Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

33 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I do get that, and i dont mind useing my other characters at all, but as said, i had once a Run where all 7 maps contained either a Reinhard or Lyn or both, I literally ran out of counters for them. I am not suggesting to let me use my character multiple times, i am just suggesting they limit the amound of same characters you face.

That defeats the purpose of building defense teams in the first place, then. At that point, there'd be little difference between it and the PvE modes.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like others mentioned before, AA is very exhausting this week. Somehow I managed to have a run with only 1 loss, but that means I will be maximum in top 10k this week. I'm not sure if 500 feathers and 3 mysterious coins are worth the effort to try other XX times. 

On the other side, my defense team of Ruby Olivia, 2X Vantage Hector and Amelia is without win after 6 days. Therefore i switched to Hector, Reinhardt, Blade Ursula and BH!Lyn myself ... :-( 

Made it into tier 19 for now, it was annoying though, even with a deathless run my team barely scored enough to make it. (Team is Ike (neutral), M!Robin(+Atk,-Res,SS),Minerva (+res-HP) and a 4*+2 Olivia

Score of 4648 this season. I'll rank up again to 18.

Three death in this run. My last run was VS Reinhardt, Brave!Lyn, Nino and Eirika. I should know that... Never go battle when Nino is show. And the map was horrible too. The map with the two ships. It's nice to have like half the maps impossible to use except for Flyiers, uh ? Well, I've lost two units there.

Team in spoiler :

Spoiler

B!Ike (+Spd -HP) | (Urvan, /, Luna) | (Steady Breath, /, Threaten Def 1, /)

B!Lucina (+HP -Spd) | (Geirskögul, /, Aether) | (Sturdy Blow 1, /, Drive Spd 1, /)

Brave!Lyn (Neutral) | (Mulagir, /, Draconic Aura) | (Swift Sparrow 2, Sacaes' Blessing, Smoke Atq 3, /)

Xander (Neutral) | (Siegfried, /, Ignis) | (/, Vantage 2, Ward Cavalry, /)

I encounter once an all green team. Easily done with Xander after S!Elise was taken out.

Hm...so next season isn't as bad as I thought it might be. Valter, Kagero, and Hinata are all pretty good options for me. I have a 5 star Hinata and Kagero that haven't been built yet. But I may just use this opportunity to promote Valter. Actually, the more I think about it, the more I like the idea. I think I'll do that. 

I'm ending this season with my highest Arena score to date and 6 defense wins. Two with my horse team, two with my Matthew team, and two with my Raigh team. 

I think I'll try Valter for my bonus unit, I built him up a little while ago for fun so he is usable.

I've also been testing an armour team for use, I got around to promoting an Effie so I have a completed team. Although if I'm using it for arena it will be only three armours and Anna/Sharena/Alfonse.

I'm so glad this is over. I haven't grinded this hard in quite some time.

TIer 20:

Score: 4,969 (1 death, 714–722)
Defense: 600 (×3)

Offense Team:

+6 Brave Roy [=] (Blazing Durandal, Reposition, Galeforce, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Hone Cavalry, Quickened Pulse)
+3 Brave Lucina [+Spd, -Res] (Geirskogul, Reposition, Daylight, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Drive Spd 2, Spur Def 1)
+6 Brave Ike [+Atk, -HP] (Urvan, Reposition, Aether, Steady Breath, Beorc's Blessing, Threaten Def 3, Distant Def 1)
+10 Brave Lyn [+Atk, -Def] (Mulagir, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Life and Death 3, Sacae's Blessing, Hone Cavalry, Attack +1)

Things generally went well other than the fact that I really don't like this score range. There are a lot of people running both Reinhardt and Brave Lyn, though Ike seems to do a decent job of baiting them even if they Reposition out afterwards since Ike will kill the closer of the two and Lyn or Roy can charge down the other. Using Lyn to snipe enemy Azuras was also pretty fun.

