Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I managed to complete a deathless run that put me at 4474, about 10 points above what I was before; but was enough to climb back into the 5,000-10,000 rank category that i'd just dropped out of today. Woohoo!

I really hope this trend of same-score, significant rank drop doesn't continue. Ryoma is the only unit I even have that's over 170 BST (every single 5* I have, other than him, has low BST and is a ranged unit) so I can't exactly do the bst climb without spending feathers I don't have. If I had 20k feathers I suppose I could promote Olivia to 5* and put Fury on her or something, but I don't.

14 hours ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

That's an awful lot to invest in a unit that's only hanging around for a couple weeks and the skills can be given to the other units listed to make them even better (barring Eldigan, since he already has Fury). Not having Sully/Jagen or any of the other banner units is fair enough, though I'd say if they're aiming for 4500+, then not wanting to use a character is something they might have to get over. Case in point: I didn't want to use Seliph before, but he was necessary for the score. I guess if she fits their comp, then I'd understand that, though I'd also argue that anyone seriously pushing for 4500+ would have trained her in advance of the first season where she was a bonus character.

F!Robin has the dubious honor of being the lone B Tomebreaker unit, so if I had all of those resources, I wouldn't be averse to using them on her.

---

My deepest apologies to anyone in the 4.3K range.  I managed a last-minute 4,356.  Decided to experiment with a different unit in Virion's place. The results were. . .explosive, to say the least!

Got my first perfect run of the season at 4560! Going to bed now, but I'll update with what the corresponding rank is when I wake up.

Also got my first defense win already :O was definitely not expecting to get one so soon considering I got nothing until two days before the reset last season, but I'm most certainly not complaining (and it's at 267 so I'm all set for this season's defense already).

EDIT: I'm most certainly going to be kicked down several hundred spots once I wake up, but for now I am hilariously rank 67. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

Team: Sharena, Abel, F.Robin, and Marth
3/15: 3453 Rank: Around 80,000
3/16: 4,087 Rank: 43,327
3/17: 4,169 Rank: 43,260
3/19: 4,169 Rank: 53,001
3/21: 4,169 Rank: 60,291

Have to think about this season's team, and who to use the 20k feathers on now.

It's kind of sad there are new bonus characters now, my team of Sanaki/Sully/F!Corrin/Minerva was doing really well in the last few weeks (Sully's Draw Back has been incredibly useful in getting Sanaki/Minerva out of sticky situations)

The only bonus character I have ready right now is Azama, but he's at level 33. Still, healing support is appreciated and he can at least support with some key Pain damage so it's not too bad. Currently grinding up my 3 star Ursula though since I miss having a cavalry Red killer.

Looks like Priscilla has a considerably higher rating than Ursula and she seems much more useful anyway, so she's the one taking over the bonus slot on my team. It's a lot of fun being able to use a healer in the arena without giving up ratings, although it's unfortunate that that means she's the only member of my current team without a movement skill. Sully and Catria were a lot of fun as previous bonus characters, but I can't complain here either, especially now that I actually have one of the new focus characters for the first time since the beginning. Unfortunately, while Priscilla is about to learn the Slow spell she inherited from my extra Wrys along with his other neat skills, I'll have to leave it unequipped in the arena because despite its utility, it'll lower her rating.

59 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

It's kind of sad there are new bonus characters now, my team of Sanaki/Sully/F!Corrin/Minerva was doing really well in the last few weeks (Sully's Draw Back has been incredibly useful in getting Sanaki/Minerva out of sticky situations)

The only bonus character I have ready right now is Azama, but he's at level 33. Still, healing support is appreciated and he can at least support with some key Pain damage so it's not too bad. Currently grinding up my 3 star Ursula though since I miss having a cavalry Red killer.

Yeah, you have to be ready for a change every two weeks. First three weeks were the initial focuses, since then it seems to be two weeks of each focus.

I would use Priscilla... If I had her. I've got no choice but to use my Ursula. At least she's level 40 now, thanks to this stratum cavalry quest.

I also have Priscilla and I'm willing to give her a go, but she's lv 20 right now so I gotta get her up to 40 first. I also have Jaffar, though, and I'm giving him a few skills to work quite nicely with my team---rally def, to boost Ryoma's tankiness and give Nino more atk, and come tomorrow, Fortify Res (gotta get a Sophia), for the same reasons.

