Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

So a score of 4,450 places me rank 8,694 at the moment. Wow. Is it even possible for me to not drop out of top 10k by Tuesday?

Same score, rank 9,035. I wish I don't drop below 10k but it's inevitable.

I've got one Defense Win, so I'm good for this week, but I'm honestly surprised that I don't have more, considering the extra cheese extra skills my team has now.

Is the glitch where D wins aren't showing up still going on, or did it get fixed yet?

Score: 4602

My team consists of Sharena (177), Nino (172 with fury), Eirika (173), and Eldigan (181) for a total BST of 703. To be honest, I haven't run into any teams with broken skillsets or anything and fingers crossed that I never do.

22 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Is the glitch where D wins aren't showing up still going on, or did it get fixed yet?

I thought it was supposed to be fixed already.

Since I'm there, 9,035 → 9,100 after an hour. Still the score of 4,450.

Edited by Vaximillian

My score of 4418 has dropped to Rank 12,192.

13 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I've got one Defense Win, so I'm good for this week, but I'm honestly surprised that I don't have more, considering the extra cheese extra skills my team has now.

I have 3 Defense wins, maybe they aren't getting picked by the matchmaker?

I just tried Arena today and none of my 3 opponents had any extra skills on them.

12 minutes ago, ExpendableExtra said:

My score of 4418 has dropped to Rank 12,192.

I have 3 Defense wins, maybe they aren't getting picked by the matchmaker?

I just tried Arena today and none of my 3 opponents had any extra skills on them.

It seems to be random I had as many as 10 one week, but only one so far this week.  I wish I could holdover my excess wins from those weeks.

Offense 4516 Ranks 3980 as of now.  Hopefully, that stays in the top 5K, but we'll see how many people up their score over the weekend.

Looking for some help with my team for next season. I have the following 5*: YTiki (+res/-spd), Takumi (+spd/-res), Eirika (+atk/-hp), Nino (+spd/-res), Marth (+hp/-spd), Hinoka, Hawkeye, Camilla, Elise.

Bonus heroes available: 4* Ursula, 3* Anna that I can 4*

I've been thinking of 2 comps.

Eirika (173), Nino (163), Ursula 4* (140) and Ytiki (178) = 654

Eirika (173), Nino (163), Takumi (161) and Anna 4* (157) = 654

I think Ursula would be more useful since she's blue but the other team gives me Takumi as the 2nd ranged unit which is probably stronger and adds a bit of diversity. Any suggestions on which is better or maybe something else entirely? I ran Eirika, Nino, YTiki, and 4* Sully this season and it worked fine but some maps like the lava one is really rough with a melee heavy team especially if they don't have one or more armored units.

My play is extremely defensive trying to avoid combat while Nino nukes the enemy down and YTiki countering Hector. With my Eirika being -hp and Ytiki -spd getting doubled a lot I don't feel very comfortable tanking hits.

1 hour ago, Gengar said:

Looking for some help with my team for next season. I have the following 5*: YTiki (+res/-spd), Takumi (+spd/-res), Eirika (+atk/-hp), Nino (+spd/-res), Marth (+hp/-spd), Hinoka, Hawkeye, Camilla, Elise.

Bonus heroes available: 4* Ursula, 3* Anna that I can 4*

I've been thinking of 2 comps.

Eirika (173), Nino (163), Ursula 4* (140) and Ytiki (178) = 654

Eirika (173), Nino (163), Takumi (161) and Anna 4* (157) = 654

I think Ursula would be more useful since she's blue but the other team gives me Takumi as the 2nd ranged unit which is probably stronger and adds a bit of diversity. Any suggestions on which is better or maybe something else entirely? I ran Eirika, Nino, YTiki, and 4* Sully this season and it worked fine but some maps like the lava one is really rough with a melee heavy team especially if they don't have one or more armored units.

My play is extremely defensive trying to avoid combat while Nino nukes the enemy down and YTiki countering Hector. With my Eirika being -hp and Ytiki -spd getting doubled a lot I don't feel very comfortable tanking hits.

As weird as this will sounds, Takumi (give him Hone Atk), Eir, Nino, and Ursula (and swap Threaten Res for Hone Res).  Your goal is to nuke with Nino, with Takumi as bait.  Eir is a support bot, and Ursula can pick off any reds that threaten Nino.  See if you can give one of Takumi/Ursula something like Shove, for repositioning.

