Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

5 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Man, AA has been so uncooperative. I scored 5,056 somehow last week in normal arena, yet I couldn't get RNG on my side to get a streak of more than 5,036 before calling it quits for AA. I ended up dropped down to around the 5,500's in rank.

Thanks to my water blessings kicking in this week, I managed a 5,076 AA score and 5,096 in regular arena. Hopefully that might keep me in the top 5k AA and maybe even stay in tier 20 too. I'm 1,225th of 3,500 places in T20 though, so maybe that still might not be enough..

But also last week was water season? 

If 5,036 was not enough last week for top 5k, then I'll better give it another try in the weekend. But I don't think much more than 5,050 is possible for me currently. 

I managed to stay in top 5k for 4 weeks now with scores of 5,036, 5036, 5,046 and 5,050. 

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

If 5,036 was not enough last week for top 5k, then I'll better give it another try in the weekend. But I don't think much more than 5,050 is possible for me currently. 

I managed to stay in top 5k for 4 weeks now with scores of 5,036, 5036, 5,046 and 5,050. 

It was wind/earth last season, despite Fjorm as a bonus unit.

I can't seem to get into the top 5k of AA anymore without the help of blessings. On non-water weeks, I usually get around 5,030-ish, which hasn't been making the cut. Not really sure how blessings alone made such a monster jump this week, but maybe my matches were luckier than usual too. I guess I really need some more merges in my team to get a higher raw score, but it's still been slow going there aside from from Camilla being done now.

28 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Last week was wind+earth.

Meanwhile, I decided to get my arena assault run done early, before the inevitable Reinhardts flood the defence teams yes again. And I did it on my first try.

I like completing arena assault.
I like completing arena assault, not I like completing arena assault.

I just finished my runs. On normal arena I got a score of 4956 with 1 death which should be enough to go back to tier 20 but if the water season boost inflates the scores too much then I'll try to do a deathless run.

AA took me like 3 tries because I wasn't paying attention but I finally got my deathless run with 5,034 points. I don't have much hopes about staying in the top 5k with this but at least I broke 5k here.

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

@Vaximillian it's never complete. 

@Alkaid I don't have merged legendary units, so blessings won't help me in AA. I'm waiting for another Cherche copy to switch from 4*+10 to 5*+5. Also Cordelia (+6) or BH!Roy (+5) copies would help, even Shiro (+5) since he is my AA point slave. 

It's worth noting that blessings are worth enough that high merges on the legendary aren't absolutely necessary. For frame of reference, when I was running my Arena core with three blessings and a +1 Fjorm, it took until 5*+7 with a similarly SP-optimal skill set before my Draug was actually outscoring her during water seasons.

1 minute ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

It's worth noting that blessings are worth enough that high merges on the legendary aren't absolutely necessary. For frame of reference, when I was running my Arena core with three blessings and a +1 Fjorm, it took until 5*+7 with a similarly SP-optimal skill set before my Draug was actually outscoring her during water seasons.

My Fjorm is +0 with her default skills, while Shiro is +5 with the most expensive skills (including Prf and Aether). I guess I will keep him (and my core of course). 

55 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

My Fjorm is +0 with her default skills, while Shiro is +5 with the most expensive skills (including Prf and Aether). I guess I will keep him (and my core of course). 

Well, my Fjorm had the default kit, too. It might be close, but yours might be worth slightly more with the blessings. For comparison:

• Fjorm +1 (+Spd/-HP) - default kit, Reposition, Panic Ploy 3 Seal (at the time, since QR wasn't out and nothing else I had upgraded was worth 240)
  • Draug +6 - Wo Dao+Def, Rally Def/Res, Aether, Mirror Strike 2, Poison Strike 3, Spur Def/Res 2, Panic Ploy 3 Seal

Despite all that, Fjorm was worth a bit more and she was able to get away with running Reposition over the dual rally. The next merge to Draug put him just slightly over what Fjorm provided. When considering the gap between Shiro and Fjorm, also note that my Draug was down that much despite also toting armour BST (granted, Shiro is only one bin behind him, but it's still notable).

I'm always too frightened before new units arrive, so I did Arena early again this week and broke my past record yet again. An arena score of 5110 feels pretty unreal, but it's water season and Fjorm is a bonus. Luck in AA was also finally on my side and I got past 5066 and made it to 5088. 

