Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

Arena Assault: 4,872 

New record for this mode. Only ran into 3 B!Lyns this week, thankfully.

I also ran into a team with The Reinhardt, B!Lyn and 2 Melee dancers. Whoever that person was clearly doesn't understand how the AI works.

Edited by Korath88

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

the problem is getting Close Def, though I do actually have a spare Summer Tiki

Are you planning to not pull for Sigurd at all?

Edit:

Just got my highest AA yet! 5012.

Edited by Clogon

6 hours ago, Astellius said:

Yeah, I like giving out a free win the extra crest too, usually with preference for those in lower tiers, since I figure they're more likely to be in need of a defense win.

And no free defense wins for teams with dancers? What about for this...

Hide contents

qVqCaZI.png

Dancer Emblem! Lol. I encountered this in Arena Assault a few weeks ago. It's a creative, if not particularly effective, team!

Bahahaha. That's a hilarious team. I'd give them all the defense wins.  It depends on the team that uses the dancer. I usually won't give a win out to dancers plus mage teams (since I hate fighting that combination). But dancers with just about anyone else is usually fine.

I beat a great team in AA today:

• Hinoka +5 Distant Counter, WoM, Hone Flyers
  • NS!Corrin +5 Blarblade+, Close Counter, Vantage, Fortify Flyers
  • S!Camilla +3, Gronnblade+, Close Counter, Vantage, Fortify Flyers
  • Sigurd

But I better gave them their defense win, because the next match my Celica died to a Raigh ... To my defense he had Rauðrblade+, Darting Blow and was buffed by a hone ATK and a rally SPD. I just didn't expect him to double her. 

Gah! Why do I always forget about items in Arena Assault?

It's my favourite mode but I can only play it once a day otherwise you get nowt for it and it becomes dull. Today, I failed on the first match due to bad matchups and my own brain, plus forgetting about items >.< So irksome. I played through on the lowest setting for three maps for the dailies, but urgh.

I wish I could spend defence crests to go through. I wouldn't even mind if it was seven a go. It's just a fun mode to play but I don't want to waste time with something that gives nothing back >.<

It was not such a big struggle like last week, but hard enough: With the boost of my second level 3 seal (Brash Assault) I reached a new personal AA Highscore: 4914.

Short episode of how my streak nearly found an early end on match 4: My Klein killed an opposing Nino, but I left him in the additional range that a dance gave to the opposing Eirika. I was sure he would be killed by the inevitable attack, but luckly Klein had Swordbreaker equiped. He survived and gave Eirika a taste of Iceberg on player phase. 

@Cute Chao That happens also to me all the time. I think last week was the first time when I used an item in my 7 streak, but never on the first match though ... 

Omg, I broke the 5k mark in the Arena!  Yay~ :D: 

I did Arena Assault as well, but I had one death... Does anyone know where the AA 5k cutoff was last week? 

Arena: 5002 - Deathless streak on my first try.  Lucky!

Defense: 590

Arena Assault: 4912, 1 death.  I might just leave it at that if it's good enough for the 5k rank reward, since that's what I usually get anyway. 

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Sigurds get merged. I usually prioritize merging over Skill Inheritance. I just happen to have 12 copies of Summer Tiki.

Oh wow. Ic Ic.

5 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

I did Arena Assault as well, but I had one death... Does anyone know where the AA 5k cutoff was last week? 

Arena Assault: 4912, 1 death.  I might just leave it at that if it's good enough for the 5k rank reward, since that's what I usually get anyway. 

It was 4920ish

Edited by Clogon

New Highscore for Arena at 4958! I really didn't feel like dealing with horses this week so I skipped those with a horse lead. I think I'll do Arena Assault later. My first few attempts didn't turn out well.

8 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Bahahaha. That's a hilarious team. I'd give them all the defense wins.  It depends on the team that uses the dancer. I usually won't give a win out to dancers plus mage teams (since I hate fighting that combination). But dancers with just about anyone else is usually fine.

Yes, I love encountering bizarre and funny things in the Arena like that!

2 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

I was in the 4880s and within the 5k mark (although not by much), so you should be just fine with 4912.

On 10/24/2017 at 2:55 PM, mampfoid said:

@Cute Chao That happens also to me all the time. I think last week was the first time when I used an item in my 7 streak, but never on the first match though ... 

I finally remembered  to use an item in a match... and still used the wrong one >.< I used the extra movement to put a lance unit in range of a sword, not realising I had left my lovely, innocent Inigo standing in range. My debate before had been to use the increase movement one or limit the enemy's movement. If I'd chose the latter, my lovely, innocent Inigo would still be with me v.v 

Well... he's still here, just not impressed over having died needlessly. They do nag about this whole 'dying' thing xD 

Takumi is also unimpressed at me for forgetting to check if a Lyn was a Brave Bower or not... He did not like being turned into a pincushion. 

What is it about AA that seems to make my brain go dead, despite it being my favourite mode? xD 

Just got a score of 4,615 in Arena with a team of Noherzura, Sigurd, Julia, and Nowi. This week, I've had Miracle save Sigurd from a vantage bonfire Hector and Nowi has killed vanilla Brave Lyn's, Regular Ike's, and Black Knight's. Dragon Loli rains supreme.

I really need to do something to improve my Sigurd -Atk nature. He tends to leave many enemies almost death and then WoM shenanigans ensure. Right now I have a score of 4814 which I guess is too low to go back to tier 20. I'd like to use Tailtiu instead but mage penalty sucks and I don't have merges to make up for it.

On Arena Assault I got a deathless run of 4914 which is good enough for the top 5k.

Finished my Arena run with ussual Brave Roy strats now with Arden who somehow fits with the squad like a glove, duelling anything like a champ

No Ayra in sight surprisingly. Sharena ended up being the scariest enemy of the season

30 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I finally got this beautiful score!

Capture_2017-10-27-22-56-271.png

You know what this means, right? First ever deathless advanced 7 win streak! Tier 19 here I come. ^^

Congrats, that's probably a good enough score to get into Tier 20, too.  I'm currently bouncing between Tiers 19 and 20.  I have a decent enough chance to get into Tier 20, but I can never stay there.  I had my Deathless streak broken a couple days ago and am currently at 6/7, but don't want to spend any crests, so I'll wait until tomorrow.

Edited by Rezzy

12 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Congrats, that's probably a good enough score to get into Tier 20, too.  I'm currently bouncing between Tiers 19 and 20.  I have a decent enough chance to get into Tier 20, but I can never stay there.  I had my Deathless streak broken a couple days ago and am currently at 6/7, but don't want to spend any crests, so I'll wait until tomorrow.

So I've been told! Yeah, I hear it's really hard to stay in tier 20, so I'm not really going to worry about that.

After seeing Ana, I wanted to see if I could get a new high score myself

GZmNUBP.png

@MrSmokestack @GuiltyLove new high score!

No score hunting either

This is gonna be my new arena core

Also fun fact, in terms of BST, a 5 star +4 Olivia is the same as a 4 star +10 Olivia

The current units (bar Cecilia) in that pic are in my new Arena core

Edited by Arcanite