Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Stare up at the sky and hope a Hector falls out of it.

That’s pretty much how I got a Hector for my Myrrh /thinking
But I was hoping for a Deirdre.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, 4934 is a post-readjustment record for me but it's sitting at 11,482/13,062 at the moment so I'm fairly pessimistic about my chances. No way am I going to try to improve that, so I'll accept my fate no matter which side of the fence I fall into.

5,186 for my regular Arena score.

5,224 for my Arena Assault score with my new team. The new armors are broken. I'm no longer optimized for score, and yet I still score just as high as my previous team.

+9 Zelgius [+Spd, -Res] (Alondite, Swap, Black Luna, Steady Breath, Bold Fighter 3, Ward Armor, Close Def 3)
+10 Hardin [+Atk, -Spd] (Gradivus, Swap, Aether, Steady Breath, Bold Fighter 3, Ward Armor, Quick Riposte 3)
+10 Myrrh [+Atk, -Spd] (Great Flame, Reposition, Aether, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte 3, Drive Def 2, Guidance 3)
+10 Dark Robin (M) [+Atk, -HP] (Expiration, Swap, Aether, Steady Breath, Bold Fighter 3, Ward Armor, Drive Def 2)

Just one more Zelgius...

4 minutes ago, Alexmender said:
Say hello to the new bonus heroes!

Alfonse week this time eh, I'm glad I have him trained.

Oh hey, it's Ephraim. I guess that can be my excuse to finally finish building him. I've been putting it off for so long.

30 minutes ago, Alexmender said:
Say hello to the new bonus heroes!

Looking forward to actually using my shiny new Leif! Lack of Marth will be scary with all the dragons running (and flapping) around though. And Marth’s drives, too. Oh well.

Had a pretty good Arena week overall. I'm sitting on 8 DEF wins right now with a score of 5102 in normal Arena (2 points higher than last week) and 5104 in AA (lower than last week but still adequate). I'm going to miss having Fjorm on my team. Next season, I think I'll have to use Ephraim. I've got both him and M. Robin trained up, but Ephraim's worth a little more at the end of the day... Maybe his buffs will come in handy? 

Pretty amazing record score of 4980 in Arena. I've never even gotten that high in AA.

As for the next season, Priscilla is score death so I'm pretty much forced to use M!Robin or Alfonse. It sure would be nice if I had Ephraim.. y'know... the only true favorite left of mine I still don't have in any form in this game. At least it's dropout week starting tomorrow.

10 hours ago, mcsilas said:

I just do the easy 1 unit only method for doing the daily AA rewards

Also wow, no defense wins at all this week for me for both accounts. Maps aren't good for armours, so I switched a few things around but still nothing.

I got none last week and two this week with the exact same team (Fjorm, Zelgius, WE!Robin, Grima). Madness...

And nah, I do it on the hardest mode because I do enjoy it... unless I die on the third map and have to replay for nothing. Then it's annoying >.<

1 hour ago, Cute Chao said:

I got none last week and two this week with the exact same team (Fjorm, Zelgius, WE!Robin, Grima). Madness...

And nah, I do it on the hardest mode because I do enjoy it... unless I die on the third map and have to replay for nothing. Then it's annoying >.<

I'm thinking part of the reason I have no wins, besides the more open maps, is also Fjorm + Water season boosts.

Ah well, I'll just let this week slide. Got better things to do than stress too much about it. I did find myself in Arena Assault easy though so I at least have some feathers for one of my accounts at least. No luck on the other- I just get other random people multiple times instead.

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

I'm thinking part of the reason I have no wins, besides the more open maps, is also Fjorm + Water season boosts.

Ah well, I'll just let this week slide. Got better things to do than stress too much about it. I did find myself in Arena Assault easy though so I at least have some feathers for one of my accounts at least. No luck on the other- I just get other random people multiple times instead.

I don't stress about defence wins, because I feel there's not much you can do there. If they showed us how many we lots or the types of teams, maybe...

Funnily enough, all my armours have Wind Blessing xD I didn't even think about that at the time. I hope we get an armour wind legendary xD

2 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I don't stress about defence wins, because I feel there's not much you can do there. If they showed us how many we lots or the types of teams, maybe...

Funnily enough, all my armours have Wind Blessing xD I didn't even think about that at the time. I hope we get an armour wind legendary xD

That's a good way to look at it. It's just my personality then haha, it feels like I wasted a source of income if I dont' get any, so having at least something even if it's not the full amount would be nice.

My Wind blessing team is the weakest actually, after going through the GHB Elite 2 quests. I should really choose a good green unit for the Blessing.. mine have barely any synergy.

As for next season's bonus units... hmm I have Priscilla but she's 4 star and won't score well. I should probably start building Ephraim now as well, I still haven't refined his weapon. Not sure what to choose now that he has 2 options.

