Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

Whooo I finally managed to do a deathless run \o/ Put me at around 4350 points, but don't know what rank since it didn't update immediately. I think I got a bit lucky with the opponents, but also I probably am just starting to finally figure out how the AI behaves. I'm using a team of Sanaki, Julia, Linde and Klein which probably doesn't put my BST too high.

I'm gonna be sad when this months bonus round is over since I'll probably have to switch in either Ursula or Priscilla and Sanaki is sadly the character that contributes the least but I'll really miss the attack boost. I was also really lucky with my Klein since his boon is spd (hp bane) so he's an excellent Takumi killer. Though if Takumi's boon is spd and his bane is atk/res, I am screwed. Considering putting bowbreaker on Julia as soon as skill inheritance is added.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like since the Voting Gauntlet is over people are starting to get back to doing Arena. Alternatively, a lot of people happened to get their hands on bonus characters, making them more competitive...

Using the same team as last time, I got 4269 as my score (last high score was 4412). It was not a perfect run, so I hope to improve the score by trying out Deathless.

Offense Score: 4269
Current Ranking: 18521
Team: Ephraim (173), Ryoma (174), 4* F!Robin (143), Marth (173) || Total Rating: 663

At any rate, I'm looking forward to the Arena Revamp in April. While I hope to be able to to use other units, I am liking my Ryoma, Ephraim, and "not perfect" Math on my team. Given the meta changes, this may be the perfect opportunity to bring back my precious Felicia to tank magic units since base stats will matter less in the revamp. It helps she can provide some heals too.

Score of 4472:

• Ground Zero (2AM PST Mar 15) - #2907
  • 13 Hours Later - #4472

Score of 4502(!):

• Ground Zero (4PM PST Mar 15) - #3004 (people are stepping up their game again!)

Took way too much effort and crests, but it was kind of my last opportunity to do this. Ursula's gonna ruin my BST next week and with tomorrow brings inheritance, which is likely to completely screw everything up for the rest of the week (and beyond), so I figured it was worth it to take my best and safest shot now (of opportunities that remain, anyway—in hindsight, last week would have been a better time to grind through crests). Got lots of bad luck with crap beyond the Julia +10 garbage that wrecked streaks with points that could have easily approached 4510.

The scariest run in the successful streak was probably a team that brought Eldigan to the bridge map, without removing his Lunge. Because this would have put Seliph into a deadly situation, I had to face tank with M!Robin. This then put him on a death timer where the enemy Effie was three turns away from squishing him, with Sharena and Sully having to deal with other crap coming down the right side (and thus, unable to help). I would have had it anyway, but the most hilarious moment occurred when Eldigan attacked M!Robin again, Lunging him to safety.

Runner-up goes to the lava map where I had to gingerly mirror match the enemy M!Robin to take him down before the pain train of Ephraim, Eldigan and Marth got too close. I got him, but as a result of Seliph keeping my -Spd M!Robin from getting doubled, he was stuck out on the left as the only safe spot. Luckily, Sharena just plain wins against Ephraim, though she was so hurt she couldn't tank Eldigan. However, the enemy also split up to try to pincer Seliph. Sharena was then able to body block Marth and Sully pulled Seliph to safety. With Sharena too injured to duel Eldigan, it was Sully's time to shine. With chip help from M!Robin and Rally Attack from Sharena, her four strikes brought him low. -Atk Sully: 1, Eldigan: 0.

Feeling particularly proud, since this was done with -Atk 5* Seliph, -Spd 5* M!Robin, -Atk 4* Sully and 5* Sharena, which aside from Sharena, is preeeeeeeetty ghetto.

Edited by Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi
Date correction.

I just had this beautiful draw back setup where I had sully drag nino back 1 so nino can move on to the forest and drag olivia back where they're all out of range

and then ryoma steps into range where olivia was to take the ranged hit, so nino can destroy 2 on the next turn

it was pretty sweet. I'll actually miss having sully around after this season. Clearly I need to just pass around drag back everywhere lol

Edited by Thor Odinson

1 hour ago, Thor Odinson said:

I just had this beautiful draw back setup where I had sully drag nino back 1 so nino can move on to the forest and drag olivia back where they're all out of range

and then ryoma steps into range where olivia was to take the ranged hit, so nino can destroy 2 on the next turn

it was pretty sweet. I'll actually miss having sully around after this season. Clearly I need to just pass around drag back everywhere lol

Yeah, Drag Back was the only thing I had fun with when I had Sully. I'm thinking of passing it to Reinhardt, unless I pull Azura or Ninian. Then maybe Swap for Lucina, and Shove or Harsh Command for Julia.

8 hours ago, pianime94 said:

I really don't wanna fight a team of Azura+mages in the bridge map.

Yeah, that maps sucks. There's very little workaround to having a bad matchup on that map.

6 hours ago, chirp said:

90% of the teams I face include Takumi and 2 red units. Against these, Reinhardt is the Enola Gay on four legs. Too bad his rating is a bit low (144 at level 39), but he more than compensates this by bringing easy deathless runs.

Lol, yeah, that's a good way to put it. I like to imagine Reinhardt as a turret on wheels.

3/15/2017 - Offense 4,341; Rank 12,929 (6:40PM PST)

I'm kicking myself because one match should have been deathless but I forgot Eirika has Drag Back. I would have had a perfect run. But since my best last time didn't make it to top 10K, I think this score should be fine to stay in the <30K floor. Besides, 1K more feathers with the Arena update is so good, I think it'll be fine.