I suppose next season is going to be Flier Emblem. I should prep my Elincia. Maybe also take Valter out for a spin since he's still kinda new and shiny.

Also, 60 Atk on an archer before buffs is dumb. Especially when the buffs are cavalry buffs.

4900 on Arena, not enough to get T20, but i'm still happy for getting my PB anyway. Merge +1 on Camus, should probably start merging on Cecilia further

manage to bump up AA to 4850 area, solidifying my place in the top 5000 which is cool. Using Brave Roy in Squad 1 is so stressful since that squad had Cecilia as my only Brave Lyn hard counter.  For the next 2 Bow Lyn ecounter, Clive and Innes with Dancer support is my answer

The biggest threat in this season is definitely Olwen, most that i found are monstrous.

Checking in against with scores for this week.

• Tier 20 Normal Arena (Nino +7. Nowi +10, Eirika 5*, Brave Lyn) score of 4966 - #1880/4070
  • Arena Assault (Nino +7, Nowi +10, Eirika 5*, Ike) score of 4976 - #1126

Despite an Arena Assault score that blew my previous best out of the water, it wasn't enough to stay in the top 1000. Much salt. I think the pace at which the bar is going up is one I can't keep up with, given that I added two whole merges to Nowi this season. Next season will be somewhat similar in that I've added Aether to Nino and finally gotten a second copy of Eirika to +1 her, but Elincia is going to be worth slighly less points than Brave Lyn. If two more merges' worth of points didn't do it this season, I'm skeptical that it will get me any further next season. In fact, two more merges is worth 80 ranks less than what I finished at last season. :>_<:

Never got a defense win, and it's "go back to 19" week, so 1900 less feathers this week.

I wish you could see if your defense team even got matched with anybody. No defense weeks really suck. Even AA supposedly counting defenses couldn't save me.

14 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

Interesting way to make up for the three units on the banner, game.

Also, looks like I'll be using Anna. But whom I replace, I have no idea. I might also be able to finagle Robin (F) in place of Fae...

Not sure if i should Swap my Tana with Guidance 3 out of my team (Sonya, B!Ike, Ninian, Tana) for Elincia. Although that would make the most sense. But Tana has so much Firepower with Firesweep lance >.< and Guidance 3 really comes in handy (also as a skill on Defense Team)

Also Reinhardt and CYL Lyn can DIAF... they ruined my deathless AA run on the 7. map go figure... I am really getting tired of Arena with this 2 chars. Such a hassle to avoid them and take them out without loosing a unit to some random bullshit.

Edited by Hilda

10 hours ago, Prince Endriu said:

Whats your score/rank?

4770points/rank 13 000 roughly 

Not sure if I should replace Minerva for Anna this season, she might be better at Reinhardt tanking but she doesn't fly or if I should use Oscar to take Abel's place on horse emblem 

Edited by Mackc2

18 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Never got a defense win, and it's "go back to 19" week, so 1900 less feathers this week.

I wish you could see if your defense team even got matched with anybody. No defense weeks really suck. Even AA supposedly counting defenses couldn't save me.

Maybe try adding a dancer with your team? Horses + Dancer = Bad Day.

I saw on the last page that you're running Brave Lyn, Xander, Camus, and Olwen. What kind of skill sets are they using? Vantage Xander and Camus? Blade or Dire Thunder Olwen? I suppose it's entirely possible that everyone is running Brave Lyn, so the DC folks just aren't as dangerous. It could also be the map rotation. I haven't figured out which maps are good/bad for horse emblem yet. You might try a few different team compositions. At least for me last season, I had way more trouble with mages since I had a reliable Lyn/Rein counter but the rest of my team was fairly low RES.

Returned to T20 with my all-time high score of 4830 :D:

Bike/Olivia/Tharka/Ephraim did the trick. Bike and Olivia are S level of support, Ephraim and Tharja are S too, while Bike is S with the summoner. I had a lot of trouble against the myriads of BLyn+Reinhardt or even just BLyn alone with my old bait Raven TA Soren, but Bike can tank them both easily and recover the lost HP with Aether, so he's a boon to have. A pity I didn't get any of the brave heroes after so many orbs used and thus Bike had to be neutral, but that's better than no brave hero, I guess.

