Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

42 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

In other news:

Reveal hidden contents

tLWwwQl.png

YES. HELL YES. HELL FUCKING YES.

So a score of 4,450 places me rank 8,694 at the moment. Wow. Is it even possible for me to not drop out of top 10k by Tuesday?

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still haven't got a 7 win streak this run. Got to battle 7 once but then I faced a cavalry team of Olwen, Reinhardt, Gunther and... I want to say Jagen but not sure. That kind of hurt.

This was before I actually did any skill inheritance though so will see how it goes tomorrow. Kagero at least should be able to defeat more units with her new Life and Death

Anybody else forced to use some random F Robin because they have no other units? The arena for me is not looking too hot right now.

But now that Anna is gonna be in the next one, things are gonna get spicy.

4 minutes ago, Sylphid said:

This was before I actually did any skill inheritance though so will see how it goes tomorrow. Kagero at least should be able to defeat more units with her new Life and Death

You can also give her a silver dagger + for extra power on top of life and death. Swap out warding blow with darting blow or +3 atk for extra nastiness

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Anybody else forced to use some random F Robin because they have no other units? The arena for me is not looking too hot right now.

I actually grew fond of her for her destruction of her male counterpart. Double-teaming Effies with Lilina was fun too.

And I'll never forget how she erased a non-Lilinable Hector via Ignis yesterday.
But since then I gave Lilina Iceberg and she's been managing her father just fine on her own…

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

You can also give her a silver dagger + for extra power on top of life and death. Swap out warding blow with darting blow or +3 atk for extra nastiness

Why would you get rid of poison dagger? That's the main reason people use her in the first place 

7 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Why would you get rid of poison dagger? That's the main reason people use her in the first place 

Poison dagger plus has a big enormous whopping 5 might. It really just depends on how long infantry allies are gonna be in. Silver dagger+ gets her +5 attack which is a boost to 45 on neutral kageros and 48 on +atk variants. If you give her atk+3 she now has 48 or 51 atk. And she inflicts Def and res -7 on anything, not just infantry. Alternatively you can give her darting blow which gives neutral kageros 38 speed and +spd variants 41. She may lose her infantry effectiveness, but now she debuffs everything and gives filthy damage in one shot.

But death blow on poison dagger is almost the same thing so it just depends on personal preference.

Death blow on silver dagger is also even more retarded

26 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I like Poison Dagger too much :P: (it's the only reason I'm using a 4* Kagero in my arena team in the first place). Also, Life and Death is in A slot like Warding Blow. Of course the less infantry there will be the less useful it is so will see how things develop.

And yes, I've been using Robin this season and it's kind of painful. That said, I don't have many green or magic units in the first place so she has her role she can do. If nothing else she can slow cook Effie faster than Kagero lol.

Next season will be Ursula for me I think, if I'll have the feathers to spare I think she'll natch a new tome from Odin.

Edited by Sylphid

2 minutes ago, Sylphid said:

I like Poison Dagger too much :P: (it's the only reason I'm using a 4* Kagero in my arena team in the first place). Also, Life and Death is in A slot like Warding Blow. Of course the less infantry there will be the less useful it is so will see how things develop.

I said atk+3 and warding/death blow because life and death pretty much zorks her resistance and her already non-existent defense becomes ever more non-existent, thus begs the question; will she stay alive long enough for reprisal/vengeance? Probably not but that +6 attack and speed is just straight nastiness. Might put that on my Kageros actually . . . . . . .

19 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I said atk+3 and warding/death blow because life and death pretty much zorks her resistance and her already non-existent defense becomes ever more non-existent, thus begs the question; will she stay alive long enough for reprisal/vengeance? Probably not but that +6 attack and speed is just straight nastiness. Might put that on my Kageros actually . . . . . . .

Right, misunderstood you on that part, sorry. I use her to kill things that can't counter (due to lack of range or dying) anyways, so decreased defenses aren't a huge issue for me. But honestly the main reason I gave her Life and Death is that that's what I have available (Life and Death 2, incidentally)

If all else fails, remember you can use Poison Dagger as a "Dragon Counter" since Dragons are also counted as Infantry. This is useful if the team is not fielding Falchion users.

Offense Score: 4336 Score Update!
Current Ranking: 21,156 Rank Update!...
Team: Ephraim (173), Ryoma (174), 4* F!Robin (143), Marth (173) || Total Rating: 663

Oh come on... I get a higher score, and end up with less rank than I had previously. At this rate, I'll be lucky if I'm still in the top 30k. I suppose Arena quests, Skill Inheritance, and the Voting Gauntlet being over means much more stiff competition...

Not only that, my Defense Team (Erika, Ephraim, Ryoma, 4* Kagero) is not getting any wins either. If this trend continues, I'll not have any Defense wins for two weeks. Any suggestions for my Defense Team?

Spoiler

Note: Only the top two pages of my roster are listed.
Note 2: Units that are favorited have favorable Boons & Banes and are units I put more effort into compared to others.

WCtBZFL.png

Edited by Sire

@Sire I'd probably go with Nowi, Ephraim, Eirika, Kagero.

Would be great if your Nowi has Swordbreaker and Ephraim Quick Riposte/Lancebreaker/Swordbreaker.

Edited by pianime94

14 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Another defense victory, six overall now! Do people underestimate Sharena? Did adding Iceberg and Bowbreaker to Lilina change things this much?

