Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

30 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

So for fun I set Nephenee, Leon, Lucius, and Raven as my defense team. I'd LIKE to do a couples team, but I'd need either Valbar or Heather to make that happen.

Wouldn't that be more of a sorry-I'm-not-gay team?  Speaking from personal experience, it's best to move on.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So having a last minute summon for Elincia back when her banner ended, I tried doing an all-flier arena team.

It's been really fun thanks to Elinicia's B skill. The teleporting skill was actually really useful when I was being cornered by a scary Black Knight with Steady Breath and Aether. (Managed to finally get him away from the defense tile although my Cherche was trapped in a corner. Good thing she had Defense to survive!)

Also had a Flier vs Flier arena battle in the desert map with the lake. My Elincia, Hinoka, Cherche and Minerva vs. a team with both mage fliers- and I survived! Gotta love Reposition on fliers- I need more Selenas/Barsts!

Technically my Flier emblem team is incomplete because some don't even have A or B skills but it's super fun.

Edited by mcsilas

29 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

The new bonus hero line-up has just been announced!

It’s the four new dancers, Clarisse, Catria, Virion, Sophia, Gunter, and Alfonse.

Catria is finally back into my arena team! Didn’t take long enough, eh? @GuiltyLove

Virion, you selfish ****, your turn is next fortnight.

So Sophia, Alfie or Inigo? Knowing the latter is unlikely to be trained... hm... I expect I'll put him on to make room for a red anyway, though.

5 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Wouldn't that be more of a sorry-I'm-not-gay team?  Speaking from personal experience, it's best to move on.

A gal can dream.

I realized that I hadn't done a streak worth 4k in the Arena. I used my flyer team of Valter, Minerva, Palla, and Summer Corrin. Ended up with 4822. It's my lazy week since I have no chance of staying in tier 20 without more merges. Though I am thinking about building a 5 star+10 character. 

I may try to get a deathless run in AA one more time. I forgot to use an item on my last run and lost one character. Oh well. 

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

More hell or less hell when the bonus were CYL + Olivia?

More hell, i had no problems dealing wiht CYL units because i had a CYL unit myself (B!Ike) and knew what i was expecting and Olivia can be taken out rather easy. The comeing week tough its ranged Dancers (need to adjust to that, how the AI handles ranged Dancers) and not knowing what to expect (aside from Reinhard and BH!Lyn). Its the Random fuck up units that dont run the meta with quirky setups that mess up my Arena run (altough a bad decision can still cost me the game against Rein and Lyn).

True, I guess Olivia and Inigo should be feared more, because ranged AI take their turn after melee units. 
Was it like this?
1. Rally Assist unit before everything else.
2. Melee Units before Ranged Units.
3. Closer Units before far units.
4. Slot priority is the last that counts..

So maybe it is still somehow predictable to see if Olivia/Inigo take their turns after Lyn/Reinhardt or not.

3 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

It’s the four new dancers, Clarisse, Catria, Virion, Sophia, Gunter, and Alfonse.

Catria is finally back into my arena team! Didn’t take long enough, eh? @GuiltyLove

Yay! Too bad arena will be a nightmare with those dancers. I still haven't pulled one. Let's see how this goes though...

I managed to get a proper defence win, I used F Robin and the other three were an armour team of Effie, Hector, and BK. I think I'll just stick with the armours and change the bonus unit.

The new bonus units are good though, I have a choice of Alfonse, Clarisse, and Nohr Azura. I just promoted Clarisse to 5* last night, so I think I'll use her for my runs and use Azura with my defense team.

Edited by Zelgius

Hm...next season should be interesting. I'll probably run Axura. Maybe I'll switch to Alfonzie if my score looks like it's going to be way too low. But I still haven't finished building her yet... Cecilia is a must have until I finish building another Reinhardt/Brave Lyn counter. Or maybe I'll find a way to manage without her. It'd be cool to run a team with all legendary weapons. I'll have to do some experimenting... 

On 10/1/2017 at 2:38 AM, Ice Dragon said:

Someone forgot to reequip something or another or something like that...

Reveal hidden contents

UpF5kZq.jpg

Yes, that's also Obstruct 2.

The only reason I can see for this is that they used Amelia as a meat shield when training weaker units in the Warriors maps. 

