Jump to content
pianime94

Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

I think I may know why.  ;):  I go in with 1 unit at the start of my daily AA runs for the quests.  I'm usually zoned out when I do it, so occasionally I'll accidentally select an opponent that gives me a weapon triangle disadvantage.  

Same.  Most common is Ike, since if you're half-asleep his normal avatar looks very similar to his Brave avatar.  That or when I go to fight an otherwise easy opponent, but the map absolutely kills me.

 

3 hours ago, mcsilas said:

edit: also okay whoa, I've seen multiple level 40 weaponless Ursulas multiple times in one Arena Assault easy run. Is this a thing for others as well? They're all different names, and at least one was 5 star so...it's just strange. 4 out of 7 battles!

That's people being nice and trying to help others with the GHB missions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Yeesh. Is it just me or has the Arena just been...awful? A few weeks ago it was bad, but like...these past few seasons have been particularly painful. Maybe I just suck at this. XD But so many people are running Reinhardt, Cecilia, and Brave Lyn. Brave Lyn hasn't been such an issue because a lot of people seem to be running a Brave Bow build on her which is far more manageable than her normal kit. But even when I used a team with a lower BST, and it didn't get any better. It's a good thing I have a large stack of dueling crests saved up or else I'd be pretty screwed.

It's been like that since the moment Br!Lyn got introduced for me. I've trained up 7 counters for her, so it's no trouble for me anymore, but it is annoying to see the same thing over and over again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, GinRei said:

That's people being nice and trying to help others with the GHB missions.

Ah yeah that makes sense! I forgot Ursula rerun was still on, that's actually a great idea!

I didn't think of that, I just used the special developers maps to defeat the lv 40 Ursula

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Yeesh. Is it just me or has the Arena just been...awful? A few weeks ago it was bad, but like...these past few seasons have been particularly painful. Maybe I just suck at this. XD But so many people are running Reinhardt, Cecilia, and Brave Lyn.

Yeah, I lucked out this week, but I've also been finding the arena really tough lately.  For example, the last two seasons before this one took me 10-15 crests just to get a deathless streak, if I recall correctly.  I also find that the 700s-710s range is a huge pain in the ass.  (I haven't seen anything higher than 720.)  Half of the fights seem to be Horse Emblem on steroids.  Blech!  ;[  I also hate Firesweep Weapons.

My current defense team of Laslow, S-Corrin, B-Ike, and Sharena seems to be getting me a lot of wins (10+).  :]

Edited by Infinite Dreams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im wondering at what Arena bracket you guys played

695+ Area is so diverse. The only catch away is no Cellica so its fine because fuck Cellica ecounter really

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Birdy said:

It's been like that since the moment Br!Lyn got introduced for me. I've trained up 7 counters for her, so it's no trouble for me anymore, but it is annoying to see the same thing over and over again. 

 

4 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Yeah, I lucked out this week, but I've also been finding the arena really tough lately.  For example, the last two seasons before this one took me 10-15 crests just to get a deathless streak, if I recall correctly.  I also find that the 700s-710s range is a huge pain in the ass.  (I haven't seen anything higher than 720.)  Half of the fights seem to be Horse Emblem on steroids.  Blech!  ;[  I also hate Firesweep Weapons.

My current defense team of Laslow, S-Corrin, B-Ike, and Sharena seems to be getting me a lot of wins (10+).  :]

I'm really glad to know I'm not alone. Ugh... With my highest merged team, I was in the 700-710 range. A few weeks ago, I struggled, but I managed to get my high score. That was a good enough high point for me, so I decided to try to lower the BST of my team, but no matter what, Horse Emblem is there... And I'm guilty of running it myself, but just long enough to get a single defense win. If the rewards for the Arena weren't so amazing, I probably wouldn't bother anymore. 

Oddly enough, I really enjoy Arena Assault. It doesn't take me nearly as long to get a deathless streak, and the penalty for losing a match doesn't feel as devastating. Sure it means you need a a crapton of Brave Lyn and Reinhardt counters, but at least you can plan for them when you get baited into a match....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

alriggggghhhtttt. This is officially the season I hit Tier 20.

100% F2P. Haven't put a single penny into this game.

That's a mobile gotcha game done right--you can be a whale, if thats your thing. But whaling isn't an insurmountable advantage at the highest levels of competitive play. You can face teams that people have dumped money into with an entirely F2P roster and still bust ass.