If you're as much of a skirmisher as I am, you should be able to deal with three ranged attackers on your side.

I did not expect this would happen, mainly bc I'm not use to Ryo having vantage yet but

so today i am on the dreaded lava map (TM) and it's down to Linde, but my Ryoma has like 9 hp left and Nino is out of range

so I last ditch effort move Ryo up to punt Linde, 30 dmg, can't quite ohko, thought i'd at least win with nino and olivia alive

then Ryoma's like "bitch i got vantage" and Linde was kill

bless this lobster

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

As weird as this will sounds, Takumi (give him Hone Atk), Eir, Nino, and Ursula (and swap Threaten Res for Hone Res).  Your goal is to nuke with Nino, with Takumi as bait.  Eir is a support bot, and Ursula can pick off any reds that threaten Nino.  See if you can give one of Takumi/Ursula something like Shove, for repositioning.

If you're as much of a skirmisher as I am, you should be able to deal with three ranged attackers on your side.

Takumi, Eir, Nino, Ursula would be the strongest no doubt but I'm just worried it drops my BST too low. I definitely want to get that 4k offense rating at least. I could also try to get Sharena up to 5* and run Sharena, Eir, Nino, Ursula potentially since Sharena should be a semi decent tank. I think Eir should be able to take out Hector still as long as he doesn't have some crazy inherited skill set.

4 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I mean you also have to consider that more people on offense will have extra skills now, which may make it harder to defend against them.

Before this week my highest score was 3800ish and it was enough to get into the top 100K. Now I pushed on to get that 4001+ (Got exactly 4100) and it's at risk of being kicked out of the top 100K

2 hours ago, Silith13 said:

Before this week my highest score was 3800ish and it was enough to get into the top 100K. Now I pushed on to get that 4001+ (Got exactly 4100) and it's at risk of being kicked out of the top 100K

Inherit skills makes it easier for a lot of people to score higher I assume. Still, you'll get all the offensive rewards, including the ones that recently got added, congrats! =)

I guess the extra 500 feathers make up for the 500 I lost from not having a succesfull defence. All previous weeks I had loads of succesfull defences but this time is a big nope.

Usually my score us about 3700~3900, last week I hit 4201! And today I managed 4342!

Hoping to stay under the 30k ranking (4201 was already out, at 22k now).

No idea what im gonna do next season though... have been leveling Ursula. I'd be happy if i can get to a 4k score.

Current team:

5*Reinhardt(149), 4*Olivia lvl 36 (139), 5*Lucina(173), 5*Camilla(161)

I have zero defense wins this time around and barely had one last time, but the time before that I had like 5.  My defense team has not changed...

My offense score is like 4150 or something.  I don't know what's going on, but it's very odd...

Edited by Eselred

I reached a personal milestone today, landing 18 points past the 4,500 mark for the first time. It could have been better, though, since I suffered one death during that run. Currently ranked around 4k for offense and 270 on defense, with 5 defense wins. My team right now is Eldigan / Ephraim / Lucina / Merric.

Score of 4502:

• Ground Zero (4PM PST Mar 15) - #3004
  • 23 Hours Later - #4115
  • 47 Hours Later - #4832
  • 58 Hours Later - #5480

Score of 4504 (lol):

• Ground Zero (1PM PST Mar 18) - #5326

This improvement came as a surprise, since I had a two 640s and a 642 in there. I was just practicing to get a feel for the new skill meta and finish my dailies and managed a deathless chain that ended on a 648—just barely enough for the most marginal improvement. Pretty funny stuff.

Side note: Fury 3!Marth is sooooooooo much nicer than using Seliph.

EDIT: Just started another match and it has a Lyn +10 and a Linde +2 (in addition to Takumi +4 and Julia +2, but those are less notable). Looks like someone sacrificed the souls of a dozen orphanages.

Edited by Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi

I've been surprised to find very few teams with extra Skills.  There were a couple cheese teams, like Nowi with Vantage, but overall it seems I've been seeing mostly Vanilla units.  I wonder if the matchmaker has been filtering those teams out somehow.  It might also explain why I've only got 1 Defense Win this week.