Gave Ryoma Swap, and that works great because he's my squad's tank and works great in conjunction to Nino's Draw Back.

Just got wrecked by a cavalry team. Olwen, Cecilia, and two Eldigans, all with Fury, Reposition, and some cavalry boost skill. Not sure what to do about that.

8 minutes ago, Othin said:

Just got wrecked by a cavalry team. Olwen, Cecilia, and two Eldigans, all with Fury, Reposition, and some cavalry boost skill. Not sure what to do about that.

Sounds like the -wolf tomes might see more use this season >:D

37 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Sounds like the -wolf tomes might see more use this season >:D

But -wolf tomes are terrible!

1 minute ago, Elieson said:

But -wolf tomes are terrible!

I want to believe ;__;

Honestly though, you're probably right. It makes me sad though that the tomes designed to beat cavalry aren't even as good as other sets vs cavalry...

What a joke - this arena season.

Every Takumi now have Vantage... (Honestly.. Vantage 2 is more than enough .. since no one really chip 1/4 of your health)

That being said.

How to make Hector stronger?

8 hours ago, Korath88 said:

All that practice with my new team paid off. Perfect run on first try for a score of 4514!

IMG_3372.PNG

Ninian do more dancing or attacking.

thx pianime

Edited by Ryuke

I've found some use for Ursula's wolf tome, since I don't really have anything better to give her. Inherited Draw Back from a spare Sully to keep the mobility utility with my team. Also threw Swordbreaker 1 at her because why not? She'll mash the faster swords a little harder, anyway. Ran into a couple Reins on defense last night. It was easy enough to bait them into Ursula's range. She has enough Atk after the boost to one-round him, and enough Res to live through +Atk Rein. Basically, he immediately regretted his life decisions.

Despite the lowered BST, I'm finding usuing Ursula rather enjoyable. Having two ranged nukes on the team takes a lot of the pressure off in some of these maps that would normally be iffy with triple melee.

2 hours ago, Ryuke said:

Every Takumi now have Vantage... (Honestly.. Vantage 2 is more than enough .. since no one really chip 1/4 of your health)

Until people start running Takumi with B Tomebreaker or Warding Blow (ahaha), I'll just laugh at every Takumi with Vantage when Robin still just eats him for breakfast.

2 hours ago, Ryuke said:

How to make Hector stronger?

Pivot and/or Wings of Mercy for mobility. Vantage to annoy the hell out of everyone. Lancebreaker to one-round kill Effie on player phase. Axebreaker to be a jerk to other Hectors. Lunge to catch people off guard. Poison Strike and Savage Blow to punish players who let Hector initiate combat to avoid his Quick Riposte.

You can also make Hector stronger by adding two or three more Hectors to stack Goad Armor.

@Ice Dragon - I guess Robin is less of a concern. Since any mage including Tharja can handle Robin. 
Man ... 3x Hector + 1 Effie (with Wing for Roy) might ruin everyone moment. Since no one brings ArmorSlayer as off yet. 

That being said. What's a good way to build a defensive team? (Highest BST? All units of 1 color [guaranteed defence?]?)
Does Arena by default takes your last Entry team? (Or is defence team.. the first slot in your team list)

15 minutes ago, Ryuke said:

@Ice Dragon - I guess Robin is less of a concern. Since any mage including Tharja can handle Robin. 
Man ... 3x Hector + 1 Effie (with Wing for Roy) might ruin everyone moment. Since no one brings ArmorSlayer as off yet. 

That being said. What's a good way to build a defensive team? (Highest BST? All units of 1 color [guaranteed defence?]?)
Does Arena by default takes your last Entry team? (Or is defence team.. the first slot in your team list)

Your Arena Defense team will always be your leftmost team. 

I really have no idea what makes a good defense team though. I wish we saw how many people challenged our defense, not just how many lost. That would give us a better idea of what team comps work and what comps don't. 

4 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Your Arena Defense team will always be your leftmost team. 

I really have no idea what makes a good defense team though. I wish we saw how many people challenged our defense, not just how many lost. That would give us a better idea of what team comps work and what comps don't. 

Whelp. This kind of explain why I didnt get any defence result last week. I literally slot a level 40 4* bias there.