Good stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

DNXiOo6VAAEnxRm.jpg

Next season's Arena bonus units. Spoilered because it's a huge image for some reason. 

MY LITTLE MERRIC GETS TO SHINE NEXT SEASON. I thought I was going to wait to give him that extra merge, but someone's an extra special little nerd, so now he gets to be a +6. This means I can be a bit more flexible with who I run now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:
  Hide contents

 

Next season's Arena bonus units. Spoilered because it's a huge image for some reason. 

MY LITTLE MERRIC GETS TO SHINE NEXT SEASON. I thought I was going to wait to give him that extra merge, but someone's an extra special little nerd, so now he gets to be a +6. This means I can be a bit more flexible with who I run now...

Since my pity rate for Now got Kareld today, I will go with Arvis. The other 5* options would have been Quadhana, Merric and Anna, but it'll be nice to run a ranged unit that deals some damage once again (sorry Merric). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Since my pity rate for Now got Kareld today, I will go with Arvis. The other 5* options would have been Quadhana, Merric and Anna, but it'll be nice to run a ranged unit that deals some damage once again (sorry Merric). 

I'd say he does pretty well. :3  He's my "mage archer" + Reinhardt and Brave Lyn counter rolled into one. I was skeptical at first, but when he gets buffs from my PA!Azura, he's running 51/50/46/38/26. I might even run Bonfire on him instead of Growing Wind this season.

IfayW5q.png?1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I'd say he does pretty well. :3  He's my "mage archer" + Reinhardt and Brave Lyn counter rolled into one. I was skeptical at first, but when he gets buffs from my PA!Azura, he's running 51/50/46/38/26. I might even run Bonfire on him instead of Growing Wind this season.

IfayW5q.png?1

I would bring this great guy in arena as well!

But mine (+HP -RES) is running Gronnraven, TA2, QR2 and Bonfire (will change to Ignis) to bait in Arena Assault. 33 ATK (40 with Excalibur) is quite noodle-ish. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I would bring this great guy in arena as well!

But mine (+HP -RES) is running Gronnraven, TA2, QR2 and Bonfire (will change to Ignis) to bait in Arena Assault. 33 ATK (40 with Excalibur) is quite noodle-ish. 

Yeah. Poor Merric really needs +ATK to be ideal. Mine is +SPD -RES which is useful, but the moment I get a +ATK -RES copy, he'll be the main part of my merge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arvis or Hana, that is the question. Of course, Anna goes on the defence team (don't think my +1 plain Merric is going to do much).

I love when the slow green seasons are Anna's. Means I can keep to my green spam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Since my pity rate for Now got Kareld today, I will go with Arvis. The other 5* options would have been Quadhana, Merric and Anna, but it'll be nice to run a ranged unit that deals some damage once again (sorry Merric). 

i guess ima get out my shield pulse Arkanum Anna for „Surprise Bitches“ Attacks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

Also, just noticed- no blues.

Is this the first season missing a colour, or am I just not remembering another?

There were no greys during seasons 4–5 (Sibling Bonds), 10–11 (Spring Festival), no blues during 14–15 (World of Radiance), no greens during 18–20 (Bridal Blessings).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Monday scores time:

  • Tier 20 score of 4998 (Nino +7 with Aether, Nowi +10, Eirika +1, Sharena 5*) - #1862/4751
  • Arena Assault score of 5010 (Nino +7 with Aether, Nowi +10, Eirika +1, Sheena +1) - #1364

Guess I'll be using a somewhat retooled Arvis for my bonus character the next couple weeks. I haven't managed to draw any of the Hallowe'en characters and I promoted him for AA and Tempest, anyway, so the resources are gonna already be there on him, anyway. Honestly, I don't even care about the focus characters that much—it's just a good excuse to draw red and green, hoping extra Ninos or Eirikas will turn up (also acceptable: Chrom, Sheena, Olivia and any of the prime SI stuff).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hrmm, looking at the next season units, I'm not sure who I'll use.  My Anna feels like she wouldn't really contribute much of anything except being Reinhardt bait (but not a counter), and she currently only has Fury 2.  Arvis on the other hand would not really contribute much other than Ploys and magic offense.  Not sure if that one tier of Fury would offset his mage BST to make him worth more than Anna or not.

 

I have a Merric I could use, but meh.  He currently has no SI and meh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh, my 4884 Arena Assault score slipped out of the top 5k. I don't have much in the way of options for improving it for future weeks, either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...