevertheless.