Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

I estimate my current team will land just outside top 10k (at the end of the session) so debating if I should give Linde/Robin(M) Fury 2 from Bartre to try and make it. I wish I gave Fury 3 from my duplicate Hinata to Linde, it would help her activate Desperation, the Atk/Def would help (have noticed some borderline cases), and I think Eirika only needs Fury 2 for the kills I need her for (mostly just ohko on neutral Nino). Don’t want to use up any final copies of characters if possible.

In other news, ran into +6 Olwen/Reinhardt and Gronnblade+!Cecilia with all of Hone/Fortify/Goad Cav. That was fun. >_>

Also, realized I have Azama, who has better stat total than Ursula, isn’t a Blue Tome, and heals, so I’m training him for next week. Hopefully with crystals can make lvl 40. At least Fury helps for training, can grind in starting stratum and such. 

wrt Defense wins: They really just seem random. I usually get 2-3 250+ wins per week except this week there’s 9 and several have anti-mage units. Multiple even have Hector leads, and I don’t understand how they would lose to a team that relies on 2 blue mages. 

Edited by XeKr

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, XeKr said:

I estimate my current team will land just outside top 10k (at the end of the session) so debating if I should give Linde/Robin(M) Fury 2 from Bartre to try and make it. I wish I gave Fury 3 from my duplicate Hinata to Linde, it would help her activate Desperation, the Atk/Def would help (have noticed some borderline cases), and I think Eirika only needs Fury 2 for the kills I need her for (mostly just ohko on neutral Nino). Don’t want to use up any final copies of characters if possible.

In other news, ran into +6 Olwen/Reinhardt and Gronnblade+!Cecilia with all of Hone/Fortify/Goad Cav. That was fun. >_>

Also, realized I have Azama, who has better stat total than Ursula, isn’t a Blue Tome, and heals, so I’m training him for next week. Hopefully with crystals can make lvl 40. At least Fury helps for training, can grind in starting stratum and such. 

wrt Defense wins: They really just seem random. I usually get 2-3 250+ wins per week except this week there’s 9 and several have anti-mage units. Multiple even have Hector leads, and I don’t understand how they would lose to a team that relies on 2 blue mages. 

I was planning a full cavalry mage team all with xxxblade tomes and the goad/fortify/etc cavalry skills. I'm far from it right now but it would seem like really strong on defence.

Okay, I know I've been giving Sully a lot more credit lately, but I thought this was worth mentioning: I just ran into a Lucina +7 with Renewal 2 and Aether. Even as a -Atk 4* +0, Sully with Rally Attack applied pretty much obliterated her. "Tank this!" This was also after dueling a Ryoma +2 (who she dominated significantly less, but she still shut him down).

3 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Okay, I know I've been giving Sully a lot more credit lately, but I thought this was worth mentioning: I just ran into a Lucina +7 with Renewal 2 and Aether. Even as a -Atk 4* +0, Sully with Rally Attack applied pretty much obliterated her. "Tank this!" This was also after dueling a Ryoma +2 (who she dominated significantly less, but she still shut him down).

Funny ... using Sully this week hasn't made me a fan of her at all. Her damage output is just too low for me (mine is -ATK, which doesn't help), and I already run Azura with Sapphire lance, so 90% of the time I just have Sully hide in a corner of the map while my other 3 units clear it.

Sully has a hard time hurting anything that isn't red, but most teams seem to have at least one sword lord for her to annihilate and earn her place on the team. She also has some nice utility with Draw Back and her mounted movement to get in position to make use of it. I could probably get more mileage out of another 5*, but she's in the same boat as Catria of being fun to use and feeling like I'm actually putting the team slot to some decent use. Meanwhile, Odin and f!Robin could really just run and hide and hope for some chance to chip something.

I'm also in the fan-of-sully boat, and her draw back utility pairs excellently with Nino's own draw back and olivia, giving a ridiculous range of positioning options. Granted, I have a +atk sully and her -spd doesn't do shit because the swords do piddy damage to her and can't double anyway. It's been nice working with her.

