Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

My current Titania is beautiful, or before the mergers?

Titania is beautiful no matter what. It’s the law of the universe. She is the best Greil Merc bar none, and a strong contender to the title of the best woman in Tellius according to me.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Titania is beautiful no matter what. It’s the law of the universe. She is the best Greil Merc bar none, and a strong contender to the title of the best woman in Tellius according to me.

I just spent 40K feathers to promote a couple 4*s I had to make her +5.

My spouse accused me of having Titania as my waifu.

So I ended up in tier 16 after not being bothered to actually tackle the arena for a few weeks and god it is easy, I lazily did a run and ended up almost losing a unit per map and I am still top 500 in the tier, I wasn't expecting it to be that easy.

After I got Henry on Friday I tried Arena Assault again. And look there, I got 4,988 points this time (No deaths). I'm so close to break through 5k, just some more merges for Gwendolyn/A.Tiki/Sheena.

Edited by Stroud

I'm upgrading a Camilla to (eventually) +10 so that she can boost my arena score. She's at +6 just now and I have enough 4* versions of her to make her +10, although my plan is to just keep her a +9 until I get the boon/bane I want the most. She can help my armour units with the Guidance seal, although I'd like to give her the Guidance C Skill.

48 minutes ago, Zelgius said:

She can help my armour units with the Guidance seal, although I'd like to give her the Guidance C Skill

I teamed up Camilla with Black Knight for one Arena assault team, can this be a coincident?
You remember me that I still have to give them ally support.

Edited by Stroud

6 hours ago, Zelgius said:

I'm upgrading a Camilla to (eventually) +10 so that she can boost my arena score. She's at +6 just now and I have enough 4* versions of her to make her +10, although my plan is to just keep her a +9 until I get the boon/bane I want the most. She can help my armour units with the Guidance seal, although I'd like to give her the Guidance C Skill.

What build are you running on Camilla? A DC one?  I'd love to do make mine an arena-regular if I could make her a higher-contributing teammate. I'd also like to merge her one day, too, but I'm currently working on Cordelia first so it's gonna be a while. 

I hope I can even get enough Camillas, or Cordelias for that matter! I just used my last 4* Cordelia and I'm only at +4. 

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Damn... 4894 is still my uppermost limit (in AA, since bonus units drag down my score).

My Arena Assault is only 4880.  I got that the first day, and between spending most of my play time on Tempest and lack of motivation, I haven't gone back for a better score.

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

@Rezzy Nice score. I really need to invest in merges since my highest score is still only 4836.

I hope I can merge enough to stay in Tier 20 next week.

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I hope I can merge enough to stay in Tier 20 next week.

Staying in tier 20 is like 4920s or so, in case you didn't know already*

Congrats on 700 all the way XD 

3 hours ago, Rezzy said:

@Vaximillian @Arcanite @MrSmokestack @SatsumaFSoysoy

I got a new all time high score using my Merric team and newly merged Titania.

Damn, that’s some high score. I’m doomed to not rise higher with Sharena and Arvis, as well as Ninian and CYL Ike.

3 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

@Rezzy Nice score. I really need to invest in merges since my highest score is still only 4836.

My current score is 4836 as well, and that required fishing for 692 teams.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Damn, that’s some high score. I’m doomed to not rise higher with Sharena and Arvis, as well as Ninian and CYL Ike.

My current score is 4836 as well, and that required fishing for 692 teams.

Thankfully, my core team has had some merge potential.  I had a few 4* Titanias I could use, and Xander and Ursula I have a few extra copies of from GHBs, especially Ursula.  I won't be able to go +10 on everybody, but hopefully, I'll have enough to stay in Tier 20 next week.  I've been bouncing between Tiers 19 and 20 for months.

On 11/1/2017 at 3:16 PM, Vaximillian said:

Callil might come pretty close though.

Anyway offense score of 4810 sadly isn't enough to get to Tier 20. Rank is 12,488 and cutoff is 10,387 so getting back to T20 is kind of tough.

Team is Hector, Amelia, BK+1 and Anna. Only fully upgraded seal is Distant Defense, so it looks like I might need to upgrade other seals? (I've got Atk Ploy on Anna and Deflect Missile on Amelia, but all at Level 1)

Do different seals have different point values?

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

[...]

Do different seals have different point values?

As far as I understood, the Seals give you the respective boost as if they were an equipped skill. SP expensive skills/seals will result in a higher arena ranking. 

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Calill is not a part of the Greils though. Calill, Titania, and Tanith comprise my Top-3 of Tellius women.

I was referring to the second part of best woman in Tellius and not so much the Greil Merc part :P

@mampfoid Oh cool thanks. I'm not sure how Deflect Missile is weighed though since it's not a skill yet- I put it onto Amelia since she doesn't have Distant Counter (was using Spur Def first). It's between that and Atk Ploy so I'm not sure what's more important in Arena (although Atk Ploy is mostly in Anna's rotations)

3 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I was referring to the second part of best woman in Tellius and not so much the Greil Merc part :P

Yeah, Titania is a strong second place just behind Calill. Only a tiny gap between the two.

• Tier 20 score of 4990 (Nino +7 with Aether, Nowi +10, Eirika +1, Arvis 5*) - #1892/4800
  • Arena Assault score of 4998 (Nino +7 with Aether, Nowi +10, Eirika +1, Sheena +1) - #1440

Arvis just laughs at enemy green tomes, which is great because it helps take some pressure off of Nino to do almost anything. This also keeps Nino from having to dance around other green mages with G Tomebreaker, as well as allowing for early baiting of green tomes that might threaten Nowi while she's trying to lure in Brave Lyn. All in all, really gonna miss the tyrant once his time's up.

Promoting to tier 20 again with score 4878 (rank 2393 currently). Team: Sigurd, Arvis, BH!Lucina, BH!Ike. No merges. 

8 defense wins. Team: Hana (Quad Build), PA!Azura, Sigurd(DC), BK. No merges. 

Rank 3275 in AA with a score of 4914. Team: BH!Roy +1, Ephraim +2, BK +0, BH!Ike +0

Sadly I won't finish my fresh Nowi in time for the next season. Perhaps I'll do a Flier Emblem run after the double SP weekend. 

Back to 20 this week. Only scored 4,880 since no reason to try for higher to move up. Wish I had more Cordelias, since I'll need a lot more merges if I ever want to stay in tier 20 for consecutive weeks these days. Just over 4,900 is still all I can muster with my best core units and a high-value bonus unit. So not quite good enough. 

Got my nice haul of coins for a total of 86 now. After the next VG round I can fnally max out the +atk seal.