Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

16 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

Eldigan one-shots Cecilia, so his special will not be charged for B!Lyn unfortunately. 

well your reinhardt is 1 point short of killing Lyn, assuming my calculations are correct she will outlive him by 1 HP and kill him on the counter.

Well you are fucked, you can win this but without death not so sure. Atm i dont see another plan ecxept for the one i told you, but if Elidgan doesnt double Cecilia its kinda fucked lol

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

Got myself into a scary situation on the last battle of my AA run yesterday.

Shoot Cecilia dead with Lyn. Dance for Lyn from below and have Lyn Reposition Azura to the right.

Put Eldigan between Lyn and the tree to bait Anna. Put Reinhardt as far away from Ninian as possible, but still in enemy Lyn's range.

On enemy phase, enemy Lyn loses her Hone Cavalry buffs and becomes unable to kill Reinhardt due to Bowbreaker. Ninian doesn't have Wings of Mercy, so leaving enemy Lyn with 1 HP is perfectly fine. Anna walks into Eldigan.

You can then finish off Anna, Ninian, and Lyn on your next player phase.

Edited by Ice Dragon

9 minutes ago, Hilda said:

well your reinhardt is 1 point short of killing Lyn, assuming my calculations are correct she will outlive him by 1 HP and kill him on the counter.

Well you are fucked, you can win this but without death not so sure. Atm i dont see another plan ecxept for the one i told you, but if Elidgan doesnt double Cecilia its kinda fucked lol

You had the right idea going after Cecilia first.  It's just with who and how to follow up is the question.

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Shoot Cecilia dead with Lyn. Lyn has 1 HP left. Dance for Lyn from below and have Lyn Reposition Azura to the right.

Put Eldigan between Lyn and the tree to bait Anna. Put Reinhardt as far away from Ninian as possible, but still in enemy Lyn's range.

On enemy phase, enemy Lyn loses her Hone Cavalry buffs and becomes unable to kill Reinhardt due to Bowbreaker. Ninian doesn't have Wings of Mercy, so leaving enemy Lyn with 1 HP is perfectly fine.

It's not the solution I used, but this works too!

I attacked Cecilia with Lyn, and used Sing without moving Azura.  Lyn's special is charged from the Cecilia engagement (she actually survived with I think 12 or 13 Hp; Mulagir negates magic buffs), and is able to one-shot the enemy B!Lyn.  Reinhardt used Reciprocal Aid on B!Lyn, and Eldigan Repositioned him away.  My B!Lyn tanks Ninian's attack, and then next turn I can mop up her and Anna at my leisure. 

I created a new team for this week's arena:

Spoiler

Anna [Neutral] (Noatun, Reposition, Iceberg, Fury 3, Desperation 3, Spur Res 3, Spd +2)

Camilla +8 [+Att/-HP] (Brave Axe+, Reposition, Iceberg, Death Blow 3, Drag Back, Def Ploy 3, Guidance 3)

Mae [+Spd/-Def] (Blarowl+, Reposition, Iceberg, Fury 3, Desperation 3, Hone Spd 3, Deflect Magic 3)

Black Knight +1 [Neutral] (Alondite, Pivot, Black Luna, Steady Stance 3, Quick Riposte 3, Panic Ploy 3, Distant Def 3)

It took me a little bit of time to tune this team, but it worked well once I was used to it. I've been meaning to find a proper use for my Mae ever since I got her a while ago, so I'm glad I've found a good use for her. It was quite fun to use this time since I wasn't used to using Guidance, it makes for some fun tactics.

Edited by Zelgius

Team : Selena, Gwendolyn +3, A.Tiki +5, Sheena +3
4,994 Points in normal Arena. I am so close breaking the 5k.

I will do Arena Assault on weekend. 

It is a bit of a shame that I realized to late that A.Tiki has the same BST as Palla. Palla with Guidance would also have been nice. But A.Tiki does a real good job, no regrets. 
Sadly I just can't build a core with Deirdre if I want more points. So I stick to Sheena for now, I will see what I can do if Gwendolyn and A.Tiki are close to +10

It seems that 4924 is my new lucky number. Same team as last week: Alm, Merric, PA!Azura, and Nowi. Part of me wants to stat working on another high merged 5 star character. It may very well be Adult Tiki since I have a lot of copies of her but I do like to use her for Bonfire...she's fairly easy to come by however. But I do also have a lot of Lilinas. BST isn't as high, but she's also not as useful for inheritence. We'll have to see. I prefer to merge characters I really, really love.

Arena Assault score is 4938. I started with Alm, Merric, Amelia, and Nowi. I was really surprised since this was my first run too. Arena is fun when you can plan for the cancerous teams that appear. Though surprisingly, I only saw a handful for horses.

