Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Escape Route is fine, Wings of Mercy is pure scum.

Hallowween Nowi + Wings of Mercy + Flier Formation 3 + Guidance seal+ dancer(s) =  The highest form of scummery 

Edited by Jingle Jangle

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys already finished up all your Arena Runs?  I haven't even had a chance to get started yet.  Maybe once I get off work.  I should get around to merging some more of my core team.  I have some 4* Titanias I can use.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Best mage knight girl Olwen disagrees:

qvRF3Kj.png

A Horse Emblem unit calling someone scum is a bit hypocritical.

Just now, Rezzy said:

You guys already finished up all your Arena Runs?  I haven't even had a chance to get started yet.  Maybe once I get off work.  I should get around to merging some more of my core team.  I have some 4* Titanias I can use.

>Merged horses

You must join the Nino side Rezzy

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Best mage knight girl Olwen disagrees:

qvRF3Kj.png

Clearly she is talking to Hawkeye and not me :scum:

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

A Horse Emblem unit calling someone scum is a bit hypocritical.

It’s the tempest, anything goes there.

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Because you’re standing behind his back.

16 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Escape Route is fine, Wings of Mercy is pure scum.

Damn, then I guess I must be the absolute scum of the earth as my dancers (the only one I don’t have is vanilla Azura) all have Memes of Mercy with vanilla Olivia being the only one who doesn’t have it at level 3. It’s all about pragmatism, boys and girls.

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

>Merged horses

You must join the Nino side Rezzy

I have a single 5* Nino, but I don't have the resources to make a multi-merged Nino.  My Titania is +3.  I could probably give her another merge or two.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

It’s the tempest, anything goes there.

Because you’re standing behind his back.

It would have been funny if you managed to get that shot with Oboro.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I have a single 5* Nino, but I don't have the resources to make a multi-merged Nino.  My Titania is +3.  I could probably give her another merge or two.

You disappoint :(:

But I guess horses cheese nice and easy >>

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

I’ll try to set that up, but it’s up to the mercy of the RNG.

Kill Oboro and I kill you

scum

@Vaximillian @Arcanite @MrSmokestack @SatsumaFSoysoy

I caved to peer pressure and decided to give my Titania a couple merges to help in Arena.  I used a +Spd-Def 4* Titania I had to merge into to replace my -Def+Res Titania, but she lives on as part of the whole.

PM0peHp.png?1

I figured I might as well give Arena a shot.  I don't know how much difference a couple merges make, but it boosted my scors by around 10 points, although I'm using +2 Merric, too.

5iUTwTv.png?1

It's a moot point this week, but out of curiosity, what's the cut-off to stay in Tier 20, usually?

Edited by Rezzy

7 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

@Vaximillian @Arcanite @MrSmokestack @SatsumaFSoysoy

I caved to peer pressure and decided to give my Titania a couple merges to help in Arena.  I used a +Spd-Def 4* Titania I had to merge into to replace my -Def+Res Titania, but she lives on as part of the whole.

I figured I might as well give Arena a shot.  I don't know how much difference a couple merges make, but it boosted my scors by around 10 points, although I'm using +2 Merric, too.

It's a moot point this week, but out of curiosity, what's the cut-off to stay in Tier 20, usually?

Nice run! That's more than what I get usually, I think.

Staying in tier 20 requires about 4920 as the bare minimum, but that gradually goes up, and spikes when they put in score monsters like Brave Ike. Getting in is much easier.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

20 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Nice run! That's more than what I get usually, I think.

Staying in tier 20 requires about 4920 as the bare minimum, but that gradually goes up, and spikes when they put in score monsters like Brave Ike. Getting in is much easier.

Thanks!

I've managed to get in every other week since they started the new system, I've just never managed to stay in Tier 20.  Maybe another merge or two will help.

While last week it took me two days to get a deathless streak in AA, today it took only few tries to arrive at 4914. Should suffice for top 5k like the last weeks. 

Got a defense win on the first day! Quad-Hana, DC-Sigurd, BK and PA!Azura seem to work well together. 