14 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Yeah, Drag Back was the only thing I had fun with when I had Sully. I'm thinking of passing it to Reinhardt, unless I pull Azura or Ninian. Then maybe Swap for Lucina, and Shove or Harsh Command for Julia.

Yeah, that maps sucks. There's very little workaround to having a bad matchup on that map.

Lol, yeah, that's a good way to put it. I like to imagine Reinhardt as a turret on wheels.

I definitely would like to have drag back for my own Reinhardt, though I'm unwilling to sacrifice my only Sully to do so (since she's also one of my favorite characters in Awakening and also lv 40). I also want to look into getting him a fortify skill as an alternate to his cavalry when I use him with my infantry. Especially for stacking damage on Nino.  

I'm so ready for my Ryoma to get vantage, though. Since I use him mostly on the EP anyway, it will be glorious.

17 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

I definitely would like to have drag back for my own Reinhardt, though I'm unwilling to sacrifice my only Sully to do so (since she's also one of my favorite characters in Awakening and also lv 40). I also want to look into getting him a fortify skill as an alternate to his cavalry when I use him with my infantry. Especially for stacking damage on Nino.  

I'm so ready for my Ryoma to get vantage, though. Since I use him mostly on the EP anyway, it will be glorious.

It's a toss up between Sully and Fae (both 4*) for me. Maybe Fae, since she can pass Threaten Attack at the same time. Between Sharena and Reinhardt, I'll be Threatening a lot of people.

Vantage Raijinto... That sounds disgusting lol. Can't kill him close up, can't kill him far away.

Might give my Kagerou Vantage, actually...

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

It's a toss up between Sully and Fae (both 4*) for me. Maybe Fae, since she can pass Threaten Attack at the same time. Between Sharena and Reinhardt, I'll be Threatening a lot of people.

Vantage Raijinto... That sounds disgusting lol. Can't kill him close up, can't kill him far away.

I wish I had a fae to use lol

or a second sully that I didn't train. Rein with Drag Back just sounds so glorious. 

It's my answer to the inevitable wave of Vantage Takumis. I'll just let them come to me on the EP.

Finished a run at 4,228 points, ranked 25,440 as of right now. The ranking definitely seems more competitive than last season. Oh well.
Femme Robin actually saved my ass in the final battle, doubling and destroying Hector (via Ignis thanks to a stray Sakura who decided to give her a poke), whom Lilina couldn't.

I got a 4522 deathless run for a rank of 2490. Third week I think I'll end up within the top 5k, but cracking 1k looks to be fairly hard. It was the first run I've done with skill inheritance being a thing and I ended up giving my nowi and nino some new skills. Nowi with escape route and nino with desperation was fairly helpful. I'll probably give both of those characters trigger abilities later. I think glimmer should work well with nino, but not sure what trigger ability would help nowi. The rest of the team was seliph and jagen, but seliph mostly rallied speed and jagen hid.

Team: Sharena, Abel, F.Robin, and Marth
3/15: 3453 Rank: Around 80,000
3/16: 4,087 Rank: 43,327

I'm not so confident anymore in taking on advance difficulty all the way, I played it safe by playing two intermediates on 5 and 7.

Edited by Fei Mao

Current score: 4,308

Damn proud of this one, since it was deathless, and I'm running only one 5* in this setup.

Next up, need to figure out a better way to deal with Kagero than rushing Tiki to her.

4650 offense 268 defense, rank 171 as of now.

Julia with fury and green tomebreaker, Effie with glowing ember and hone speed, Ephraim with rally defense and  bowbreaker... Eldigan still moves with his native skills. What a time to be playing Heroes! :) Btw, I have seen at least one team with all 4 characters having fury on them, lol. Takumis are surprisingly not numerous. Probably not that many of them on this high BST after cheaters were purged. 

Currently at rank 765 with a score of 4588

Doing Arena last night after transferring skills to my main team but before most Defense teams will have inherited skills was amazing. I felt dirty ORKOing a +7 Lucina with Sharena after inheriting Swordbreaker. 

My score before the Inheritgeddon is 4474, currently ranked 5706.

The team is: Reinhardt, Lyn, Ryoma, and Julia.

I sure love Reinhardt. He made my run tonnes easier. In fact, I only used one crest and got a deathless run already.

Edited by pianime94

First time breaking the 4.4k barrier! Changing my team made many of these battles a lot easier.I'm seeing a lot of Nowi nowadays. Only 1 death...that could have totally been avoided. Current score of 4,408. Rank 10,815. Sadly not in the top 10k.

Team of Minerva, Roy, Takumi, and Sully. Minerva is good bait, and is extremely useful on the bridge, mountain, and lava maps. Don't think I'm going to touch skill inheritance, I'm too much of a hoarder. Also I'm going to have to actually start checking if units have new skills. A Lucina had swap and made it possible for Leo to attack Minerva...luckily she tanked it.

Apparently Horse Mages are becoming the new meta?

Horse Mages + Blade Tomes/Dire Tomes + Goad Stacking (Goad turns the numbers blue therefor +attack power on the blades). +20 attack on the Blades (+4 from each stat being buffed, +4 from the normal bonus from attack buffing), out moving all other setups as long as its not forest city. Can be any horse mage as well, so those Cecilias you keep pulling ain't so bad now. Can stick LoD or Fury on all of them as well if you want.

I somehow got a deathless streak of Offense 4516, which give me a Rank of 3372 as of today.  I hope that stays in the top 5000, because with Olwen, I don't think I can get much better.

I was seeing stuff like Vantage Nowi, I'm not sure how I made it through some of those Battles  Giving Olwen Moonblow has helped quite a bit, though.