Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Got a new AA highscore of 4932! I wonder what score I'll need to break top 1k. 

in Tier 20? I have a Offense score of 5126 and a Defense score off 620 which puts me at rank 152, i guess around 5060 with a defense win of 600 should let you break rank 1000 in Top 20 (not sure tough)

10 minutes ago, Okigen said:

Seriously the double wall map is getting on my nerves. How am I supposed to run with this?

Hide contents

MeOIEoq.png

This map is a pita and will allways be a pita. I allways split my units 2 up and 2 down. In your case i would split 2 units down that are effectiv counters against Reinhardt and his sister. and upwards i would split 2 that can deal or take hits from Brave Lyn and then see what the AI is doing. But the map is really a Pita, especially against horsies.

33 minutes ago, Hilda said:

This map is a pita and will allways be a pita. I allways split my units 2 up and 2 down. In your case i would split 2 units down that are effectiv counters against Reinhardt and his sister. and upwards i would split 2 that can deal or take hits from Brave Lyn and then see what the AI is doing. But the map is really a Pita, especially against horsies.

Sadly I lost it. By the time I got into it the only raven tome left was Cecilia who isn't exactly great and she couldn't double Reinhardt. So she got butchered by WoM Azura. Yep, +spd Cecilia can't double Rein because the idiot me forgot to give her hone cavalry goddamnit.

Edited by Okigen

I seriously don't know how defense wins work. I used a cheese team of Bike+Reinhardt+BowLyn+Olivia and got 0 wins, then when I switched to a more balanced team of Bike+Tana+BK+Olivia and I got more than 7 wins.

Also this map rotation is killing me, between the boat and the rubble map I can''t for the life of me get a deathless streak.

2 hours ago, Alexmender said:

I seriously don't know how defense wins work. I used a cheese team of Bike+Reinhardt+BowLyn+Olivia and got 0 wins, then when I switched to a more balanced team of Bike+Tana+BK+Olivia and I got more than 7 wins.

Also this map rotation is killing me, between the boat and the rubble map I can''t for the life of me get a deathless streak.

While your first team is good, for Defense wins its not gonna work well. Everyone and their mother is running Reinhardt + BLyn counters in their Team, so they are prepared for them. Its better for your Defense Team to consist of unusual units that can give BLyn and Reinhardt a hard time (since most people run them on their offense Teams). Also Tanas Guidance 3 adds another layer of Random

12 hours ago, Okigen said:

Seriously the double wall map is getting on my nerves. How am I supposed to run with this?

Reveal hidden contents

MeOIEoq.png

Easiest way is to run Cecilia with TA-3 Raven straight into Rein on turn one. This stops him from buffing the other two, letting Cecilia counter-kill.

(Any TA-3 green can also just stand in front of Rein and block the entire team forever---since everyone ends up stuck, though you'll need some kind of positioning support if it's not on a horse.)

Edit: This map is so cavalry favored it's not even funny, because of how important getting the first hit is. This is because it takes unit-turns to break the walls and unit-turns to travel the middle of the map, so a team with high unit-turns (cavalry) can rush in turn one and start killing, which lowers the unit-turns available to the other team because dead units don't generate turns.

You can't kill people if you don't have unit-turns.

Double Edit: This map is trivialized with a dance + cavalry combo, assuming you have so many unit turns that you can afford a reposition skill for the dancer, letting you nuke two guys turn 1. 2 unit turns doesn't even give the other side an attack a lot of the time, since they have to spend most of it moving and breaking rocks.

Edited by DehNutCase

6 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Might also be due to the low bst which reduces your number of potential matches i.e. Not many teams are of the same bst to be matched with you. The same happened to be when I tried a supposedly 'cheesy' combo of Shigure, BowLyn, Rein and Cecilia. No win at all. Then I switched back to my sweethearts Eldigan/Eirika and promply got wins despite numerous claims of how outclassed they are.

26 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

I'm kinda nervous about Sigurd... I rely on my Rein to one-shot all the reds and if Sigurd replaces all the Eldigans, Brave Roys, and Leos on the horse emblem teams, that might be a problem for me.  :-_-:  

He seems reaaaaaally tank oriented, which means his offensive statline might suffer in order to give him big HP, Def and Res values. Rein's got a pretty reasonable level of Def and WTA, so even if Rein can't kill him right away, Rein might just be able to wall him.

1 minute ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

He seems reaaaaaally tank oriented, which means his offensive statline might suffer in order to give him big HP, Def and Res values. Rein's got a pretty reasonable level of Def and WTA, so even if Rein can't kill him right away, Rein might just be able to wall him.

Ah, good point.  :):  Maybe I could give Rein Swordbreaker too if he becomes a problem. 

20 hours ago, Okigen said:

Reveal hidden contents

MeOIEoq.png

A counter-killer in the third position would kill Reinhardt on the opponent's first turn.

If your counter-killer can also take down Olwen and Lyn, you can break your own wall and move your counter-killer forward one square to bait them dead on the first turn, too.

5 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

I'm kinda nervous about Sigurd... I rely on my Rein to one-shot all the reds and if Sigurd replaces all the Eldigans, Brave Roys, and Leos on the horse emblem teams, that might be a problem for me.  :-_-:  

Honestly, deflect magic is more of a problem than Sigurd. 50% & 80% reduction is strong, yeah, but 0% & 80% is already enough to make his ORKOs shaky. Fury 3 BK, for example, has 48 hp, 21 res. +Atk Rein with DB 3 has 50 Atk on offense (35 + 6 + 9), which turns into 60 thanks to triangle advantage, with Moonbow Pulse the second hit does 60 + 21 * .3 = 66 damage. That's 60 - 21 = 39 the first hit, and then (66- 21) * .2 = 9 damage the second hit, an exact KO, which is kind of a problem.

BK has alright hp, sure, but 18 base res meant he should've been obliterated rather than barely KOd.

Leo has it even easier since he has actual Res. Assuming Fury 3, that's 39 hp, 33 res, Moonbow adds 9 damage, first hit is 27 damage, second hit is 7 damage, 5 damage away from a ORKO. (Rein can get Hone, sure, but Leo can get Fort.)

5 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Honestly, deflect magic is more of a problem than Sigurd. 50% & 80% reduction is strong, yeah, but 0% & 80% is already enough to make his ORKOs shaky. Fury 3 BK, for example, has 48 hp, 21 res. +Atk Rein with DB 3 has 50 Atk on offense (35 + 6 + 9), which turns into 60 thanks to triangle advantage, with Moonbow Pulse the second hit does 60 + 21 * .3 = 66 damage. That's 60 - 21 = 39 the first hit, and then (66- 21) * .2 = 9 damage the second hit, an exact KO, which is kind of a problem.

BK has alright hp, sure, but 18 base res meant he should've been obliterated rather than barely KOd.

Leo has it even easier since he has actual Res. Assuming Fury 3, that's 39 hp, 33 res, Moonbow adds 9 damage, first hit is 27 damage, second hit is 7 damage, 5 damage away from a ORKO. (Rein can get Hone, sure, but Leo can get Fort.)

Yeah, you're right about that one.  I'm worried about that seal as well.  :-_-:  The arena is possibly going to get even scarier soon.  

---

Rank Updates: 

Arena: 4984 - Rank 1439/4474 to stay in Tier 20.

AA: 4954 - Rank 1219.

What's the cutoff for staying in Tier 20? I have 4,862 points for a rank of 6,419 compared to 4,551 to stay, so I'm not sure if it's worth burning crests to try to get a score in like the 4,870s.