Normal arena had some interesting opponents this week:

Cordelia +5 (Firesweep, Heavy Blade, QP, Galeforce), a Laslow +6 (Brave+, DB3, swordbreaker) and a Berkut +2 with DC and QR3. 

Got my quick 1 unit defense win to get some points early on the week. Used Fury Vantage Ike for my main, and a +Spd Desperation Lucina (hopefully people thought they were the CYL versions or something when doing easy AA runs). Shoutout to Lucina for giving me a defense win within 1-2 hours of since I put Desperation on her (forgot I had Wings of Mercy on her which is useless if she's the only one defending)

Now back to doing a full defense team. Time to see what works or not.

8 hours ago, Arcanite said:

@Vaximillian 

@MrSmokestack @GuiltyLove

I don't have a def win but

x9C8qkZ.png

This is amazing

I even fought a 702 team*

This was base 694. 

4 698s

2 696s

And a 702

I am not sure if I can reach 704, but it is usually a 10 point score range. So it could/should be 694-704/2

Lancina with lance breaker is crazy btw. she fought an Ike one on one, killed him the turn after through a vantage hit, ate a hit from Sigurd and OHKO'd with Aether. Aether healed her up enough for lance breaker to kill a Tana on initiation.

not to mention her +3 Atk/Spd buff making Fury Anna a psychopath. Wings of mercy Olivia put in work too*

ur getting ahead of me now :o

5 hours ago, Rezzy said:

There is so much beauty in that Titania though....

The week I managed to stay, I got a score of 4924 which was BARELY enough. I was using a +5 Merric who was running an AoE special and a third level S seal, +1 Nowi running Aether with the second level of an S seal, +1 PA!Azura with WoM, and +2 Brave Roy with Galeforce. But I think I managed that score by pure change since my average match-up was between like...702 and 706, but I had one or two matches worth 710 or 712.

If you wanted to see how big of a leap your score gets, you could try running AoE specials instead of merging. It's a pain strategically, but it can make a small difference. There's also a pretty big leap if you use fewer horses. Once again, a pain strategically, but it helps if you're interested in getting that score up. You could always run Titania with a buffbot if you have one of them. Sure she doesn't get the +6 to everything, but she still does pretty well. Plus Merric can benefit!

4 hours ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

One merge is typically worth about 1 point per match before bonus is applied. This leads to an expected increase of 14 points to your average Arena score, though it's usually not readily apparent because the random variance has individual match scores all over the place.

Thank you.  I might have gotten lucky my first go around.  I was getting around 700 for every match, and when I was finishing off my last two swords for the day, I got an average of 694, which is about the same as what I'd get before the mergers.

3 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

There is so much beauty in that Titania though....

The week I managed to stay, I got a score of 4924 which was BARELY enough. I was using a +5 Merric who was running an AoE special and a third level S seal, +1 Nowi running Aether with the second level of an S seal, +1 PA!Azura with WoM, and +2 Brave Roy with Galeforce. But I think I managed that score by pure change since my average match-up was between like...702 and 706, but I had one or two matches worth 710 or 712.

If you wanted to see how big of a leap your score gets, you could try running AoE specials instead of merging. It's a pain strategically, but it can make a small difference. There's also a pretty big leap if you use fewer horses. Once again, a pain strategically, but it helps if you're interested in getting that score up. You could always run Titania with a buffbot if you have one of them. Sure she doesn't get the +6 to everything, but she still does pretty well. Plus Merric can benefit!

My current Titania is beautiful, or before the mergers?

I might merge my other two horse cores, even if it's not ideal, I have a lot of fun having a couple horses that can buff up my Titania.  I still have another Xander from way back I can merge, and I just got two more Ursulas.  My mind set was to save feathers for 3* or 4* units to promote, but since we hardly get any new GHBs anymore, and every time they introduce new units, they are 5* Banner units, there aren't really that many units to promote anymore, so my feathers have been piling up.

23 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

My current Titania is beautiful, or before the mergers?