Anyway I pretty much peaked 4386 this season unless i do some rerolls to get those scores marginally higher, but not really worth--I'll be in the 10k-30k range regardless. I did some test runs with Ursula for next season--so far it looks like that she'll be able to do something that isn't just stand around and cry, although i don't have enough sp to get her blarblade to run with my buff squad. She can tank the Tikis and damage reds enough for Ryoma to finish off (i did this thing where she chipped Lucina, got danced by Olivia to escape and Nino got Olivia out of the way, and then Ryoma Vantagekilled Lucina on EP, it was nice), the problem is that we're not april update yet and she drops my team bst significantly lower than with sully and reinhardt (140 to rein's 148 an sully's 151) and idk if getting 618-620 a round (assuming 618, 4326 by the end) is good enough to keep in the 30k range. The best thing for my BST is to sub Olivia for someone else--since i definitely don't have enough to 5* Olivia and with the april updates it might not be worth to do that--but i really like the freedom of positioning i get. Thoughts?

Sully is the only unit I can use for the bonus, I'm sitting just outside rank 40k, with around 4200 points. Maybe at 5* she's alright, but it's kind of a pain dragging her through arena. Thankfully for the next bonus units I have Ninian, so I can use a team I actually want to

Anyway, I just came here to say I find it amusing how for most of the week I've been getting nothing in my defensive scores, and then I finally decide to switch from my initial story team (which I'd actually been getting by with for all these weeks. 5*s Roy, Camilla, Sakura, and Male!Robin) to my new "main" one (5*s Adult!Tiki, Male!Robin, Camilla and Ninian) and then I get two. Although, my story team had given me a successful defense.

Saw a Hector with Vantage in Arena and freaked out at first but then...

RIP Hector

EDIT to avoid double-posting: Currently sitting at rank 595 with a score of 4616 (finally broke into 4.6k woot!)

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

Team: Sharena, Abel, F.Robin, and Marth
3/15: 3453 Rank: Around 80,000
3/16: 4,087 Rank: 43,327
3/17: 4,169 Rank: 43,260
3/19: 4,169 Rank: 53,001

Probably won't be able to score higher than this, some matchups are just too tough for me (strong mages on bridge map and the damn forest blocking my Abel) always losing units/losing the streak.

Since I replaced Nino with my Vantage Hector, my team of Jagen, Eirika, Hector, and Robin-M managed to get a 1-death score of 4,442.

I discovered that Jagen is pretty good against Ryoma, since he can survive enemy phase and takes off over half his health per hit. So that helped in a couple of instances.

Finally got a deathless 7 win streak after two failed attempts, landing me at 4274 offense points (rank hasn't updated yet). I was quite worried I wouldn't be able to get all the offense rewards.

Hilariously enough both fails were against Reinhardt in last fight. The second one was, as far as I could see, unbeatable due to starting positions.

20 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Fell down to 10,028. Not unexpected, still farewell 500 feathers.

Score of 4,450 points now ranks 10,995. Meanwhile, got a seventh defence victory.

Actually, 4,450 is the very maximum I can get with this team. Whom to include next season, Ursula or Anna? Decisions, decisions.

Edited by Vaximillian

4,508 points is sitting at rank 5,503. Pretty solidly in the top 10k, but getting in the top 5k and staying these would be very challenging. Especially since I haven't been able to manage more deathless chains, even with playing the Arena twice as much this week.

As I move up the tiers the combination of Hector + a ranged attacker sneaking behind him starts to become more prevalent, which makes me realise just how squishy my team is, with a def bane to boot...

Anyway, after a few deaths this season, may be it's time to put Hector back to the team again. But gosh that aweful movement of 1...!

46 minutes ago, OKigen said:

As I move up the tiers the combination of Hector + a ranged attacker sneaking behind him starts to become more prevalent, which makes me realise just how squishy my team is, with a def bane to boot...

Anyway, after a few deaths this season, may be it's time to put Hector back to the team again. But gosh that aweful movement of 1...!