12 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Well, my Fjorm had the default kit, too. It might be close, but yours might be worth slightly more with the blessings. For comparison:

• Fjorm +1 (+Spd/-HP) - default kit, Reposition, Panic Ploy 3 Seal (at the time, since QR wasn't out and nothing else I had upgraded was worth 240)
  • Draug +6 - Wo Dao+Def, Rally Def/Res, Aether, Mirror Strike 2, Poison Strike 3, Spur Def/Res 2, Panic Ploy 3 Seal

Despite all that, Fjorm was worth a bit more and she was able to get away with running Reposition over the dual rally. The next merge to Draug put him just slightly over what Fjorm provided. When considering the gap between Shiro and Fjorm, also note that my Draug was down that much despite also toting armour BST (granted, Shiro is only one bin behind him, but it's still notable).

Hm, I might consider that route if I can't stay in top 5k anymore (or if I ever have merged legendaries). Thing is, my core units have different blessings, only Cherche got a water blessing. I don't want to build 3 cores if three units, but I also can't change the blessings every week. 

Btw: I think Shiros Prf closes the gap to Draug a little, the rest of their skills should have equal SP cost. 

Thanks for all the info, I really have underestimated the blessings effect on the score. 

No problem. Figured I'd share the info since I initially underestimated blessings as well until I looked at the numbers using the two and went, "Waaaaait a second."

Yeah, I get how that is with not wanting to build multiple teams, which is why I just decided to go with water for my core and ignore everything else. It's too much work to build an earth team +10, I don't have Ephriam and Gunnthra is worth garbage points due to being ranged cavalry, so a wind team would be 100% last priority. I had entertained the possibility of being persuaded to another element down the line, but decided to stick with water. Spd is a pretty good bonus stat, but more to the point, water season is the place where the highest suddenly point spike can be expected due to everyone getting Fjorm for free and Water Blessings have being the most freely distributed out of all the blessing rewards.

6 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I don't have merged legendary units, so blessings won't help me in AA. I'm waiting for another Cherche copy to switch from 4*+10 to 5*+5. Also Cordelia (+6) or BH!Roy (+5) copies would help, even Shiro (+5) since he is my AA point slave. 

Like Kuroi said, during water seasons the blessings make a pretty big difference even with a +0 base kit Fjorm. I put water on my 3 core units so I get a good buff from it when it works. I could have mixed the blessings, but I don't think 1 active per season would really matter enough for me, so might as go all in on water seasons. That said, I have no merged up 4th unit, so Fjorm's actually my highest scoring 4th slot for AA/as a bonus unit anyway. I just have to tough it out on other weeks with raw score. I think my biggest scoring issue is I still haven't gotten anything better than my +1 Ayra for the red unit in my core 3.

Edited by Alkaid

Running the exact same team, one with blessings active (running just the one Legendary hero) and one without makes for a 6 point difference per fight, for an expected gain of 42 points over the course of a deathless run. It's huge.

My team of Marth+1, Micaiah+1, Fjorm+1, and Myrrh (there must always be one to break the naming pattern) already got two defence wins on the very first day.

Couldn’t I have got one of these the day prior?

I usually like AA, but I absolutely loathe it when I die on the third map. It means replaying two maps again for no rewards, and it just feels boring and tedious then. I've sent feedback in asking if there was some way we could use crests to redo the mode for rewards, but it doesn't look like it's been listened to. I did my complete run on Tues, at least, so I've got the highest score I can.

I was worried that my team of Bunny Alfonse, Xander, Reinhardt and Inigo wouldn't cut it this week for getting into Tier 19 in normal Arena, but I managed another run with Fjorm, Zelgius, The Christmas Robin and M!Grima that seems a lot more promising :)

Edited by Cute Chao

On 4/14/2018 at 3:30 AM, Cute Chao said:

I usually like AA, but I absolutely loathe it when I die on the third map. It means replaying two maps again for no rewards, and it just feels boring and tedious then. I've sent feedback in asking if there was some way we could use crests to redo the mode for rewards, but it doesn't look like it's been listened to. I did my complete run on Tues, at least, so I've got the highest score I can.

I was worried that my team of Bunny Alfonse, Xander, Reinhardt and Inigo wouldn't cut it this week for getting into Tier 19 in normal Arena, but I managed another run with Fjorm, Zelgius, The Christmas Robin and M!Grima that seems a lot more promising :)

I just do the easy 1 unit only method for doing the daily AA rewards

Also wow, no defense wins at all this week for me for both accounts. Maps aren't good for armours, so I switched a few things around but still nothing.

Me: “Tharja isn’t supposed to double Myrrh!”
Also me, looking at Myrrh’s kit: “Oh”.

Screenshot_20180416-090626.png

Tharja then killed them all.

(I get it, Hectors don’t rain from the sky, but still, there must have been a way to play around her native breath)

Edited by Vaximillian