On 10/1/2017 at 3:44 AM, Infinite Dreams said:

Huh.  So I switched my defense team to something more fair and fun (characters I like & no dancer/cavalry) and I have gotten 8 defense wins with it so far... I wasn't even expecting any, really.  Odd.

The team is Laslow, Sharena, Summer Corrin (-Atk!), and Brave Ike.  Pretty easy team to beat!  Maybe some of my wins are from zoned out people or people who ran out of good characters to use in AA.  :lol:

I observed the same thing. It took me an entire day to get a defense win with my usual team. Meanwhile, my no horse/dancer team has given me so much defensive wins that my 578 defense win has been pushed out of my defense results, which means I have gotten at least 12 defense wins with that team if I add the 2 wins I had prior to switching to my bonus defense team.

Okay, so, 4727 points this time, one death because I was stupid to think my Katarina can ORKO a Cecilia with Hone Cavalry on a fortress case. WoM Azura destroy her after hand. Not enough to be tier 20, tho. Same team as last week :

Hide contents

192385Arena1.png

Encountered many Brave Lyn, but without good support (often only cavalry or just have Hone Cavalry as buff), my Robin take her easily.

I encountered a Tobin, too. But his set was bad. His BASE set is bad.

Edited by Ledrert

Considering I got no focus unit from the dancer banner, I think this will be the week I finally promote Alfonse. Virion or Clarisse would probably go better with my current core of Lucina/Nino/Azura, but I feel like Alfonse is the better long-term investment since he comes around more often. Sharena and Anna will probably be next on the list for similar reasons.

13 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Yeah! I finally get to use my Sophia+6. This week is going to get annoying with the merged ranged dancers, I only got Olivia from the banner but I have no plans on using her on arena for her super low BST but on the other hand I'm going to be able to get rid of every single B!Lyn and Inigo in arena with little effort so it balances out.

It's time for another episode of The Arena Assault Threshold is Outrunning Me:

• Tier 20 Arena score of 4976 (Nowi + 10, Nino +7 with Aether, Eirika +1, Elincia) - #1642/4327 to stay.
  • Arena Assault score of 5006(!) (Nowi +10, Nino +7 with Aether, Eirika +1, Ike) - #1116. :mellow:

I have a Lucina +1 that I'm considering building in a way that budget maximizes SP (Rally Def/Res, Fury 3, Escape Route 3, in addition to her native Falchion, Spur Atk 3 and Aether) to replace Ike, but I'm honestly really skeptical that it would be enough, given how the threshold is consistently outpacing me even though I've been consistently jumping up by 14+ points. Wish I could draw more Ninos or Eirikas, as I've easily got the feathers for it.

15 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Fabulous. My Raven axebreaker Sophia has finally found some good use.

Offense score of 4966 (T20) remains in T20, combining with a defense score of 604 for max rewards.

Teams faced (streak):

Spoiler

wt4z64S.pngvmSLR2D.pngYDhuw8q.pngvEoUKjl.pngpi8Rye0.png5X06LtN.pngUW9Dfxp.png

Teams faced (other):

Spoiler

fmfTXYq.pngFAeotDK.pngbtE0Se7.pngvRYq46O.pngSLqrDig.pngWqLhQD2.pngr7eUxRf.png

EUCLAZP.pngYvXQZJl.pngvw8sljE.pngPm66EqP.pngQE2VYwu.pngauLE7fr.pngkJQL8DP.pngw80j8iU.pngxqVC9yY.pngUMGx2kD.png

The Goad Fliers team entered its second week of dominance, cruising to a deathless season. Goad Fliers Valter was my bonus unit the whole way through, though he didn't see too much fighting. I'm a little torn over who to use as my bonus unit next season...it's either Catria (Firesweep/Goad) or Lady of Ballads Azura.

I ended up with a rank of 9889 in AA which I thought was pretty good with the death I got. I was wondering if I'd get pushed out of the top 10k. (I was just super lazy...) I didn't get to check my final Arena rank because the game glitched out and sent me back to the title screen with an "error." I still got my rewards though. It's a little crazy. I now have over 160k feathers. I told myself I wouldn't make anymore 5 star promotions until I finish training up the 5 stars and 3/4 stars I already have to level 40. This could take a while. lol