I'm trying a different team now... Sharena, Ryoma, Minerva and Jeorge, hopefully this combination has better luck defending.

2 hours ago, pianime94 said:

Would be great if your Nowi has Swordbreaker

Isn't Nowi a blue dragon? no swordbreaker for her.

@Sire Didn't really think about it when I mentioned my love of Poison Dagger, but yes, it does double as a Falchion replacement.

As of right now I don't think my team can get sub10k (at the end of the round) with a perfect clear while dragging Robin(F) along, even with Fury!Eirika. Could give Fury 2 to my other units from Bartre but eh the SP grind is too annoying and the arena scoring will change in a few weeks. 

On defense, been getting lots of wins with just the offense team (with deadweight Robin(F)), even against teams with leader Niles/Peri that probably shouldn't lose to a mage centric composition. The power of Desperation!Iceberg!Linde and LifeAndDeath!Robin(M) with Eirika buffs I guess.

Next week with Ursula is going to be pray-no-Blue-tomebreaker though. >_>

Edited by XeKr

7 hours ago, Elieson said:

3* F!Robin, 5* Nowi/Seliph/Julia, no modified skills. Had 3 deaths in one of my 7 runs but the other 6 were perfecto.

BST: 656

Offense: 4,282 

Next arena's gonna be nuts with bonus dancers

Did slightly better, with a single battle having 2 deaths instead of 3. 

4,314 @ 24,438. It's scary because I keep thinking "Oh it's just another Lucina, lemme just bait her with Seliph and finish her with Nowi, but Lucina has Vantage and I completely overlook it!

I guess I've just been really lucky, but I find it really odd that I've barely run into any teams with inherited skills so far. There was one team I ran into with a Vantage Takumi (which Bowbreaker Julia made quick work of), but aside from that...nothing. Wonder how long my luck will last.

3/15/2017 - Offense 4,341; Rank 12,929 (6:40PM PST)
3/17/2017 - Offense 4,438; Rank 10,034 (2:14PM PST) [deathless]

Team: M!Robin [+Atk/-Spd] (159), Ryoma [+Res/-HP] (173), Camilla [+Spd/-HP] (161), Sully [+Spd/-HP] (151)
BST: 644
Note: All Level 40. All 5* except 4* Sully.

I'll be <30K at this rate. Giving that M!Robin Swordbreaker 3 and Ryoma Vantage 2 has been pretty worth it in my eyes. M!Robin has effectively become the Eater of Swords, laughing at any Ryoma, Lyn, Lucina, or even Eirika he sees. Bonus if there's a Takumi paired up with a Sword. Even though I can't buy Vantage 3 yet, Ryoma's Vantage 2 is the same HP threshold as Defiant Attack 3. Ryoma survives? Say hi to +7 Attack that you'll never go first against.

A few seasons of dancing Ninian is going to be fun. I've scored a high Defense win but I'm considering swapping the Olivia that's there for Ninian once she's Level 40. A team of M!Robin, Ryoma, Ninian, and Abel might be too anti-Red though...

Score of 4502:

• Ground Zero (4PM PST Mar 15) - #3004
  • 23 Hours Later - #4115
  • 47 Hours Later - #4832

Yeeeeep, that top 5k is gonna be gone in about 4-6 hours. On the upside, even if I continue losing 1000 ranks per day, I won't drop out of the top 10k by a long shot.

9 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I guess I've just been really lucky, but I find it really odd that I've barely run into any teams with inherited skills so far. There was one team I ran into with a Vantage Takumi (which Bowbreaker Julia made quick work of), but aside from that...nothing. Wonder how long my luck will last.

I don't think a lot of people have had a chance to upgrade their defense teams—especially given that a lot of people have separate teams and since the offense team is the real breadwinner here, they'd gonna invest there first. I've run into a few custom ones, including that nasty Takumi +10 with Brave Bow+ and L&D3, but I'd say around 80% of the opponents I face are still just vanilla skills (but not stats—I've been running into a lot of multiple 3-5 merges lately when previously I'd only face one with about that size of merge or several units with smaller merges adding up to that range).

6 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Score of 4502:

• Ground Zero (4PM PST Mar 15) - #3004
  • 23 Hours Later - #4115
  • 47 Hours Later - #4832

Yeeeeep, that top 5k is gonna be gone in about 4-6 hours. On the upside, even if I continue losing 1000 ranks per day, I won't drop out of the top 10k by a long shot.

I don't think a lot of people have had a chance to upgrade their defense teams—especially given that a lot of people have separate teams and since the offense team is the real breadwinner here, they'd gonna invest there first. I've run into a few custom ones, including that nasty Takumi +10 with Brave Bow+ and L&D3, but I'd say around 80% of the opponents I face are still just vanilla skills (but not stats—I've been running into a lot of multiple 3-5 merges lately when previously I'd only face one with about that size of merge or several units with smaller merges adding up to that range).

That makes sense. I'm still not entirely sure what to do for defense because I'm not getting any hits (currently Ninian, Julia, Sharena, Ryoma) :/

And yeah, I've been running into a lot of merged units. I've yet to run into any more than two +10s on a single team though, with the worst being a total of +27 (+10, +10, +5, +2)

No death run is pretty tough when you team is meh on top of FRobin

4.2K. (Ephraim, Nowi, Tharja, RobinF)

People are getting better in Arena now... there's less defense result