And I got my one defense win from a guy named Joe with Ayra as his lead. Sorry, Joe! And then I switched out my horse team for Merric, Shigure, Summer Leo, and Leon.

I think I saw you in Arena @LuxSpes

AmVltJT.png?1

@SatsumaFSoysoy @Vaximillian @Arcanite @MrSmokestack 

I merged all my available copies to try to bump up my score, hopefully, it's enough to stay in Tier 20 for the first time. @Rafiel's Aria

TZVN84x.png?1

Edited by Rezzy

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy @Vaximillian @Arcanite @MrSmokestack 

I merged all my available copies to try to bump up my score, hopefully, it's enough to stay in Tier 20 for the first time. @Rafiel's Aria

TZVN84x.png?1

I feel like that's definitely going to be enough. the mid/upper 4920s is kind of the lowest part of tier 20 that gets to stay. You should be ale to sit in there pretty comfortably now. :3 Congrats!!!!

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I think I saw you in Arena @LuxSpes

That looks like me alright. If the team was Lucina/Nino/Azura/Arvis, that's guaranteed to be me. Decided to just use my offense team as my defense team instead of going the Reinhardt way for a while now and it's been more effective than my "Bonus baiting Reinhardt, Bridelia, Azura" team.

I guess some people are so focused on countering the Horse Emblem threats they're caught off guard by infantry teams. I need a better B!Lyn counter though. I wish I had a spare B!Ike to give Steady Breath to A!Tiki. 

19 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Ooh, yes, it looks like you might make it.

Yay

17 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I feel like that's definitely going to be enough. the mid/upper 4920s is kind of the lowest part of tier 20 that gets to stay. You should be ale to sit in there pretty comfortably now. :3 Congrats!!!!

I hope so.  It looks like I'm rank 3029 with 4445 being the cutoff, which makes me a bit nervous.

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

@Rezzy: That’s quite a score. Woah.

Thanks, I put a lot of work into getting those merges, but hopefully, we'll be getting more Xanders soon.

I notice your game is in English; is Russian an option or do you like playing in English?

10 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

That looks like me alright. If the team was Lucina/Nino/Azura/Arvis, that's guaranteed to be me. Decided to just use my offense team as my defense team instead of going the Reinhardt way for a while now and it's been more effective than my "Bonus baiting Reinhardt, Bridelia, Azura" team.

I guess some people are so focused on countering the Horse Emblem threats they're caught off guard by infantry teams. I need a better B!Lyn counter though. I wish I had a spare B!Ike to give Steady Breath to A!Tiki. 

Yep, that's the team.  It was my 7th battle, so I was nervous, since I was going for my all time high score.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I notice your game is in English; is Russian an option or do you like playing in English?

There is no Russian option. FE games have never been translated into Russian officially, but I’ve seen a few translation romhacks. I also had an idea to take up romhacking to make my own translations, but that never realised.

I do prefer English for many games though.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Yep, that's the team.  It was my 7th battle, so I was nervous, since I was going for my all time high score.

I'm glad you beat my team then. Would have felt bad if it broke your high score attempt on the last battle.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

There is no Russian option. FE games have never been translated into Russian officially, but I’ve seen a few translation romhacks. I also had an idea to take up romhacking to make my own translations, but that never realised.

I do prefer English for many games though.

Ah, it's not something that comes up for me much, since games either are in English, which is my native tongue, or Japanese, which I have zero understanding of.  I guess the most comparable thing for me would be books in German,  I can read them, but having to mentally translate everything is a bit more taxing on my brain if that makes any sense.  Even more so for French.

Sorry for the tangent, just one of those random things that pops up in my head.

1 minute ago, LuxSpes said:

I'm glad you beat my team then. Would have felt bad if it broke your high score attempt on the last battle.

Only one person has encountered my team, that I know of.  I've never seen a name I recognize from SF before, though I have seen the same names pop up a few times on my Defense Win list.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Only one person has encountered my team, that I know of.

Why would you need to be sorry? It’s natural to be curious. The forum is for communication and sharing information anyway, so it’s not like you’re doing anything inappropriate.

I think I met a fake Rezzy too once. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a screenshot. I definitely shouldn’t be able to encounter you at my score range, and that Rezzy was represented by Lucina, IIRC.

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Why would you need to be sorry? It’s natural to be curious. The forum is for communication and sharing information anyway, so it’s not like you’re doing anything inappropriate.

I think I met a fake Rezzy too once. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a screenshot. I definitely shouldn’t be able to encounter you at my score range, and that Rezzy was represented by Lucina, IIRC.