Movement skills can help Hector get around a lot easier. I taught mine Pivot, and I have Sharena and Sully both with Draw Back, which is great in general.

2 hours ago, Othin said:

Movement skills can help Hector get around a lot easier. I taught mine Pivot, and I have Sharena and Sully both with Draw Back, which is great in general.

I gave him wing of mercy but it will take a while to farm enough sp considering how rarely he actually sees battle when he is that slow...

I'm thinking of letting Eirika and Linde/Takumi learn shove and draw back too, if I want to position Hector effectively.

3 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Score of 4504:

• Ground Zero (1PM PST Mar 18) - #5326
  • 26 Hours Later - #5973

The deterioration has slowed right down, though still puts me well outside of the top 5k (and well within top 10k), leading me to believe that, even outside of the extended quests, there was some sort of rush to get into the top 5k.

Or, the experience boost allowed people to train up the likes of F!Robin, meaning overall higher stat totals.

But she's only 143 BST at 4* LV40, which is 8 points less than an equivalent Sully and 7 less than equivalent Jagen. Most of the other bonus characters will be coming in at 5*, giving them inherently higher stats at 40. Even 4* Rein matches her points and Lachesis is slightly higher with Assault. The only thing she beats is 4* Klein, who has 134 BST (granted, 3-star F!Robin still technically beats him with a BST of 136, but who's gonna give up Klein's utility over her for 2 points?). This also assumes people were willing to shell out 2000 feathers for her, otherwise the gap gets even larger (except against the aforementioned 4* Klein). So, who exactly would F!Robin be replacing to get them a higher score? Unless you mean they were running without bonus characters at all (which would be more than a little weird for people aspiring to top 5k+)?

20 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Score of 4504:

• Ground Zero (1PM PST Mar 18) - #5326
  • 26 Hours Later - #5973

The deterioration has slowed right down, though still puts me well outside of the top 5k (and well within top 10k), leading me to believe that, even outside of the extended quests, there was some sort of rush to get into the top 5k.

I just finished trial testing my new arena team for next season (Eldigan, Minerva, Eirika, Ursula) and I got a deathless run on my first try. My new score is 4506, replacing my older teams 4418. Rank is #5795. So I guess at this range 2 point score difference is about 170 rank difference.

Glad I am back in the top 10k at least. At 4418 my rank was around #15k. Still feels weird that I am no longer using my old faithful standbys of 4* FCorrin and 4* Kagero though.

Edited by ExpendableExtra

1 hour ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

But she's only 143 BST at 4* LV40, which is 8 points less than an equivalent Sully and 7 less than equivalent Jagen. Most of the other bonus characters will be coming in at 5*, giving them inherently higher stats at 40. Even 4* Rein matches her points and Lachesis is slightly higher with Assault. The only thing she beats is 4* Klein, who has 134 BST (granted, 3-star F!Robin still technically beats him with a BST of 136, but who's gonna give up Klein's utility over her for 2 points?). This also assumes people were willing to shell out 2000 feathers for her, otherwise the gap gets even larger (except against the aforementioned 4* Klein). So, who exactly would F!Robin be replacing to get them a higher score? Unless you mean they were running without bonus characters at all (which would be more than a little weird for people aspiring to top 5k+)?

Replace her weapon with Gronnblade for 145 stat total.  Possibly throw Fury on her for 155 BST with -blade or 153 with -wolf (though I can't see anyone doing this unless they're heavily into arena manipulation).  Not everyone has pulled Sully/Jagen, or wants to use them.  If the rest of the team is something like Azura/Effie/Young Tiki, I can see it working.

Mine replaced Raven (so I lost a grand total of three BST).  The stat hit I took was more than made up for in a deathless run.

Edited by eclipse

Well, my score of 4516 fell out of the top 5K today.  I think I'm safe for the top 10K hopefully.  At 5028 now.

I've been seeing more Skill cheese teams today.  I got caught off guard by an entire team with Wings of Mercy.