And then maybe I'll just go with Alfonse for my main, who doesn't have Ephraim.

Although I guess Robin is also a safe option.

11 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

That's a good way to look at it. It's just my personality then haha, it feels like I wasted a source of income if I dont' get any, so having at least something even if it's not the full amount would be nice.

My Wind blessing team is the weakest actually, after going through the GHB Elite 2 quests. I should really choose a good green unit for the Blessing.. mine have barely any synergy.

As for next season's bonus units... hmm I have Priscilla but she's 4 star and won't score well. I should probably start building Ephraim now as well, I still haven't refined his weapon. Not sure what to choose now that he has 2 options.

And then maybe I'll just go with Alfonse for my main, who doesn't have Ephraim.

Although I guess Robin is also a safe option.

For me, it's the Earth Blessing Team.

Water has Fjorm and PA!Azura (plus a good selection of others).

Wind is my armours, and I have most of the best armours (although Hardin would be welcome to join me. Maybe Lyn. Tharja can stay away).

Fire has Reinhardt, Xander, Inigo and Frederick, plus a few others, in preparation for when I finally get Ephraim.

Earth has a bit of a mish-mash, based on whoever I can get working at the time. I'm not a huge Ike fan, so I don't use him a lot.

Ugh, this coming week is gonna suck. I don’t have anyone (built) on this list aside aside from Robin and Ephraim. Robin isn’t really ideal for Arena seeing as Brave Lyn isn’t quite as omnipresent as before and his scoring is disappointing, so he’s out. That leaves me with Ephraim who’s stuck with a budget build due to his infrequent usage. At least this the week I’m in tier 20 so naturally I’ll fall back, but the week after I’m gonna really dread.

6 hours ago, Zeo said:

As for the next season, Priscilla is score death so I'm pretty much forced to use M!Robin or Alfonse. It sure would be nice if I had Ephraim.. y'know... the only true favorite left of mine I still don't have in any form in this game.

Priscilla at 4* +10 shouldn't be too bad. Otherwise, I am on the same boat. I wish I had Ephraim too but he has always eluded me. I will probably promote Alfonse this week.

Argh this is officially the very worst Arena Season line up I have ever seen. Out of all of these, the only one I have and is relatively built is M!Robin, but he is stuck with Defiant Spd in his A and I don't have anything better to give him. (No Fury fodder, no Deathblow, no LnD, No TA nothing. I can give him the 2 version of any of these, but that's gonna drop my Arena score even worse then DS)

Guess I'll be dropping back to Tier 16 in the next two weeks. Goddammit! :(

Although I was playing tier 20 this week (which I usually play on easy to just reach 4000+ points for the rewards), I decided to see how far/near to stay I was, since it was water season and I've Fjorm in my core, so I had 1 free spot. I got my highest score ever, 5050, although it's only rank 7424, which is not enough. However, I'm happy to see my score over 5000, even if it's only due to 3 Water Blessings. Got my highest score ever in Arena Assault too, 5034, which is currently rank 5676. 3rd week in a row with a defense win (since I got my first Rein ever 3 weeks ago, I've the most hated defense core ever, Rein/B!Lyn/Axura).

This has been the guys who have given my those highscores:

5ad4df2882c8d_BraveIke8.thumb.jpg.b9d9875d6406a2e502279ca5d2279225.jpg

Brave Ike 5*+8 [+HP/-Res]

Spoiler

His set is:

Urvan

Rally Spe/Def

Aether

Steady Breath

Beorc's Blessing

Threaten Def 3

Quick Riposte 3

Fjorm.thumb.jpg.4406d3ff45f669a4142157d4110e7ee5.jpg

Fjorm 5*+0

Spoiler

Leiptr

Draw Back

Ice Mirror

Atk/Def Bond 3

Shield Pulse 3

Drive Atk 2

Close Defense 3

5ad4dfedc470c_MaskedMarth4.thumb.jpg.d2f00113927b4ba8242bce63376e6ab9.jpg

Masked Marth 5*+4

Spoiler

Falchion (Special refinement)

Resposition

Luna

Darting Blow 3

Swordbreaker 3

Threaten Def 3

Drive Def 2

5ad4e04192341_Michalis2.thumb.jpg.2ca5e504c6a639695424fc372ae60111.jpg

Michalis 5*+2

Spoiler

Hauteclare (Special refinement)

Draw Back

Aether

Heavy Blade 3

Quick Riposte 3

Threaten Def 3

Distant Defense 3

However, I hope to get a better 4th scorer than Michalis for the next Fjorm season!

Broke my previous record of 4,970 in AA by 4 points for a satisfying 4,974. Sadly it looks like even that might not be enough for me to stay in the top 10k. The scores are really inflated this week man.