Edited by Taim Meich

Another thing to consider aside from composition is starting positioning. There's certain starting positions that are really bad for the nukers on certain map rotations because it turns them into free bait food. The maps with square starting formations also do weird things to expected buffs, which may easily turn into giving the player a leg up.

And I got 7,300 feathers from the arena this week. Still in tier 18, the highest score I have achieved 4830 still wasn't enough to the make an entry to tier 20. There is always next time, also have 95 sacred coin, they better be worth it, considering how tough arena assault is with brave heroes running about. 

1 hour ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Maybe try adding a dancer with your team? Horses + Dancer = Bad Day.

I saw on the last page that you're running Brave Lyn, Xander, Camus, and Olwen. What kind of skill sets are they using? Vantage Xander and Camus? Blade or Dire Thunder Olwen? I suppose it's entirely possible that everyone is running Brave Lyn, so the DC folks just aren't as dangerous. It could also be the map rotation. I haven't figured out which maps are good/bad for horse emblem yet. You might try a few different team compositions. At least for me last season, I had way more trouble with mages since I had a reliable Lyn/Rein counter but the rest of my team was fairly low RES.

I tried Azura in there too, but still no dice. I also tried a flier emblem, other horse compositions, mono blue, etc. but nothing on those either. I would blame the map rotation since that's a big part of it, but with the boat map and stuff this week those are sometimes tricky for people, especially against horses/horses+dancer teams. So I'm surprised I couldn't catch even 1 team.

And it's QR Xander, Vantage Camus, and Dire Olwen. Honestly, I usually don't have much luck with horse defense teams. Last season was kind of an oddball that I got 5. The week before had the gauntlet going on which always helps get defenses too thanks to the arena flag quests. Without Rein or a built up Cecilia I don't often find very good results with them, but I just tried because of Lyn. Lyn mixed with a dancer + non-horse team didn't get anything either, though. And like I said, I did get defenses the past seasons with Lyn this month, and I'd say last season's maps were even easier for the player, so I just don't really get it. I keep the starting positions/map rotation in mind and everything, but it still just seems up in the air. It's just frustratingly inconsistent. Maybe my team barely even got fought for all I know.

Somebody donate me a good Reinhardt. At least neutral. Every one I've ever pulled has been -atk. I want to stop sweating over defenses off and on.

Offense score of 5096 (T20) remains in T20, combining with a 590 defense score for max rewards.

Teams faced (streak):

Spoiler

m2SIVeR.png

Teams faced (other - fairly large image warning):

Spoiler

cOOP2aX.png

I used some crests out of boredom (yes, in spite of the fact that I can get infinite practice through AA).

Squeezed in some practice with Flier Emblem at the end. After some AA practice and normal Arena practice last season, I decided that I didn't much enjoy getting trampled by Horse Emblem on open maps (particularly by Reinhardt and Brave Lady Lyn), so I put project Cherche on hold and gave Spring Princess Camilla Raven/Adept. It worked like a charm; I'll probably end up using it as my main team next season, despite the score drop. I don't think it'll keep me from staying in T20.

Was close to cut off for Tier 20 so i spent about 15 crests fishing for 690 scores and it paid off! Back to 20 after ranking 4000 something

@Jingle Jangle i find Olwen isn't that great with Dire Thunder and Vantage Camus is rendered moot by Brave Lyn. Even then, I think QR is better on him from my experience using both.

Surprisingly had 3 defense wins for both accounts. I ran Hector, Brave Lyn, Xander and Reinhardt and Brave Ike, Cecilia, Reinhardt and Brave Lyn/Reinhardt. I was just using the range to hopefully get those wins

Edited by mcsilas