I might merge my other two horse cores, even if it's not ideal, I have a lot of fun having a couple horses that can buff up my Titania.  I still have another Xander from way back I can merge, and I just got two more Ursulas.  My mind set was to save feathers for 3* or 4* units to promote, but since we hardly get any new GHBs anymore, and every time they introduce new units, they are 5* Banner units, there aren't really that many units to promote anymore, so my feathers have been piling up.

Naturally both are glorious. Titania is beautiful in all forms. But that merged SPD is amazing. My unmerged 5* Titania is +ATK not +SPD, so I'm a little envious. ;)

That works too. I understand why the GHB have slowed down, but it is a bit sad that we're getting fewer and fewer characters... Like I'm going to be super sad if they rerun two BHB, and we don't get any new rewards beyond a few quest orbs. It's understandable since we don't get repeat orbs from maps, but it's a huge bummer because they're denying us like...what is it 12 orbs per map? I'd understand rerunning one map. It's just super disappointing when we don't get any new BHB or GHB content... Those maps are some of my favorites, and the rewards are some of the best aside from the Tempest Trials of course. /end rant

Good luck in your Arena endeavors!

9 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Naturally both are glorious. Titania is beautiful in all forms. But that merged SPD is amazing. My unmerged 5* Titania is +ATK not +SPD, so I'm a little envious. ;)

That works too. I understand why the GHB have slowed down, but it is a bit sad that we're getting fewer and fewer characters... Like I'm going to be super sad if they rerun two BHB, and we don't get any new rewards beyond a few quest orbs. It's understandable since we don't get repeat orbs from maps, but it's a huge bummer because they're denying us like...what is it 12 orbs per map? I'd understand rerunning one map. It's just super disappointing when we don't get any new BHB or GHB content... Those maps are some of my favorites, and the rewards are some of the best aside from the Tempest Trials of course. /end rant

Good luck in your Arena endeavors!

I honestly don't mind if the GHBs are on the easy side, so I wish we didn't have the sudden screeching halt on the GHBs.  There's so many villains that I want to see added to the game.  Sephiran, Oliver, Ashnard, Lyon, Nergal, Sonia, LINUS!  (I honestly expected Linus to follow shortly after Lloyd.  It doesn't make much sense to have one, but not the other.)

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I honestly don't mind if the GHBs are on the easy side, so I wish we didn't have the sudden screeching halt on the GHBs.  There's so many villains that I want to see added to the game.  Sephiran, Oliver, Ashnard, Lyon, Nergal, Sonia, LINUS!  (I honestly expected Linus to follow shortly after Lloyd.  It doesn't make much sense to have one, but not the other.)

I want Lyon so much. There are plenty of amazing villains, but I need Lyon. I'll merge every copy of him together. I actually don't mind if they leave out Infernal Difficulties until reruns.  It makes the reruns a little more worthwhile if we have that mode to look forward to. And it gives the devs a little less to worry about at the initial release. Maybe. I don't know how to make games. I'm just the greedy player. lol But I feel like one new GHB a month isn't TOO much to ask for...

3 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I want Lyon so much. There are plenty of amazing villains, but I need Lyon. I'll merge every copy of him together. I actually don't mind if they leave out Infernal Difficulties until reruns.  It makes the reruns a little more worthwhile if we have that mode to look forward to. And it gives the devs a little less to worry about at the initial release. Maybe. I don't know how to make games. I'm just the greedy player. lol But I feel like one new GHB a month isn't TOO much to ask for...

I thought one new GHB every other week was a nice schedule.  And they kept it up for several months.  Only one per month is a bummer after two per month, but it's better than only having two total since July.

Bound Hero Battles are nice, but the new character is the real draw for GHBs for me.  Maybe one GHB, one BHB, and two repeats per month would be okay.  I'd imagine the battle map would take more time to design than the actual unit, so it seems like BHBs are the same amount of work for the developers without as much enthusiasm generated in the player base.  Maybe if they offereed 1* or 2* versions of the characters featured in battle, I could get more hyped for them.