Thanks

If it was Lucina, it definitely wasn't me.  I usually lead with Titania, or sometimes a bonus unit.  I didn't have Lucina at all for the longest time.  I got her a few weeks ago, but she was -Atk (figures), so she's still level 1 on my bench, since I have "Marth" who is basically Lucina without a bad nature.  I must find this Rezzy imposter!

16 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Ah, it's not something that comes up for me much, since games either are in English, which is my native tongue, or Japanese, which I have zero understanding of.  I guess the most comparable thing for me would be books in German,  I can read them, but having to mentally translate everything is a bit more taxing on my brain if that makes any sense.  Even more so for French.

Only one person has encountered my team, that I know of.  I've never seen a name I recognize from SF before, though I have seen the same names pop up a few times on my Defense Win list.

If I might jump in on the language tangent, my native language is French, but I only play games in English, even those that have a French translations. Probably because back when I started gaming, games were still English only in NA and as such I became used to games being in English. Pretty sure it helped me learn English as well.

IIRC, someone else had encountered my team before you, though it was in Arena Assault. I don't remember encountering any SF user's team in the game, though I barely pay attention to the name of the team I'm facing most of the time, so I could have easily missed it.

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I didn't have Lucina at all for the longest time.  I got her a few weeks ago, but she was -Atk (figures), so she's still level 1 on my bench, since I have "Marth" who is basically Lucina without a bad nature.  I must find this Rezzy imposter!

I still don’t. I have “Marth” and I have Lucina with a pointy stick, but I don’t have the original, plain, ordinary, vanilla Lucina.

your Lucina can’t get a bad nature if you don’t get Lucina…

I doubt I’ll find her again, but I’ll be sure to take a screenshot if I do.

Holy woah, I suddenly had a surge of defense wins in my main account! 5 wins, which is a lot after a long time (usually get 1 or 2). Not bad for having no cavalry (Wom Axura, Fury Vantage +Spd Threaten Spd Ike, Desperation Anna, Vantage BK)

tumblr_oz7aotIxjt1qcrdmuo1_1280.png

Second account sadly still has no defense wins, but I got my highest score yet! 4878! Too bad it's only for me going back to Tier 19 and not Tier 20, but still a personal best.

Edited by mcsilas

6c4acccaaf.PNG

Decided to try using Jakob to see if I could actually score enough to stay in 20 for a change. Outside of tossing a bunch more swords for more 710 point matches and praying I actually win them all, this was about as good as it could get right now. 

I'm not feeling too confident, though. This still seems like it'll be too low with 3 days left to drop. :(

Also, the amount of +10 units I saw today was nuts. So many horrific merged horses, mages and fliers everywhere. 

And here's a funny but scary moment in my run:

Spoiler

8c2744f0e7.PNG

There was an S Corrin in range of my Hector besides Hinoka. I decided to be lazy about the calculator since I thought Hector could one shot S Corrin on the return, while still tanking Hinoka. 

Well I was wrong, and the S Corrin needed 2 hits and so she hit Hector twice and left him at exactly 1 hp before she died. I was ready to watch my deathless run be destroyed as Hinoka moved over to finish him off.. but she quad hit him for 0x4! Good thing I gave Jakob that Ward Armor. 

I want to thank my Hoshidan wife for sparing my deathless run. (now if only you'd come home)

31 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Also, the amount of +10 units I saw today was nuts. So many horrific merged horses, mages and fliers everywhere. 

Welcome to the 700s.  (It sucks here!)  I struggled a lot getting a deathless run when I first got into this range a few months ago.  :>_<:  I called it Horse Emblem on steroids.

Congrats on the score and deathless streak.  I am crossing my fingers that you can stay!  :):  

32 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Welcome to the 700s.  (It sucks here!)  I struggled a lot getting a deathless run when I first got into this range a few months ago.  :>_<:  I called it Horse Emblem on steroids.

Congrats on the score and deathless streak.  I am crossing my fingers that you can stay!  :):  

Thanks! I've been in the 696-702 range for the past couple months, but it seems like Halloween Jakob + another merge on Cordelia bumped me into a 698-710 range. I mostly took 702-706 runs so it could have been a bit better, but I was worried I'd just lose and waste too many swords if I rolled for 710 every single match.

It's weird such a small jump in points made it go from occasional +8-10 Reinhardts to full +10 horse teams now. With Cordelia as my only merged unit (+4) it sure is nasty to say the least.

32 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Wow, only around 700 spots (because the threshold will probably still expand a little over the weekend) before getting pushed out at 4938 is kinda nuts. Only a couple weeks ago was 4920ish enough to stay. Never thought approaching 4940 would get that dicey so soon.

Has it really spiked again? I know it had spike when CYL hit. This is the first time I've tried staying in 20 since CYL raised the bar to what's usually too high for me, so I'm not sure how it's been progressing since then.